PDA

View Full Version : XMAS Brooky Bash & BrisVegas BBQ, Sun 18 Dec 7:00am 16 s

BrisVegas
14th October 2005, 11:54 AM
EDIT 18 Nov: Based on preferences for the weekend of 17/18 December and the inability to get us an early game on Saturday due to the club members comp, the date for this is Sunday 18th Dec.  

I've booked the first 4 groups from 7:00 - 7:30.  

Price is $65 incl carts...  (regularly $130)

BBQ is free obviously, just bring your own beers.  :wink:

MrsVegas and I would like to have everyone over for a social BBQ at our place before Christmas.  Families welcome.  We could combine it with an ozgolf game at Brookwater either before or after the round.  I think a morning game & BBQ lunch would be best...

Should be able to get on for $55 if we can persuade a member to invite us..  :wink:

Please indicate which date you'd prefer in the poll.  If there's multiple dates that suit, just let me know which dates are NOT POSSIBLE for you.

Hope this gets off the ground.  The BBQ at goughy's place the other week was very enjoyable.  8)

Davemason
14th October 2005, 11:58 AM
If you can put me up for the night I'll be there.

If not I'll still be there. ( I'll sleep in the car)

Jarro
14th October 2005, 12:01 PM
sounds like a great idea 8)

thanks for the offer Mr/Mrs Vegas :smt023

AndyP
14th October 2005, 12:02 PM
I'll abstain from voting, as I don't really have a preferred date.
However, Saturday the 3rd is not favourable as I think I need to pick the missus up from the airport in the afternoon.

Should be a good day.

BrisVegas
14th October 2005, 12:08 PM

There's a bed for you Dave. Worst case, some nice soft carpet.... :wink:

jaster
14th October 2005, 12:43 PM
I voted the 17th as more people already have that, I have no preference...great idea BV :wink:

BrisVegas
14th October 2005, 12:50 PM
A potential issue with Saturdays is they block out the early tee times for members. Anyway, I'll suss it out.

Davemason
14th October 2005, 01:27 PM

There's a bed for you Dave. Worst case, some nice soft carpet.... :wink:

Thanks buddy

AndyP
14th October 2005, 01:49 PM
Will premium beers be supplied? :wink:

Eag's
14th October 2005, 01:51 PM
Count me in for this one, been itching for a hit at Brooky :D
We will get to see the Vegas pad up close as well :wink:

Jarro
14th October 2005, 01:52 PM
... and spirits :smt030

BrisVegas
14th October 2005, 01:55 PM
Will premium beers be supplied?  :wink:

Well, you have a choice..... Bring your own carton and pay $2 each or go to the golf club and pay $5 a hit.... :roll:

I'll supply the venue. :wink:

Eag's
14th October 2005, 02:04 PM
Dion, just let us know what you would like us to bring along (apart from drinks) to help you guys out with the BBQ :?:

BrisVegas
14th October 2005, 02:10 PM
Dion, just let us know what you would like us to bring along (apart from drinks) to help you guys out with the BBQ  :?:

ok...

pavers
road base
gap sand
whacker-packer
90x19 balau hardwood
nail gun

just jokes!! :roll: :lol: We'll work out the food and drinks closer to the date. :wink:

I apoologise in advance for the state of the place.... It's a work in progress. :oops:

gazgolf1
14th October 2005, 02:27 PM
I'm in....sounds great Dion. 8)

Keza_G
14th October 2005, 02:51 PM
Dion,

at this stage we would love to come if it is OK to bring along the "knee high's" (aka Rani & Emily), I'll have a better idea as we get a little closer.

Cheers

Keza & Scotty G

BrisVegas
14th October 2005, 02:57 PM
at this stage we would love to come if it is OK to bring along the "knee high's" (aka Rani & Emily), I'll have a better idea as we get a little closer.

Keza - they're welcome. Just have to keep an eye on em, as we don't really have a "kid-friendly" house yet.... So which one of you is playing in the morning and who's baby-sitting? :P

I can buy you that beer I owe you too. :wink:

AndyP
14th October 2005, 03:21 PM
Not running a creche for the morning?

BrisVegas
14th October 2005, 03:22 PM

anything else mate? :roll:

AndyP
14th October 2005, 03:27 PM

anything else mate?  :roll:
Well, now that you ask....

No, I'm sorry. :smt090

Keza_G
14th October 2005, 03:33 PM
Keza - they're welcome.  Just have to keep an eye on em, as we don't really have a "kid-friendly" house yet....  So which one of you is playing in the morning and who's baby-sitting?  :P

I can buy you that beer I owe you too.  :wink:

I may actually be working :evil: :evil:

The gals might have a sleep over at Granma's !!!! So that would mean Scotty would play, he's never played at Brooky and would love to, I'll know if I can play a little closer to the date.... but the beer sounds good :wink:

Cheers

Keza

damoocow
16th October 2005, 10:23 AM
count me in - sounds great - no way can I do it on the 17th though as I will heading back from the coast hols that day , if that is the most popular just go with that date, but I agree with 69 that Sundays are generally better...

damoocow

goughy
16th October 2005, 03:07 PM
I can supply nail gun and air compressor, plus probably every other tool needed. Unfortunately I doubt I'll be albe to make it as December is a bitch of a time for me getting all the xmas work ready. But I'll try my guts out.

BrisVegas
10th November 2005, 12:39 PM
looking more like a Sunday, either the 11th or 18th... My vote would be for the 11th, as the 18th is too close to Xmas...

Nudgee - are you gonna be around for this?? Did Justin mention what the "latest" guest rate is when you saw him last week?

AndyP
10th November 2005, 12:44 PM
looking more like a Sunday, either the 11th or 18th...  My vote would be for the 11th, as the 18th is too close to Xmas...
Checking the calendar, I noticed that the 10th/11th is the weekend of the Australian PGA at Coolum for those who are going.

markTHEblake
10th November 2005, 12:53 PM
10 december sounds like a great day :lol:

BrisVegas
10th November 2005, 12:55 PM
10 december sounds like a great day  :lol:

why is that mark??

BrisVegas
10th November 2005, 01:05 PM
looking more like a Sunday, either the 11th or 18th...  My vote would be for the 11th, as the 18th is too close to Xmas...
Checking the calendar, I noticed that the 10th/11th is the weekend of the Australian PGA at Coolum for those who are going.

Thought the PGA was on the 1-4 Dec?
http://www.pga.org.au/default.aspx?s=pgaschedule&month=12&year=2005

AndyP
10th November 2005, 03:19 PM

Thought the PGA was on the 1-4 Dec?
http://www.pga.org.au/default.aspx?s=pgaschedule&month=12&year=2005
Well, that's thrown me off.  :smt017
I've been making plans around the assumption of 10/11 Dec.

