PDA

View Full Version : Will we see a "59" today?

razaar
27th October 2012, 02:53 PM
Tiger perhaps, 4 -under after 6.

LeftyHoges
27th October 2012, 02:57 PM
I thought you may have been referring to the WAnker champs?

razaar
27th October 2012, 03:15 PM
Van Pelt shot 29 going out. Tiger 5-under after 8.

TheTrueReview
27th October 2012, 03:24 PM
Van Pelt shot 29 going out. Tiger 5-under after 8.

Both putting on a show.

razaar
27th October 2012, 03:37 PM
vanPelt 8-under after 11. It is doable with no wind another par-5 and a drive able Par-4 to come.

razaar
27th October 2012, 03:50 PM
VanPelt 9-under after 12.

Daves
27th October 2012, 03:58 PM
They are playing lift and clean, so will it count?

Tiger sounds (walking on path) like he has gone back to metal spikes.

razaar
27th October 2012, 04:27 PM
VP 9-under after 15,59 unlikely now.
But wait, 10 under after 16 with a par-5 to come. Still doable.

3Puttpete
27th October 2012, 04:32 PM
It's not the same if par is not 72 is it?

TheNuclearOne
27th October 2012, 04:34 PM
Must be a bloody easy set up.

Jarro
27th October 2012, 04:36 PM
Must be a bloody easy set up.

Soft greens ..... target practice really.

razaar
27th October 2012, 04:58 PM
VP needs a 3 on 18 for a 59. Come on big Bo.

razaar
27th October 2012, 05:14 PM
Double bogey 6 on the last. Damn Mizuno 69's and Cleveland wedges eventually did him in. Now if had been playing Callys, he would be in the record books.;)

TheNuclearOne
27th October 2012, 05:27 PM
Didn't Woods snuff out fast.

razaar
27th October 2012, 05:34 PM
The spunkies left him to follow VanPelt. Can understand him losing focus, Crane has that effect on his playing partners. Bloody annoying to watch .

TheNuclearOne
27th October 2012, 05:45 PM
Maybe he's just not playing THAT well too.

KristianJ
28th October 2012, 04:53 PM
VP 9-under after 15,59 unlikely now.
But wait, 10 under after 16 with a par-5 to come. Still doable.

Nick Watney in the same situation today...

razaar
28th October 2012, 05:29 PM
He is, needs a three on the 72nd for a 59. Go Nick.

razaar
28th October 2012, 05:33 PM
Bogie. Oh well.

KristianJ
14th September 2013, 06:26 AM
Jim Furyk -11 for his round through 13 at the BMW Championship...

Steve57
14th September 2013, 07:09 AM
Back on track.
Needs to birdie one of his last two holes.

matty
14th September 2013, 07:21 AM
Did he get the 59?

Steve57
14th September 2013, 07:22 AM
Still playing 17.

Steve57
14th September 2013, 07:37 AM
Pars 17, needs to birdie the last for 59.

KristianJ
14th September 2013, 07:45 AM
Great chance to do it with that 2nd shot!

Steve57
14th September 2013, 07:46 AM
3 ' 3" for 59.

razaar
14th September 2013, 07:47 AM
Well done Jim Furyk. Sensational stuff.

Steve57
14th September 2013, 07:50 AM
It is in!
Well done Jimmy.

matty
14th September 2013, 08:04 AM
Par 72?

razaar
14th September 2013, 08:06 AM
71 matty

Jarro
14th September 2013, 08:08 AM
Could've been a 58 if he didn't muck up the par 5 17th.
Still a great round though...awesome effort !

Johnny Canuck
14th September 2013, 10:50 AM
71 matty 59*

matty
14th September 2013, 10:56 AM
Can't knock an amazing round. A great 59*.

Johnny Canuck
14th September 2013, 11:04 AM
Exactly. If he used a belly putter, 59**

mrbluu
14th September 2013, 11:37 AM
Can't knock an amazing round. A great 59*.

+1

idgolfguy
14th September 2013, 02:41 PM
You can never discount Furyk... unless its the final day.

