PDA

View Full Version : Qld: Nudgee 1/11, Trackman range session 1/11, Hope Island 2/11

Jono
19th October 2012, 10:17 AM
Thinking out aloud at the moment.

I'm hoping to come up to QLD and play Hope Island with Matty on Friday 2nd of November. It's an early tee time so I'll have to fly up on Thursday.

To get the most out of the trip, I'm looking to get a game on Thursday and perhaps catch up with some Ozgolfers Thursday night for a Trackman range session somewhere.

Anyone keen to have a game on Thursday and/or for a range session in the late arvo/evening?

Edit:
9 holes at Nudgee Thursday morning before going over the Redcliffe

Added Hope Island game as well.

1/11 Nudgee 8am CANCELLED
Jono
Jarro

1/11 Trackman range session (Victoria Park in the afternoon/evening) CANCELLED
Jono
Timah
Steve57
Dion
Lucasto
Damo

2/11 7:45 Hope Island (2 spots left)
Jono
Matty

timah!
19th October 2012, 10:20 AM
Trackman session would be great!
Would love a round, but I think I'll be back at work then :(

Steve57
19th October 2012, 10:21 AM
Range session with Trackman sounds good to me.

Jono
19th October 2012, 10:33 AM
Is there a range where we can have access to a power point? Otherwise, most we'll get with my laptop is about 2-3 hours.

Steve57
19th October 2012, 10:37 AM
Not that I am aware of unfortunately.

timah!
19th October 2012, 10:39 AM
Maybe (maybe) Helensvale.

Vic Park?

Jono
19th October 2012, 10:45 AM
I rang Victoria Park and they said they have power points near the hitting bays.

I'll probably fly out to Brisbane Thursday morning, play somewhere near Brisbane, go to Victoria Park in the afternoon/evening for the range session, then drive down to Sactuary Cove.

Jarro
19th October 2012, 02:16 PM
Thanks for calling me during my up&down attempt too ;)

What time are you flying in ?

I have to start work at 12:15 so could do an early round at Nudgee if you'd like ?

BrisVegas
19th October 2012, 02:21 PM
If you go to Vic Park Thurs night, count me in. I've got no annual leave left for a game of golf though, sorry John.

Jono
19th October 2012, 02:25 PM
Thanks for calling me during my up&down attempt too ;)

What time are you flying in ?

I have to start work at 12:15 so could do an early round at Nudgee if you'd like ?

I haven't booked my flights yet but I can land as early as 6:30.

How about we tee off at 7:30 for social game?

Jarro
19th October 2012, 02:30 PM
I haven't booked my flights yet but I can land as early as 6:30.

How about we tee off at 7:30 for social game?

Sounds good ;)

But to let you know, the greens are being done at Nudgee this coming Monday ..... not sure how they'll be by the 1st ??

Jono
19th October 2012, 02:33 PM
If you go to Vic Park Thurs night, count me in. I've got no annual leave left for a game of golf though, sorry John.

No worries Dion. It'd be good to catch up with you at the range.

I'll probably get there around 3-4pm.

Guys, try to have something to work on in mind before you come to the range session - eg comparing drivers, finding out iron distances etc.

BTW, do they have good range balls at Victoria Park? If not, bring some second hand balls (says around 20) for your shots on the trackman.

Might start a list for the golf and range

Golf (likely Nudgee 7:30)
Jono
Jarro

Trackman range session (Victoria Park in the afternoon/evening)
Jono
Timah
Steve57
Dion

timah!
19th October 2012, 02:39 PM
No worries. I'll be in for vic park.

Jono
19th October 2012, 02:58 PM
Sounds good ;)

But to let you know, the greens are being done at Nudgee this coming Monday ..... not sure how they'll be by the 1st ??

That's OK Jarro. Most of the courses have cored greens now anyway.

Any other nudgee members want to come out for an early game?

Hux
19th October 2012, 03:15 PM
See my new post if you want a later game Jono. Redcliffe @ midday

Jono
19th October 2012, 03:37 PM
Hux, I'm keen. Put me down for the Redcliffe day.

Jarro, what about a 9 hole game at Nudgee around 8am? Should give you plenty of time to get ready for work afterwards and I can drive up to Redcliffe.

Jono
19th October 2012, 05:05 PM
I've added the Hope Island game on the first post as well.

Lucasto23
19th October 2012, 06:37 PM
I will pop down for a chat and track man bash

markTHEblake
19th October 2012, 07:05 PM
Jono, you might have better luck withe the Trackman at Helensvale driving range ( not my golf club)

Or Parkwood has undercover bays.

I'll ask them. I will be at both over next couple days.

Jono
19th October 2012, 09:42 PM
Jono, you might have better luck withe the Trackman at Helensvale driving range ( not my golf club)

Or Parkwood has undercover bays.

I'll ask them. I will be at both over next couple days.

Why is that, mate? I had a look at the picture of Victoria Park and it looked pretty good.

damoocow
19th October 2012, 10:30 PM
Trackman sounds awesome Jono - be good to catch up.