BrisVegas
10th November 2005, 03:32 PM
A Saturday is going to be a problem, unless Nudgee can pull some strings for us. The members block out the first hour or two's tee times.

BrisVegas
18th November 2005, 08:51 AM
Provisional date for this is Sunday 18th December.

Hope it works for as many as possible as we're hoping to see plenty of you at the BBQ!! The more, the merrier they say!! :D

Jarro
18th November 2005, 08:55 AM
i'll try Dion, but it's my missus birthday that day .... so i might be pushing my luck :wink: :lol:

BrisVegas
18th November 2005, 09:14 AM
i'll try Dion, but it's my missus birthday that day .... so i might be pushing my luck  :wink:  :lol:

bugger. sorry mate. It was the only date that worked for us, Brooky17 and it had to be a sunday... Invite her to the BBQ and maybe slip her $100 and leave her at the rocklea markets on your way past!! :lol:

Jarro
18th November 2005, 09:17 AM
i'll try Dion, but it's my missus birthday that day .... so i might be pushing my luck  :wink:  :lol:

bugger.  sorry mate.  It was the only date that worked for us, Brooky17 and it had to be a sunday...  Invite her to the BBQ and maybe slip her $100 and leave her at the rocklea markets on your way past!!  :lol:

yeah no probs, i understand the difficulty in try to arrange any function in December ... everyone's so busy. Doesn't help my cause that we have 5 family members celebrate their birthdays in December either :roll:

Have a good one 8)

AndyP
18th November 2005, 10:02 AM
Good stuff, Vegas. Of all the dates, this one suited me the most.

I should be able to make it, but it's dependent on the renovations.

BrisVegas
18th November 2005, 10:07 AM
Good stuff, Vegas.  Of all the dates, this one suited me the most.

I should be able to make it, but it's dependent on the renovations.

Mate - you're IN! 8)

If you need help with reno's in order to make, just let me know and I'll help out. It'd be great to have you (and as many others as possible) out for this one.

Eag's
18th November 2005, 10:11 AM
I shall be there with bells on Dion 8) I have been busting for a hit at Brooky for ages :D

BrisVegas
18th November 2005, 10:14 AM
I shall be there with bells on Dion  8) I have been busting for a hit at Brooky for ages  :D

excellent! glad you could make it Richard.

Wonder if Meghan will remember you from the Wesley? :wink:

BrisVegas
18th November 2005, 10:40 AM
So far...

1.BrisVegas
2.rok - yet to join & register
3.Brooky17 - yet to register
4.Andylo
5.AndyP
6.Eags
7.stoney - yet to register

Iain
18th November 2005, 01:57 PM
I'm off this weekend. 8)

So far...

1.BrisVegas
2.rok - yet to join & register
3.Brooky17 - yet to register
4.Andylo
5.AndyP
6.Eags
7.stoney - yet to register
8.Iain

senecio
19th November 2005, 02:26 AM
I'm playing at Brooky this Sunday. 8:00am tee time

The boss has a couple of half price vouchers and I'm the only golfer at work he knows (bummer that).

This will be my first Brookwater experience, can you tell I'm looking forward to it. :D :D

Stay tuned for my course report, for what its worth.

Ryan

terryand
19th November 2005, 07:56 AM
I won't miss this one either 8)

Terry.

jaster
19th November 2005, 03:36 PM
I could be in....depends on $$ and a few other things but I'll try 8)

BrisVegas
21st November 2005, 02:18 PM
I'm playing at Brooky this Sunday. 8:00am tee time

The boss has a couple of half price vouchers and I'm the only golfer at work he knows (bummer that).

This will be my first Brookwater experience, can you tell I'm looking forward to it. :D  :D

Stay tuned for my course report, for what its worth.

Ryan

How'd you go Ryan?? Course looked in great shape, from my side of the fence. But then, doesn't the grass always look greener..... :lol:

I'm assuming you were done before the hail and wind etc later in the day...

senecio
21st November 2005, 10:00 PM
Dion

I shot a 92. Doesn't sound to good, but it was not too bad considering how poorly I struck it off the tee. From the fairway to the green I played quite well. It makes it hard when your always chipping out sideways or backwards. I did well to only lose 2 balls all day!

I must have had high expectations but it wasn't as good as I had hoped. Layout is great and there are some incredible holes with the changes in elevation, but I thought the presentation was not as good as it could be.

The members there must be excempt from carrying sand buckets because the tee block of every par three looked more like my back yard than Jarro's (I have a Jack Russell that likes to dig). The greens were a little inconsistent (some were rock hard and bloddy impossible to hold with a well struck wedge rolling through the back).

I had a couple of highlights though

1. Hitting 4-iron from 170 to the par 3 7th (pin tucked in behind the 3 bunkers on the right). Took on the bunkers and fire straight at the pin. I had pull hooking my long irons so I thought the worst I could do was drag it back to the centre of the green. Hit it well and walk up to find it inside 6 inches.

2. Warming up on the practice fairway and I look up to see John Senden and his coach walk over and set-up beside me. Incredible swing, so easy.

From the top of the swing he started with the hands dropping on the inside creating an enormous lag. From there he accelerated back to the ball with his hands well in front of the club head effectively de-lofting the clubface and the ball flight was incredible. We were hitting into a stiff cross breeze that had little or no effect on the path of his ball. It was trying to re-create this technique that produced the shot above.

I managed to find these two shots from the net that shows the amount of lag created at the start of the downswing.

http://usera.imagecave.com/senecio/Golf/nott-6.jpg http://usera.imagecave.com/senecio/Golf/nott-7.jpg

Ryan

BrisVegas
21st November 2005, 10:09 PM
Sorry it wasn't up to scratch for ya Ryan. 92 is actually pretty decent first time around, as there's plenty of trouble to be found around the greens.

I think the (very small number of) members are actually quite proud of the place and make an effort to fill divots etc. Trouble is the vast majority of traffic through Brookwater is overseas tourists on packages or corporate golf day patrons who often didn't pay anything to play. No offence to such groups, but they often don't give two sh!ts about repairing pitch marks or divots and general etiquette.

Eag's
21st November 2005, 10:59 PM
Ryan, John Senden was out at Northlakes the other day practising alongside me  8)  
All I can say is WOW  :shock: I have never seen a player flush a ball as perfectly as this bloke. Beautifull rythem and so effortless.

BrisWesty
29th November 2005, 11:04 PM
Will this be a 2006 POTY event?
If I can make it, I won't be able to stay for the afternoon.

BrisVegas
30th November 2005, 09:14 AM

Hi Westy, yeah it will be a 2006 event. The year starts as soon as the champs finishes. Hope to see you there. All are welcome.

Ken is going to invite a couple of the IPC golfers too, so there should be some good golf to watch!

AndyP
30th November 2005, 09:20 AM
What sort of odds would we get on either Iain or myself re-breaking the all-time OZgolf low score record?

