PDA

View Full Version : WA: Gavin Simms Memorial Cup - 2013 EOI

Pages : [1] 2

Shadesy
31st October 2012, 03:38 PM
Not Resting on my laurels and stupidly winning it this year, I have already looked at 2013.

Whilst we have been to the well a few times, the Question is, do we change a winning Formula or go for something Different?

I love the Idea of perhaps going North, and I think that is a good choice eventually, but next year I was looking at still being South but not so far. There are some great Courses around Mandurah and think this is what I have so Far.

Date: October 18/19/20 2013

Accommodation - Mandurah Holiday Village. I have tentatively booked 7 villas (sleep 4 and are better standard and bigger than Bunbury). Cost is Slightly Higher but still good at $45 per Person per night - http://www.mandurahholidayvillage.com.au/15978.htm

G (http://www.mandurahholidayvillage.com.au/15978.htm)olf -

Proposed Nullarbor Cup #2 - Meadow Springs Golf Club (Coring not until Mid November)
Saturday Champs Round - Secret Harbour Golf Club (coring Middle of the Year)
Sunday Champs Round - Mandurah Country Club (Coring Now, so will need to check next year for Certain)

Pinjarra is also an Option for 9 holes on the Friday, or to Take one of the other Rounds. Binny is maybe 40 minutes from Mandurah, or there is always the Cut ;-)

Plenty of Time for the Yeasties to set their Diaries and for Pieface and Golfnut to start getting Permission now.

What say you WAnkers.

Ashes
31st October 2012, 03:39 PM
In like Flynn

sms316
31st October 2012, 03:40 PM
Oh shit. Oct 20 is my wedding anniversary.

She'll get over it.

rubin
31st October 2012, 03:43 PM
Yep. Im in

Shadesy
31st October 2012, 03:44 PM
I dont really need numbers yet, (but if you want to commit this far out then great), just more to let you know my thoughts and if anyone likes the Mandurah Idea. Hope to give the East guys plenty of time to Come as well.

AndyP
31st October 2012, 03:50 PM
I'm sure the Champs over here will be at about the same time, but there is another thread for that. Well done on getting in first though.

Shadesy
31st October 2012, 03:54 PM
I'm sure the Champs over here will be at about the same time, but there is another thread for that. Well done on getting in first though.

errrrr... We'll see what happens, certainly dont want any clashes.

I thought it was moving to June :lol:

Webster
31st October 2012, 03:56 PM
Jack is in. I got a full 12 months to find that extra stablefore point I needed on Sunday.

Ashes
31st October 2012, 03:58 PM
Fair chance I'll be a Mandurah CC Sunday member next year.. Home track advantage on a Sunday seems to be a good thing :)

Marto65
31st October 2012, 04:01 PM
Sounds great to me ... hope I can get there.

sms316
31st October 2012, 04:03 PM
Jack is in. I got a full 12 months to find that extra stablefore point I needed on Sunday. Good stuff Captain Jack.

LeftyHoges
31st October 2012, 04:06 PM
Geez, you just can't let us VIC's have the anticipation and build up for our champs, can you?!

Selfish little attention-seekers!

:lol:

TourFit
31st October 2012, 04:26 PM
Love it Shadesy!

Three quality courses there, with good greens and relatively close to Perth (for Golfnut, who will be required to return home each night)

dc68
31st October 2012, 04:47 PM
I'm in.

timah!
31st October 2012, 04:49 PM
Plenty of Time for the Yeasties to set their Diaries

Like you WAnkers always do for the OzGolf Champs?

;)

Johnny Canuck
31st October 2012, 04:53 PM
I may be able to hook up discounts at Secret Harbour being mates with both trainee pros and the pro.

Definitely in.

Ashes
31st October 2012, 04:56 PM
Saturday is PGN comp at SH so could probably get into their comp if peeps want it as a formal comp round through Golflink. It would be a stroke play event that time of year though.

Jeffo1123
31st October 2012, 04:57 PM
Sounds saweet!

simmsy
31st October 2012, 05:01 PM
mandurah too is a comp on the sunday usually.

love mandurah cc.

simmsy
31st October 2012, 05:02 PM
no putt-putt facilities.

fail!

Ashes
31st October 2012, 05:03 PM
Not sure how the visitor thing works as a Sunday member at Mandurah CC, but I might be able to get some or all on for the $20 rate. I'll make some enquiries when I sign up.

Shadesy
31st October 2012, 05:13 PM
I may be able to hook up discounts at Secret Harbour being mates with both trainee pros and the pro.

Definitely in.

Like Yoss did?

Johnny Canuck
31st October 2012, 05:20 PM
There is a mini golf course in Mandurah that we could hop on late night.

rubin
31st October 2012, 05:22 PM
There is a mini golf course in Mandurah that we could hop on late night.

If its mandurah, we could always go back to 'swirlfest' and 'hormone'. Cheap and not far from mandurah

Ned
31st October 2012, 06:57 PM
Camo's reply to me about this was outstanding!

Ashes
31st October 2012, 06:58 PM
Camo's reply to me about this was outstanding!

Did he suggest you start gathering more sandbags?

Ned
31st October 2012, 06:59 PM
Did he suggest you start gathering more sandbags?

Pot - kettle.......

dc68
31st October 2012, 07:14 PM
Camo's reply to me about this was outstanding! It would be better if he got on and replied himself.....

Veefore
31st October 2012, 07:28 PM
I like the courses so I reckon I'll probably be there.

Ned
31st October 2012, 07:36 PM
It would be better if he got on and replied himself.....

Ring him up, he is having technology issues!

Zeusgolf
31st October 2012, 08:10 PM
I'm in..

TourFit
31st October 2012, 09:29 PM
Megatwatty in VERY light pencil...:roll: In fact, he's prolly oot!

bergsey
31st October 2012, 09:36 PM
Sounds great. It opens up options then for a round in Perth somewhere on the Friday or the Sunday as contigency.

simmsy
31st October 2012, 09:54 PM
Araluen Sunday if MCC is no go.

Ashes
31st October 2012, 09:55 PM
Araluen would be quality. Might be a good option for a Winter Cup if not?

simmsy
31st October 2012, 10:47 PM
:wink:

Cosmopolite
31st October 2012, 11:59 PM
Like you WAnkers always do for the OzGolf Champs?

;)
one of us does!

MegaWatty
1st November 2012, 02:59 AM
Megatwatty in VERY light pencil...:roll: In fact, he's prolly oot! TourFit in VERY dark pencil to eat food off the ground, in fact he already has!

TourFit
1st November 2012, 02:39 PM
Would you get over it already?

