PDA

View Full Version : Fedex daytime delivery

backintheswing
8th October 2012, 08:44 AM
I have a putter on the way from 3balls. What do Fedex do if no-one is home during the day when the courier driver turns up?

I doubt they have my mobile number as I bought it off ebay. Will I just be able to collect it from their depot on the next day?

Ned
8th October 2012, 08:51 AM
They usually leave it at the address.

BayBum
8th October 2012, 08:52 AM
They will leave a card and deliver the next day.On the card you also have an option for them to leave future items in the place you specify.

LeftyHoges
8th October 2012, 10:07 AM
They usually leave it at the address.

This, unless the sender specifies that a signature is required. Which 3Balls don't.

So this.

backintheswing
8th October 2012, 10:09 AM
Ok thanks. Hopefully the dog won't scare them off. I think she will though.

Mububban
8th October 2012, 10:58 AM
Hopefully they leave it somewhere safe and the dog scares off anyone looking for a new free putter!

TheNuclearOne
8th October 2012, 11:09 AM
I have never had a 3balls delivery (dozens upon dozens, incuding last thursday) "left" here. They've been carded every single time. The local carrier was AAE who very recently seemed to have changed their new depot to "Startrack".

backintheswing
8th October 2012, 03:00 PM
It will most likely be the same here John. I should just be able to swing past the airport and pick it up.

BenM
8th October 2012, 03:01 PM
.. oops double post

BenM
8th October 2012, 03:03 PM
Yep, I'm pretty sure FedEx use AAE as their local delivery agent. They used to leave a card but I'm not sure what happens now that their domestic services are being provided by StarTrack. Probably will need to be collected from the depot or otherwise redelivered when someone is onsite.

GSP
8th October 2012, 04:12 PM
Fedex have a depot in Derrimut, so the re-deliver the next day. You can elect to have all future parcels left at the address too. My stuff from 3balls is always carded

damoocow
8th October 2012, 06:00 PM
Last 2 times I have left a note at my front door saying please leave item and made sure note was signed - note gone and parcel delivered...

mrbluu
8th October 2012, 06:05 PM
I know this is too late but I used to get everything to work.

TheNuclearOne
8th October 2012, 07:48 PM
It will most likely be the same here John. I should just be able to swing past the airport and pick it up.

Another tip when it gets close - slap the tracking number into AAE. Their tracking has always been SCHMICK in my dealings. A couple of times i was able to ring them late on a Friday as their own tracking showed it just in house when the fedex site was a step behind. Due to this i had my beloved package for the weekend instead of Monday. We all know how important that is :D

backintheswing
9th October 2012, 04:08 PM
Another tip when it gets close - slap the tracking number into AAE. Their tracking has always been SCHMICK in my dealings. A couple of times i was able to ring them late on a Friday as their own tracking showed it just in house when the fedex site was a step behind. Due to this i had my beloved package for the weekend instead of Monday. We all know how important that is :D

This info is spot on. Fedex site shows it still in customs in Alexandria. AAE shows it delivered and signed for by my son who was home. Top info TNO.

TheNuclearOne
9th October 2012, 06:04 PM
This info is spot on. Fedex site shows it still in customs in Alexandria. AAE shows it delivered and signed for by my son who was home. Top info TNO.

Cheers Ash, glad to help.