PDA

View Full Version : Gailes GC - Thu 27 October 1pm $30 or even less maybe :)

jaster
19th October 2005, 10:13 AM
Goughy and myself will be in Brisbane next Thursday in the morning and can't drive back without having a game. Gailes is probably the best for us to get back to Toowoomba in good time so we have booked 2 groups to hit-off at 1pm.

Cost I think is $30 for non-reciprical golfers. Not sure what the comp is?

First Group is full.....any interest for a second group? We will need to know ASAP so express your interest :wink:

Group 1
Goughy
Jaster
Jarro
Eag's

Group 2

AndyP
19th October 2005, 12:36 PM
Cost I think is $30 for non-reciprical golfers. Not sure what the comp is?
I would have thought the comp cost would be less than $20.
It is on Sundays and Wednesdays, I believe.

jaster
19th October 2005, 01:07 PM
That's the price goughy was quoted, I thought it was a bit steep...if I budget for $30 then we'll have enough for maccas on the way home 8)

Eag's
19th October 2005, 01:59 PM
Looking forward to it guys :wink:

Jarro
19th October 2005, 02:10 PM
I should be right, i just have to find someone to watch the girls for me that arvo :?

jaster
19th October 2005, 02:15 PM
You can do it man!!! Get the MIL to do it for ya :wink: :P

Jarro
19th October 2005, 02:16 PM
You can do it man!!! Get the MIL to do it for ya  :wink:  :P

yeah, she'll be sweet. I just have to see if she's doing anything that day first :roll:

jaster
19th October 2005, 02:23 PM
Cool mate.

jaster
25th October 2005, 08:45 PM
Ok....2nd group has been cancelled due to lack of interest....Nudgee has expressed interest in playing and as we are not in a comp Goughy called them and the "lady" on the phone said she can't see this as a problem. So at this stage it will be a 5 ball at around 12:30 - 13:00 off the 1st at the Royal and Ancient Gailes, once a proud holder of the Australian Open :wink:

AndyP
25th October 2005, 08:51 PM
If any of you have the 2005 Golf Course Guide, you can get a 2 for 1 midweek.

Jarro
25th October 2005, 08:54 PM
that'd be handy ... i'm short of cash this week ... bloody diamana shafts :lol:

jaster
25th October 2005, 09:23 PM
haha...yeah...no comp as it is ladys day (bloody chicks :P) so it'll be $30....oh well...it's not like I have much of a life at the moment :roll: :lol:

BrisVegas
26th October 2005, 07:37 AM
probably a good thing you guys are playing Gailes tomorrow, given the bucket-loads of rain in the area lately.  At least Gailes drains pretty fast.

Have fun out there!  :)

Jarro
26th October 2005, 12:25 PM
So at this stage it will be a 5 ball at around 12:30 - 13:00

so can we hit ff at 12:30 :?:

jaster
26th October 2005, 12:32 PM
All depends on the goughster and how long his appt takes....we are hoping to get there at that time but may be a little later.

BrisVegas
26th October 2005, 12:36 PM
Grab a pie from the bar at Gailes. You'll thank me for the tip later. :smt115

They are Mrs Macs and they always seem to have the hotbox at the perfect temperature.... hmmmmmm
:smt023

Jarro
26th October 2005, 12:44 PM
All depends on the goughster and how long his appt takes....we are hoping to get there at that time but may be a little later.

ok, no probs 8)

jaster
26th October 2005, 01:03 PM
mmmm....hot pies....very nice :)

OT - we have a "Big Dads Pies" franchise here now...OMFG...if you have ever tried one you will know what I am talking about!!

BrisVegas
26th October 2005, 01:14 PM
OT - we have a "Big Dads Pies" franchise here now...OMFG...if you have ever tried one you will know what I am talking about!!

Yep, we've got everything in Ipswich. Big Dad's is right next to the drive-through Brodies Chicken!! Sweet. :lol:

jaster
26th October 2005, 01:20 PM
Never tried Brodies, any good??

BrisVegas
26th October 2005, 01:33 PM
it's good for what ales ya. It's on par with Red Rooster. Worth a try.

ozmacleod would be the expert here, Ive only eaten Brodies 2-3 times.

Jarro
26th October 2005, 02:05 PM
Never tried Brodies, any good??