Pirelli
14th September 2013, 03:33 PM
Impressive considering he 3 putted the 5th and didn't birdie the par 5 coming in!

Shane788
14th September 2013, 10:47 PM
Mcilroy +13.....

oncewasagolfer
15th September 2013, 07:34 AM
Bit of a ? on Tiger's integrity around the penalty yesterday still didn't think the ball changed position even though the video clearly shows it did. It 'oscillated' according to Tiger.

Rodent
15th September 2013, 08:29 AM
Integrity? What integrity? If he can cheat on his wife it certainly doesn't surprise me that he'd cheat his fellow competitors.

TheNuclearOne
15th September 2013, 11:38 AM
Bit of a ? on Tiger's integrity around the penalty yesterday still didn't think the ball changed position even though the video clearly shows it did. It 'oscillated' according to Tiger.

Woods has watched the footage again and again and now been penalised two strokes. He is still saying he did no wrong and argued this point with the officials. He is still saying he did no wrong. The infraction is ridiculolusly obvious and he's now been caught out a few times on the rules. As soon as the ball moved he pulled away from that twig quick smart.

If he still argues he did no wrong, how many other times has he done similar? His integrity need not be in question, it's already pretty well known.

Rodent
15th September 2013, 11:53 AM
I used to love Tiger but he's turned out to be such a disappointment.

TheNuclearOne
15th September 2013, 12:06 PM
I used to love Tiger but he's turned out to be such a disappointment.

Tiger Woods*

The long putters got nothing on him.

razaar
15th September 2013, 02:52 PM
John, your posts about Tiger are starting to read like Dave1's ululations. That's a cause for concern.

virge666
15th September 2013, 03:16 PM
John, your posts about Tiger are starting to read like Dave1's ululations. That's a cause for concern.

I agree that TNO is a one man TW hate machine - but in this case, I think he is right. Looking right at the ball, you would have seen it move. I still disagree with the whole "dob in a golfer" bullshit, especially for things like Petersen's 2012 PGA. But he is kidding himself if he thinks that oscillated.

Johnny Canuck
15th September 2013, 03:18 PM
I agree that TNO is a one man TW hate machine - but in this case, I think he is right. Looking right at the ball, you would have seen it move. I still disagree with the whole "dob in a golfer" bullshit, especially for things like Petersen's 2012 PGA. But he is kidding himself if he thinks that oscillated.

Everything TNO has said is spot on.

razaar
15th September 2013, 03:54 PM
I guess an oscillating ball doesn't move. Do you really think that Tiger would risk a two stroke penalty and the tag of Golf Cheat given the scrutiny that he is constantly under? Arm chair judges are just that - arm chair judges. I have no doubt that he thought the ball only oscillated. It took a slow motion vid to prove that the ball did move a fraction, even then he wasn't convinced that it did move.

It has gotten to the stage that it is not a level playing field with all the scrutiny that is directed Tiger's way. What was he supposed to do if he thought the ball oscillated? Call a rules official? Somebody with a camera caused him two shots, while another player would have got away for exactly the exact same thing. No wonder he is pissed, anybody would be.

TheNuclearOne
15th September 2013, 04:02 PM
Everything TNO has said is spot on.

Exactly.

TheNuclearOne
15th September 2013, 04:07 PM

No concern here Ray, if you think Tiger is above board on this one more power to you.

The fact of the matter is that you can easily tell if the ball oscillates or moves two dimples when looking straight down on it for the exact purpose of making sure it doesn't move. Give me a break.

It's the fourth time this year he's been under the spotlight and he's been caught out on two of them. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck Ray.

TheNuclearOne
15th September 2013, 04:14 PM

If i was a hate machine i'd be posting against him on a consistent basis Virge, but i don't think i'd post two days in a month about him.

You won't see me posting anything positive about him because over many years i've deduced he's an off course grub, and tbh on the course i think he's the most self important historonic sportsman i may have ever seen. I also believe he thinks he's above the game and it's rules at times. His golf, he's awesome. I am critical however of his choking (yep, i believe he wants them so bad he's choking as opposed to his former near unbeatable self when the going got tight in them) in the majors over the past handful of years.