A guy did an attempted teabag FFS and then improvised and sent the photos out to others...surely that should be gettin' MUCH more attention?

MegaWatty
1st November 2012, 02:52 PM
No.

Get over that I work weekends and you hit shanks.

Shadesy
1st November 2012, 03:25 PM
Would you get over it already?

A guy did an attempted teabag FFS and then improvised and sent the photos out to others...surely that should be gettin' MUCH more attention?

The funniest thing you did all weekend was unintentional :-)

TourFit
1st November 2012, 04:25 PM
That is so far removed from you being intentionally disgusting!

My actions affected no one but me, yours didn't. And if it had been ME you'd done it too, you'd be carrying your agates around in a different bag!

rubin
1st November 2012, 04:43 PM
it coulda been worse - if memory serves, he was originally going for the far more traditional T-Bag

Courty
1st November 2012, 04:47 PM
Definitely interested, but won't know for sure at least until dates are confirmed.

I'd love to make all 3 Champs in the same year.

Shadesy
1st November 2012, 04:52 PM
That is so far removed from you being intentionally disgusting!

My actions affected no one but me, yours didn't. And if it had been ME you'd done it too, you'd be carrying your agates around in a different bag!

Don't go to sleep next year fitty ol pal.

TourFit
1st November 2012, 05:37 PM
Obviously not interested in trying for more kids with Mrs Shadesy then...?

MegaWatty
1st November 2012, 05:38 PM
He got tricked into it last night so I'm guessing not.

simmsy
1st November 2012, 05:41 PM
geez fit! you're getting a little bit testy!!

the worst thing that happened to me is i felt a little testy.

Heaf's was funny, yours was a concern.

sms316
1st November 2012, 05:43 PM
Definitely interested, but won't know for sure at least until dates are confirmed.I'd love to make all 3 Champs in the same year. Note to Shadesy: Courty & Nuck in last group.

Shadesy
1st November 2012, 05:50 PM
Note to Shadesy: Courty & Nuck in last group.

Seeding for Sunday this year.

Shadesy
1st November 2012, 05:52 PM
If balls are rubbed on you and no photos are taken, did it really happen?

What if I covered them in cheese first?

Only teasing Fitty.

Pencil
1st November 2012, 05:56 PM
Im hoping to make it next year.

sms316
1st November 2012, 06:02 PM
Seeding for Sunday this year. That stuffs it up. Put Courty on the back nine then. He'll be our reserve for the Nullabor Cup. He needs to earn a start.

Johnny Canuck
1st November 2012, 06:06 PM
Note to Shadesy: Courty & Nuck in last group.

After waiting on every hole at Bunny, Busso and the majority at KBay, I feel that I have earned a promotion.

sms316
1st November 2012, 06:07 PM
After waiting on every hole at Bunny, Busso and the majority at KBay, I feel that I have earned a promotion. Who was the slow poke? Whoever it was, being 2 hours behind seems appropriate.

Shadesy
1st November 2012, 06:12 PM
After waiting on every hole at Bunny, Busso and the majority at KBay, I feel that I have earned a promotion.

I'll go into bat for my partner, considering he couldn't see his pace of play was quite good.

His pace getting ready to go, was another story.

BayBum
1st November 2012, 06:35 PM
Count me in.

I will join up somewhere 3 weeks out,get my official cap of 18 & settle in for the ride :lol:

simmsy
1st November 2012, 06:52 PM
pencil could be a chance if he can get a driver. nailed my driver on 9 at Freo today over the carpark.

Ashes
1st November 2012, 07:03 PM
Nice avatar Simmsy!

TourFit
1st November 2012, 07:11 PM
The funniest thing you did all weekend was unintentional :-)

How do you know it was unintentional? I love shock factor humour. The look on simmsy and Golfnuts' faces was just PRICELESS! I think my slightly sick sense of humour may be gettin' overlooked here

geez fit! you're getting a little bit testy!!

the worst thing that happened to me is i felt a little testy.

Heaf's was funny, yours was a concern.

Nice...a little testy! (That's What She Said)

If balls are rubbed on you and no photos are taken, did it really happen?

What if I covered them in cheese first?

Only teasing Fitty.

Me too, Heaf! :mrgreen:

MegaWatty
1st November 2012, 07:13 PM
It needs to known whether the 3 second rule was broken.

bergsey
1st November 2012, 07:25 PM
We were going to send out the search party for some of the groups at bunbury.. WTF happened there? The five ball cruised thru

TourFit
1st November 2012, 07:26 PM
5 tops...

simmsy
1st November 2012, 07:29 PM
not through lack of trying :)

it was like a coke head that had just dropped his baggy all over the floor.

the look on the proshop guys face was priceless.

TourFit
1st November 2012, 07:31 PM
He got tricked into it last night so I'm guessing not.

Mrs Shadesy had to trick him into getting his c*ck out, but simmsy didn't? Now that IS a concern!

Pencil
1st November 2012, 09:12 PM
pencil could be a chance if he can get a driver. nailed my driver on 9 at Freo today over the carpark. Took me 9 holes to get one straight tho.

adlo
1st November 2012, 09:14 PM
How do you know it was unintentional? I love shock factor humour. The look on simmsy and Golfnuts' faces was just PRICELESS! I think my slightly sick sense of humour may be gettin' overlooked here

The only thing that is getting overlooked here is this post.

Obviously the shock value humour you speak of is this ridiculous post? I know I am shocked.

simmsy
1st November 2012, 09:22 PM
Adlo, you got a job for a short order cook at LowDown?

adlo
1st November 2012, 09:46 PM
Ever heard of the term "eating the profits"?

No job currently available based for reasons mentioned above.

Golfnut
1st November 2012, 09:56 PM
That is GOLD adlo.

Johnny Canuck
1st November 2012, 10:02 PM
Tourfit is right. Most of his attempts at humour are shocking.

TourFit
2nd November 2012, 12:15 AM
Adlo, you got a job for a short order cook at LowDown?

Not enough room for me to bend over in their kitchen...

Pieface
2nd November 2012, 10:39 AM
Ever heard of the term "eating the profits"?

No job currently available based for reasons mentioned above.

But think of the money you save on cleaning!

Golfnut
2nd November 2012, 10:53 AM
But think of the money you save on cleaning! Not if he keeps eating everything off the floor.

Zeusgolf
3rd November 2012, 02:03 PM
It needs to known whether the 3 second rule was broken.

No time limit if you dont make eye contact with the food when you pick it up....

bergsey
3rd November 2012, 05:27 PM
Dr Karl has answered the question -

http://www.abc.net.au/science/k2/stn/img/konair1.gif (http://www.abc.net.au/science/k2/stn/default.htm#questions)

Tourfit wants to know if there's any scientific basis to the 3 second rule for dropping food.