Jarro
30th November 2005, 09:33 AM
ok, i just changed my status to "I'm a chance"

have to see how many brownie points i can accumulate between now and then :wink:

BrisVegas
30th November 2005, 11:03 AM
What sort of odds would we get on either Iain or myself re-breaking the all-time OZgolf low score record?

I want a piece of this action too.... I had 100 neat on Saturday morning from the tips....

Brookwater is becoming a course that I love to play, but can't play for sh!t. :roll:

Davemason
1st December 2005, 09:01 PM
I'm in as long as I've got some where to sleep mate, don't care where. plus I could bring the tools if there is any electical work you want done.

1.BrisVegas
2.rok
3.Brooky17
4.Andylo
5.AndyP
6.Eags
7.stoney
8.Iain
9.davemason

Davemason
1st December 2005, 09:03 PM

Hi Westy, yeah it will be a 2006 event.  The year starts as soon as the champs finishes.  Hope to see you there.  All are welcome.

Ken is going to invite a couple of the IPC golfers too, so there should be some good golf to watch!

you could organize a bit of a semi pro-am event

BrisVegas
2nd December 2005, 08:08 AM
I'm in as long as I've got some where to sleep mate, don't care where. plus I could bring the tools if there is any electical work you want done.

No worries Dave. We'll find a spot for you to sleep. We've got a couple of spare single beds at the moment. :wink: I just updated the list to include some you missed...

1.BrisVegas
2.rok  
3.Brooky17
4.Andylo
5.AndyP
6.Eags
7.stoney  
8.Iain
9.davemason
10. terryand
11. macleod
12. ken

nudgee
3rd December 2005, 08:35 PM
I am definately in and I will try and convince Justin at Brooky to give us a better deal :wink:

BrisVegas
3rd December 2005, 09:53 PM
I am definately in and I will try and convince Justin at Brooky to give us a better deal  :wink:

cool, thanks champ!  Good Luck!  8)

1.BrisVegas
2.rok
3.stoney
4.Brooky17
5.Andylo
6.AndyP
7.Eags
8.nudgee
9.Iain
10.davemason
11. terryand
12. macleod
13. ken

AndyP
4th December 2005, 09:40 AM
Do you need numbers for the BBQ too, Dion, that is partners, etc?

BrisVegas
4th December 2005, 12:47 PM
Do you need numbers for the BBQ too, Dion, that is partners, etc?

yes mate.

AndyP
4th December 2005, 01:25 PM
1.BrisVegas
2.rok
3.stoney
4.Brooky17
5.Andylo
6.AndyP (BBQ: + Beck & Mitchell)
7.Eags
8.nudgee
9.Iain
10.davemason
11. terryand
12. macleod
13. ken

macleod
4th December 2005, 05:23 PM
1.BrisVegas
2.rok
3.stoney
4.Brooky17
5.Andylo
7.Eags
8.nudgee
9.Iain
10.davemason
11. terryand
12. macleod (BBQ: + Lyndal...if she pikes it won't make a difference to the food quotient, i can 'ramp it up' or alternately bring Bucky along)
13. ken

Davemason
4th December 2005, 07:29 PM
1.BrisVegas
2.rok
3.stoney
4.Brooky17
5.Andylo
7.Eags
8.nudgee
9.Iain
10.davemason ( just me for BBQ + golf )
11. terryand
12. macleod (BBQ: + Lyndal...if she pikes it won't make a difference to the food quotient, i can 'ramp it up' or alternately bring Bucky along)
13. ken

BrisVegas
7th December 2005, 12:30 PM
any other confirmed starters for this one?   :)

Jaster?  Are you and your mate coming? BrisWesty? MoeNorman? jarro? drunken? choppa?

If we get more than 16, I can always grab another tee time, but would need to do it before the weekend.

damoocow
7th December 2005, 02:15 PM
Vegas - put me down as a definite and I was going to shout my mate Joebar a game there for Xmas - can he play too ?? - the only ozgolfers he knows are me and Jarro, and he is not a forum member ! - I can make sure he only eats one sausage at the BBQ !!!

1.BrisVegas
2.rok
3.stoney
4.Brooky17
5.Andylo
7.Eags
8.nudgee
9.Iain
10.davemason ( just me for BBQ + golf )
11. terryand
13. ken
14. damoocow
15. Joebar [if Vegas says OK.................]

damoocow

BrisVegas
7th December 2005, 05:52 PM
no probs damo. Looking forward to meeting him. :)

I might call the club and grab an extra time slot. :shock:

Jarro
7th December 2005, 06:08 PM
D1cky .. i think it's a homosexual thing ... tread carefully with the questions.

not that there's anything wrong with that.

damoocow
7th December 2005, 08:10 PM
Shout .........?? well sort of- I am actually paying for his golf because he is going to finally fix this crapola computer I have and get it running properly......so 69er to make you feel better you can say I am paying for that service without paying gst.........

damoocow

terryand
7th December 2005, 09:48 PM
Maybe you could give him a tip...like a Mars bar. :roll:

:smt017

BrisVegas
7th December 2005, 09:51 PM
whose nipple is that in your avatar Tez ?  :wink:

terryand
7th December 2005, 10:20 PM
whose nipple is that in your avatar Tez ?  :wink:

I creeped up on jarro before he got up for golf on Sunday morning at the Champs.....Sssshhhhhhhhh :-$

No really,come on guys its only a drop of water :wink:

Terry.

BrisVegas
8th December 2005, 09:54 AM
I've grabbed an extra tee time (7:40am), so there's room for up to 20 now. C'mon, don't be shy. :wink:

1.BrisVegas (BBQ + MrsVegas & Meghan)
2.rok (non-BBQ)
3.stoney (non-BBQ)
4.Brooky17 (BBQ + MrsBrooky17 & Olivia)
5.Andylo
7.Eags
8.nudgee  
9.Iain
10.davemason (BBQ)
11. terryand (BBQ + Jo & Girls??)
12. macleod (BBQ + Lyndal & Bucky)
13. ken (BBQ)
14. damoocow (BBQ)
15. Joebar (BBQ)
16. spare
17. spare
18. spare
19. spare
20. spare

Jarro
8th December 2005, 09:55 AM
2.rok (non-BBQ)
3.stoney (non-BBQ)
5.Andylo
7.Eags
8.nudgee  
9.Iain
10.davemason (BBQ)
13. ken (BBQ)
14. damoocow (BBQ)
15. Joebar (BBQ)
16. jarro (in pencil)  :wink: i'll stay for the BBQ if i do come along 8)
17. spare
18. spare
19. spare
20. spare

Jarro
8th December 2005, 11:25 AM
i'm now confirmed as a starter \:D/

Eag's/Tezza .... PM me about a possible carpool.