If that's being a TW hate machine i am extremely happy to wear the mantle.

I'm also glad you can see thru the "oscillated" claim. Kudo's for that at least.

TheNuclearOne
15th September 2013, 04:22 PM
For those that haven't seen the footage but are interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueXaH1wfawA

razaar
15th September 2013, 04:30 PM
No concern here Ray, if you think Tiger is above board on this one more power to you.

The fact of the matter is that you can easily tell if the ball oscillates or moves two dimples when looking straight down on it for the exact purpose of making sure it doesn't move. Give me a break.

It's the fourth time this year he's been under the spotlight and he's been caught out on two of them. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck Ray. John, have you considered that He may have been concentrating on removing the twig and wasn't focused on the ball. I know that I would be focusing on the twig and not on a dimple on the ball. He said he thought the ball oscillated not moved its position. You either believe him or you don't. I believe him because the alternative doesn't make sense to me.

TheNuclearOne
15th September 2013, 04:37 PM
John, have you considered that He may have been concentrating on removing the twig and wasn't focused on the ball. I know that I would be focusing on the twig and not on a dimple on the ball. He said he thought the ball oscillated not moved its position. You either believe him or you don't. I believe him because the alternative doesn't make sense to me.

Oh for goodness sakes Ray. The ball was lodged and leaning against the stick. Why was he even moving the stick? A risk in itself. Your sole concern if you do decide to try to move it is that the ball doesn't move. You already know it's a very real possibility.

Why doesn't the alternative make sense? Is it taboo/impossible to think yeah, he saw the ball move a little and hoped to get away with it? Not like he was in the open. Not like he doesn't have a history here yeah?

I'm also mildy amused when people simply blame the heavier scrutiny he's under. Just because Woods does it doesn't neccessarily mean others are breaking rules/cheating.

oncewasagolfer
15th September 2013, 04:39 PM
John, have you considered that He may have been concentrating on removing the twig and wasn't focused on the ball. I know that I would be focusing on the twig and not on a dimple on the ball. He said he thought the ball oscillated not moved its position. You either believe him or you don't. I believe him because the alternative doesn't make sense to me.

I think its more that he saw the footage after the round but still thinks the ball oscillated and he has been hard done by.

razaar
15th September 2013, 04:45 PM
Somebody raised a great point on another form - the vid shows the incident from a different position at ground level. It doesn't show it from where Tiger saw it. Where there is doubt, it is a mistake to call somebody guilty.

Johnny Canuck
15th September 2013, 04:48 PM
Somebody raised a great point on another form - the vid shows the incident from a different position at ground level. It doesn't show it from where Tiger saw it. Where there is doubt, it is a mistake to call somebody guilty.

He has a history.

virge666
15th September 2013, 04:53 PM
I'm also glad you can see thru the "oscillated" claim. Kudo's for that at least.

Dont forget the Masters - he should have been DQ'ed for that.

:)

virge666
15th September 2013, 04:57 PM
John, have you considered that He may have been concentrating on removing the twig and wasn't focused on the ball. I know that I would be focusing on the twig and not on a dimple on the ball.

If you buy that - then i have a bridge I want to sell you.

I agree the scrutiny he is under is insane. But he just got caught red handed.

More likely - he was deep in the shit, moved a few things, the ball moved, it didnt move much. He thought he was well hidden from the cameras in the bush and just went along with it. A bit of self justification.

It was one of the post production guys that called it in when editing the video.

razaar
15th September 2013, 05:13 PM

:)More nonsense - the USGA and Tour rules officials are wrong? Is that what you mean?

virge666
15th September 2013, 05:20 PM
More nonsense - the USGA and Tour rules officials are wrong? Is that what you mean?

He realised that he and only he had done the wrong thing. albeit, the officials were all muppets.

He thought he could take the ball back, which he couldn't. It was his fault and only his fault. Everything that happened around it was just a circus and a distraction.