I can confirm that the rule is utter crap. I am a Microbiologist - when you swab things to test for bacteria you touch the surfaces for less time than food stays on the ground - less time than 3 seconds - 1 second etc and you get bacterial growth if the area is not sterile. Hence eating stuff off the floor is eating food which has picked up bacteria off anything it has touched. You then risk the potential to ingest pathogenic bacteria, viruses and the like - you risk getting sick whether it be immediately with food poisoning or indirectly with worms. That being said food is not sterile and can also cause these things but hopefuly your food has been treated better to remove the nasties!

MegaWatty
3rd November 2012, 06:32 PM
http://www.combantrin.com.au/

sms316
3rd November 2012, 07:40 PM
The bride has already given the green light for 2013, even though Sunday 20/10 is our wedding anniversary. Her birthday falls on Tuesday 22/10 and apparently that is more important.

Shadesy
3rd November 2012, 08:18 PM
The bride has already given the green light for 2013, even though Sunday 20/10 is our wedding anniversary. Her birthday falls on Tuesday 22/10 and apparently that is more important.

Canuck is starting his practice already.

simmsy
3rd November 2012, 08:41 PM
Good work SMS.

sms316
3rd November 2012, 09:45 PM
Canuck is starting his practice already. He didn't earn a rematch. He can play Jack.

tommyg
3rd November 2012, 09:46 PM

So its all about her eh? Sounds like she's seeing someone else.

sms316
3rd November 2012, 10:05 PM
So its all about her eh? Sounds like she's seeing someone else. The poor bloke.

tommyg
3rd November 2012, 10:17 PM
It could be a woman?

sms316
3rd November 2012, 10:22 PM
It could be a woman? That's for my birthday.

Yossarian
4th November 2012, 10:31 PM

Do you mean humour so funny you just fall on the floor. (laughing?)

Golfnut
4th November 2012, 11:35 PM
Do you mean humour so funny you just fall on the floor. (laughing?) ..... and checking for morsels of food out of the corner of your eye while you're down there?

TourFit
5th November 2012, 10:04 AM
The same floor where your bids are? We could keep each other company.

Yossarian
5th November 2012, 10:09 AM
That is some powerful shock value humour in retort there fit.

Johnny Canuck
5th November 2012, 10:11 AM
Zing! (not)

Golfnut
5th November 2012, 10:44 AM
:lol:

sms316
2nd December 2012, 03:17 PM
These dates locked in?

timah!
2nd December 2012, 03:37 PM
These dates locked in?

In 5 pages of WAnker planning? Please, you've for at least another 5 pages to go...

sms316
2nd December 2012, 03:42 PM
In 5 pages of WAnker planning? Please, you've for at least another 5 pages to go... Probably, but the WA Champs need to be given priority status again.

timah!
2nd December 2012, 03:44 PM
Probably, but the WA Champs need to be given priority status again.

Priority? More players turned up today at Brooky than the WAnker champs...
;)

sms316
2nd December 2012, 04:00 PM
Priority? More players turned up today at Brooky than the WAnker champs... ;) 200 turned up to the first day of the WA Champs this year.

Shadesy
2nd December 2012, 07:28 PM
These dates locked in?

Won't be able to lock it until the next year but this looks most likely due to coring schedules.

Will be a week either side if any changes.

Shadesy
2nd December 2012, 07:32 PM
In 5 pages of WAnker planning? Please, you've for at least another 5 pages to go...

I'm still waiting for the dates for the QLD champs so I can book flights. Should I expect these in about June?

Will I get them via email?

;-)

LeftyHoges
2nd December 2012, 09:31 PM
I'm still waiting for the dates for the QLD champs so I can book flights. Should I expect these in about June?

Will I get them via email?

;-)

Oi! Worry about VIC first! ;-)

TourFit
3rd December 2012, 10:19 AM
Pffft!

Since when would anything Victorian appeal to us Sandgropers?

popper81
3rd December 2012, 11:45 AM
Ok, I am officially registering my interest in next year, dates pending....

sms316
3rd December 2012, 11:47 AM
Ok, I am officially registering my interest in next year, dates pending.... Cool. Now the Nullabor Cup team has a beer whench.

popper81
3rd December 2012, 11:48 AM
Cool. Now the Nullabor Cup team has a beer whench.

I am glad to have helped you find your calling.....

LeftyHoges
3rd December 2012, 01:58 PM
Pffft!

Since when would anything Victorian appeal to us Sandgropers?

Since you happened to catch a glimpse of the two devilishly handsome ones that came to visit and destroyed your courses (both in separate ways!!!) :-D

sms316
10th January 2013, 08:49 AM
Just spitballing at this stage, but I reckon that I might fly over on Wednesday evening this year and take the red-eye back on Sunday night. Going to fly with Virgin too, and spend the $30 to get into The Lounge and just load up for 2 hours before the flight.

This will leave Thursday for a casual round somewhere, unless something more appealling comes up.

idgolfguy
10th January 2013, 08:51 AM
Liquid breakfast on the way to golf may be the go!

Webster
10th January 2013, 09:03 AM
Shadesy, as yet the QLD Champs havent locked in their dates, but apparently October is still a possibility for them. What happens of the QLD champs are also in October? Will you be forced to move the WA dates to fit in with them? It would be disappoint if there was a clash of dates (no homo) which prevented Ozgolfers from attending both events, or having to choose one over the other.

Jack.

Shadesy
10th January 2013, 09:17 AM
Shadesy, as yet the QLD Champs havent locked in their dates, but apparently October is still a possibility for them. What happens of the QLD champs are also in October? Will you be forced to move the WA dates to fit in with them? It would be disappoint if there was a clash of dates (no homo) which prevented Ozgolfers from attending both events, or having to choose one over the other.

Jack.

Jack

It has been disappointing to read that the attitude seems to be "we'll book ours, and you book yours" which I thought was against the spirit of the Champs concept. As you know several WAnkers have decided to make the trip across to QLD but it is not being made easy for them. As you and several others know, the community should be inclusive of all concerned and we welcome all participants to the WA champs as I hope we would be welcome to others.

I however am bigger than that attitude and feel as though the 3 champs have a place in the calandar. As you know, the great Don (Adlo) started the WA champs in May with the bigger picture in mind. Visionary some may say.

I feel as though it is my duty to keep this spirit alive. This is leaving me with some tough decisions that I would like to share with the group.