1/11 Nudgee 8am
Jono
Jarro

1/11 Trackman range session (Victoria Park in the afternoon/evening)
Jono
Timah
Steve57
Dion
Lucasto
Damoocow

2/11 7:45 Hope Island (2 spots left)
Jono
Matty

Jono
19th October 2012, 11:12 PM
That's great, Damo. I'll bring the FT5 I was talking about before.

markTHEblake
20th October 2012, 10:23 AM
Why is that, mate? I had a look at the picture of Victoria Park and it looked pretty good. I meant as an alternative to Hope Island. Parkwood has similar set up to Vic Park now, opened only a couple weeks ago.

Jono
20th October 2012, 04:30 PM
I meant as an alternative to Hope Island. Parkwood has similar set up to Vic Park now, opened only a couple weeks ago.

Hope Island is the following day mate. I'm playing with Matty and I've put it up here to see if any ozgolfers want to join us.

markTHEblake
20th October 2012, 07:56 PM
I see, I thought you were having a Trackman session at Hope Island too.

Jono
22nd October 2012, 08:20 AM
Flights booked. See you guys there. 8)

Jono
22nd October 2012, 03:11 PM
Got a bit of a dilema.

I'm allowed 23kg check in luggage and a 7kg carry on luggage plus a laptop.

I can fit my golf clubs and clothes in the 23kg luggage but the trackman weighs well over 7kg. I really don't want to check the Trackman in for obvious reasons. I'm flying with Virgin airlines. Will they give me much grief? Should I ring them up and ask them if I can carry it on or should I risk it and pretend it's under 7kg?

golfbound
22nd October 2012, 06:38 PM
Some of the carry on bags i have seen have been well over size and well over weight one lady had a bag that took 2 blokes to lift it in i thought the roof storage was going to fall down, having said that i have seen them check bags a few times maybe 1 in every 50 or so flights i do.

Jono
22nd October 2012, 06:45 PM
I rang Virgin Airlines and they basically said I can't carry it on due to the weight and that I'll have to purchase another 23kg check in luggage.

Not the extra money I'm worried about. More worried about it getting damaged.

Just weiged the trackman by itself with the battery and it's 6kg. It's the hard protective casing that weighs so much. If I put it in a soft bag, I might be able to go inside the 7kg limit.

Jono
22nd October 2012, 06:46 PM
Can anyone bring a double adaptor and a short extension cord (say around 3m)?

Jarro
22nd October 2012, 06:47 PM
Don't bring it if it's going to go in the cargo hold Jono.

Jono
22nd October 2012, 07:00 PM
Don't bring it if it's going to go in the cargo hold Jono.

Thanks for telling me that, Jarro. I was thinking whether I should risk it and have it insured but I'm not sure if the insurance will cover that much.

golfbound
22nd October 2012, 07:01 PM
i wouldn't put it below no matter what it is in.

Jarro
25th October 2012, 09:21 AM
Jono, sorry mate but i'm not going to be able to make the thursday morning hit now :(

Jono
25th October 2012, 10:53 AM
no worries mate.

BrisVegas
25th October 2012, 01:11 PM
1/11 Trackman range session (Victoria Park in the afternoon/evening)
Jono
Timah
Steve57
Dion
Lucasto
Damoocow

Just realised this is for NEXT Thursday night. Dammit! Was looking forward to getting out of the house too. :lol:

Jono
25th October 2012, 02:05 PM
That's OK, Dion. The range session is looking a bit doubtful at this stage unless I can find a way to carry it on board. :(

markTHEblake
25th October 2012, 02:16 PM
Jono. No help now but we have a $25000 machine about same size as the Trackman that my colleagues travel around the country with. We paid $700 for a custom made steel box so that it can be safely carried as airline luggage. The company that made this also has standard in stock boxes which would be cheaper. As all the need to do then is shape the internal foam to your requirement

Maybe not worth it for you but let me know if you want to find out more about them.

timah!
29th October 2012, 06:29 PM
How is thurs night looking Jono?

Jono
29th October 2012, 11:53 PM
Tim, I'm still trying to find a way to carry the Trackman on the flight. Best option is to find a light bag and put the Trackman in it with a cut out foam.

I'll let you guys know at the latest by Wednesday afternoon whether I can bring it or not.

timah!
30th October 2012, 12:31 AM
Too easy Jono! It's either trackman or study at this point in time haha!

Jono
31st October 2012, 04:34 PM
Sorry guys. I've decided not to take the Trackman. Too hard and too risky. :(

timah!
31st October 2012, 04:39 PM
No worries Jono.
Thanks for trying.
I might sit the range out this time. Have wrangled a round in for Sat, so won't try and push my luck too early on in the piece.
Cheers though!

BrisVegas
31st October 2012, 04:56 PM
bummer. If you decide to head to Vic Park tomorrow night anyway, let us know. I wouldn't mind hitting some pills.

Steve57
31st October 2012, 07:07 PM
Probably a good decision mate. Will give the range session a miss now.
Cheers Steve

damoocow
31st October 2012, 09:30 PM
no worries Jono - catch up another time