We can drive over together and have a bitch session about Blakey/Golfer69/AndyP on the way :smt037 :wink:

BrisVegas
8th December 2005, 12:04 PM
i'm now confirmed as a starter  \:D/

Good work jarro.

Got a spare Rescue Mid i can try out on the day? Ya never know, i met let a TM club in my bag....

AndyP
8th December 2005, 12:38 PM
2.rok (non-BBQ)
3.stoney (non-BBQ)
5.Andylo
7.Eags
8.nudgee  
9.Iain
10.davemason (BBQ)
13. ken (BBQ)
14. damoocow (BBQ)
15. Joebar (BBQ)
16. jarro (BBQ)
17. Wayne - AndyP's mate
18. spare
19. spare
20. spare

I've invited my mate Wayne along to the round, and he has accepted. I haven't invited him to the BBQ however.

Jarro
8th December 2005, 12:53 PM
i'm now confirmed as a starter  \:D/

Good work jarro.  

Got a spare Rescue Mid i can try out on the day?  Ya never know, i met let a TM club in my bag....

if you be a good boy i'll let you have a whack with it on the praccy range :wink:

One of them would look good in your bag :lol:

Davemason
9th December 2005, 04:27 PM
2.rok (non-BBQ)
3.stoney (non-BBQ)
5.Andylo
7.Eags
8.nudgee
9.Iain
10.davemason (BBQ + a place to sleep :wink: )
13. ken (BBQ)
14. damoocow (BBQ)
15. Joebar (BBQ)
16. jarro (BBQ)
17. Wayne - AndyP's mate
18. spare
19. spare
20. spare

Eag's
9th December 2005, 05:18 PM
2.rok (non-BBQ)
3.stoney (non-BBQ)
5.Andylo
7.Eags (BBQ)
8.nudgee
9.Iain
10.davemason (BBQ + a place to sleep Wink )
13. ken (BBQ)
14. damoocow (BBQ)
15. Joebar (BBQ)
16. jarro (BBQ)
17. Wayne - AndyP's mate
18. spare
19. spare
20. spare

BrisWesty
9th December 2005, 09:02 PM
Sorry folks, I'm out. Work has been beyond mad.

Immediate boss is on maternity leave till April. The guy who replaced her while she's been away has just become a father, so he's off till the new year, and I've been left holding the baby at work, so to speak. My "trusty lieutenant" booked next week off, and one of the other girls heads off to see her family in Indonesia the next week.

Add to that, we've just brought in a new planning scheme effective as of Monday 12, so everyone who can't do what they want to do under that, has put their stuff in this week, so we have this gi-normous spike in applications. The leave above was all booked when everybody was of the understanding the scheme would come in late September.

Jarro
9th December 2005, 09:10 PM
bad luck BrisWesty ..... how about organising a Caboolture day then :wink: Should be looking a treat after all this rain.

BrisWesty
9th December 2005, 09:12 PM
I can do that, when would you all be interested?

ken Ichimiya
9th December 2005, 09:13 PM
hello this is ken. I bring my friends.

2.rok (non-BBQ)
3.stoney (non-BBQ)
5.Andylo
7.Eags (BBQ)
8.nudgee  
9.Iain
13. ken (BBQ)
14. damoocow (BBQ)
15. Joebar (BBQ)
16. jarro (BBQ)
17. Wayne - AndyP's mate
18. ken's friend
19. ken's friend
20. spare

BrisVegas
10th December 2005, 04:10 PM
room for one more....

AndyP
10th December 2005, 07:07 PM
Full.

2.rok (non-BBQ)
3.stoney (non-BBQ)
5.Andylo
7.Eags (BBQ)
8.nudgee
9.Iain
13. ken (BBQ)
14. damoocow (BBQ)
15. Joebar (BBQ)
16. jarro (BBQ)
17. Wayne - AndyP's mate
18. ken's friend
19. ken's friend
20. Cameron - AndyP's mate

Once again, I didn't extend the BBQ invitation to this mate.
Wouldn't want to overload you with strangers, Dion.

markTHEblake
10th December 2005, 11:19 PM

anyone bringing a rottweiler?

Jarro
11th December 2005, 06:08 PM
Vegas, have we got room for one more :?:

My mate Mike has expressed interest in this one.

macleod
11th December 2005, 08:08 PM

anyone bringing a rottweiler?

now if it was Calvin (dearly departed) then he could take him easy.

bucky is larger than a small child now so....hmmmmm...

we could place bets!

terryand
11th December 2005, 08:12 PM
The Rotty thing has gone over my head,please explain :smt017

Terry.

BrisVegas
11th December 2005, 09:23 PM
Vegas, have we got room for one more  :?:

My mate Mike has expressed interest in this one.

We got 20 at the moment, but inevitably someone will cancel. I'd say your mate will get a game.

AndyP - both your mates are welcome to the bBQ. Just bring your own fancy schmancy drinks. :wink:

Jarro
11th December 2005, 09:25 PM
thanks Vegas ..... i'll tell him he's first reserve :wink:

BrisVegas
11th December 2005, 09:27 PM
Full + 1 reserve....

2.rok (non-BBQ)
3.stoney (non-BBQ)
5.Andylo
7.Eags (BBQ)
8.nudgee  
9.Iain
13. ken (BBQ)
14. damoocow (BBQ)
15. Joebar (BBQ)
16. jarro (BBQ)
17. Wayne - AndyP's mate
18. ken's friend 1
19. ken's friend 2
20. Cameron - AndyP's mate

1st reserve - MikeP, .. Jarro's mate.

peter_rs
12th December 2005, 09:26 AM
Have a good day wish we could be there for the golf and BBQ.

AndyP
12th December 2005, 09:44 AM
AndyP - both your mates are welcome to the bBQ.  Just bring your own fancy schmancy drinks.  :wink:
Are you sure? If I invite them, it means their families as well, so that's an extra 4 adults + 3 kids.

BrisVegas
12th December 2005, 10:05 AM
AndyP - both your mates are welcome to the bBQ.  Just bring your own fancy schmancy drinks.  :wink:
Are you sure? If I invite them, it means their families as well, so that's an extra 4 adults + 3 kids.

Oh, well you didn't say that..... Stuff em. :wink:

macleod
12th December 2005, 11:02 PM
for that classic outburst, a special bottle of something to say thank you for Dion from moi :D

BrisVegas
13th December 2005, 08:49 AM
Ok, so we got around 30-35 people coming.... Anyone know a butcher where i could a good deal for 100 sausages! :shock:

I hate to ask, but would anyone be able to help out with bringing a side dish etc...

potato salad
coleslaw
bread rolls

Terry's lovely wife Jo is bringing pavlova already! Thanks Tez & Jo.

AndyP - if your mates want to come along and bring their families, that's fine. I just panicked at the numbers the other day. I've calmed down now... I expect them to join ozgolf though!