He did the wrong thing, hit the ball from the wrong place, gave himself an advantage and signed for an incorrect card. I am pretty sure anyone else would have been shown the door.

(actually, i am pretty sure others have !)

virge666
15th September 2013, 05:23 PM
The dumb bit was that he was only going to hit 6-7m with a wedge or 8 iron.

He didnt have to touch anything... just chop it out.

Just not that clever really . . . .

TheNuclearOne
15th September 2013, 05:29 PM

:)

Double kudo's Virge!!! The way you are going today i will consider you 100% impartial soon :D

razaar
15th September 2013, 05:30 PM
The top USGA rules officials are muppets? Because that is who agreed with the decision. I'm not sure that people understand what it would mean for Tiger to be proven a cheat at golf. It would mean that his record would be tarnished forever. No way he would risk that, it doesn't make any sense.

TheNuclearOne
15th September 2013, 05:34 PM
I'm not sure that people understand what it would mean for Tiger to be proven a cheat at golf. It would mean that his record would be tarnished forever.

That's the most sensible thing you've posted in here Ray. You are bang on.

razaar
15th September 2013, 05:40 PM
Everything I have posted is bang on the money. I'm not the one accusing Tiger of cheating and then passing an emotional verdict of guilty.

Johnny Canuck
15th September 2013, 05:46 PM
Everything I have posted is bang on the money. I'm not the one accusing Tiger of cheating and then passing an emotional verdict of guilty. The USGA already took care of that, Raz. No need to accuse.

virge666
15th September 2013, 05:52 PM
Double kudo's Virge!!! The way you are going today i will consider you 100% impartial soon :D

Not at all.

When it is Tiger vs the media hype and bullshit - I will back Tiger all day long.

This is just plain old cheating.

The top USGA rules officials are muppets? Because that is who agreed with the decision. I'm not sure that people understand what it would mean for Tiger to be proven a cheat at golf. It would mean that his record would be tarnished forever. No way he would risk that, it doesn't make any sense.

All i saw from the top USGA officials was covering of arses as no one else picked it up. Then the realisation that they could have some serious sponsor issues if TW got DQ'ed, especially when he was in contention.

That being said, we dont know if Tiger offered / asked to be DQ'ed at the Masters and they all fawned around him saying "No Mr Woods, that will not be required". We don't know how the conversation went or how it was worded. All we saw was a very smelly result.

TheNuclearOne
15th September 2013, 06:00 PM
This is just plain old cheating.

If i had a hat on rest assured i'd tip it :D

razaar
15th September 2013, 06:01 PM
Haha Virge...the USGA conspiring with sponsors (in this case The Members of Augusta National).

TheNuclearOne
15th September 2013, 06:08 PM
You're starting to look a bit like dave1 on this one Ray. I am a bit concern.

popper81
15th September 2013, 06:09 PM
Why is this so far fetched, Ray?

Your argument is that Tiger wouldn't cheat, as he has way too much to lose... It is shame his moral compass wasn't this solid when it came to his kids/wife/family.

razaar
15th September 2013, 06:10 PM
John, no need to be concerned, I'm not a troll.

TheNuclearOne
15th September 2013, 06:12 PM
John, no need to be concerned, I'm not a troll.

No, just everyone that disagree's is.

razaar
15th September 2013, 06:16 PM
Why is this so far fetched, Ray?

Your argument is that Tiger wouldn't cheat, as he has way too much to lose... It is shame his moral compass wasn't this solid when it came to his kids/wife/family.
Popper,
Banging ladies of he night is a favourite past time for lots of athletes who have to spend time away from their families. Doesn't mean they love their families any less. It can fill in the time and can also be very relaxing, so I'm told.:)

popper81
15th September 2013, 06:18 PM
Popper,
Banging ladies of he night is a favourite past time for lots of athletes who have to spend time away from their families. Doesn't mean they love their families any less. It can fill in the time and can also be very relaxing, so I'm told.:)

No doubt, great fun. Apparently it can be quite expensive... Especially when the MRS is not a fan.

mrbluu
15th September 2013, 06:18 PM
Unfortunately I have to agree that I was very dodgy from woods......

