PDA

View Full Version : EOI: Ozgolf VIC champs 2013 - Feb 15-18

LeftyHoges
23rd September 2012, 11:19 AM
Hey fellow southerners. Just putting a feeler out there for any interest in having a VIC champs. Obviously it's not going to be as big as some of the other states but I don't see why we can't get 15-20 people together if we get our thinking caps on and pool ideas. Reading the "fast greens" thread has got me hankering to play Buninyong again and there is also great courses in Midlands and Ballarat GC as well. So Ballarat was my first thought as it is fairly central to everyone. Of course there is always Melbourne too, which we all know has some fine courses we could get on to.

Let me know your thoughts.

Edited 27-09-12: OK, so it looks like down the coast for half and SE Melbourne for the other half. Propose to play Eastern GC or Settlers Run on Friday 15th with a lunch-time hitoff. Then onto St Andrews Beach for a lunch-time hitoff on Saturday. Sunday will be Moonah Legends from around 8:30 hitoff to allow the visitors time to get back to the airport if they don't want to stick around but they should as the Monday game will be at the beautiful Spring Valley.

Accomodation will be available on Thursday, Friday and Sunday nights at andigolds hotel on St Kilda Rd near the city (sorry Andi, the name escapes me), and will get group accomodation down in Rye for the Saturday night.

Please note: This is the proposed plan. Very little has been actually booked so far, but thought I should update people as to where I'm at and what I'm looking at with the planning. If you believe you can help with any of these details or have anything better to offer please speak within the next 24 hours or forever hold your peace!

Love
Lefty

List of interested parties:
LeftyHoges
Kev
Goldy
Iain
Popper81
SMS316
LarryLong
Chinaski
Oz
Mint
Spanner039
Courty
Marto65
Virge666
FlowerGirl
JohnnyBoy
PeteyD
andigold
ozdevil
Shazza_RS
Peter_RS
BenM
HCC
Muldude
IanO

kev
23rd September 2012, 01:23 PM
Go for it.

LeftyHoges
23rd September 2012, 04:12 PM
Times would be good to consider too. Maybe March which still has decent weather so we're not clashing with the WAnker champs or the real champs. (See what I did there...)

Goldy
23rd September 2012, 04:21 PM
I'd be interested in this one.

Iain
23rd September 2012, 05:22 PM
I'd be interested in coming down if a date can be organised early enough, so I can apply for leave?

LeftyHoges
23rd September 2012, 05:32 PM
Hmmm...

If we're gonna get interstaters here we may need to go Melbourne or either peninsula, Ballarat may be too hard to get to for some of them.

Late march for a proposed date? 16th - 17th or 23rd - 24th?

popper81
23rd September 2012, 05:39 PM
I would have some interest... Never been to Vic, why not go for golf!

sms316
23rd September 2012, 05:40 PM
Hmmm...If we're gonna get interstaters here we may need to go Melbourne or either peninsula, Ballarat may be too hard to get to for some of them.Late march for a proposed date? 16th - 17th or 23rd - 24th? I'd be interested but I can't see dates aligning for this. Pennant until April and too frikken cold down there after that for 5 months.

LeftyHoges
23rd September 2012, 05:45 PM
I'd be interested but I can't see dates aligning for this. Pennant until April and too frikken cold down there after that for 5 months.

Yes, that is true for the weather and I usually have champs around that time too. Maybe not the best time. If I'm gonna propose the idea I should look after myself as well. ;-) Maybe late Feb? Vic doesn't get that hot. :-)

LarryLong
23rd September 2012, 08:08 PM
Seems like a good idea Lefty. I like the idea of late Feb, early March. That's about the best time for good (maybe even too hot) weather and it doesn't interfere with cricket finals (although you'd want to avoid clashing with the Australia Day long weekend).

Ballarat? I like it because my inlaws are there and the wife won't mind, but I'm thinking the Melbournites will push for the Mornington Peninsula. Ironically, it's probably a longer and harder drive to get to, say, Rosebud from the airport than Ballarat despite the distance. Of course, Bellarine Peninsula also suits me pretty well. :) I'd also jump at the Warrnambool/Port Fairy double, but I guess that would limit numbers.

