PDA

View Full Version : Lajosi Custom Milled Putters

Dasher
31st October 2012, 10:00 AM

As requested some shots of my Lajosi putter plus a few of other types as well.
You tell Kori what you want or need and he will mill it & customise it to your preference.
With insert,shallow milled face,deep milled face & any finish you want.
Go to the web site for a more comprehensive look at what is available.

Web site, http://lajosiputters.com.au/

Dangals
31st October 2012, 10:19 AM
nice collection! I only have the one at the moment but I am sure I will add more as I go

mrbluu
31st October 2012, 10:34 AM
very nice putters......the putter ho in my is getting very itchy!!!

Daves
31st October 2012, 11:13 AM
Main Lajosi thread is here;

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/13256-A-brilliant-Aussie-custom-putter-maker?highlight=putter

razaar
31st October 2012, 11:16 AM
Here are a few of my Lajoi's. The Bettinardi BB6 on the right was the one that started it all. Years ago I posted in an American putter forum seeking advice how to get a couple of putters made from two copper trophy ingots I had been carrying around for 20+ years. I received a reply from Oldmannoodles about a chap who was making the occasional putter and selling them on the Bay. Old.. (Ben) gave me Kari's phone details and we had a chat. He seemed such a nice guy that I had no concerns about sending the ingots down to him. The models I chose for Kari to copy were the Bett BB6 and Kevin Burns 9932. Ben and another member filmed each stage of these putters being made and downloaded the photos to that American forum. He now had exposure thanks to Ben, and he ran with the ball.

I later bought the Bett BB6 to see how close Kari got from just a picture on the Web. It is amazingly close and he did both Coppers by hand without a CNC milling machine (which he purchased later).

I will have to post the pics in another post - have to run on an errand.

TourFit
31st October 2012, 01:45 PM
I'm thinking of getting one of these (slightly customised)...

KLP7JS

I would do the following things...

FINISH: Gold Nickel proto
INSERT: Damascus steel in deep milled face
HEAD: I would try to get the bottom flange a little wider, about the same width as the middle flange (so a wide sole version, then). I would also go for a floating face / sound slot as well. And would have a sightline. If possible I would also try for a short goose neck type hosel rather than the plumbers neck. Total head weight to be around 355-360g.
PAINT: Black filled markings, with the Lizard in the cavity (between the screws) and the LK/dots logo under the hosel on the face. I may perhaps have the model number and/or headweight on the toe (or alternatively on the sole).
GRIP: Black Lajosi/Gripmaster Kangaroo
SHAFT: Would see if Gold Nickel would be do-able...

Dangals
31st October 2012, 02:30 PM
I'm thinking of getting one of these (slightly customised)...
that would look very nice

Courty
31st October 2012, 03:18 PM
Resale will be crap if it doesn't have my name on it somewhere. :p

razaar
31st October 2012, 06:57 PM
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo283/bennie_065/lajosis.jpg As per above post

Veefore
31st October 2012, 08:30 PM
Nice...

If I didn't have the Palombi I reckon I'd be looking at one of those.

TourFit
31st October 2012, 10:43 PM
The only excuse for you letting it go should be if they're prying that Palumbi out of your cold dead fingers...

simmsy
31st October 2012, 10:54 PM
like you with a burger

Veefore
1st November 2012, 09:17 AM
The only excuse for you letting it go should be if they're prying that Palumbi out of your cold dead fingers...

Absolutely. Occasionally I'll have a round or two with one of my other putters, but I will always have that putter and it will be my number 1. Even long after I've given up golf, when the rest of the clubs are gone I'll still have that one.

Ferrins
1st September 2015, 09:53 AM
I might get him to make a copy of the limited release Jordan Speith putter and get Major Wanker on it instead.

Captain Nemo
1st September 2015, 10:38 AM
Bet you don't.