Tezza told me about them once, so i tried their large chips after a round at Windaroo recently .... pretty good i thought 8)

AndyP
26th October 2005, 02:17 PM
Better than McDonalds that's for sure.

jaster
26th October 2005, 06:53 PM
So any rain in Brissy? Don't want to get too wet tomorrow :)

AndyP
27th October 2005, 02:34 PM
I'm thinking that the lads would be rather warm right now. It's a pretty hot day outside.

3oneday
27th October 2005, 02:35 PM
I'm thinking that the lads would be rather warm right now.  It's a pretty hot day outside.don't reckon they would be eating pies, that's for sure !!!! :lol: :lol:

jaster
27th October 2005, 07:19 PM
Phew...hot front 9 :( but a great day.....update after I have tea!!

Jarro
27th October 2005, 07:52 PM
twas a hot day indeed :shock:

thanks again to my playing partners for helping me find my many wayward drives :oops: it's going to take me a few rounds to get used to the DIAMANA.. but man, what a shaft :shock: 8)

i'll let Jaster tell the stories .. he's better at it than me anyway.

jaster
27th October 2005, 08:35 PM
First up thanks for Eag's, Jarro and of course goughy for the day. When we teed off it was hotter than something that is really hot :shock: :roll:

My Top 5 Highlights for the day

5 - The wind and clouds picking up for the 2nd 9..thanks mother nature ;)

4 - Eag's playing the first 4 holes in even par

3 - My new found nutrition plan...2 banana's and a sachet of GU...
http://www.gusports.com/images/home_gu_logo.gif
oh baby I had some energy (for me anyway) coming home to play the last 3 holes in 2 under ;)

2 - Tezza turning up for a few holes with his new Camera..OMFG what a unit it is...I have heaps of pics..but left them in goughys car :oops: Sorry guys will get them up tomorrow....get this...Tezza turns up and shoots 50 odd shots...leaves on the 15th hole and goes home to burn the photos to DVD...then turns up again as we finish the 18th and gives me the DVD..now that's OZGOLF dedication!!!

1 - Jarro's Diamana of course!! ;)

Scores...

Goughy - 98/87
Jarro - 91/79
Eag's - 88/76
Jaster - 76/72

Thanks for the day guys, I won't mention anything about the wedge I punched to 4ft or so for birdie on the 16th..I'll let someone else talk it up :wink: :lol:

jaster
27th October 2005, 08:40 PM
Oh I forgot to mention...Jarro drove it on the 17th for one...I hit 3 wood in the right bunker but was aiming for the 10th green as I couldn't see the pin on the 17th...I thought the 10th was the green...I was wondering why Eag's and Goughy were getting excited about his drive, sorry Jarro. Nice drive mate :wink: :lol:

jaster
27th October 2005, 08:41 PM
I'm thinking that the lads would be rather warm right now. It's a pretty hot day outside.don't reckon they would be eating pies, that's for sure !!!! :lol: :lol:

Pies were off the menu...way too hot!!

terryand
27th October 2005, 08:42 PM
First up thanks for Eag's, Jarro and of course goughy for the day. When we teed off it was hotter than something that is really hot  :shock:  :roll:

My Top 5 Highlights for the day

5 - The wind and clouds picking up for the 2nd 9..thanks mother nature ;)

4 - Eag's playing the first 4 holes in even par

3 - My new found nutrition plan...2 banana's and a sachet of GU...
http://www.gusports.com/images/home_gu_logo.gif
oh baby I had some energy (for me anyway) coming home to play the last 3 holes in 2 under ;)

2 - Tezza turning up for a few holes with his new Camera..OMFG what a unit it is...I have heaps of pics..but left them in goughys car  :oops: Sorry guys will get them up tomorrow....get this......leaves on the 15th hole andTezza turns up and shoots 50 odd shots goes home to burn the photos to DVD...then turns up again as we finish the 18th and gives me the DVD..now that's OZGOLF dedication!!!

50 shots [-X try 150 :smt023  :shock:

Terry.

Jarro
27th October 2005, 09:37 PM
nice Tezza, love your work :smt023

nice wrapup Jaster .... your punch through the trees on 16 was unbelievable :shock: i would never have thought there was a shot for you there .... great birdie 8) well played today overall ... +4 on that track today was great scoring indeed 8)

Goughy blasted some nice drives late in the round too ..... nice draws that ran forever.. good to play with the boss again ... let's do it again soon mate.

