PDA

View Full Version : Moving Costs

Sydney Hacker
29th October 2012, 03:58 PM
I may have finally convinced the bride into moving back to Qld (too late to save my kids being tarnished with the NSW brush, but better late then never). Does anyone have any recentish experience in removalist costs?

Probably from Syd-Bris and a 4 bedroom house worth of stuff. Any ideas?

backintheswing
29th October 2012, 04:00 PM
$5k plus. I moved Brisbane to Mackay 3 years ago and it's a similar distance.

Broomstick
29th October 2012, 06:34 PM
Moved from Sunshine Coast to the Central Coast 6 years ago with Noosa Van Lines , similar amount of stuff , around two and a half grand. We packed all the small stuff in boxes they supplied and they just loaded the lot and delivered next day .

kingslayer33
29th October 2012, 07:17 PM
Would have guessed less than $5k. It cost me 5 to move a 4br home from Hobart to Brisbane 12 months ago and is the same the other way for the end of this year.

timah!
29th October 2012, 07:29 PM
Will try and hunt out our invoice from Allied Pickford when we moved back a few years ago.

Ned
29th October 2012, 07:44 PM
If you are lucky enough to get a company on back load it may be cheaper.

Going by an average 4 bedroom house, you would be looking at 30-40 sq metres in gear, some are funny about plants etc, also if you pack yourself it will be cheaper as a bulk load up, but you won't get insurance coverage from Removalists.

Most have quote pages on their websites and this will give an estimate.

And if its a private move (not part of a Govt/Biz SOA) you may be able to negotiate.

Basically ask for quote but don't be afraid to negotiate.

Sydney Hacker
29th October 2012, 08:29 PM
Thanks gents, talks are still in the tender stage of negotiations but looking promising...

sms316
30th October 2012, 10:55 AM
We did a lot of searching and the price variance was huge.

BroKar
30th October 2012, 02:11 PM
We paid 1200 down to Sydney 3 years ago and then 1300 back 3 months later when we remembered how shitty a place Sydney is to live