Also, if anyone wants to drop off an esky with their drinks or whatever before the game, that's fine. Just let me know.

mrsbrisvegas
13th December 2005, 08:56 AM
Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday - should be a great day!

MrsBrisVegas & MeggieVegas.

Jono
13th December 2005, 09:01 AM
Terry's lovely wife Jo is bringing pavlova already!  Thanks Tez & Jo.

Now there's a dish I haven't had for over 10 years ... Yum ... =P~ :lol:

Sounds like it's going to be lots of fun. Make sure you take plenty of pics, Tezza. 8)

BrisVegas
13th December 2005, 10:13 AM
I'll try and round up another couple of players so MikeP can get a game.

Jarro
13th December 2005, 10:19 AM

don't go to too much bother mate ..... Mike would love to play, but it's not like his life is hanging on this :roll: :lol:

BrisVegas
13th December 2005, 10:24 AM

don't go to too much bother mate ..... Mike would love to play, but it's not like his life is hanging on this  :roll:  :lol:

it's no bother. There's another guy who had said he would like to join up. He lives at Brookwater as well, so easy enough for him to be there. Have already sent him an email. If we had 22 we could just have two groups of 3.

AndyP
13th December 2005, 12:15 PM
My mate wants to know if the green fees can be paid by credit card. I would assume that they can, and I've probably done so before, but can someone please confirm.

BrisVegas
13th December 2005, 12:28 PM
My mate wants to know if the green fees can be paid by credit card.  I would assume that they can, and I've probably done so before, but can someone please confirm.

yes absolutely. I certainly can't afford it otherwise.... :roll:

BrisVegas
13th December 2005, 12:31 PM
Ok, so we got around 30-35 people coming....  I'll provide the BBQ and sausages. 8)

Looking for volunteers to help out with any of the following...  

- potato salad
- coleslaw
- bread rolls
- party ice
- potato chips
- fruit salad (to go with the pavlova)  
- big bucket of ice cream (to go with the pavlova)

Terry's lovely wife Jo is bringing a pavlova already!  Thanks Tez & Jo.

Any items that need to be kept cool, can be dropped off before the round at my place. MrsVegas will be at home all day.

Jarro
13th December 2005, 01:03 PM
Vegas, sorry to be a pain, but my mate Mike has decided to bail on the round at Brooky.

we're playing Nudgee saturday and he's only got 1 round per weekend in him :wink:

thanks anyway mate.

AndyP
13th December 2005, 01:11 PM
We'll bring some coleslaw (not that I'll eat it).

------------------------------------

- potato salad
- bread rolls
- party ice
- potato chips

BrisVegas
13th December 2005, 01:14 PM
We'll bring some coleslaw (not that I'll eat it).

Thanks Andy!  It all helps.

------------------------------------

- potato salad
- coleslaw - AndyP & Beck
- bread rolls
- party ice
- potato chips
- pavlova - Terry & Jo

Jarro
13th December 2005, 01:17 PM
i'm sure we could get a posse to head down to the local shops after the round and pick up all the goodies then 8)

BrisVegas
13th December 2005, 02:13 PM
Here's the groupings. I gotta play first group with those guys as they're all leaving early for lunch dates elsewhere....

7:00
Dion
rok
stoney
Iain

7:10
davemason
nudgee
macleod
terryand

7:20
AndyP
Wayne
Cameron
Andylo

7:30
Eags
jarro
damoocow
Joebar

7:40
ken
ken's friend 1 (IPC)
ken's friend 2 (IPC)
Brooky17

AndyP
13th December 2005, 02:16 PM
AndyP  
Wayne
Cameron
Andylo
I'll put money on this group having the worst total gross score.  Three crap golfers, and a guy who's last round at the course was 17 stableford points.

Jarro
13th December 2005, 02:18 PM
nice work Dion ... should be a fun day 8)

macleod
13th December 2005, 04:56 PM

- potato/pasta salad - pasta salad god MacLeod is in the house, cashews and bush spices aplenty.
- bread rolls
- party ice
- potato chips
- pavlova - Terry & Jo

Eag's
13th December 2005, 05:23 PM
Dion, I will pick up the chips & ice cream  :smt023

Iain
13th December 2005, 06:21 PM
Sorry Vegas, I am out. :( Got some other thing's which I need to attend.

Have fun guy's.

terryand
13th December 2005, 08:48 PM
Seeing as there are so many people coming I have twisted Jo's arm to make a Mud Cake aswell.

But she likes chocalate and I like caramel,so poll is open to all attending to see which one we get.

Terry.

AndyP
13th December 2005, 09:05 PM
Caramel.

terryand
13th December 2005, 09:21 PM
OK,poll is over, caramel it is by 2-1 8)

Terry.

BrisVegas
13th December 2005, 09:28 PM
Sorry Vegas, I am out.  :(   Got some other thing's which I need to attend.

bugger. Not even if you go out in the first group???? :(

BrisVegas
13th December 2005, 09:38 PM

- potato/pasta salad  - pasta salad god MacLeod
- bread rolls
- party ice
- potato chips - Eags
- pavlova & Caramel mud cake - Terry & Jo
- big bucket of ice cream (to go with the pavlova) - Eags

Thanks guys, much appreciated.  Jo is a legend Terry...

Davemason
14th December 2005, 10:24 AM
hey mate I can shell out for the bread rolls just that someone will have to go and get them for me on Sunday
- potato/pasta salad - pasta salad god MacLeod
- bread rolls- Davemason
- party ice
- potato chips - Eags

BrisVegas
14th December 2005, 12:40 PM
Room for 1 more.....

Dion
rok
stoney  
***spare***

davemason  
nudgee  
macleod
terryand

AndyP  
Wayne
Cameron
Andylo

Eags
jarro
damoocow  
Joebar

ken
ken's friend 1  (IPC)
ken's friend 2  (IPC)
Brooky17

Jarro
14th December 2005, 12:51 PM
- potato/pasta salad - pasta salad god MacLeod
- bread rolls- Davemason
- party ice
- potato chips - Eags

i have no problem buying whatever else we need, but is there somewhere close by that we can go to get it after the round :?:

BrisVegas
14th December 2005, 12:56 PM
i have no problem buying whatever else we need, but is there somewhere close by that we can go to get it after the round  :?:

yeah, there's a BILO 5 minutes away at Redbank. Thanks mate.

AndyP
14th December 2005, 12:58 PM
yeah, there's a BILO 5 minutes away at Redbank.  Thanks mate.
Is it safe to go there?

Jarro
14th December 2005, 01:00 PM
OK,poll is over, caramel it is by 2-1 8)

Terry.

sorry, i must disagree ........ CHOCOLATE should be the winner :P :lol:

BrisVegas
14th December 2005, 01:01 PM
Is it safe to go there?

Safer than Goodna anyway. I had a brick thrown at me by an "indigenous Australian" there last year. Talk about being "a white c$#t" in the wrong place at the wrong time.

