PDA

View Full Version : Taylormade CB Irons

Hatchman
2nd October 2012, 01:16 AM
Have just played my 5th game in 3 weeks since getting some Taylormade CB's second hand for a good price. These were being sold as only having 4 rounds played with them and I believe every word of that as I struggled to find an impact mark on the face of any iron yet alone any scratches on the bottoms.

Must say I absolutely love these irons. They feel heavy in the head which is how I like my irons to feel. The ball comes off solid with a medium to high penetrating ball flight. After going through a stage where I wanted a lower ball flight (got that with my Titeist DCI 990's and Ping I3 Blades) I came to realised that I much preferred hitting the ball higher. I've been playing DG S300 & JZ Stiff shafts for a while and was nearly going to pass on the CB's because they were DG XP R300's but took a gamble. So glad I did and a little surprised at how straight I hit these things (been to fitting days years ago and always had more consistent dispersion with firmer shafts even thou all indicators recommended I used std shafts). I was expecting to be allowing for a bit of a shape (draw) but right from day dot they were flying so straight using my usual swing. Bad swings are coming off the same as previous clubs.

Anyone else out there using/used a set of these and how do/did you hitting them?