Count me in. :smt023

LeftyHoges
23rd September 2012, 08:22 PM
A Warrnambool / Port Fairy double would be awesome but just too hard for interstaters unless melbournites were very generous with car pooling. Peninsula could work.

jaybam
23rd September 2012, 08:52 PM
Melbourne in march will be a night mare. The f1 is on the second weekend of march. Not that I would make it. Just putting it out there.

PeteyD
23rd September 2012, 08:59 PM
How far is it out to Warrnambool / Port Fairy?

LeftyHoges
23rd September 2012, 09:27 PM
How far is it out to Warrnambool / Port Fairy?

About 3.5 hours from Tullamarine airport, which most people would fly in to.

chinaski
24th September 2012, 12:16 PM
Yep, I'd be in for it. Especially, if it's somewhere on the peninsular!

oz
24th September 2012, 12:25 PM
I'd be fairly keen to get there. Selfishly, the Ballarat or Bellarine options would be less travel for me, but I can prob make it work on the other side if the bay, too.

mint
24th September 2012, 12:45 PM
Id would be in for it mate.. I would be looking at the penninsular or down the other side like 13th beach or something simular..

LeftyHoges
24th September 2012, 12:52 PM
List of interested parties:
LeftyHoges
Kev
Goldy
Iain
Popper81
SMS316
LarryLong
Chinaski
Oz
Mint
Spanner039
Courty
Marto65
Virge666
Damoocow

spanner039
24th September 2012, 03:46 PM
This would motivate me to get a handicap again - I'm in

Wouldn't worry me where it was. It would be at least an overnighter anyways.

LeftyHoges
24th September 2012, 03:57 PM
The only thing that worries me about heading to either Peninsula is the wind. Do we really want people to be battling it out in 40km/h + winds when they're hungover and really just there to have a good time? While the courses on both sides of Port Philip are great, the weather could be a deciding factor in where this gets played.

Courty
24th September 2012, 03:57 PM
Depending on timing etc. I'd love to make the trip for this. I've enjoyed every Victorian golfing trip I've made so far.

kev
24th September 2012, 04:17 PM
Albert Park? Plenty of nearby accommodation.

LeftyHoges
24th September 2012, 04:17 PM
Getting a nice interstate interest here...

Can I get a consensus; Should we avoid later in the year as that is when the traditional champs AND the WAnker champs are usually held, and asking someone to attend 2 or 3 of these in such short time span would be too much, so early next year would be the preferred date?

LeftyHoges
24th September 2012, 04:19 PM
Albert Park? Plenty of nearby accommodation.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marto65
24th September 2012, 04:23 PM
Interest here. Late feb ideal.

Would depend on the courses chosen for me, as I've played a few down there and would like something different.

LeftyHoges
24th September 2012, 04:30 PM
I'd be interested but I can't see dates aligning for this. Pennant until April and too frikken cold down there after that for 5 months.

Cool Marto, so you've played a few on both peninsula's then?

When does your pennant start SMS?

Marto65
24th September 2012, 04:58 PM
Have played Moonah Legends, The Dunes, St Andrews Beach, Portsea and National Old on the Mornington side ... and Thirteenth Beach and Lonsdale on the Bellarine side.

If we could get a deal to stay at the RACV place and play 3 or 4 days down there ... I'd be in. Moonah Legends and St Andrews Beach were awesome ... I'd play them again no worries. I have no interest in the Dunes ... it's a track.

I've played all the good sandbelt ones too ... apart from Yarra Yarra.

sms316
24th September 2012, 05:23 PM
Cool Marto, so you've played a few on both peninsula's then?When does your pennant start SMS? Mid February through to May.

LeftyHoges
24th September 2012, 05:29 PM
Mid February through to May.

**** me drunk, that's a LONG pennant season.

sms316
24th September 2012, 05:32 PM
**** me drunk, that's a LONG pennant season. Yep. 8 teams, play each other once. Then a final in there somewhere. That is why we are trying to get out of our zone and join Sunshine Coast. Glasshouse sucks balls.