TheNuclearOne
15th September 2013, 06:37 PM
Popper,
Banging ladies of he night is a favourite past time for lots of athletes who have to spend time away from their families. Doesn't mean they love their families any less.

I'm not often speechless, but.........

Johnny Canuck
15th September 2013, 06:39 PM
Popper,Banging ladies of he night is a favourite past time for lots of athletes who have to spend time away from their families. Doesn't mean they love their families any less. It can fill in the time and can also be very relaxing, so I'm told.:)Wow. This is Dave1esque. If you feel the need to cheat on your wife hundreds of times, I reckon the love probably isn't that strong to begin with.

razaar
15th September 2013, 06:50 PM
Fact of life with Players on tour, has been since the 60’ and 70'. What happens on tour stays on tour. Except when you happen to be the No1 golfer in the world. Tiger took it like a man and coped it on the chin and in the wallet. Did he do anything much different to Norman?

markTHEblake
15th September 2013, 07:08 PM
Haha Virge...the USGA conspiring with sponsors (in this case The Members of Augusta National). I thought the Masters doesn't have sponsors, and the rules officials were Augustas not the PGA nor USGA

sms316
15th September 2013, 07:12 PM
I thought the Masters doesn't have sponsors, and the rules officials were Augustas not the PGA nor USGA The Masters certainly does have sponsors. They are mentioned in the ceremony in Butler Cabin.

razaar
15th September 2013, 07:13 PM
I thought the Masters doesn't have sponsors, and the rules officials were Augustas not the PGA nor USGAOn this one, they were all called in Blakey.

Johnny Canuck
15th September 2013, 07:14 PM
Fact of life with Players on tour, has been since the 60’ and 70'. What happens on tour stays on tour. Except when you happen to be the No1 golfer in the world. Tiger took it like a man and coped it on the chin and in the wallet. Did he do anything much different to Norman?He took it like a man. Yeah right. Couldn't have been any further from the truth.

Sydney Hacker
15th September 2013, 07:14 PM
The Masters certainly does have sponsors. They are mentioned in the ceremony in Butler Cabin. Aren't they referred to as "partners"?

Sydney Hacker
15th September 2013, 07:16 PM
He took it like a man. Yeah right. Couldn't have been any further from the truth. Did I miss part of the scandal? He was taking it as well?

sms316
15th September 2013, 07:28 PM
Aren't they referred to as "partners"? Something along those lines.

LeftyHoges
15th September 2013, 08:52 PM
**** me. That ball barely moves half a dimple.

I'm not surprised that Tiger thought it only oscillated.

In saying that, when he's only chipping out 5-10 metres why does he need to move it?

BenM
15th September 2013, 09:17 PM
**** me. That ball barely moves half a dimple.

I'm not surprised that Tiger thought it only oscillated.

In saying that, when he's only chipping out 5-10 metres why does he need to move it?

He doesn't. It was a stupid risk to even attempt to move it. But he did it and thought he got away with it I reckon. His eyes would've been a metre or so from the ball, the only way you couldn't see it move is if he was looking in the opposite direction. Speaking as someone who has seen balls move that much plenty of times (in practice rounds) you know when they move.. In comp I wouldn't even touch that twig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Peter
16th September 2013, 12:00 AM
He would have known that it moved, but it's not an unreasonable position to think that it only oscillated.

If this were a Tour cleanskin and not Tiger I doubt some of you guys would be this w

Peter
16th September 2013, 12:02 AM
He would have known that it moved, but it's not an unreasonable position to think that it only oscillated.

If this were a Tour cleanskin and not Tiger I doubt some of you guys would be this worked up about it.

Having said that - given his track record, I don't believe a thing that he says.

Lagerlover
16th September 2013, 05:56 AM
Did I miss part of the scandal? He was taking it as well? funny.

