PDA

View Full Version : Sold: Tour Issue r11s V2 440cc 9 Deg Head Only

stealth2
12th October 2012, 09:18 PM
Mint 9.9/10, only been hit a couple of times.

RIGHT HANDED TAYLOR MADE "TOUR ISSUE" R11s DRIVER HEAD equipped with 9.0 degrees of loft. THIS TOUR HEAD IS STRAIGHT FROM THE TOUR DEPARTMENT AT TAYLOR MADE. IT WAS NEVER RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC WITH THE ORIGINAL FACTORY SPECIFICATIONS ON THE PLASTIC WRAP (TRUE LOFT ON THIS HEAD IS 9.0, FACE ANGLE IS +3.5 AND LIE IS 58.8, HEAD WEIGHT 185.6). THE HOSEL HAS A T- SERIAL NUMBER WHICH REPRESENTS TOUR ISSUE AND COR TESTED.

This is for the head only, no headcover or tool, comes with the original plastic that has the specs on it.

$480 pp

Jakar
12th October 2012, 10:02 PM
185g seems quite light, is that without the weights? My R11 dot came in at 205 odd without the adapter but can't remember if they weighed the R11 with or without weights. Be interested to try a V2 though, how flexible is your price? I ask because I can get a similar head from the states landed for between $400-$450 with H/C (no disrespect intended of course, you are free to ask what you want). Can I tempt you at $430 posted? No hard feelings if that's too low for your liking, but putting it out there anyway.

stealth2
12th October 2012, 10:12 PM
Hi There, 185g is without the weights and tip. Add in the 10g and 1g for the weights and then also what a tip weights and it will get you to around 200g or thereabouts. I also could have bid at auction and got a slightly cheaper one but for something this expense choose to pay a little more from a reputable place to ensure is was 100% genuine. Given I have only just advertised here tonight and also on fleabay I will wait and holdout on a price closer to what I paid for it landed here. Thanks for the offer though.

Jakar
12th October 2012, 10:15 PM
No worries mate, best of luck.

TourFit
13th October 2012, 12:32 PM
A face angle of 3.5*...was this Elk's spare or something?

Would be all over it if it wasn't for that.

Lagerlover
13th October 2012, 03:16 PM
$480... Good thing the real money's in the shaft. FM

Captain Nemo
13th October 2012, 07:55 PM
A face angle of 3.5*...was this Elk's spare or something?

Would be all over it if it wasn't for that.

Agree, that's crazy open.....
glwts

stealth2
13th October 2012, 08:42 PM
I bought this hoping it was one of Elks throw aways and really wanted 3.5 open. unfortunately and it could be just my old eyes but it just does not seem to sit as open as my existing standard r11s. If I had the tools to measure the face angle and prove it is not 3.5 open I would send it back to the supplier. At best this is sitting a degree open. Anyway I can prove this except for the fact that every shot with it went more left than usual tells me it cannot be 3.5. I generally hit repeatable 5-10m draws all day everyday. This head resulted in 20-25m draws, hence it will not ever be gamed. It's about 15 longer but just not open enough like what the specs indicated. Shit happens and my search for another has begun.

petethepilot
13th October 2012, 09:38 PM
Does it matter whether it is open or not? Remember, it is a fully adjustable head for loft lie and face angle!!!!! (draw/fade whatever you want)

Pete

chinaski
13th October 2012, 09:40 PM
But if it's 3.5 open it IS 3.5 open. Please correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that what COR testing is all about?

JADO75
13th October 2012, 09:49 PM
I've seen it & there's no way it's 3.5 open

Captain Nemo
13th October 2012, 09:53 PM
So much for TM Tour Issue specs then....

stealth2
13th October 2012, 09:58 PM
Pete, tell me if I am wrong here. According to the taylormade website the more you de-loft the r11s the more the face becomes open. So currently I use a 10.5 head that is on the lowest setting of 9.0 degrees therefore the face is open, not sure how open but it is easily visible to the eye. If I was to take it right up to the highest setting the face is closed. So in buying the v2 head that is supposed to be 3.5 open I could essentially leave it in the neutral setting and have it sitting 3.5 open. This does not seem the case and in neutral position it is visibly sitting neither toed in or out and seems square. Now to get it to open out the club face I need to in the V2 have it set down on 7.5 deg which results in just too low a ball flight for me anyways. Have I got the taylormade setting theory correct ?

Captain Nemo
13th October 2012, 10:00 PM
Isn't the thingo on the sole of the club is what sets the face angle?

Captain Nemo
13th October 2012, 10:04 PM
But if it's 3.5 open it IS 3.5 open. Please correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that what COR testing is all about?

COR is face spring effect or something of the like?
Nothing to do with the face angle.
Surely with all the settings on the sole you can get the head to sit way open?

stealth2
13th October 2012, 10:44 PM
Asp plate set to O+ and wound down to 7.5 deg is as open as it can get and it looks nothing like my current 10.5 retail head in same setting at address. This would suit someone looking for more length than the standard r11s as it is longer and rolls out more but if you already hit a low ball then this is not for them. Additionally is would suit someone looking to lower their ball flight and likes the face to be fairly squared at address. Anyway this one is a goner as I just purchased a 10.5 one which is what I should have got initially.

JADO75
13th October 2012, 10:46 PM
Cough cough HO cough

petethepilot
13th October 2012, 10:52 PM
Less loft normally means open face (in TM adjustment world) because you will intentionally/subliminally square the face up at address . I would play it at the loft you wish and use the sole adjustment to give you the shot shape you desire!

BTW, the shot shape you have with it could be more likely due to hot melting which is a common occurrence on Tour issue clubs. Someone like Tourfit or Virge could expand more on this than me.

pete