1. Leave champs as is, hope QLD is in August.
2. I am considering pushing forward he Champs to this May. I am confident I can get some things in place. What is everyone's thoughts? Can the easties make it, can the WAnkers?
3. forego this years champs and book it for may 2014, therefore getting it on the OZgolf rotation again. By this time QLD may have a date and venue for the 2013 champs sorted.

I will add a poll when I can.

Monsta
10th January 2013, 09:19 AM
Shadesy,

I am trying to attend as many Ozgolf champs this year that I can, have these dates been finalised?
I know that there is a "discussion" (sometimes heated) about the QLD Champs clashing with the WA ones. Any idea when it will be set in stone?????

Ashes
10th January 2013, 09:24 AM
JackIt has been disappointing to read that the attitude seems to be "we'll book ours, and you book yours" which I thought was against the spirit of the Champs concept. As you know several WAnkers have decided to make the trip across to QLD but it is not being made easy for them. As you and several others know, the community should be inclusive of all concerned and we welcome all participants to the WA champs as I hope we would be welcome to others.I however am bigger than that attitude and feel as though the 3 champs have a place in the calandar. As you know, the great Don (Adlo) started the WA champs in May with the bigger picture in mind. Visionary some may say. I feel as though it is my duty to keep this spirit alive. This is leaving me with some tough decisions that I would like to share with the group.1. Leave champs as is, hope QLD is in August.2. I am considering pushing forward he Champs to this May. I am confident I can get some things in place. What is everyone's thoughts? Can the easties make it, can the WAnkers?3. forego this years champs and book it for may 2014, therefore getting it on the OZgolf rotation again. By this time QLD may have a date and venue for the 2013 champs sorted.I will add a poll when I can.

Shadesy,

3 is crap, there should be a GSM this year irrespective of clashes.

October is a great month for golf in WA with the weather (before all golf ceases over the hot summer months). Doesn't worry me too much if it moves around though.

Ashes

PS - In my view whatever happens this year happens, but there should be a rational discussion at some point about locking in certain months for each Champs from 2014 that is based on ideal weather, course access, conflict with major golfing events (Pennants etc) and is not pandering to individual availability for other reasons.

Shadesy
10th January 2013, 09:26 AM
Shadesy,

I am trying to attend as many Ozgolf champs this year that I can, have these dates been finalised?
I know that there is a "discussion" (sometimes heated) about the QLD Champs clashing with the WA ones. Any idea when it will be set in stone?????

The dates were set for WA (see OP) but In tw interests of OZgolf, have had to make these dates fluid to wait for the QLD champs.

Watch this space, as I will have to wait for QLD.

If they were in May could you make it Monsta?

sms316
10th January 2013, 09:27 AM
Shadesy, if you are looking at May you should do so from 2014. Better to have two events close to each other than go for 18 months without.

Webster
10th January 2013, 09:28 AM
Shadesy, I don't see that you have any obligation to change anything at this point. The QLD champs dates were changed last year from Oct/Nov to September/fathers day, and with WA on the same dates this year as last, you've done exeactly what was expected (well done).

If only we knew when the QLD Champs were going to be on so that the interstaters could start making travel arrangments/booking flights etc.

idgolfguy
10th January 2013, 10:10 AM
Inline with the sentiments here, what happens next year when QLD decide to change again? Based on history, they seem to have a 3-month revolving window to chose their date.
We have kept ours within a 4 week window.

I would like to make as many Champs this year as a courtesy to the gentlemen that attended ours. However, WA will take precedence for me.

Stick to your guns. mate!

bergsey
10th January 2013, 10:19 AM
Someone has to put a stake in the ground otherwise it becomes a lot of what-if's?

Stick to what you have shades and let the cards fall where they may

popper81
10th January 2013, 10:22 AM
I didn't attend last year, but from all reports it was a blast.... Any dates in October apart from these are not going to really suit me ( if we make ours then), and if it is the same dates, i have already committed to these, so WA champs it is ( as it is right now). I think for this years WA champs, go with your initial plan (to be fair, the QLD champs may miss out of some WA talent, but that is how things work), I think May could be a good idea for 2014 (If you want to try and get particpation from all states), but you also have mothers day to deal with, and reading what others have said the weather is much better in October???.

In the end, I think it is important that each state look after their own members firstly (QLD will, may as well follow our lead). The people that really want to make the trip will, the others won't.... the dates will really not change that much. What happens if NSW want to do something next...??? everyone has to change again.

Shadesy
10th January 2013, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the thoughts guys.

I think SMS said it best and this year will be as is. Regardless of QLD I have given everyone plenty of Notice and I am not being penalised for being organised.

There are some concerns over Flight prices for the N QLD boys, but hopefully they can make it as they have expressed interest again.

Please Note: The 2013 Champs WILL BE in OCTOBER with the 2014 Champs being Moved to MAY. Plenty of Notice will be given throughout this process.

Monsta
10th January 2013, 10:32 AM
The dates were set for WA (see OP) but In tw interests of OZgolf, have had to make these dates fluid to wait for the QLD champs.

Watch this space, as I will have to wait for QLD.

If they were in May could you make it Monsta?

Not sure Shades, but anything is possible when it comes to golf.......

idgolfguy
10th January 2013, 10:35 AM

I think SMS said it best and this year will be as is. Regardless of QLD I have given everyone plenty of Notice and I am not being penalised for being organised.

There are some concerns over Flight prices for the N QLD boys, but hopefully they can make it as they have expressed interest again.

Please Note: The 2013 Champs WILL BE in OCTOBER with the 2014 Champs being Moved to MAY. Plenty of Notice will be given throughout this process.
Well Done!

BTW
Regardless of who wins it this year, I'd be grateful to kick in some beverages for Shadesy to continue organising it next year.

sms316
10th January 2013, 10:40 AM

You could have saved time by just posting in the "Ask SMS" thread. Some real pearls of wisom in there.

:roll:

Monsta
10th January 2013, 10:44 AM

Put me down as attending Shadesy, looking forward to meeting all you WAnkers

Dotty
10th January 2013, 11:02 AM
You could have saved time by just posting in the "Ask SMS" thread. Some real pearls of wisom in there.

:roll:
I think 'pellets of wisdom' is more appropriate.

LeftyHoges
10th January 2013, 11:08 AM
For what it's worth, the VIC champs will always be in Feb while I'm organising it (so this year only :lol:)

Courty
10th January 2013, 01:15 PM
There are some concerns over Flight prices for the N QLD boys, but hopefully they can make it as they have expressed interest again. Please Note: The 2013 Champs WILL BE in OCTOBER with the 2014 Champs being Moved to MAY. Plenty of Notice will be given throughout this process. Good stuff, Shadesy. Flight prices are the penalty we pay for living in Paradise. :) I'll find it difficult to commit to more than 2 champs per year and this I'm doing VIC & QLD. However you can rest assured ill be doing my best to get to WAnkerland next May.

simmsy
10th January 2013, 11:48 PM
Man could you imagine GSM with Lefty and Courts strutting it down the fwys!