Flowergirl
24th September 2012, 06:17 PM
John and I would be interested. I wouldn't worry too much about strong wind in February on the mornington peninsula. Not really an issue that time of the year - usually. We are happy to go anywhere. Xx well done lefty.

LeftyHoges
24th September 2012, 07:08 PM
Ok, so a run down the peninsula in late Feb might be the way to go. May be able to sneak on to one of the sandbelt courses on Monday or Friday for those interested.

Any preference of course for the actual champs themselves. Moonah?

SMS, can you miss one week of pennant if its early in the season?

virge666
24th September 2012, 08:21 PM
Commonwealth and huntingdale please

Courty
24th September 2012, 08:38 PM
Any preference of course for the actual champs themselves. Moonah?

What Marto said, Moonah Legends & St. Andrews Beach. That said, don't take too much notice about what I say as I'm only 50/50.

chinaski
24th September 2012, 08:51 PM
I second St Andrews beach and Legends. Both ripper courses.

kev
24th September 2012, 09:18 PM
If FlowerGirl is in we're not going anywhere near StAB!

LeftyHoges
24th September 2012, 09:37 PM
Commonwealth and huntingdale please

Huntingdale?! WTF?! Most overrated course in Melbourne.

damoocow
25th September 2012, 05:42 AM
Registering my interest in this.

Flowergirl
25th September 2012, 07:58 AM
Sounds great. I can help out organising if you like Lefty seeing it's in my backyard. Depending on where everyone is staying my home club would be a great venue for dinner/drinks if we can get a shuttle.
Accomodation at Peppers Moonah Links is pretty pricey as is the resturant/bar.
RACV Cape Schank Resort is a better option or Fairways which is at Rosebud Country Club - but I wouldn't advise playing there.
Just let me know if you want me to check out anything.

Courty
25th September 2012, 08:05 AM
I thought we were all crashing on your lounge room floor. ;)

Flowergirl
25th September 2012, 08:43 AM
Well that goes without saying!!

LeftyHoges
25th September 2012, 08:50 AM
I thought we were all crashing on your lounge room floor. ;)

That's what she told me! ;)

OK, so without speaking to any courses or accomodation, I'm going to try and pull this off on the weekend of the 23rd and 24th of February. I'll look at booking for 15-20 for St Andrews beach on Saturday and Moonah Links legends on Sunday. If you guys are really nice to me I'll see what I can do to get us on to Yarra Yarra or similar sandbelt courses for Monday / Friday. If you interstaters are coming down we want to treat you to the best. I'll even volunteer to be a shuttle from the airport to hotels etc on Thursday night / Friday morning, but hire cars will probably be your best bet.

Anyone have any massive conflicts with that weekend date?

Bruce
25th September 2012, 09:01 AM
Cape Schanck is worth adding to courses to consider, maybe as a pre/post round and they will accept largish bookings.

LeftyHoges
25th September 2012, 09:10 AM
Well, on the accomodation front Moonah is ridiculously pricey and Cape Schanck may well be booked out that weekend.

Hmmm, more investigation needed.

The weekend prior of the 16th and 17th could work for Cape Schanck accomodation at this stage.

chinaski
25th September 2012, 09:14 AM
That's what she told me! ;)

OK, so without speaking to any courses or accomodation, I'm going to try and pull this off on the weekend of the 23rd and 24th of February. I'll look at booking for 15-20 for St Andrews beach on Saturday and Moonah Links legends on Sunday. If you guys are really nice to me I'll see what I can do to get us on to Yarra Yarra or similar sandbelt courses for Monday / Friday. If you interstaters are coming down we want to treat you to the best. I'll even volunteer to be a shuttle from the airport to hotels etc on Thursday night / Friday morning, but hire cars will probably be your best bet.

Anyone have any massive conflicts with that weekend date?

Sounds excellent Lefty

It's in my iCal!

Nepean Country Club might be another accommodation possibility? It's right next door to Eagle Ridge and only a few mins from Moonah and StAB.

Marto65
25th September 2012, 09:19 AM
I reckon RACV Resort would be awesome ...

* Possible Friday Venue
* Possible venue for a quick nine hole foresomes/ambrose/shootout after a morning(?) round in the champs ...