There's also an IGA down at Springfield Lakes about 8 minutes away.

Jarro
14th December 2005, 01:02 PM
Is it safe to go there?

i'll take the bodyguard with the mullet, should be OK then :wink:

Davemason
14th December 2005, 02:43 PM
yeah, there's a BILO 5 minutes away at Redbank. Thanks mate.
Is it safe to go there?

i'll take the bodyguard with the mullet, should be OK then :wink:

I'll come with you Jarro

Jarro
14th December 2005, 02:53 PM
Is it safe to go there?

i'll take the bodyguard with the mullet, should be OK then  :wink:

I'll come with you Jarro

cool .... i'll keep the motor running while you duck in.

but i warn you, if any lebo's turn up ... i'm outta there :shock: :wink:

BrisVegas
15th December 2005, 04:16 PM
OK, we're full again...  Welcome aboard Moe_Norman!

BrisVegas
rok31
stoney  
Moe_Norman

davemason  
nudgee  
macleod
terryand

AndyP  
Wayne
Cameron
Andylo

Eags
jarro
damoocow  
Joebar

ken
ken's friend 1  (IPC)
ken's friend 2  (IPC)
Brooky17

BrisVegas
16th December 2005, 10:31 PM
Welcome to ozgolf.net rok31.

I'm sure you'll remembera few faces from iseekgolf days on Sunday. Can't wait til Sunday... 8)

macleod
17th December 2005, 06:40 PM
so what's the final numbers on the BBQ?

i was doing prep and want to make sure i'm not mkaing too much as i hate wasting food.

Eag's
17th December 2005, 08:42 PM
Looking forward to Brooky & BBQ tomorrow, just hope I can stay awake working until 11pm tonight :smt099

gazgolf1
18th December 2005, 09:19 AM
Have a good day boys....sorry I could'nt make this one :cry:
Lucky you've got carts and remember to keep the fluids up. :wink:

BrisWesty
18th December 2005, 09:39 AM
Have fun everybody.

May Brookwater look kindly on you.

macleod
18th December 2005, 05:42 PM
some early scores...

great day, just didn't get much right (or left!), but had some fun shots to play that's for sure.

Dave Mason - 19
Macleod - 24

thanks again to messr vegas and lovely wife (plus meggan) and all others for the great spread afterwards. awesome pavlova!

Jarro
18th December 2005, 07:11 PM
thanks for the day Dion ... great hospitality 8) your house is awesome too mate, you have a great setup there. Love the back verandah ... just fantastic.

as for the golf, i'd just like to say that i doubt i'll ever go back and play Brookwater again ..... it is just too tough a layout for me :( I had the worst round of golf i've ever played there today ... 107 off the stick :oops:

Who's idea was it to play off the Black tees anyway :evil:

Eag's
18th December 2005, 07:37 PM
Thankyou Mr & Mrs Vegas for the top BBQ :smt023 love the house 8) I can see why you both love it out there so much.

As for the golf....well just plain scary :shock: that is one tuff track from the back plates, especially when your swing deserts you from the 2nd hole onwards :oops:
Thanks to my playing partners Jarro, Damo, & Joebar.
Big effort from Davemason to make the trip down here once again, good onya mate =D> :smt023

Davemason
18th December 2005, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the day guys and to my playing partners Scott, Jamie and Tezza, I should have gone home last night after a session at the range with Dion but I'm a sucker for punishment but Tezza your wife’s pav made it worth while to stick around.

Last but not least thanks for Dion and Sandy for putting me up for the night thats tops :smt023

Just hope to see a driveway next time I’m down :wink:

Davemason
18th December 2005, 09:07 PM
As stated I'll get on and organize a day at Coral Cove for a long weekend early next year, and Macca I'll see when the turtles are laying and try and get a weekend close

BrisVegas
18th December 2005, 09:34 PM
Thanks everyone for coming out and for those that stayed after for the BBQ, hope you had a good time.  Sorry the snags were a bit charred...  :oops:  As Dave said, the "to-do" list on the house is pretty long, but we're getting there....  I love nothing more than having friends over and you guys are a great group.

Special thanks to Jo for making an awesome pav and mud cake, to Macca & Lyndal for an outstanding pasta salad, AndyP & Bec for the coleslaw, Davemason, Eags and Jarro for the sundry chips, bread and ice cream and Moe Norman for unloading your entire  :shock:  beer collection on us!!  Thanks also to Gabrielle & Leah for helping MrsVegas with drinks etc.  Andylo - good work on the child minding duties, you're a natural.  Sorry if I forgot anyone.

I thought the course was in decent shape considering the storms this week, only a couple of washed out bunkers.  The greens, although slowish were very true.  I did wonder why Terry and Nudgee were so keen to play the tips though  :roll: .  Maybe next time we should try the gold tees....  :wink:

I forgot to collect all the scores, but got the following (please add to these if you know any more)...

stoney - 38 (72 gross)
Nudgee - 34
ken ichimiya - 34 (79 gross)
nozomi - 34 (76 gross)
kee (IPC) - 32 (81 gross)
BrisVegas - 28
Terry - 27
macleod - 24
Moe Norman - 23 (19 on the back 9!)
Dave Mason - 19
rok31 - 19
AndyP - NCR
Brooky17 - NCR

Wayne ?
Cameron ?
Andylo ?
Eags ?
jarro ?
damoocow ?
Joebar ?

terryand
18th December 2005, 10:21 PM
Some pics, Macca first.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7682/img5825large3rs.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3259/img5830large7ex.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7983/img5814large5ct.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1212/img5937large8pn.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6509/img5772large4pi.jpg

DaveMason
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/401/img5762large6lw.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6779/img5884large2hi.jpg

Nudgee
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3875/img5767large2ot.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6021/img5918large0ce.jpg

Tezza
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6960/img5901large9rw.jpg

Sorry about the size guys,Just looks better this big.

Terry.

Eag's
19th December 2005, 08:34 AM
I forgot to collect all the scores, but got the following (please add to these if you know any more)...

stoney - 38 (72 gross)
Nudgee - 34
nozomi - 34 (76 gross)
BrisVegas - 28
Terry - 27
macleod - 24
Dave Mason - 19
rok31 - 19
AndyP - NCR
Brooky17 - NCR

Wayne ?
Cameron ?
Andylo ?
Eag's - 22
jarro ?
damoocow ?
Joebar ?[/b]

Jarro
19th December 2005, 08:56 AM
stoney - 38 (72 gross)
Nudgee - 34
nozomi - 34 (76 gross)
BrisVegas - 28
Terry - 27
macleod - 24
Dave Mason - 19
rok31 - 19
AndyP - NCR
Brooky17 - NCR
Wayne ?
Cameron ?
Andylo ?
Eag's - 22
jarro - 17 :oops:
damoocow ?
Joebar

AndyP
19th December 2005, 10:14 AM
On the whole I had a great day.  Thanks again to BV and Mrs BV for hosting the day, and to all who supplied the various goodies.  Beck and I didn't have any dinner last night we were so full.