Eag's is a freak .. pure and simple. I've never seen a righthanded golfer putt so well lefthanded :smt017 how the hell does that work :roll: Jono, if you can't find a putter that does the job ... go cackhanded son, it seems to work :wink:

The Diamana felt a LOT different in my driver than the NV75. Heaps more kick at the ball with this shaft, so i've gotta slow everything down (not pause you idiots) in order to hit it sweet. But when you get onto one ... man, it' a friggin rocketlauncher \:D/ :smt023 Thanks again Nudgee :wink:

jaster
27th October 2005, 09:54 PM
Thanks Jarro :) Yeah the punch was one of those one in a bucket of balls type of shots..off a bare muddy lie...60 odd meters...3mx3m gap...OH BABY!!

I forgot about Eag's...I lent him a "SHARK" lefthanded putter today and after 10 rolls on the putting green he goes out and has 31 putts...amazing!!!:shock:

Goughster started to play some great golf on the back 9, after I told him to slow down!!! :roll: :lol:

goughy
27th October 2005, 09:58 PM
I was off like a rocket you could say. Back nine score was 10 better than the front, and it still wasn't impressive. Oh well.....

Thanks for coming out guys, and for jaster helping me stay awake behind the wheel. Would love to do it more often.

Was surprised to see terry all of a sudden. Thanks for the effort. Photos will be int he hands of the man soon, and there are plenty to post.

jaster
27th October 2005, 10:30 PM
+4 on that track today was great scoring indeed 8)

It's a par 73 so 76 is +3 by the way :wink: :lol:

Eag's
27th October 2005, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the day guys, it was great to have a hit with the toowoomba boys again :smt023
Jarro that shaft is awsome :shock: almost to good to hit 8)
Once you get used to it you will smoke them :wink:
It was great to see Tez come out and take some shots, can't wait to see the results :D
I enjoyed Gailes a lot and will be keen to get back out there again soon.

Jaster hit some great shots and long bombs :shock: also thanks for the lend of the putter mate :D looks like I will be sticking with left handed for the time being 32 putts is the best all year for me :oops:

Goughy got some good drives out there later in the day :smt023 not bad for someone who plays rarely these days.

goughy
28th October 2005, 05:24 AM
It's not just the 32 putts eag's. You looked so comfortable putting lefty. It didn't look awkward at all.

Jarro
28th October 2005, 05:52 AM
It's not just the 32 putts eag's.  You looked so comfortable putting lefty.  It didn't look awkward at all.

i agree 100%.

Eag's that was the most comfortable i've ever seen you on the greens, stick with that lefthanded putting son, you're onto something there for sure 8)

BrisVegas
28th October 2005, 08:14 AM
It's a par 73 so 76 is +3 by the way  :wink:  :lol:

bah, any fool can shoot 76 around there!  :wink:  :lol:

Jarro
28th October 2005, 04:16 PM
got any pics to post Tezza :wink:

jaster
28th October 2005, 04:29 PM
Some pics will be up soon :wink:

Jarro
28th October 2005, 04:36 PM
Some pics will be up soon  :wink:

onya mate :smt023

jaster
28th October 2005, 04:44 PM
Here is a start....these shots are reduced in size and quality by a huge amount. Tezza's new camera is amazing and reducing them like I have does not do them justice, they are just superb!! At the moment I have just picked some of what I think are the better photo's but I'll post more and more as I get time.

An interested onlooker showing his best bits to jarro ;)

http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/5822/roo0ix.jpg

Goughy

http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/8946/goughypostimpact6rh.jpg

Eag's

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/5103/eagsimpact5ib.jpg

Jarro

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/1766/jarropreimpact4di.jpg

Me

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/1605/jasterpreimpact8ok.jpg

Jarro rolling the rock (Photo was originally 4mbs and huge!!)

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/2706/jarroputt0wu.jpg

Me not rolling the rock very well...terry was at least 40ms away taking this one!!

http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/4677/jasterputt7sn.jpg

Jarro
28th October 2005, 05:04 PM
thanks Jaster, pics look great mate 8)

clearly i need more 'lag' in my swing.. looking at that pic :-k

Eag's
28th October 2005, 06:14 PM
Wow how good are those camera shots :shock:

jaster
28th October 2005, 07:39 PM
Sometimes I really wonder about Jarro....:wink:

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/1501/jarrowhatthe2iz.jpg

AndyP
28th October 2005, 07:49 PM
Aaahhh yes, that's our own Happy Gilmore. :roll:

Jarro
28th October 2005, 07:52 PM
it's just an air-guitar gone wrong :roll: :lol:

jaster
28th October 2005, 08:14 PM
You should see how clear the original of this is, great photo tezza!

