PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Instructor - Sydney (pref northern Sydney)

christianjb
24th October 2012, 10:14 AM
Hi All,

Recently upgraded from my Powerbilt Momentums that I learnt to play on about 5 years ago.

Anyway, I've had a busy year and haven't played in about 12 months.

But now am really enjoying getting out there, played every weekend for the last 2 months almost.

Then switch clubs and found all sorts of errors, with nil consistency.

Main problems:

- Lack of consistent swing speed

- Lack of consistent ball contact (often taking large divets then over compensating and topping balls)

- But probably my main problem is a left to right slice, which is worse on my driver.

So probably looking to get back to basics with some rhythm into my game.

Just pick up on the faults and give me some basics to work on to get some consistency before looking to learn more.

Prefer to see somebody after work in Northern half Sydney.

Or weekends on Central Coast (just north of Sydney).

I saw a Pro that was reasonable at Shelly Beach a few years ago, fixed a few flaws.
But I wasn't blown away by his knowledge or observations.

So if anyone has some good recommendations it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

PerryGroves
24th October 2012, 10:30 AM
Myself and a few mates go and see Dave Saunders at Narrabeen, good bloke, good teacher.

http://ignitegolf.com.au/david_saunders

Sydney Hacker
24th October 2012, 10:43 AM
What part of "northern" Sydney do you live in? There are a few options around.

Captain Nemo
24th October 2012, 10:48 AM
I know Christian Small personally (was an assis pro at our club for a few years, then managed a Golf Mart store down south for a while)
Id have no hesitation recommending him, very nice guy, and really approachable.

christianjb
24th October 2012, 11:00 AM
What part of "northern" Sydney do you live in? There are a few options around.

I actually live on the Central Coast, but work near Chatswood.

So going after work anywhere on North Shore, Northern Beaches. Or Thornleigh, Hornsby etc are all fine.

otherwise weekend on the Central Coast

Thanks guys

Croydo
24th October 2012, 04:47 PM
Peter cliff at Shelley beach golf club is one of my mates, he is a really good teacher as well.

davepuppies
24th October 2012, 04:58 PM
Northern beaches golf academy has a good selection of pros...

Christian small is very good, dave saunders is good, but i didnt gel with his techniques, leon faulkner is also good....

if you go on a thursday night you will be a good chance of seeing Virge, and he is good too....

Croydo
24th October 2012, 05:40 PM
Glenn Phillips at Monash is also another good teacher.

mackie
24th October 2012, 10:26 PM
yep Christian is a top bloke coached me for years when he was at the lakes and i recently saw him few months ago.
He was the reason i went from 13 to a 5 marker.
shoot me a pm ill send you his contacts, he teaches at 2 places these days, but narrabean would be the pick for you.
As DP said narrabean has a really good setup, plenty to choose from.

Choppa1
28th October 2012, 07:52 AM
Dave Saunders is probably a better fit for low markers - he is exceptionally good for those that already have a good knowledge of their golf swing and can identify and iron out wrinkles quickly - what I would call a great "tune-up" coach. Highly recommended for this type of coaching.