Gives Lubin chills.

LeftyHoges
10th January 2013, 11:58 PM
Man could you imagine GSM with Lefty and Courts strutting it down the fwys!

Gives Lubin chills.

To be fair if it was anything like my Saturday performance this year it would be damn hard for him to spot my outfits in the trees / bunkers / hazards / OOB. :lol:

Marto65
11th January 2013, 09:16 AM
To be fair if it was anything like my Saturday performance this year it would be damn hard for him to spot my outfits in the trees / bunkers / hazards / OOB. :lol:

Yeah, but you looked good. ;)

sms316
11th January 2013, 09:22 AM
To find you, all that was required was a basic sense of hearing. I was impressed that someone could go ape shit like you did for 4 hours plus.

popper81
11th January 2013, 09:25 AM
To find you, all that was required was a basic sense of hearing. I was impressed that someone could go ape shit like you did for 4 hours plus.

Imagine what it was like having Lefty & Marto in the same cart.... Lucky Shazza was around to protect me ;)

sms316
11th January 2013, 09:27 AM
Imagine what it was like having Lefty & Marto in the same cart.... Lucky Shazza was around to protect me ;)
He's certainly a firey red. Perhaps he should dress in a more soothing colour, like beige?

popper81
11th January 2013, 09:33 AM
He's certainly a firey red. Perhaps he should dress in a more soothing colour, like beige?

They both played ok that day, we were lucky..... I would be cranky if I was a ginger.

LeftyHoges
11th January 2013, 10:49 AM

See now I know you're talking shit. Words failed me after about 5 holes.

LeftyHoges
11th January 2013, 10:50 AM

Then I would have 2 things to complain about!

LeftyHoges
11th January 2013, 10:59 AM

God, you snap 2 wedges and all of a sudden you get a reputation.

What the hell? :lol:

simmsy
11th January 2013, 12:06 PM
yoss only ****ed one boy!

Yossarian
11th January 2013, 12:08 PM
I only said I did.

Yossarian
15th January 2013, 02:23 PM
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7756/photo1ekf.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/photo1ekf.jpg/)

A melding of two favourites.

IamViva
11th February 2013, 06:57 PM
so i am interested in attending, have the dates been confirmed yet?

sms316
12th February 2013, 06:34 AM
I think the dates are confirmed. There are few better feelings in OZgolf than towelling up the Westies in Nullabor Cup. Hopefully they are at least competitive this year.

popper81
12th February 2013, 08:38 AM
If this dates are confirmed, I am pretty much locked in.

Shadesy
12th February 2013, 09:20 AM
Dates are confirmed, be great to see you viva and popper.

Just waiting for courses to be confirmed.

Monsta
12th February 2013, 09:23 AM
You can put me in (pencil only at this stage Shadesy) need to confirm a few things..

PeteyD
12th February 2013, 09:33 AM
I won't know until July/August if I have the weekend spare. Keen to get there though.

hocko
12th February 2013, 09:42 AM
I think the dates are confirmed. There are few better feelings in OZgolf than towelling up the Westies in Nullabor Cup. Hopefully they are at least competitive this year.

Bring it on fool!

Iain
12th February 2013, 09:50 AM
Hmm, will have to wait and see. Would love to come to this though.

Marto65
12th February 2013, 09:54 AM
Bring it on fool!

I hear you are putting your hand up to captain the WA team this year?

sms316
12th February 2013, 09:55 AM
He couldn't do any worse than the last captain.

hocko
12th February 2013, 09:56 AM
Can't be any worse than last year ;)
Beaten by six seconds.

Jackson
12th February 2013, 09:58 AM
Pencil me in, I will hopefully have an official handicap by then and not embarrass myself too much!

popper81
12th February 2013, 10:04 AM
Hocko,

Is location somewhat confirmed??? Ie Mandurah as a base?

hocko
12th February 2013, 10:09 AM
Yes Poops, booked in already.

simmsy
12th February 2013, 10:53 AM
Looking fwd to this already. Will enjoy wiping sms's smug little smile off his face as the West seek revenge.

simmsy
12th February 2013, 10:53 AM
Rumour is that there could be a WA touring party heading east in 2014.

Marto65
12th February 2013, 11:02 AM
Simmsy = new captain?

hocko
12th February 2013, 11:04 AM
I hear you are putting your hand up to captain the WA team this year?

Simmsy = new captain?
Out voted already?

Marto65
12th February 2013, 11:12 AM
Yep ... it's not up to me though ... but one of you guys should be the new captain ... or Shadesy ... or Tourfit ... or Rubin .... or Bergsey .... or Nut (nah ... not Nut)... or IDGG ... or Nuffie.

Yeah ... thats it ... GO NUFFIE !! ... Yoss for VC.

Pieface
12th February 2013, 11:17 AM
Yoss' approved title is "Weedy Little Friend"

hocko
12th February 2013, 11:19 AM
Yep ... it's not up to me though ... but one of you guys should be the new captain ... or Shadesy ... or Tourfit ... or Rubin .... or Bergsey .... or Nut (nah ... not Nut)... or IDGG ... or Nuffie.

Yeah ... thats it ... GO NUFFIE !! ... Yoss for VC.
I vote hocko for captain

Monsta
12th February 2013, 11:43 AM
I vote hocko for captain

Get all your family and friends to join OZgolf when the voting is on and you will be set Hocko, just ask George W

sms316
12th February 2013, 11:50 AM
#votefordickinasocko

hocko
12th February 2013, 11:53 AM
#votefordickinasocko
:)

Johnny Canuck
12th February 2013, 12:17 PM
#cantpolishaturd
#goodlucksocko

rubin
12th February 2013, 12:25 PM
surely we cant continue with the peoples chump as captain. After his dismal leadership performance last year, a change is required.

#chokingforcaptain

Johnny Canuck
12th February 2013, 12:36 PM
#jimhensonknowsmuppetsbetterthani

sms316
12th February 2013, 12:37 PM
#needtenshadesys

TourFit
12th February 2013, 12:43 PM
No thanks. It'd be like being in a ghey bar with all that ass hanging out

Johnny Canuck
12th February 2013, 12:43 PM
#orateamof10dc68sfromtheeast

TourFit
12th February 2013, 12:48 PM
#beginnersluck

Jackson
12th February 2013, 01:25 PM
#noideawhatsgoingon

#justtryingtofitin

Marto65
12th February 2013, 02:55 PM
Jackson, it seems you are quite new here ... so to help you, I will provide some background information, so you dont have to trudge through the meaningless 48000 pages of WA dribble.