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/3659/goughybackswing8jt.jpg

Trung
28th October 2005, 08:26 PM
Eags... great impact position :shock: :smt023

Jarro... you need medication

Iain
28th October 2005, 08:51 PM
Trung, Jarro need's more than that!!!

Thats a great position Goughy. 8)

Some good photo's there Tez.

AndyP
28th October 2005, 08:51 PM
Is that goughy in the above photo? Has he had a haircut?

jaster
28th October 2005, 08:53 PM
Is that goughy in the above photo? Has he had a haircut? :smt045

AndyP
28th October 2005, 09:14 PM
Is that goughy in the above photo? Has he had a haircut? :smt045
Who is he trying to impress?

There goes the Ian Ross look (of Merrick and Rosso fame). :lol:

jaster
28th October 2005, 09:40 PM
He is Rosso all over...me and the Mrs always have said that and now it is on TV it is like we are watching goughy...funny stuff :lol:

AndyP
28th October 2005, 10:06 PM
He is Rosso all over...me and the Mrs always have said that and now it is on TV it is like we are watching goughy...funny stuff :lol:
Do you reckon goughy could do the Russell Crowe impression like Rosso did? I don't watch the show, but that was funny.

goughy, how do you look in green and red?

jaster
28th October 2005, 10:32 PM
Sorry about the subject but this is a great photo....was a good drive also ;) left me with 135m and I hit it to 8ft and missed the putt :smt042

http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/2141/jasterpostimpactbehind6ie.jpg

jaster
28th October 2005, 10:34 PM
Similar postion from the side...just amazing the detail this camera captures 8)

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/7132/jasterpostimpact9gg.jpg

jaster
28th October 2005, 10:37 PM
The gang!!! This is one for the desktops ;)

http://img446.imageshack.us/img446/7748/thegang5ys.jpg

AndyP
28th October 2005, 10:38 PM
Sorry about the subject but this is a great photo....was a good drive also ;) left me with 135m and I hit it to 8ft and missed the putt :smt042

15th?
I'm usually thinking about laying up on that hole.

jaster
28th October 2005, 10:42 PM
Yeah the 15th...tees were forward though a fair bit but I can only play what is in front of me. First time I have ever played Gailes though and I enjoyed the track 8)

Jono
28th October 2005, 11:09 PM
Great work Tezza! You've been taking photography classes or something ... 8)

Jarro

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/1766/jarropreimpact4di.jpg

Me

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/1605/jasterpreimpact8ok.jpg

That's a great lag you got there, Jaster. Jarro, you on the other hand just can't seem to hang on. Too much playing the air guitar, perhaps? :wink:

markTHEblake
28th October 2005, 11:52 PM
Yeah the 15th...tees were forward though a fair bit

cant even see the ladies tees in front of that shot :? , you didnt.. surely you didnt play off the reds?

nevertheless, Jarro take a good long hard look at Leon the Lefties position in that pic, and no i am not talking about the way he 'dresses'.

The cause of your very characteristic follow through is clearly evident in that pic just above.

Its unusual that with a pause such as yours at the top, that the release of the club and top half of your body is way to early. No doubt a legacy of hitting too many home runs. Most golfers with that accentuated pause do so to get the exact opposite result ie to lead earlier with the bottom half of the body - see Wayne Grady for a great example of that.

Might pay to try belting some balls on the range and start driving your legs forward before completing your backswing, if you do it right it should feel like your cracking a whip.

Might also help to listen to that audio that was mentioned in the long driving thread, what he is saying is very relevant to what you dont do, but should.

Eag's
29th October 2005, 07:20 AM
Blakey, to be honest, Jarro has gotten rid of the dreaded pause at the top :smt045 it is all one motion now back and through. Every now and then he will block one way right because he gets disconected on the downswing, meaning hips are clearing way to early.

I think the new shaft (Diamana) he was trying for the first time may of contributed.

Jarro
29th October 2005, 07:48 AM
thanks for the tips gentleman, i'll be working on trying to create a bit more lag for sure.