Flowergirl
25th September 2012, 09:23 AM
There are a lot of holiday rentals down here that accomodate up to 10 people that can work out to be a good deal. Plenty online that you can search.

kev
25th September 2012, 11:15 AM
weekend of the 23rd and 24th of February. Anyone have any massive conflicts with that weekend date?

I won't be able make it that weekend. Unless I can convince the kids it'll be fun to drive around a couple of golf courses :)

Puji
25th September 2012, 11:18 AM
I'm keen for this. Be good to meet a few ozgolfers.

popper81
25th September 2012, 01:08 PM
Not that it matters overly, but looking at dates, those weekend will work for me... Uni exams will be the first week of Feb, so I will be all good to travel. If it happens to fall on exam week, so be it... Any other time, I think I can make it happen. I have never been to Melbourne, but I hear the coffee and shopping is to die for, maybe that's why I haven't bothered ;)

sms316
25th September 2012, 01:23 PM
Not that it matters overly, but looking at dates, those weekend will work for me... Uni exams will be the first week of Feb, so I will be all good to travel. If it happens to fall on exam week, so be it... Any other time, I think I can make it happen. I have never been to Melbourne, but I hear the coffee and shopping is to die for, maybe that why I haven't bothered ;) It's grey and dreary

LeftyHoges
25th September 2012, 02:37 PM
Cape Schanck accommodation looks A LOT better for the weekend of the 16th and 17th. Any violent objections to that date?

kev
25th September 2012, 02:46 PM
Good for me.

chinaski
25th September 2012, 02:52 PM
Fine for me too

Marto65
25th September 2012, 02:56 PM
Nil Objectionae

LeftyHoges
25th September 2012, 03:11 PM
OK, to get a sense of whether Cape Schanck accommodation would even be a goer, it looks like the per person rate in a 3 bedroom villa would be $125 AT THE MEMBER RATE, if I could talk them into that for a group booking.

Yay or nay?

chinaski
25th September 2012, 03:23 PM
So, $125 a night i presume?

Seems fine to me...

LeftyHoges
25th September 2012, 03:57 PM
OK, to get a sense of whether Cape Schanck accommodation would even be a goer, it looks like the per person rate in a 3 bedroom villa would be $125 AT THE MEMBER RATE, if I could talk them into that for a group booking.

Yay or nay?

Situation is moot anyway, Cape Schanck has not the rooms to house 20-30. Back to the drawing board.

Flowergirl
25th September 2012, 04:20 PM
Have you looked at Fairway Motel?

LeftyHoges
25th September 2012, 04:38 PM
Have you looked at Fairway Motel?

Fairways resort @ Rosebud? Not yet, but could be a goer as I've found little else. What are the rates like? Likely to be booked out for 14th-17th Feb?

chinaski
25th September 2012, 04:48 PM
Yep, Fairways looks alright. Or there's always something like this?

http://www.stayz.com.au/24969?checkin=15%2F02%2F2013&numNights=2&minPrice=&maxPrice=&numGuests=20&searchRef-specialOffers=false&searchRef-lastMinDeals=false&acceptsOnlinePayment=false&locationLevel=3&rating=0

LeftyHoges
25th September 2012, 04:50 PM
$85 inc Cart for Saturday round at St. Andrews Beach. Lunchtime hitoff.

No objections?

LeftyHoges
25th September 2012, 04:52 PM
Yep, Fairways looks alright. Or there's always something like this?

http://www.stayz.com.au/24969?checkin=15%2F02%2F2013&numNights=2&minPrice=&maxPrice=&numGuests=20&searchRef-specialOffers=false&searchRef-lastMinDeals=false&acceptsOnlinePayment=false&locationLevel=3&rating=0

Yeah, found plenty of those but they all seem to sleep less than what they say. Mostly due to blokes having to sleep together in double / queen beds. We like each other but I don't know if it's that much! ;-)

LeftyHoges
25th September 2012, 05:22 PM
I see you lurking there andigold! ;-)

Any friends in the accommodation business and / or any chance of getting on to Spring Valley for our Monday game at a good rate?

kev
25th September 2012, 05:23 PM
kpac's pretty good at finding decent accommodation.