If it was stableford that we were counting, then I didn't have an NCR.  I only picked up on the 17th.

I'm guessing that Blakey is going to want it listed a bit better than this.

stoney - 38 (72 gross)
Nudgee - 34
nozomi - 34 (76 gross)
AndyP - 30
BrisVegas - 28
Terry - 27
macleod - 24
andylo - 23
Eag's - 22
Dave Mason - 19
rok31 - 19
jarro - 17  :oops:  

Brooky17 - NCR
Wayne N/A
Cameron N/A
damoocow ?  
Joebar ?

Nice to see people other than me being destroyed by Brooky this year.  My 17 points is well and truly a thing of the past now.

andylo
19th December 2005, 10:20 AM
Thanks for Mr and Mrs BV. Great day, crap game (myself) but the company after the game rounded the perfect day up.

Thanks again :D :D :D

mrsbrisvegas
19th December 2005, 10:29 AM
Just to follow on from what Dion said thanks to everyone for their company and for helping out with food and drinks.  It certainly made it a lot easier for me.  

Dave you'll be happy to know last night it was a lot cooler in Ipswich - you must of picked one of the hottest nights this year to stay!  

Lovely to meet Bec & Lyndal and to see Jo again.  Sorry I didn't get to chat as much with you as I would of liked but Meghan etc kept me busy.  We will have to have a golf widows game one of these days...

MrsBrisVegas.

Stoney
19th December 2005, 10:32 AM
Great Day, Great Course, well done Vegas on organising this one.

I can't beleive how wide those fairways are :D I must have a 3 month break more often.

nudgee
19th December 2005, 12:47 PM
What a great day - Brooky from the blacks is just plain awesome. The golf in our group was brilliant in very patchy moments and woeful for the majority of the times. We did have an entertaining group - thanks to my playing partners for a fun round and Tezza for all the great pics that are yet to come. Setting the R7 for low knuckle balls worked a treat :wink:

I hear the BBQ was great unfortunately my mum locked herself out of the house for the second time running this week and I had to bolt to her rescue with the spare keys - Mr and Mrs BVegas sorry I missed the afternoon proceedings

Moe Norman
19th December 2005, 05:53 PM
had a great day, despite picking up on 5 consecutive holes on the front nine! Great group, great host - I look forward to a few more ozgolf days, hopefully I can string together two 9's next time! the new driver definately didn't have a good day first time out.

the weird part was, i didn't REALLY play that much better on the back 9, but I just managed to find all my wayward drives to make a score!

macleod
19th December 2005, 07:03 PM
toney - 38 (72 gross)
Nudgee - 34
nozomi - 34 (76 gross)
AndyP - 30
BrisVegas - 28
Terry - 27
macleod - 24 (84 gross)
andylo - 23
Eag's - 22
Dave Mason - 19
rok31 - 19
jarro - 17 Embarassed

BrisVegas
20th December 2005, 09:31 AM
ozgolfers....
stoney - 38
Nudgee - 34
ken ichimiya - 34
AndyP - 30
BrisVegas - 28
Terry - 27
macleod - 24
andylo - 23
Moe Norman - 23
Eag's - 22
Dave Mason - 19
rok31 - 19
jarro - 17  
damoocow - ?? (118 gross)
Brooky17 - NCR

non-ozgolfers...
nozomi (IPC) - 34
kee (IPC) - 32
joebar - ?? (132 gross)
Wayne - ??
Cameron - ??

AndyP
20th December 2005, 10:45 AM
If you insist on having my mates scores

ozgolfers....
stoney - 38
Nudgee - 34
ken ichimiya - 34
AndyP - 30
BrisVegas - 28
Terry - 27
macleod - 24
andylo - 23
Moe Norman - 23
Eag's - 22
Dave Mason - 19
rok31 - 19
jarro - 17  
Brooky17 - NCR

non-ozgolfers...
nozomi (IPC) - 34
kee (IPC) - 32
joebar - ?? (132 gross)
Wayne - 23
Cameron - 22 (from gold tees)

Jarro
20th December 2005, 02:22 PM
jarro - 17  Embarassed
Holy crap Jarro....I have a walking frame and could have bettered that....you stink !
:smt005  :smt005  :smt005  :smt005  :smt005

let me know when (if) you're fit again .... we'll sort this out once and for all.

Moe Norman
20th December 2005, 11:26 PM
brook would be the idea venue for such a grudge match!

how about it jarro!>?

Jarro
21st December 2005, 06:45 AM
i don't have any desire to play there again ..... it's too unforgiving :roll: :lol:

maybe we could have a match around Wynnum or something :wink:

damoocow
21st December 2005, 10:39 AM
does anyone still have a brooky card - wanting to know the index for each hole??

damoocow

AndyP
21st December 2005, 10:49 AM
does anyone still have a brooky card - wanting to know the index for each hole??
Hole Index
1 10
2 4
3 14
4 8
5 16
6 6
7 12
8 2
9 18
10 7
11 11
12 17
13 3
14 13
15 5
16 9
17 15
18 1

I'll just double check the website, as this is from a course guide from a few years ago.

Jarro
21st December 2005, 10:52 AM
Hole  Index
 1       10
 2         4
 3       14
 4         8
 5       16  
 6         6
 7       12
 8         2
 9       18
10        7
11       11
12       17
13        3
14       13
15        5
16        9
17       15
18        1

I'll just double check the website, as this is from a course guide from a few years ago.

website doesn't have any info on it :smt017

AndyP
21st December 2005, 11:09 AM
I think those indexes are wrong.  I don't recall getting any shots on those par 3s.

edit: The indexes on this link look correct to me: http://www.thejoie.com.au/viewCourse.html?cardHeaderID=201

Moe Norman
21st December 2005, 07:20 PM
Hole Index My score
1 10 6
2 4 4
3 14 5
4 8 8
5 16 pick up
6 6 pick up
7 12 pick up
8 2 pick up
9 18 pick up
10 7 4
11 11 5
12 17 4
13 3 5
14 13 3
15 5 4
16 9 4
17 15 5
18 1 4

Indexes are funny things....how 9 could be indexed at 18 I'll never know

AndyP
21st December 2005, 08:15 PM
Indexes are funny things....how 9 could be indexed at 18 I'll never know
It's not. It's indexed at 8 as per the link I supplied in a later post.

Moe Norman
21st December 2005, 11:27 PM
oh, so it is.

that link seems a bit more accurate, though I'd consider 11 and 15 the easiest two holes.

Jarro
22nd December 2005, 07:15 AM
i still can't see why 18 is index 1 :?

even from the back tee's it isn't THAT intimidating.

