PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Ping Anser Irons

pingmanjas
2nd October 2012, 08:45 PM
Had a look at the new Anser irons today they look fairly similar to my i20s. Anyone hit them?

Mububban
2nd October 2012, 11:46 PM
Apparently a bit softer than i20, and i20 is supposed to be exceptionally soft for a cast club.

Good little 2 minute review here, the guy hit the i20 and Anser back to back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxTQYB68u2c

6 minute review here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbLqWF-eia0

pingmanjas
3rd October 2012, 11:09 AM
So pretty much a forged version of the i20.

idgolfguy
3rd October 2012, 11:22 AM
Why would you buy forged Ping irons? It's not their core technology or skillset.

If I am going to play cavities, I'd play Pings.

Forged irons with bits soldered on to make them cavities are not forged and don't make sense to me. I call this approach 'Marketecture.'

Planet Golf
3rd October 2012, 12:15 PM
Why would you buy forged Ping irons? It's not their core technology or skillset.

If I am going to play cavities, I'd play Pings.

Forged irons with bits soldered on to make them cavities are not forged and don't make sense to me. I call this approach 'Marketechture.'

I agree entirely, if you are going to buy forged, I would only look at the Japanese brands or Titleist. That said though, PING never seem to release a dud to the market, be it drivers, irons, putters, bags etc, their quality control and consumer testing must be brilliant.

Titleist had a good track record until the 907 drivers which crashed and burned.

pingmanjas
3rd October 2012, 12:21 PM
The Anser irons would appeal to Ping loyalists players wanting a buttery feeling club would go Japanese.

idgolfguy
3rd October 2012, 12:36 PM
Marketecture - provide architecture/design to fill a void that the marketing team defines.

spanner039
3rd October 2012, 12:49 PM
I got the "old" Ansers coming off the i15's and feel wise there is no real difference - but the head shape and workability far surpasses the i15's.

I did have a hit of the 2012 version and really couldn't tell any difference between the new and the old, and i prefer the shape of the old versions.

I would use the 2012 version but not until prices come down as they did with the original's.

Also i really didnt expect them to feel like J40's or MP's and use them not cause they are forged, but because i like them and they work.

Progolfgear
4th October 2012, 12:57 PM
I would have a set of Ping Anser irons in my bag right now if they weren't soo expensive :(

pingmanjas
4th October 2012, 09:45 PM
I would have a set of Ping Anser irons in my bag right now if they weren't soo expensive :( Unlike Taylor made you will have to wait a while for ping to superseed them.