LeftyHoges
25th September 2012, 05:24 PM
kpac's pretty good at finding decent accommodation.

Has he fallen off the face of the planet?

kev
25th September 2012, 05:27 PM
Sorry, Lefty, old joke. He apparently managed to find a nice roach/flee infested place last time he booked accommodation down that way :)

PeteyD
25th September 2012, 05:28 PM
Put me in as interested.

LeftyHoges
25th September 2012, 05:45 PM
Sorry, Lefty, old joke. He apparently managed to find a nice roach/flee infested place last time he booked accommodation down that way :)

That does sound familiar now that you mention it!

Put me in as interested.

Good stuff Petey!

andigold
25th September 2012, 05:52 PM
I see you lurking there andigold! ;-)

Any friends in the accommodation business and / or any chance of getting on to Spring Valley for our Monday game at a good rate?

Busted!! :) I'm interested in playing in this Lefty. I can also help with accom at my hotel on St Kilda Rd and Monday at Spring Valley should be fine as long as there isn't a corporate day. It's about a 90 minute drive to the peninsula courses from the hotel though so it would be necessary to hire cars. I could also organise a function room (with BYO liquor) and an inexpensive dinner for the Saturday night if that suited. Lets see how it evolves.

ozdevil
25th September 2012, 08:34 PM
I could very well be interested in this chin dig of a golf game...

As flowergirl suggested there is other alternatives rather then booking out resorts or motel accomadation.

Holiday house's around that area are very reasonably priced and could work out alot cheaper for everyone if the pitch in some dollars each

I did this with a group of guys a year or 2 back and there was about 8 of us and it only cost us 70-80 bucks a night each

something worth looking into guys and gals

holiday rental house in RYE for a 2 night minimum for say 8 people in february is $760 total approx on a quick search

it would work out $95 per person for a 2 night stay you would pay alot more in motel or racv resort

chinaski
26th September 2012, 06:11 AM
I must say I'd prefer to stay down the coast than St Kiilda Rd (please no offense andigold) and mainly due to the fact that I'm only 30-40 mins drive from Rye where I live. It'd be a bit kooky renting a hotel room in the city, then having to drive past my house to get to the course! In saying that, if the general consensus was to stay there, I'd do it and could fit another 4 in my car to take down.

LeftyHoges
26th September 2012, 04:34 PM
OK, we may have to go the route of sleeping in single bunk beds if we want to stay down near the courses.

I really need an answer from everyone if they don't want to do this. Time is running short if we want to get this done on this weekend. Otherwise we may very well be out of options as I believe Fairways Resort is booked pretty solid for this weekend.

I also need a general consensus to switching accommodation mid trip. Ie we may be able to get into andigolds hotel Thursday, Friday and Sunday nights (not that I've told him yet, consider yourself notified now Andi) :mrgreen: to play city courses on Friday and Monday, then head down the Freeway for the games on Saturday and Sunday, staying somewhere down there overnight.

I'm sorry that it may have to happen this way ladies and gents but due to very short time constraints it looks like this may be the best and / or only options.

I'm sure there will be plenty of cars available to shuttle people around. Agree VIC'S?

chinaski
26th September 2012, 05:40 PM
Yep, sounds pretty good to me Lefty.

Happy to help in any way, just sing out.

kev
26th September 2012, 06:10 PM
Agree

ozdevil
26th September 2012, 06:27 PM
guys i am happy to help out where i can i can sit 7 people and myself in my vechile and happy to hire a covered box trailer to fit golf bags etc to transport from city to what ever golf we are playing at on the saturday and sunday

damoocow
26th September 2012, 06:35 PM
Interested in this but my overseas trip accom. bookings is chewing up more money than I expected - I will give 2013 a miss but dead keen for 2014....

peter_rs
26th September 2012, 06:46 PM
What's the vic champs policy on new born's :)

Courty
26th September 2012, 06:47 PM

They're only allowed if they have an AGU handicap. ;)

LeftyHoges
26th September 2012, 07:14 PM

Everyone's allowed. Two drink minimum though... ;-)

kev
26th September 2012, 08:12 PM
Everyone's allowed. Two drink minimum though... ;-)

That'll work Shazz has 2.... err never mind....

