PDA

View Full Version : Top-Flite Gamer V2 - WA group order

Mububban
26th September 2012, 01:13 PM
The much-vaunted Top Flite Gamer V2 balls are in stock! Squizzy just emailed me saying :

We have 144dz available @ $19.99 per dozen, and postage is $12 for as many as you want

So who in WA wants to order some with me and split postage? I'll get them delivered to my home in the northern suburbs. I work in Karrinyup. If you're SoR we'll arrange something.

If you're interested, email me at mububban23 at hotmail dot com and you can send me money via Paypal or EFT.

Assuming they haven't sold out by then, I'll place my order on Wednesday October 3rd which should give people time to transfer money factoring in the Monday public holiday.

Mububban
28th September 2012, 10:01 AM
Bump for Perthies, if nobody is interested I'll order sooner :-)

oncewasagolfer
28th September 2012, 11:16 AM
If you were intending on buying in bulk wouldn't you be able to negotiate a better price? Have you checked out golfbox? They are from wa and have some good deals with free shipping i.e. callaway tour-is $79 for 3 dozen, penta tp5 $33 a dozen.

idgolfguy
28th September 2012, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the offer. However, Golfbox have Tour is for under $29. I think $25. I'll go with those.

oncewasagolfer
28th September 2012, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the offer. However, Golfbox have Tour is for under $29. I think $25. I'll go with those. Great minds:)

simmsy
28th September 2012, 12:04 PM
see Cally Hex Tour Blk now $39!

TourFit
28th September 2012, 12:25 PM
Callaway, when they bought Top Flite, gave them the continued independence to create their new balls (at the lower price point). So when Top Flite came up with the Dimple in Dimple technology in the first series, the numbers were SO good on the monitors that Callaway decided they would use it in THEIR Cally Tour balls (thus replacing Hex)...Top Flite told them to basically get f**ked.

I used the original D2 Feel ball, mainly as a winter ball and then used the original Gamer for a while too (again mainly in winter and/or social hits). It is a LOT of ball for the money!!! Quite possibly the best performing ball I've EVER hit in the wind.

Mububban
28th September 2012, 12:38 PM
I'm going to get 2 dozen to try, that's $2.16 per ball.

Hex Chrome is on the list to try, as is TP5, but although they're much the same price ($2.75 per ball) I can easily source those at any time, whereas the Gamer V2 is harder to find.

I also don't want to buy and love the TP5 and then have the price go back up to $45/dozen :) I've just started breaking 100 regularly so I'm not up for spending big on top level balls just yet.

Hopefully seeing Tourfit on Tuesday for a club fitting will shave a couple of strokes off too :)

TourFit
28th September 2012, 12:56 PM
This review is pretty good....although it's hard to know his motivation and biases. But very positive I would have thought. I found the same thing with the D2 Feel and the Gamer v1.

http://golfballed.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76:top-flite-gamer-v2&catid=59:top-flite&Itemid=99

Mububban, can you get me 2 doz as well? Happy to share the freight on 4 doz with you.

Daves
28th September 2012, 02:13 PM
The Gamer V2 is an excellent ball for the money. I used the V1 for quite a while when they first came out. Still have some in fact that I use from time to time. I tried the V2 recently and it was an even better ball. For $20 a doz, they are a bargain. Having said that, the TM TP5 is also a sensational ball for $32/33 a doz if you want an absolute premium ball. And I just bought some Yellow Bridgy 2011 RXs for $27 a doz, another good value deal out there at the moment.

Mububban
28th September 2012, 04:07 PM
Mububban, can you get me 2 doz as well? Happy to share the freight on 4 doz with you.

Well I'm seeing you on Tuesday afternoon so if you can drop me $46 (or deduct it from you fee for club adjustments) I'll order them together, 2 doz for you and 2 doz for me