BrisVegas
22nd December 2005, 08:03 AM
i still can't see why 18 is index 1  :?

IMHO, #2 is the hardest hole by a mile. I've had more train wrecks there than any other. From the tips, it can be a brute, with trouble right along the last 130m and a thin green wedged between water and nasty bunkers.

Surely #7 deserves to be rated harder as well? It's 195 metres with a green canted at 45 degrees guarded by deep buners and a swail.

nudgee
22nd December 2005, 08:39 AM
I am even happier now with my 34 points knowing that I had a broken foot at the time and only discovered by the friggin physio yesterday  :evil: .

Bastard was manipulating my foot joints on Monday and wednesday wondering why my foot was not getting better - finally wonders whether its a broken foot and sends me to the X Ray department - results of course show a friggin broken foot!!

Now I have a fibreglass cast and will be out of golfing action for a while  :evil:

NOT HAPPY JAN!!!

Eag's
22nd December 2005, 08:45 AM
i still can't see why 18 is index 1 :?

IMHO, #2 is the hardest hole by a mile. I've had more train wrecks there than any other. From the tips, it can be a brute, with trouble right along the last 130m and a thin green wedged between water and nasty bunkers.

Surely #7 deserves to be rated harder as well? It's 195 metres with a green canted at 45 degrees guarded by deep buners and a swail.

Could not agree more Dion, even if you hit a good drive on #2 you still have to make sure you are down the left side of the fairway or you can be blocked out by that damn tree :?

I would hate to play the 7th from the back plates into a gale, those bunkers are just huge :shock:

BrisVegas
22nd December 2005, 08:49 AM
Holy Crap Jamie!! Not good news..... :shock:

Hope you're fiance takes good care of you while you're laid up. Guess you'll be on ebay a lot more now that you're not playing... :wink: :lol:

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Eag's
22nd December 2005, 08:50 AM
I am even happier now with my 34 points knowing that I had a broken foot at the time and only discovered by the friggin physio yesterday :evil: .

Bastard was manipulating my foot joints on Monday and wednesday wondering why my foot was not getting better - finally wonders whether its a broken foot and sends me to the X Ray department - results of course show a friggin broken foot!!

Now I have a fibreglass cast and will be out of golfing action for a while :evil:

NOT HAPPY JAN!!!

Bloody hell Jamie that's terrible mate :shock: :(
How did this dropkick ever get qualified :?: :?:
Your 34 points must feel like 40 now mate around that place =D>

Moe Norman
22nd December 2005, 08:58 AM
I also agree #2 is the toughest hole on the course. Hate that bastard, despite scoring 3 of my 4 front nine points on it!

Jarro
22nd December 2005, 09:02 AM
I am even happier now with my 34 points knowing that I had a broken foot at the time and only discovered by the friggin physio yesterday  :evil: .

Now I have a fibreglass cast and will be out of golfing action for a while  :evil:

NOT HAPPY JAN!!!

bad luck champ :(

... but we're still on for saturdays comp at Nudgee aren't we :wink: :lol:

AndyP
22nd December 2005, 09:17 AM
Surely #7 deserves to be rated harder as well?  It's 195 metres with a green canted at 45 degrees guarded by deep buners and a swail.
Yeah, I was pretty wrapped to be hitting a 3 wood off the tee on a par 3, and not getting a shot.

How did you break the foot, nudgee?

macleod
22nd December 2005, 02:16 PM
NOT HAPPY JAN!!!

not good mate....:(

so which clubs are up for sale? :D (joking....joking..not enough sleep here at "work")

Davemason
22nd December 2005, 06:40 PM

NOT HAPPY JAN!!!

Nudgee tuff break mate hope you'll back soon you don't want to miss the Coral Cove trip

BrisVegas
11th January 2006, 04:26 PM
If you insist on having my mates scores

ozgolfers....
stoney - 38
Nudgee - 34
ken ichimiya - 34
AndyP - 30
BrisVegas - 28
Terry - 27
macleod - 24
andylo - 23
Moe Norman - 23
Eag's - 22
Dave Mason - 19
rok31 - 19
jarro - 17  
Brooky17 - NCR

non-ozgolfers...
nozomi (IPC) - 34
kee (IPC) - 32
joebar - ?? (132 gross)
Wayne - 23
Cameron - 22 (from gold tees)

Damo - did you ever work out your stableford score for this? Or will an NCR suffice?

damoocow
11th January 2006, 10:01 PM
18 I think it was..............

damoocow

BrisVegas
12th January 2006, 08:04 AM
Final scores...

ozgolfers....
stoney - 38
Nudgee - 34
ken ichimiya - 34
AndyP - 30
BrisVegas - 28
Terry - 27
macleod - 24
andylo - 23
Moe Norman - 23
Eag's - 22
Dave Mason - 19
rok31 - 19
damoocow - 18
jarro - 17
Brooky17 - NCR

non-ozgolfers...
nozomi (IPC) - 34
kee (IPC) - 32
joebar - ?? (132 gross)
Wayne - 23
Cameron - 22 (from gold tees)[/quote]

BrisVegas
11th September 2006, 12:29 PM
Any interest out there for another Xmas BBQ & golf day? I don't care where we play, I'm mainly interested in getting everyone together for a few drinks and a BBQ...

How about Nov 26 or Dec 3??

Golf could be at Gailes or Hills or anywhere cheap (<$20) or Brookwater ($75) if enough people are happy to pay that...

PeteyD
11th September 2006, 12:42 PM
I would be keen.

AndyP
11th September 2006, 01:00 PM
Definitely interested. Not sure about dates for myself, but are you thinking a Sunday?

BrisVegas
11th September 2006, 01:31 PM
yeah i was thinking that a Sunday might be easier for people with kids that play Saturday sport etc... Also, not too many places where we could all play on a Saturday, other than maybe Hills @ Jimboomba....

AndyP
11th September 2006, 01:40 PM
The reason I asked is that Gailes, Oxley would probably only be available (at cheaper comp rates) around the midday area on a Sunday.

BrisVegas
11th September 2006, 01:51 PM
yep, I know. So, if it's Gailes or Oxley we could have a BBQ after the game (dinner time). Of if we go to Hills or Brookwater we could play in the morning and have lunch afterwards.
Just you, me and PeteyD so far, so is probably moot...

AndyP
11th September 2006, 01:52 PM
I doubt it. If you build it, they will come. I can't see why we wouldn't get as many, if not more, than last year.

just
11th September 2006, 01:58 PM
Vegas
If its around those dates you mentioned, I would be keen.
Just

BrisVegas
11th September 2006, 02:18 PM
I doubt it. If you build it, they will come. I can't see why we wouldn't get as many, if not more, than last year.

ok, started a new thread for 2006 BBQ here....

http://ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?p=120477#post120477