Come on down Shazz and Pete, the more the merrier :)

LeftyHoges
26th September 2012, 08:21 PM
That'll work Shazz has 2.... err never mind....

Come on down Shazz and Pete, the more the merrier :)

Ha ha. Well played.

Absolutely, come on down RS's. We want anyone and everyone.

Plus I was going to hit you up for the spreadsheet you use for champs... ;-)

popper81
26th September 2012, 09:01 PM
This is gaining legs, I like it..... :) well done Lefty & those involved 'behind the scenes'!

LeftyHoges
26th September 2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks to all those that have offered help and advice so far. Larry, I'll reply to your PM tomorrow once I've investigated your options a little further (although from what I can see bayplay is booked out this weekend). Nepean could well be an option.

I'm putting it out to everyone right now, staying on course is NOT an option if we're going down the peninsula. I think it would be great as a second option if we could all stay together (well as many as possible) in a shared accommodation deal, there seems to be a few in Rye and Sorrento, 10 to 15 minutes from the proposed Saturday and Sunday courses.

I'm personally a big fan of Thursday, Friday and Sunday nights in andigolds hotel (if available) and playing Friday and Monday closer to the city on sandbelt courses and Saturday, Sunday down on the peninsula.

Thoughts?

BenM
26th September 2012, 09:32 PM
I would be possibly interested in making an appearance at this, dependent on funds/work commitments/etc. Always keen for more golf especially trying out some new courses!

Flowergirl
26th September 2012, 09:55 PM
I think the two accomodation venues is a good idea. Pete and shazza - if you are keen you can stay with s and i will babysit!! Xx

LeftyHoges
26th September 2012, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the input FG!

For the record if any of you missed it earlier, I've already spoken to St Andrews Beach about the Saturday game, and I'll call moonah tomorrow morning about the Sunday time slot. If we can get on to Spring Valley that'll only leave one more track to organise, and I should be able to find us something half decent without too much hassle.

LeftyHoges
26th September 2012, 11:55 PM
Course ideas for Friday:

Ranfurlie
Settlers Run
Southern GC
Eastern GC

HCC
27th September 2012, 07:13 AM
im a member of Eastern GC. Let me know if you guys need help with that.

Also IM IN. Thanks Lefty

PeteyD
27th September 2012, 07:16 AM
Lefty, what dates are you looking at? Can you put it in the first post?

muldude
27th September 2012, 09:00 AM
Ok i'm in also, should be fun.

IanO
27th September 2012, 09:14 AM
Pick me as well. Sounds like fun. I just hope that I can get away two weekends in a row as I have a 3 day event in Tocumwal the following weekend.

LeftyHoges
27th September 2012, 09:27 AM
im a member of Eastern GC. Let me know if you guys need help with that.

Also IM IN. Thanks Lefty

Beauty, thanks HCC. Would be looking at playing there on Friday 15th, can you get us a group rate for around 25-30 for a 12:00 hitoff, with and without carts (if Eastern has enough, been a while since i've played there)? Would be good with carts as we don't want to subject the interstaters to all those hills on the first day! Just a tentative at this stage, as I'm tossing up between Eastern and Settlers Run.

How's the course likely to be at that time of year?

Lefty, what dates are you looking at? Can you put it in the first post?

Amended in title for you Petey! This is just an EOI at this stage but I'm 99% certain this will be the date.

Ok i'm in also, should be fun.

Cool, love to have you there!

Pick me as well. Sounds like fun. I just hope that I can get away two weekends in a row as I have a 3 day event in Tocumwal the following weekend.

Good stuff Ian, start doing the washing, ironing and dishes now to rack up the required brownie points!

LeftyHoges
27th September 2012, 09:39 AM
Updated first post with this:

Edited 27-09-12: OK, so it looks like down the coast for half and SE Melbourne for the other half. Propose to play Eastern GC or Settlers Run on Friday 15th with a lunch-time hitoff. Then onto St Andrews Beach for a lunch-time hitoff on Saturday. Sunday will be Moonah Legends from around 8:30 hitoff to allow the visitors time to get back to the airport if they don't want to stick around but they should as the Monday game will be at the beautiful Spring Valley.