You see, last year, around November, a band of 8 intrepid Easties Golfers took to the skies and found themselves landing on the western side of Australia to participate in what is now known as Nullarbor Cup I or The Pantsing.

The Captain of the WA side was Johnny Canuck. The Canuck was fooled into a scratch match against our best player. While he had a sniff of victory daringly snatched away from him, his fellow muppets, sorry, players all struggled against the East representatives, with the exception of Shadesy, who was "well handicapped".

The WA mistakes were many. The pairings looked good on paper, but a couple didnt gel. There was a playoff for the last spot in their team, which the loser didnt win a hole. It wasnt the hard preparation the WA guys were looking for.

They got smashed. 8.5 - 3.5 from memory. The East had done the, well ... the inevitable really. From the team announcements to the team uniforms, they were beaten in every facet of the game.

Then the blame game started. Midnight meetings to discuss their foibles. Wild accusations coupled with bare scrotums on foreheads. Arguments over salad eating. There must have been some plates thrown as one bloke was eating off the floor. The list goes on.

The buck always stops with the Captain though. And here lies the problem.

Nullarbor II is only 9 months away. Preparations started a couple of weekends ago at Araluen. But they still havent elected a new captain. There are many options, including going back to the original captain.

The main contenders are ....

Johnny Canuck - current (read former) captain.
Hocko
Simmsy
Tourfit

Maybe they will go with a completely different team this year ... who knows.

Well ... anyone in the WA state really ... it doesnt matter. They will probably get flogged again.

rubin
12th February 2013, 03:17 PM
Jackson, it seems you are quite new here ... so to help you, I will provide some background information, so you dont have to trudge through the meaningless 48000 pages of WA dribble.

You see, last year, around November, a band of 8 intrepid Easties Golfers took to the skies and found themselves landing on the western side of Australia to participate in what is now known as Nullarbor Cup I or The Pantsing.

The Captain of the WA side was Johnny Canuck. The Canuck was fooled into a scratch match against our best player. While he had a sniff of victory daringly snatched away from him, his fellow muppets, sorry, players all struggled against the East representatives, with the exception of Shadesy, who was "well handicapped".

The WA mistakes were many. The pairings looked good on paper, but a couple didnt gel. There was a playoff for the last spot in their team, which the loser didnt win a hole. It wasnt the hard preparation the WA guys were looking for.

They got smashed. 8.5 - 3.5 from memory. The East had done the, well ... the inevitable really. From the team announcements to the team uniforms, they were beaten in every facet of the game.

Then the blame game started. Midnight meetings to discuss their foibles. Wild accusations coupled with bare scrotums on foreheads. Arguments over salad eating. There must have been some plates thrown as one bloke was eating off the floor. The list goes on.

The buck always stops with the Captain though. And here lies the problem.

Nullarbor II is only 9 months away. Preparations started a couple of weekends ago at Araluen. But they still havent elected a new captain. There are many options, including going back to the original captain.

Hocko
Simmsy
Tourfit

Maybe they will go with a completely different team this year ... who knows.

Well ... anyone in the WA state really ... it doesnt matter. They will probably get flogged again.

To be fair to the aged and greying member of Team YEast, there were a number of notable absences on, what in hindsight seems to have been, the Inevtiable Friday.

Both Ashes and Myself were missing from this lineup - our handicaps alone (and our golfing handicaps) would have put us in good stead and at least brought the matches closer together. Rumour has it that Tourfit was rather quiet on the day, Golfnut didn't lowball anything, IDG had completely forgotten to use the patented pigmy punch, simmsy didn't need 3 dozen pills to play, and hocko didn't helicopter a single club.

That in itself means our team was down and always going to struggle.

However, as you may have read, a move has been made to have a a somewhat more 'local' Captain, and once all the golliwogs, aliens, and queers have been removed, there only seems to be 2 logical choices.

I, therefor, submit a nomination each for Hocko and Simmsy.

Jackson
12th February 2013, 03:23 PM
Interesting reading, especially the sacks being placed on heads.
If I end up making it to this years champs I may find alternate arrangements for accommodation...

LeftyHoges
12th February 2013, 03:28 PM
...and hocko didn't helicopter a single club.

Your intel is wrong. :lol:

sms316
12th February 2013, 03:33 PM
Interesting reading, especially the sacks being placed on heads.
If I end up making it to this years champs I may find alternate arrangements for accommodation...
Rule #1 - Do not room with WAnkers.

LeftyHoges
12th February 2013, 03:43 PM

Rule #2 - Do not shower after SMS...

PeteyD
12th February 2013, 03:54 PM
Isn't Jackson a new WAnker?

Jackson
12th February 2013, 04:01 PM

Been a wanker most of my life, but yes new to the WAnkers.

sms316
12th February 2013, 04:01 PM
Oh. In that case Rule #1 - do not room with Shadesy.

IamViva
12th February 2013, 04:12 PM

i promise id be quie... oh i see what you did there!

Marto65
12th February 2013, 04:23 PM
Rule #3. Win your match and be the sack, not the forehead.

Shadesy
12th February 2013, 05:11 PM
#Rule 4 Don't go to sleep early

Marto Your post before was amazingly Good, smiled just reading it. Your take on the going's on brought back a lot of good Memories.

I think Hocko SHOULD be captain, much in the same way as the Ryder Cup Captains? ;-)

Dotty
12th February 2013, 05:34 PM
I think Hocko SHOULD be captain, much in the same way as the Ryder Cup Captains? ;-)
If Ryder Cup is the benchmark, then you need a non-playing captain ...

Adlo !!!

TourFit
12th February 2013, 06:03 PM

Hocko
Simmsy
Tourfit

PASS.

Thank you. That is all.

TourFit
12th February 2013, 06:13 PM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/health/2013/02/11/12/43/us-couple-becomes-addicted-to-coffee-enemas

Adlo as Captain? Hopefully we'll have someone who actually remembers how to play golf!

Having said that, I wonder if he'll introduce these? Gives a WHOLE new meaning of the name, Lowdown. The coffee would be shitty though...at least afterwards.

Shadesy
12th February 2013, 06:19 PM
If Ryder Cup is the benchmark, then you need a non-playing captain ...

Adlo !!!

Or Megawatty.

