PDA

View Full Version : Fujikura Speeder Tipping Recommendations

Captain Nemo
12th October 2012, 11:51 AM
1.fujikura speeder 652 reg blank uncut brand new.
What would you recommend tipping to get it playing stiff?

2.fujikura speeder 757 Stiff (real deal, aftermarket) pull from a 907 bore thru has 2" tip prep.
Would i just tip it 1" to play to flex in a standard driver hosel?

TourFit
12th October 2012, 07:38 PM
Well...that is a very tricky question indeed.

Not all shafts respond to trimming in the same way, and although you can match cpm to a stiffer variant, the playability will be all mucked up!!!

1) In the case of the 652, it only has a 2.5" parallel tip length so you must leave AT LEAST the depth of the club hosel remaining in parallel tip (assume the bore depth is 1.5"...therefore MAX trimming will be 1" before the parallel tip runs out!!! The problem will be how it actually feels. As I said it will stiffen the cpm but won't feel like the S flex version at all. At the end of the day..."it is what it is" and you may be better off selling it and getting an S flex!

2) This is also tricky, because we are dealing with Titleist and Speeders. We all know that the "exclusively For Titleist" meant made for...and in reality the Titty Speeder that was stock was actually a Vista Pro 70! If this is a true aftermarket shaft and was installed ALL THE WAY THROUGH in a bore thru, then it would have played a full flex more! However, Titleist also supplied aftermarket versions SPECIFICALLY for their bore thru models. These were generally identical to the retail versions but with an extended 2" on the tip. The question is which one is it?

So, just measure how much parallel tip the shaft has. If it is 2.5", then it is an aftermarket Fuji and you would NOT tip it for the std bore hosel and use an extra long ferrule to cover up any shaft prep! If it has 4-4.5" of parallel tip then it is a Titleist aftermarket REAL 757 with the extra 2" tip...in that case you could tip it 2" and then install as normal from all I have read.

My guess is it will be the REAL Fuji 757 with 2.5" tip...DO NOT TRIM FOR DRIVER (unless you specifically WANT to play it much stiffer!)

Captain Nemo
12th October 2012, 08:02 PM
Thanks Fit was waiting for you, Virge, and Timinsa to hopefully chime in!
Il think ill tip the 652 1/2" to start with and butt cut to play 45" that way ill still have 1/2" to play with later on.
As for the 757 I was told it is not a made for but read deal.
We'll see when it arrives, the guy told me to tip it 1" and it should play to flex?
.....thanks

TourFit
12th October 2012, 10:10 PM
If it's a real deal Speeder 757 then don't trim it to play to flex...you'll just have to cover the prep with a longer ferrule.

Captain Nemo
12th October 2012, 10:12 PM
Gotcha!
When it arrives ill be in touch, I'll email pics to you if that's ok?

TourFit
12th October 2012, 10:15 PM
That is OK. ;)

tommyg
12th October 2012, 10:29 PM
Ive got a real 757 stiff that tourfit just pulled out of my 5 wood. If you want it to stick in a fairway to match your driver you can have it for $60 plus post. Its got a tour velvet on it and measures 41.5 from tip to end of grip.

Captain Nemo
12th October 2012, 10:34 PM
Might be an option for my rbz.
Let me see how I go with this driver shaft.