Accomodation will be available on Thursday, Friday and Sunday nights at andigolds hotel on St Kilda Rd near the city (sorry Andi, the name escapes me), and will get group accomodation down in Rye for the Saturday night.

Please note: This is the proposed plan. Very little has been actually booked so far, but thought I should update people as to where I'm at and what I'm looking at with the planning. If you believe you can help with any of these details or have anything better to offer please speak within the next 24 hours or forever hold your peace!

PeteyD
27th September 2012, 12:26 PM
Proposed plan smells bloody great. Blocking out dates now.

popper81
27th September 2012, 12:51 PM
Proposed plan smells bloody great. Blocking out dates now.

Agree with PeteyD... Although I have no idea about course.. tell me when, and how much :)

For the QLD Boys - I am thinking Thursday flights down, Monday home... But more than happy to fit in with what is easiest, when it comes to booking!

andigold
27th September 2012, 12:58 PM
I might be able to get us on at Woodlands on the Friday arvo if you wanted Lefty. Let me know if you want me to ask the question.

LeftyHoges
27th September 2012, 01:02 PM
I might be able to get us on at Woodlands on the Friday arvo if you wanted Lefty. Let me know if you want me to ask the question.

Woodlands trumps both Eastern GC and Settlers Run combined! If you could ask the question it would be greaty appreciated. I have half a contact for there but didn't really want to use him. I think everyone would be happy to pay a little extra for a top course like that! Cheers Andi!

How does those accomodation dates work out for your place? Do you have enough rooms for what looks like could be 30 people, but probably closer to 20?

LeftyHoges
27th September 2012, 01:04 PM
Agree with PeteyD... Although I have no idea about course.. tell me when, and how much :)

For the QLD Boys - I am thinking Thursday flights down, Monday home... But more than happy to fit in with what is easiest, when it comes to booking!

That's what I've tried to keep in mind, but if we can get on to Woodlands in the arvo then a Friday morning flight could work still. It's just over an hour from Tullamarine to Woodlands.

Edit: Just noticed / realised that you'll be fighting Daylight savings on that morning. So your flight will technically take just over 3 hours. Could be pushing it a little, depending on hitoff times for Woodlands / Eastern. If Settlers Run is the venue than you'll pretty much want to be here the night before.

andigold
27th September 2012, 02:55 PM
The dates are OK for Accom Lefty, Chinese new year is still hanging about for the Thursday but this far out I still have plenty of rooms. I will create a group and book us a dozen rooms now so that we don't miss out. Is everybody happy to twin share? If so I can do bed & brekky for $62.50 per person. I also have some rooms that can sleep 4 and that will drop the cost for bed & brekkie to under $50 per person if that's of interest. The hotel is the St Kilda Rd Parkview Hotel (http://www.viewhotels.com.au/st_kilda_road_parkview/index.aspx).

I'll call the GM's at Spring Valley and Woodlands and see if they have availability and if we can book it in. I can also book us a function room for the Friday night and organise dinner (BYO drinks) if people are keen.

LeftyHoges
27th September 2012, 03:10 PM
The dates are OK for Accom Lefty, Chinese new year is still hanging about for the Thursday but this far out I still have plenty of rooms. I will create a group and book us a dozen rooms now so that we don't miss out. Is everybody happy to twin share? If so I can do bed & brekky for $62.50 per person. I also have some rooms that can sleep 4 and that will drop the cost for bed & brekkie to under $50 per person if that's of interest. The hotel is the St Kilda Rd Parkview Hotel (http://www.viewhotels.com.au/st_kilda_road_parkview/index.aspx).

I'll call the GM's at Spring Valley and Woodlands and see if they have availability and if we can book it in. I can also book us a function room for the Friday night and organise dinner (BYO drinks) if people are keen.

I can't speak for everyone but I'm pretty sure that's damn good value there! Much appreciated! I think a BYO drinks dinner on Friday is a great idea. Should be plenty of time to recover from any potential hangovers before travelling down the freeway Saturday morning.