Blakey, i've been trying hard to get rid of the pause at the top of the backswing, and i think i have to a fair degree done that .. the whole swing feels a lot more 1 piece now than it did before.

Blakey said :

Might pay to try belting some balls on the range and start driving your legs forward before completing your backswing, if you do it right it should feel like your cracking a whip.

i'm actually trying out the Gary Edwin method of keeping the lower half quiet, trying to stop the hips from firing too early.

I'm not trying to make any excuses, i mean, pictures don't lie, but i was trying to come to terms with the new shaft in my driver that day... it feels a lot whippier than the NV i had previously. I still now and then get caught in between old and new swing's ..... obviously i had more of the old at Gailes :(

great pic's though Tezza .... should be some beauties taken at the Champs 8)

Jono
29th October 2005, 09:09 AM
Jarro,

I wouldn't worry too much about it, mate. I do the same thing, and I imagine over 75% of the Ozgolfers would look similar in that position. It does tend to get the ball up a bit high with the driver, but you can still get plenty of distance without having so much lag. I've seen a guy who regularly drives the ball over 300 meters who looks similar in that downswing position. 8)

goughy
29th October 2005, 09:26 AM
I think you'd find jaster's lag quite different from that of the three of us. The other thing I notice was the hip turn in our downswings. Eag's, jarro and I still have our hips very square quite a way into and through our downswings. Jasters has cleared quite a bit and his buckle is pointing much more forwards than ours.

Could that explain the 40mtrs between his drives and ours??? :(

terryand
29th October 2005, 10:29 AM
Great work Tezza!  You've been taking photography classes or something ...  8)

no lessons Jono,the camera is good to cover up my short comings....

Or perhaps its just natural ability \:D/ :smt047

Terry.

goughy
29th October 2005, 10:35 AM
Forgot to mention terry, clikchic hates you!!! (don't panic all, he understands :wink: )

Jono
29th October 2005, 12:51 PM
I think you'd find jaster's lag quite different from that of the three of us.  The other thing I notice was the hip turn in our downswings.  Eag's, jarro and I still have our hips very square quite a way into and through our downswings.  Jasters has cleared quite a bit and his buckle is pointing much more forwards than ours.

Could that explain the 40mtrs between his drives and ours???  :(

Hmmm ... if Jaster ever decides to put his swing-move up for sale on the Proshop section, I think there will be a long line of potential buyers. 8) Speaking of Proshop, so Jarro, is the Diamana going up for sale soon? :twisted:

Jono
29th October 2005, 12:55 PM
Or perhaps its just natural ability \:D/  :smt047

It must be, mate. Your sense of timing and composition is extraordinary. Just take that shot of Jarro (doing the air-guitar) for example. You have chosen a pretty ordinary subject matter and turned it into a masterpiece. :wink:

jaster
29th October 2005, 01:17 PM
Jono - your too kind :oops:

As for the Air guitar shot...I have about 6 more of them :wink: :lol:

Jarro
29th October 2005, 02:12 PM
Or perhaps its just natural ability \:D/  :smt047

It must be, mate.  Your sense of timing and composition is extraordinary.  Just take that shot of Jarro (doing the air-guitar) for example.  You have chosen a pretty ordinary subject matter and turned it into a masterpiece.   :wink:

Jono old man .. i think you'll find it is in fact quite the opposite.

Tezza's job as photographer was made all the easier by the EXTRAORDINARY SUBJECT MATTER he had to work with 8)

how could you not paint a Picasso when you have such a brilliant canvas to paint on.

jaster
29th October 2005, 02:15 PM
:lol: How true!!! 8) :wink:

Trung
29th October 2005, 02:17 PM
Similar postion from the side...just amazing the detail this camera captures  8)

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/7132/jasterpostimpact9gg.jpg

I have the same problem with my front shoe. Can't keep it in the same spot. :oops:

jaster
29th October 2005, 03:22 PM
I tried to quieten down my hips and legs years ago, then I just gave up as it threw all my timing out :roll:

markTHEblake
29th October 2005, 07:47 PM
i'm actually trying out the Gary Edwin method of keeping the lower half quiet, trying to stop the hips from firing too early.

Why? your lower half has always been quiet (hasnt it?), in any case you have certainly stopped your hips, thats why your right foot is off the ground way before your hips have cleared.