Rodent
16th September 2013, 07:59 AM
Oscillated? Anyone ok with that as a possibility doesn't know the meaning of the word. There was sudden movement all 1 way and it quickly stops. Oscillated my ar$e. Tiger was still arguing to avoid the penalty after seeing the footage. He was trying to get a favourable ruling. Of course he's going to maintain that it oscillated. What other option is there? To admit that he's a cheat?

Daves
16th September 2013, 08:04 AM
Oscillated? Anyone ok with that as a possibility doesn't know the meaning of the word. There was sudden movement all 1 way and it quickly stops. Oscillated my ar$e. Tiger was still arguing to avoid the penalty after seeing the footage. He was trying to get a favourable ruling. Of course he's going to maintain that it oscillated. What other option is there? To admit that he's a cheat?

It actually dropped a mill or 2 and then rolled forward. No oscillation what so ever. Tiger seemed to genuinely believe it oscillated and that he had been hard done by, kidding himself or just a good actor??

That type of lie I won't even ground the club, I call them land mines, even standing near the ball can be risky.

matty
16th September 2013, 08:37 AM
That type of lie I won't even ground the club, I call them land mines, even standing near the ball can be risky.

Very true. I can't stand TW as a sportsman or a person but I am 50/50 on this. I can see it drops to the left a few mills. If your head is above it would it look like it wobbled or sunk?

But it's TW! Ain't nobody gonna believe any shit from dat mouth.

Johnny Canuck
16th September 2013, 09:29 AM
Very true. I can't stand TW as a sportsman or a person but I am 50/50 on this. I can see it drops to the left a few mills. If your head is above it would it look like it wobbled or sunk? But it's TW! Ain't nobody gonna believe any shit from dat mouth.Didn't they show him the video footage? It clearly moves in the video and then his hand freezes, as in he realised what he had done.

Tongueboy
16th September 2013, 09:41 AM
confirms Tige is questionable and Raz is a dill

Hatchman
16th September 2013, 11:46 AM
Popper,

I have no doubt it's been happening and more common than some would like to believe. Those looking from the outside will have strong opinions on this behaviour, some will be disgusted and others will be meh.

On the ball moved, oscillated issue. Only Tiger really knows what he think he saw happen. If the scenario was a bit different and there was no vision and Tiger called himself a penalty and said I'm not sure if it moved or oscillated but I'll call a penalty on myself. How many would be saying how noble or stupid he is because no one saw anything? I'm sure it wouldn't be 100% in the noble camp.

TheNuclearOne
16th September 2013, 11:53 AM
On the ball moved, oscillated issue. Only Tiger really knows what he think he saw happen. If the scenario was a bit different and there was no vision and Tiger called himself a penalty and said I'm not sure if it moved or oscillated but I'll call a penalty on myself. How many would be saying how noble or stupid he is because no one saw anything? I'm sure it wouldn't be 100% in the noble camp.

Has Tiger ever called a penalty on himself tho? More chance of the sky falling imo, especially if no one was watching. If he did call one you could be assured the ball moved - a lot.

popper81
16th September 2013, 12:09 PM
I have no doubt it's been happening and more common than some would like to believe. Those looking from the outside will have strong opinions on this behaviour, some will be disgusted and others will be meh..

Just to clarify, I don't really care about what he has done.... If they were better looking birds I may even be jealous. I just think it is a tad rich to say Tiger wouldn't cheat as he has too much to lose when he has a history of self indulgent behaviour.

Badzyy
16th September 2013, 12:16 PM
**** me, so much Tiger hate in this thread...

razaar
16th September 2013, 12:19 PM
I missed the golf this morning, had to be at the other side of the city at sparrow fart. I noticed the leaders tee times are still up on the Pga web site. Is play suspended until Monday?

LeftyHoges
16th September 2013, 12:20 PM
I missed the golf this morning, had to be at the other side of the city at sparrow fart. I noticed the leaders tee times are still up on the Pga web site. Is play suspended until Monday?

Yep, inclement weather.

Badzyy
16th September 2013, 12:20 PM

Yeh they stopped and started a couple times, got up early for nothing :(

Ron Burgundy
17th September 2013, 01:43 PM
So heading into next week Scott is in with a massive chance ranked 3rd and Day needs a bit of luck ranked 14th.

