PDA

View Full Version : NZ vs AUS - Tri NAtions Rugby League

Grunt
15th October 2005, 07:18 PM
We are getting smashed in the footy 18 - 0 so far 10 min to go i nthe 1st half.

Grunt
15th October 2005, 07:43 PM
Come back before halftime 18 -18

Fishman Dan
15th October 2005, 08:39 PM
Beaten.

Good aussie team too - that's what happens when you have a national team stacked with the leagues highest paid losers.

Didn't see the spear-tackle. What happened to the sin-bin. Apparently it's a dodgy one.

terryand
15th October 2005, 09:01 PM
Was a prettyy bad tackle Fishy,landed right on his head and shoulder(luckily for him) with his full weight above him.

Terry.

3oneday
15th October 2005, 11:15 PM
hmmm, what do you expect from a coach that has forgotten how to win ??? That 9 straight losses for Bennett now ?? Bloody Qlders :P :P

:lol: :lol:

Jarro
15th October 2005, 11:53 PM
Kiwis came out firing pretty early and took our lads by surprise..... they deserved their win alright, but the Aussies gave them a lot of help by dropping the ball at just the right moment :roll:

Good for the game though, kinda like the Poms winning the Ashes.... it hurts but you know that the game as a whole will be better off for it 8)

Trung
16th October 2005, 12:01 AM
Couldn't the KIWIs found a NZ sponsor for their shirts. I found the MALAYSIAN (airline logo) on their shirt a bit silly for a New Zealand national team.

Jarro
16th October 2005, 12:28 AM
Couldn't the KIWIs found a NZ sponsor for their shirts. I found the MALAYSIAN (airline logo) on their shirt a bit silly for a New Zealand national team.

what about the Chrisco logo on the front :smt078

Grunt
16th October 2005, 06:17 AM
Talking about Bennett, did you hear how Gould gave it to him (indirectly) when Tahu got injured and replaced him with Waterhouse? "Why put a backrower in for a winger and put him in the centre's", "I would have brought on Gower switched Lockyer to fullback and put Mini on the wing" were some of his statements.
I don't agree with Gould much but I think he was right this time.He brought it up again when Waterhouse came out of the line and let the kiwi's score.

CobraSS
16th October 2005, 06:37 AM
I think it would be fair to say Gould and Bennett have a mutual loathing of each other..

Jarro
16th October 2005, 06:40 AM
Grant, WB is a firm believer in NOT weakening a position to strengthen another .... he's said it lots of times at the broncos.

In his opinion it was a better option to put waterhouse in the centres, rather than reshuffle the whole backline. I tend to think he made the right decision.

Let's face it, that wasn't what lost us the game :oops:

for what it's worth though, i'd LOVE to see Lockyer back at fullback again. I think it's the position where he's most dangerous and also the spot where he's played his best football.

Grunt
16th October 2005, 06:43 AM
Yeah maybe but remember Mini was a winger before he was a fullback, Gower played 5/8 when Drew ( i think it was him) was at Penrith and we all know how good a fullback Lockyer is. So I can't really see how it would weaken the team that much as having a Centre who has not played that position in years.

Jarro
16th October 2005, 06:48 AM
i know what you're saying Grant, and believe me, i agree with you.

It's just that we don't have any say in it ... do we :wink:

on a side note, what about all the crap going on at the Dragons :shock: man that's one football side that's tearing itself apart. Just finished reading that Gasnier has said he's considering going to the rah rah code .... IF they make a move on him :roll:

BrisWesty
16th October 2005, 06:55 AM

what about the Chrisco logo on the front  :smt078

Didn't seem to 'hamper' them, did it.

Jarro
16th October 2005, 06:56 AM
good one BW :lol:

Grunt
16th October 2005, 07:03 AM
Maybe the logo made the aussie's think of their Christmas holidays? Hampers on the front , Airline on the back.

damoocow
16th October 2005, 09:28 AM
what a game - still smiling !

damoocow

jaster
16th October 2005, 09:56 AM
As if Australia didn't throw this game to keep peoples interest in the tri series...oh lets just drop a few balls in the 2nd half :roll: This happens time and time again, Aussies lost the first game and come back to steamroll, let's see if it happens for the rest of the series :P