PDA

View Full Version : WA: Kb wed 26th sept

rubin
24th September 2012, 11:37 AM
Anyone keen? Im thinking i'd like to have a hit in the wed comp there. Early morning tee off hopefully.

Shadesy
24th September 2012, 12:10 PM
Been Cored last Wednesday. Were Terrible Saturday (as to be expected), and 12th Fairway been done too.

Course is still in good Condition and with a bit of Rain should be OK, but I would give it 4 weeks if you don't want to play on cored Greens.

sms316
24th September 2012, 12:20 PM
Course is still in good Condition and with a bit of Rain should be OK, but I would give it 4 weeks if you don't want to play on cored Greens. Good plan since we are playing there in 5.

Golfnut
24th September 2012, 12:48 PM
Good plan since we are playing there in 5. I'll say.....shesh!KB's been slow to recover in the past, surely 4 wks will be enough hey shades?

Johnny Canuck
24th September 2012, 01:04 PM
It is very slow on the recovery. Might need to breakout a belly putter if it is too bumpy.

sms316
24th September 2012, 01:14 PM
Has Mrs Nuck punched out the kid yet?

Johnny Canuck
24th September 2012, 01:39 PM
Has Mrs Nuck punched out the kid yet? Negative.

Shadesy
24th September 2012, 01:41 PM
When I booked KB, I knew they were Coring Middle of Sept, though that would be plenty of time.

I have no idea on these things, I imagine 4 weeks is plenty, especially as we are meant to have some rain this week.

Last year they came back faster than normal as we had some really good weather (i believe Rain Early on in the process, followed by some dry weather, then just a touch more water (rain) before a really good cut and Roll? Golfnut?

We all know the greens are always a touch soft anyway.

idgolfguy
24th September 2012, 01:42 PM
Has Mrs Nuck punched out the kid yet?

Negative.
JC family - typical - leave it till the last minute.

Johnny Canuck
24th September 2012, 01:49 PM
Must be a boy. It is late.

Golfnut
24th September 2012, 02:17 PM
When I booked KB, I knew they were Coring Middle of Sept, though that would be plenty of time.I have no idea on these things, I imagine 4 weeks is plenty, especially as we are meant to have some rain this week.Last year they came back faster than normal as we had some really good weather (i believe Rain Early on in the process, followed by some dry weather, then just a touch more water (rain) before a really good cut and Roll? Golfnut?We all know the greens are always a touch soft anyway. The coming weather over the next 2 weeks is very ideal for most types of lawn renovation....rain mainly this week and nice warm sunny days over the weekend and into next week.....good growing conditions. If it came back quicker than expected last year, that's a good sign.

Jeffo1123
24th September 2012, 07:57 PM
Negative. So your fine to play ball then tomorrow night?? HahaI would have been super keen Rubes as I am flying to Bali that night and off work Wednesday but I've put my name down at kwinana and it's a team event so don't wanna pull out and piss them off with a day to go!!

Yossarian
26th September 2012, 02:19 PM
did you play rubes? Super weather for it...