PDA

View Full Version : Anyone gaming the Adams CMB irons?

career4jerry
29th September 2012, 07:56 AM
Kinda look like the AP2s, but with better stock shafts and grips and a few $$ cheaper.

But has anyone hit these and thoughts?

nudgee
29th September 2012, 08:29 AM
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/30762-Adams-CMB

career4jerry
29th September 2012, 08:34 AM
Thanks J, now people got me thinking in the c tapers. Maybe I should get the std kbs tour or maybe even the custom series.

I also thought that c taper is low launch and stiffer.

timinsa
My next set....give me a couple of weeks.

career4jerry
You went with std c tapers shaft, Tim?

Captain Nemo
29th September 2012, 09:22 AM
I thought they where aimed at low-marker players?

timinsa
29th September 2012, 09:43 AM
Cheers for that. :mrgreen: I blame the kids for my sliding handicap...

I use C-tapers in a couple of my sets now so I will be using them in these too.

Captain Nemo
29th September 2012, 10:12 AM
Hahaha, not aimed at anyone in particular, just thought these would be the low-marker/players/pro's irons.....:lol:

nudgee
29th September 2012, 10:16 AM
These are quite forgiving, but still need to put a decent swing on them ( just like every iron I guess).

I have used c tapers in other sets but they are not in my top five iron shafts picks.

career4jerry
29th September 2012, 10:27 AM
I put myself down as can hit but can't putt.. mid marker.. there is always that factor...

Hahaha, not aimed at anyone in particular, just thought these would be the low-marker/players/pro's irons.....:lol:

career4jerry
29th September 2012, 10:28 AM
decent swings are no problems... just interested to know how the flight compares, i game the NSPRO 1150 stiff at the moment.

not sure what other shaft i should try, didn't really like the PX or DG.

These are quite forgiving, but still need to put a decent swing on them ( just like every iron I guess).

I have used c tapers in other sets but they are not in my top five iron shafts picks.

timinsa
29th September 2012, 10:52 AM
NS pro = North Pole
C Taper = South Pole.

goonie
29th September 2012, 02:12 PM
Don't the 1150 nippons play like DG's just not as harsh? It's the lower weight ns pros that are noddles.

Stuartd147
30th September 2012, 07:26 AM
"noddles"??? I just went from SL300s to stiff 950gh's in my Miuras and like them so far, the longer/mid irons go higher (me like), picked up about 1/2 club length and golfer's elbow almost gone. I do feel like I can hit them as hard as I like, ball just goes further.

On the CMB's....when we were in Hawaii I went into a golf shop to try the new Mizuno JPX 825pro's with the PXi shafts and they had a CMB set there too...the CMBs felt the best and gave best results even though the C Tapers were stiff. Would love to try a set on the course with reg's....stu

Hux
30th September 2012, 08:51 AM
Do some research on the C Tapers. The R+ C Tapers actually FCM at 5.7 or 5.8 and the S+ at 6.3.
S300's and PX 5.5 both FCM at about the same as the CTaper R+.

So unless you demo and are sure you can easily handle the S+ you would be wise to consider swallowing your pride and going down to the Reg+ shafts.

number9
1st October 2012, 05:34 PM
I have gamed s300 s/l and kbs tour stiff. The c-tapers have a slightly lower ball flight with a normal swing, but the irons are workable enough to get it up there.
they are a much better stick then people may give credit :D