Feel bad for Matt Jones though. Has a 10 ft putt lip out on the 18th to finish T8 for the tourney and ranked 32nd in the standings. If it goes in he cashes in next week and automatic qual for 2014 masters, US & British opens. But it didn't.

Life's a bitch hey.

Johnny Canuck
17th September 2013, 02:27 PM
So heading into next week Scott is in with a massive chance ranked 3rd and Day needs a bit of luck ranked 14th. Feel bad for Matt Jones though. Has a 10 ft putt lip out on the 18th to finish T8 for the tourney and ranked 32nd in the standings. If it goes in he cashes in next week and automatic qual for 2014 masters, US & British opens. But it didn't. Life's a bitch hey. language, Ron! Stay classy.

Ron Burgundy
17th September 2013, 02:42 PM
Sorry. Someone must have messed with my teleprompter again.

Johnny Canuck
17th September 2013, 03:13 PM
Loud noises!

Mububban
17th September 2013, 04:19 PM
Furyk should be pretty ****ed he let this one slip through his fingers. Sensational 3 rounds then even par on the 4th round and gets caught. I'm sure he'd rather have his name in the history books for the win rather than a 59, as nice as that is.

Johnny Canuck
17th September 2013, 04:25 PM
Furyk should be pretty ****ed he let this one slip through his fingers. Sensational 3 rounds then even par on the 4th round and gets caught. I'm sure he'd rather have his name in the history books for the win rather than a 59, as nice as that is. There is a winner every weekend. 59 hardly ever happens.

PerryGroves
17th September 2013, 04:29 PM
Furyk should be pretty ****ed he let this one slip through his fingers. Sensational 3 rounds then even par on the 4th round and gets caught. I'm sure he'd rather have his name in the history books for the win rather than a 59, as nice as that is.

Suspect not, whilst he will be disappointed he didnt finish the tournament, Jim Furyk will retire with more money than he possibly knows what to do with 20+ PGA wins and a 59. Tiger may not have the latter.

EDit: quicker typer is JC

matty
17th September 2013, 04:40 PM
I love lamp

Outcast
18th September 2013, 09:11 AM

More like sensational 1 round Mubbuban... awesome 59 but, he was +1, -2 & E on his other rounds

wizard_of_oz
19th September 2013, 04:38 PM
Suspect not, whilst he will be disappointed he didnt finish the tournament, Jim Furyk will retire with more money than he possibly knows what to do with 20+ PGA wins and a 59. Tiger may not have the latter.

I suspect most people would trade that 59 for a billion dollars, just sayin'..:?

dc68
20th September 2013, 05:33 AM
Henrik -5 thru 7 at the tour championship!!

oncewasagolfer
23rd September 2013, 10:06 AM
Congratulations to stensen awesome play and well deserved. DJ had an interesting finish 3 7 2 spent some cash on 17.

popper81
3rd November 2013, 07:39 AM
I've just loaded up on Scott Hend to shoot 59 today... He has been on fire.

sms316
3rd November 2013, 07:51 AM
I've just loaded up on Scott Hend to shoot 59 today... He has been on fire. Scotty's on fire! http://youtu.be/Nh5Lh-tTSZQ

KristianJ
14th December 2013, 10:12 AM
2 59*s on the Euro Tour overnight:

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2014/tournamentid=2013098/news/newsid=214466.html

Johnny Canuck
14th December 2013, 10:19 AM
2 59*s on the Euro Tour overnight:

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2014/tournamentid=2013098/news/newsid=214466.html

Par 70 course with preferred lies.

They shot 59***

Ashes
14th December 2013, 10:23 AM
Par 70 course with preferred lies.

They shot 59***

Preferred lies???

Johnny Canuck
14th December 2013, 10:37 AM
Course was extremely wet. They may have been playing Nudgee.

sms316
14th December 2013, 03:28 PM
Course was extremely wet. They may have been playing Nudgee. After 5mm overnight.