But thats exactly why I chose Hocko ;-)

Only kidding Hock's, I wouldn't vote for Simmsy, it would be like voting Jarro for Captain.

simmsy
12th February 2013, 06:28 PM
Ouch.

Prick.

Shadesy
13th February 2013, 05:46 PM

Definitely in.

Is this Still an Option Canuck.

Contact has been made with Secrets, they will be my toughest get I think.

Ashes
13th February 2013, 05:54 PM
Might be possible to get in on the Sat PGN comp at Secrets. Would be stroke tho.

TourFit
13th February 2013, 05:56 PM
You would be at the back of the groupings then...shooting 135 and finishing in the dark.

Nuffie can be in your group too.

Ashes
13th February 2013, 05:58 PM
Secrets was just one course I won on last year.. Araluen was a blip, I wouldn't be too concerned!

Johnny Canuck
13th February 2013, 06:03 PM
I will be talking to one of the guys in the next week or two.

TourFit
13th February 2013, 06:06 PM
Is it Mitch or Mark Batten you're good mates with?

Johnny Canuck
13th February 2013, 06:10 PM
One and neither.

Jeffo1123
13th February 2013, 07:36 PM
Mmmmm secrets... Destroyed me on Sunday!

Veefore
13th February 2013, 10:15 PM
Secrets was just one course I won on last year.. Araluen was a blip, I wouldn't be too concerned!

I have those blips too. Last year it was Busselton, KB, Kwinana, Gosnells, Rockingham and about 12 at Hartfield. Other than that I played quite mediocre last year. :)

simmsy
14th February 2013, 12:04 AM
SH hey?
Think I'm busy that weekend.

Shadesy
14th February 2013, 03:42 PM
Talk About Kicking Goals - The CHAMPS Venues.

Saturday - 9 Groups booked from 8AM (meaning we will finish before dark) at Secret Harbour Golf Links. 18 Holes, Cart and Lunch for $78.50. PGN have a Comp on that day, so those in the PGN can you see what is needed for those who want to play into the comp?

Sunday - 7 groups at this stage - Mandurah Country Club, 8.30AM Tee Off. $39 for 18 Holes, $39 Per Cart. They have a special $99 for two players and a Cart. I don't know how long that special is on for.
I am just double checking their Coring Schedule.

Sorry about the early tee offs, but on the Saturday we can get away and finish a bit earlier and perhaps look for a Saturday Arvo hit for those Keen. (KB is an option) and Sunday we can get out of there at a reasonable hour.

Those who wish to start making plans for the WA Champs may do so.

Still waiting on Meadow Springs for the Nullabor Cup, but Bunbury is there as a back up.

Ashes
14th February 2013, 03:47 PM
Shades, I'm happy to make some enquiries with the PGN and see if we can get everyone into their comp if they want to play it as a formal comp under GL.

Shadesy
14th February 2013, 03:49 PM
Please mate, I like the idea of playing it as a comp round.

Ashes
14th February 2013, 03:52 PM
And it's a stroke comp, so we can make the GSM Cup stroke play like it should be!

TourFit
14th February 2013, 03:59 PM
If Meadow Springs isn't available, is Marri Park an option for Nullabor Cup II...if we aren't gonna beat them playing golf, let's bore the f***kers to tears!

Shadesy
14th February 2013, 04:20 PM
And it's a stroke comp, so we can make the GSM Cup stroke play like it should be!

Discussion always comes up, Stroke it will not be.

We can still convert to SB scores very easily.

Mandurah are Coring 23rd of September, so greens should be fine by the time we play, if not overly quick.

Cosmopolite
14th February 2013, 04:32 PM
If Meadow Springs isn't available, is Marri Park an option for Nullabor Cup II...if we aren't gonna beat them playing golf, let's bore the f***kers to tears!
I think i would rather poke my eye with a needle than play marri park

TourFit
14th February 2013, 04:53 PM
I meant for the other side to do that Cosmo!

Cosmopolite
14th February 2013, 04:58 PM
I meant for the other side to do that Cosmo!
Thank goodness for that!

Golfnut
14th February 2013, 05:35 PM
Listen to you two snobs, where else can you have golf, beer, TAB and exposed female anotomy all in the same place??? Marri park rocks!

Ashes
14th February 2013, 05:42 PM
Listen to you two snobs, where else can you have golf, beer, TAB and exposed female anotomy all in the same place??? Marri park rocks!

I'm sure the quality on display would be commensurate with the $$ you're prepared to outlay..

Shadesy
14th February 2013, 06:02 PM

Friday arvo skins?

Cosmopolite
14th February 2013, 06:19 PM
Cos there is no beefcake

sms316
14th February 2013, 06:28 PM
dc68 can help you out with that Cosmo.

TourFit
14th February 2013, 07:26 PM
dc68 is DEFINATELY favourite for this...

Jeffo1123
14th February 2013, 08:13 PM
Agreed with nut... Golf, beer, TAB and skimpies... All for a good price - cant go wrong. I remember getting an after midday special 18 months ago - $29 got you 18 holes and a cart and then after a middy of beer, beef and gravy roll and a $3 mystery bet - and if you went on a Tuesday or Thursday the skimpies were on!

Golfnut
14th February 2013, 09:42 PM
That's the one Jeffo....learn anything out there young man?

Jeffo1123
14th February 2013, 09:44 PM
"don't pick up any girls from marri park" - or if you do, make sure you have had plenty of beers to ensure the beer goggles are securely on!

TourFit
14th February 2013, 10:28 PM
Why do you want to combine this with golf?

If you want beer & skimpys, then go to beer & decent skimpys! If you want golf, go to a decent track!

Shadesy
14th February 2013, 10:59 PM

If you want beer & skimpys, then go to beer & decent skimpys! If you want golf, go to a decent track!

Sometimes some of your jokes hit the mark Fit.

Jeffo1123
14th February 2013, 11:47 PM
So really we need a good track with beer and good skimpies..... I'm stumped then!

Golfnut
15th February 2013, 12:06 AM
We can only dream.

TourFit
15th February 2013, 12:29 PM
KB...Shadesy will be skimpy at some point, you just know it :-s

Ashes
15th February 2013, 12:51 PM
KB...Shadesy will be skimpy at some point, you just know it :-s

We can only dream :)

simmsy
15th February 2013, 01:49 PM

After your performance at Araluen you should not be making statements like that.

If we do a stroke rd, we should have a ruling that if u can't break 100 u have to wear a skirt the next day and put $100 into the charity hat.

