PDA

View Full Version : WA: Saturday, 13th October

Ashes
2nd October 2012, 09:03 AM
Looking for a mid-morning hit on Saturday, 13th somewhere. NI assume most have club committments Saturday morning but thought I'd put it out there.

Will probably play in a PGN comp at either Maylands or Secret Harbour (guests welcome) but open to other ideas if someone is looking for a hit.

Shadesy
2nd October 2012, 09:51 AM
Looking for a mid-morning hit on Saturday, 13th somewhere. NI assume most have club committments Saturday morning but thought I'd put it out there.

Will probably play in a PGN comp at either Maylands or Secret Harbour (guests welcome) but open to other ideas if someone is looking for a hit.

Played Kennedy Bay before?

I may be able to get you on but the greens still won't be at their best?

Ashes
2nd October 2012, 09:55 AM
Played it twice, but only on corporate days and not for years. You've seen me putt so you'd know cored greens would not affect my game...

Definitely up for a hit if you can get me on. What Time do you normally tee off?

Shadesy
2nd October 2012, 09:57 AM
Played it twice, but only on corporate days and not for years. You've seen me putt so you'd know cored greens would not affect my game...

Definitely up for a hit if you can get me on. What Time do you normally tee off?

Haha 6.30-7 but if was to get a guest on it might be a later (9am) tee off.

Ashes
2nd October 2012, 10:03 AM
I'd have to get up at 5 at the latest to get down to KB for a 6.30 tee off!! Haha

If you can get me on and the later tee time doesn't put you out that would be awesome!

Nuffie
4th October 2012, 02:38 PM
Club Champs time for me I'm afraid Ashes. Kennedy is always a good option if Shades can get you in.

Playing KB in the morning is magic, no winds, peaceful and worth the trip.

Ashes
10th October 2012, 11:52 PM
Thought I'd bump this for one last roll of the dice, otherwise I'm off solo to the PGN comp (strokeplay) at Secret Harbour...

Last time I played stroke there (one of my handicap rounds) I shot 121 which doesn't bode well. Did a Tin Cup / Daly on the 17th dropping about 4 consecutively in the drink.

tommyg
12th October 2012, 01:39 AM
Maybe i could join you for a pgn round at vines sunday instead Ashes?

Nuffie
12th October 2012, 01:45 AM

Played Ellenbrook 1st, 2nd, 12th and 13th this arvo after playing the Lakes front 9.

The Ellenbrook greens are recovering nicely with good growth, still just a tad slow but should be good come this Sun boys.

I'll be in rd 4 of the club champs on Lakes somewhere.

Golfnut
12th October 2012, 07:49 AM
How's the bunkers?

Ashes
12th October 2012, 10:13 AM

Wish I could mate. Unfortunately I've got family committments on the next few Sundays. Looks like tomorrow will be my only golf prior to champs :neutral:

TourFit
12th October 2012, 11:27 AM
Good luck mate! Make sure you beat that 121 from last time.

My wife seems to have met & befriended Mrs Pieface...I'm told I am not playing any golf this weekend at all.

Pieface
12th October 2012, 12:15 PM
Boo b****y hoo 'Fitty.

Did you do any actual work this week? ;)

Ashes
12th October 2012, 12:57 PM
Good luck mate! Make sure you beat that 121 from last time.

My wife seems to have met & befriended Mrs Pieface...I'm told I am not playing any golf this weekend at all.

Cheers Fit. I've decided not to nominate it as a PGN Club Champs round so I'll probably come out firing. Confidence is starting to return and I have a feeling things are about to click for a good score :)

TourFit
12th October 2012, 01:22 PM
Boo b****y hoo 'Fitty.

Did you do any actual work this week? ;)

Now now, no need to be like that...no golf = just a 'normal' weekend for you, isn't it?

And I did do some, yes! I was only out of the office on Tuesday for a game that had been booked in for 6 months!

Yossarian
15th October 2012, 12:02 PM
So how did it go? Sandbags deployed?

TourFit
15th October 2012, 01:19 PM
Nope. Flagged round resulted in LOWEST HANDICAP EVER...

(Woops!)

Ashes
15th October 2012, 01:40 PM
Was absolute carnage at Secret Harbour on Saturday. Blowing a gale, rain, quite a few tees pushed back to the blacks, and some tight pin placings. Majority of scores were in the 80's and 90's (nett). I noticed a few single figure players barely miss raising the bat off the stick. Only two in the field of 40 odd played to their cap...

Shadesy
15th October 2012, 01:59 PM
Sooooooo.. not a good score then Ashes?

It was relatively calm in the Morning at KB, 19 points with a (4 pointer) is good right?

Ashes
15th October 2012, 02:08 PM
Sooooooo.. not a good score then Ashes?

It was relatively calm in the Morning at KB, 19 points with a (4 pointer) is good right?

No score at all... Ended up in thick kack just off the fairway first hole and ****ed my back trying to hit out of it. Battled on for a bit but then ****ed the back even worse on the 7th and then hoisted the white flag. At that stage (after six holes completed) I was around 16-18 over...

19 points would have been about par at SH. How was it not windy at KB???

Johnny Canuck
15th October 2012, 02:19 PM
Different definitions of windy. Once I became a Kb member, my definition of windy changed significantly.

Ashes
15th October 2012, 02:27 PM
True. To be honest, the PGN choppers made it seem like it was worse.

Never seen someone pump 3 tee shots into the shit, not find one of them then go back to the tee and pump 2 more out there..

Shadesy
15th October 2012, 02:43 PM
I played in the morning and missed all the rain. I don't remember it being Windy as it when you top the ball so much, you don't really get affected by the wind.

Wednesday WAS windy.

TourFit
15th October 2012, 04:32 PM
Never seen someone pump 3 tee shots into the shit, not find one of them then go back to the tee and pump 2 more out there..

Rubin was there...? :lol: Thought he was off getting clipped by a car?

Ashes
15th October 2012, 04:48 PM
Rubin would have nothing on this guy. The good news is, he repeated the dose later in the round, although only put two in the shit and then found the fairway when he came back to play a third..