I have a call in to the tee time reservation manager at Moonah, who will call me tomorrow arvo to say yay or nay to 8:30> tee times for the Sunday round but the girl in the pro shop said this far out it should be fine.

Gaining momentum ladies and gents!

dc68
27th September 2012, 03:40 PM
I'm trying to figure out how I can make this and the Mareeba open.

ddasey
27th September 2012, 03:48 PM
I'm trying to figure out how I can make this and the Mareeba open

Borrow a bus from work, then more of us could make it :mrgreen:

LeftyHoges
27th September 2012, 03:49 PM
I'm trying to figure out how I can make this and the Mareeba open.

When's Mareeba?

AndyP
27th September 2012, 04:02 PM
Haha, LeftyHodges is addicted to OZgolf events now.

Jarro
27th September 2012, 04:05 PM

Give him time, the novelty will wear off ;)

LeftyHoges
27th September 2012, 04:18 PM
Give him time, the novelty will wear off ;)

Probably straight after organising this one, I would say... ;)

WBennett
27th September 2012, 04:58 PM
The wife has a trip away and I have the kids for a week in January. I may have just found my equaliser!

Cosmopolite
27th September 2012, 05:00 PM
Oh boy. Seriously tempted

Marto65
27th September 2012, 05:01 PM

I cant believe he hasnt entered the QLD Matchplay 2013...

Jarro
27th September 2012, 05:04 PM
Probably straight after organising this one, I would say... ;)

Nah hang in there mate, it's all worth it 8)

Flowergirl
27th September 2012, 05:45 PM
John and I will play the sat and Sunday game only and won't be staying at park royal. Two days golf is enough for us oldies. Xx doing a great job lefty. Xx

timah!
27th September 2012, 05:47 PM
There's a part of me that wants to make this. Just need to work out how to swing a leave pass with leaving the 6month old with the wife... Haha

oncewasagolfer
28th September 2012, 10:25 AM
I'd like to play in this but it is a long way off and getting away would depend on the x's willingness to have the kids.

dc68
28th September 2012, 11:42 AM
When's Mareeba? April

LeftyHoges
28th September 2012, 12:22 PM
April

Well, there's plenty of time in between these then! ;-)

popper81
28th September 2012, 12:26 PM
If these dates are as good as locked in, I am red hot for this..... Is it too early to be excited ;) ?

Now to find a suitable wing man........ hahaha!!!

LeftyHoges
28th September 2012, 12:34 PM
If these dates are as good as locked in, I am red hot for this..... Is it too early to be excited ;) ?

95% mate. Just awaiting confirmation from Moonah this arvo, St Andrews beach is as good as locked in, and we have to find accomodation for the Saturday night down on the Peninsula. Worst comes to worst we may have to do 2 group bookings in seperate places. Shoudn't be a huge drama though. It's just for one night and we'll probably go out for dinner somewhere or cook a BBQ at one of the houses.

popper81
28th September 2012, 12:41 PM
You've done well, I have no idea about the places you talk of... I have always wanted to hit up Melbourne..

timah!
28th September 2012, 12:47 PM

I'll start working on that ;)

LeftyHoges
28th September 2012, 01:01 PM
You've done well, I have no idea about the places you talk of... I have always wanted to hit up Melbourne..

For your info Popper...

WBennett
28th September 2012, 01:02 PM
If Mud Guts is in, I am in.

I'll let the fun police know about it whilst we are away on a holiday with her family for the next week!

WBennett
28th September 2012, 01:02 PM
Popper

First lesson for Melbourne. Bar 20 is much quieter on a Thursday night than over the weekend.

;)

popper81
28th September 2012, 01:22 PM
I'll start working on that ;)

You think you have got it in you..... It is not for everyone!!

For your info Popper...

Good lad, shazza was wrong about you.... You're alright!

Popper

First lesson for Melbourne. Bar 20 is much quieter on a Thursday night than over the weekend.

;)

Noted - But I think you have me confused with Tomson and Titleist..... :)

LeftyHoges
28th September 2012, 03:26 PM
Official thread opened now.

Here... (http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/31026-Official-VIC-champs-thread-Feb-15-18-Melbourne)