Ashes
15th February 2013, 01:52 PM
Kick a man while he's down why don't ya Simmsy...

rubin
15th February 2013, 02:32 PM

We can only dream.

if everyone is willing to put some $$$ in for it, I can organise for 'Cart Girls'. basically they follow your group around the course wearing, well, not very much at all and serve drinks etc. during the round. may be a bit exxy though, but IMO - worth it. There were some fantastic racks on display when we organised it for a mates bucks a few weeks ago.

Jackson
15th February 2013, 02:40 PM
if everyone is willing to put some $$$ in for it, I can organise for 'Cart Girls'. basically they follow your group around the course wearing, well, not very much at all and serve drinks etc. during the round. may be a bit exxy though, but IMO - worth it. There were some fantastic racks on display when we organised it for a mates bucks a few weeks ago.

A lot of courses won't allow it.
We tried to organise it for a mates bucks do and were told by most courses they weren't allowed, and the ones that ok'd it said weekdays only.

Golf is hard enough without more distractions anyway!

rubin
15th February 2013, 02:52 PM
A lot of courses won't allow it.
We tried to organise it for a mates bucks do and were told by most courses they weren't allowed, and the ones that ok'd it said weekdays only.

Golf is hard enough without more distractions anyway!

they aren't topless - well not at the clubhouse anyway ;)

I've helped organise it a few times without much hassle. but it is quite exxy,

idgolfguy
15th February 2013, 03:17 PM
Doesn't add value to the golf weekend.

Pieface
15th February 2013, 03:23 PM

Spoken like Captain material!

rubin
15th February 2013, 03:24 PM

surely u jest.

what is better than a weekend of boobs, booze and golf?

hocko
15th February 2013, 03:38 PM
surely u jest.

Not getting a divorce!

Shadesy
15th February 2013, 03:46 PM
Thoughts on Mandurah Coring 4 weeks before the Champs?

The Other Combination is

Bunno/Binny
Secret Harbour
Meadow Springs?

TourFit
15th February 2013, 04:05 PM
The Cu*t for Friday golf (and Nullabor Cup II)...and switch Meadow Springs to Sunday for Rnd 2 of Champs?

Or leave as is and swap Kennedy Bay for Rnd 2 on Sunday. Best course in the state to wind up Champs on seems fitting. (But let's try from BLUE tees this time...maybe Black on the Par 5's)

TourFit
15th February 2013, 04:09 PM
As far as the boobs go...I concur with idgg and hocko!

Please be reminded I am a fan of boobs, but the money will be better spent on either a) a charitable donation...or b) a REAL late night private show. Oh wait, Cosmo will be there...SCRAP THAT IDEA

Shadesy
15th February 2013, 04:29 PM
KB is not on the roster (apart from Saturday arvo) this year.

hocko
15th February 2013, 04:36 PM
And you can stick The Cut!

rubin
15th February 2013, 04:41 PM
Pinjarra?
Harvey?

Coring 4 weeks prior means the greens will be borderline - and half of that is luck.

Ashes
15th February 2013, 05:07 PM
And you can stick The Cut!

Araluen? :)

4 weeks does sound a bit tight. Not sure how reliable there schedules are, but I imagine there could be a chance of it getting delayed by a week or two and being really ordinary.

I thought Shades' suggested alternative sounded like a good one.

Would Capel or Sanctuary be an alternative to Bunbury if there was a desire to not repeat courses from last year? I haven't played any of em so just throwing ideas out there.

Shadesy
15th February 2013, 05:10 PM
Araluen? :)

4 weeks does sound a bit tight. Not sure how reliable there schedules are, but I imagine there could be a chance of it getting delayed by a week or two and being really ordinary.

I thought Shades' suggested alternative sounded like a good one.

Would Capel or Sanctuary be an alternative to Bunbury if there was a desire to not repeat courses from last year? I haven't played any of em so just throwing ideas out there.

Only one course to play IMO if we were going that way.

Pinjarra is my other preferred option.

Shadesy
15th February 2013, 05:33 PM
I understand there are some options around so before any more suggestions answer this

"Why would ...insert course here.... Be better than Bunbury/Binningup."

rubin
15th February 2013, 05:55 PM
I understand there are some options around so before any more suggestions answer this

"Why would ...insert course here.... Be better than Bunbury/Binningup."

not so much better - but different.

Pinjarra is close enough to Binny so that we can get there afterwards for skins

Ashes
15th February 2013, 06:06 PM
I reckon it makes more sense to drop into Binni on the way back from Bunbury rather than drive 45min south from Pinjarra after the morning round.

sms316
15th February 2013, 06:07 PM
I reckon it won't matter where the Nullabor Cup is played. You WAnkers will still get flogged.

Shadesy
15th February 2013, 06:12 PM
Ashes agreed.

I do like pinjarra as an option, Although bunno is a better course.

TourFit
15th February 2013, 09:38 PM
If KB isn't on the roster...and The Cut is also not an option (we should at least consider it), then I think that Bunno/Binni on the Friday is the best option. That would mean switching Meadow Springs to Sunday.

Pinjarra raises the question of a) would we wanna play the Nullabor Cup there on Friday...or b) play it on Sunday as Round 2 of Champs. And how does it compare to the other option.

Veefore
15th February 2013, 09:42 PM
Mandurah's greens will probably be fair at best 4 weeks after coring. That's only if they get really favourable weather too.

I've played plenty at Pinjarra. It's a nice country course that usually has good greens but there are better options (IMO). I would prefer Bunbury (especially since I've never played it), Secret Harbour or Meadow Springs.

idgolfguy
15th February 2013, 09:44 PM
surely u jest.

I don't need boobs. I have my own and can use my wife's whenever I want.

Booze and golf is adequate. Being served by pair that I can't have nor wish to is pointless.

Johnny Canuck
15th February 2013, 10:03 PM
Pinjarra is not champs material.

bergsey
15th February 2013, 10:15 PM
Not pinjarra.

The other option is a metro based game on the Friday then south for sat-sun.

I also dont think that The Cut should be so quickly dismissed for a Friday round. Especially if there is a strong eastie contingent coming over i'm sure they would want to play it.

idgolfguy
15th February 2013, 10:17 PM
+1
Not just a pretty face!

simmsy
15th February 2013, 10:17 PM
Pinjarra is fun for a hit but not up to what we want from champs.

I reckon make the drive to Bunbury (no one can argue the quality of course) play binni on the way back to mand.
SH sat
MS sun

Two good courses that are usually in pretty good condition and close to each other.

Pinjarra would be good fun on the satdy arvo for those that want another hit.

simmsy
15th February 2013, 10:19 PM
Cost is also a factor on the cut I reckon. $100 for that course is a stretch, if rumours are true about it struggling financially what sort of condition will it be in?