PDA

View Full Version : Ozgolf guide to golfing fashion

Webster
16th September 2012, 01:56 PM
We have a few fashion aficionados here, so I thought it might be useful if we had a thread where Ozgolfers can post some tips, or do's and dont's ,when it comes to golfing fashion. Fire away ladies and gentlemen.

I'll go first -

1. anyone on a handicap of 10 or more shouldn't wear white shoes.

gazgolf1
16th September 2012, 02:16 PM
Plaid shorts must not be accompanied by a striped shirt and orange is the new black.

Dotty
16th September 2012, 02:37 PM
Black shoes with white socks is reserved for the kid that forgot to take his sandshoes for PE class.
(Brown shoes with white socks is reserved for the European kid that forgot to take his sandshoes for PE class.)

mike
16th September 2012, 02:43 PM
Dress like a parrot.

BenM
16th September 2012, 03:32 PM
Yeah my shoes are white with black trim; well they were, when they were new. They're just a dirty shade of brown now. But there's nothing wrong with white golf shoes no matter what your handicap.

Hot pink shirts however should only be worn by metrosexuals and low single figure handicappers (or both). In fact that goes for almost anything fluoro. And berets. No wait - nobody should ever wear a beret on a golf course. Unless they're french.

Jarro
16th September 2012, 04:36 PM
I think the white shoes call is harsh. I am a qualified chopper yet have never owned a black or brown pair of shoes.

I agree with the chopper

TheTrueReview
16th September 2012, 04:55 PM
1. Don't take notice of any fashion advice in this thread.

Lobsta
16th September 2012, 05:25 PM
Pay careful attention to how Courty dresses.

Do not dress like this.

Webster
16th September 2012, 05:28 PM
I'm talking about pure white shoes - no trim. Single figure golfers only for them please. You have to earn the right to wear the plain white.

2. Larger Ozgolfers should avoid the shirts with horizontal stripes.

haysey
16th September 2012, 05:44 PM

Do not dress like this.

+ 1 billion

Jarro
16th September 2012, 05:54 PM
Anybody that's brave enough to wear white pants gets everything they deserve IMO.

golfbound
16th September 2012, 06:10 PM

Do not dress like this.

Thumbs up!

Courty
16th September 2012, 06:18 PM

Do not dress like this.

Pretty rich coming from the guy who wore tear-away stripper pants to the course. ;)

:lol:

Captain Nemo
16th September 2012, 06:20 PM
I'm off 10 and where white shoes and belt, is that a no no...

Webster
16th September 2012, 06:24 PM
Yes. And its probably why you are still off 10. Karma.

Jarro
16th September 2012, 06:27 PM
Jack, just curious as to what a typical wardrobe of yours would be for a regular Port fairy comp round ?

Pics would be great also.

Captain Nemo
16th September 2012, 06:38 PM
Yes. And its probably why you are still off 10. Karma.

Ok, I've been as low as 6.7, deos that make me exempt......:(

markTHEblake
16th September 2012, 08:22 PM
Jack, just curious as to what a typical wardrobe of yours would be for a regular Port fairy comp round ?

Dunno about there, but when travelling north;

Polo Shirt, dirty, oversized, wrinkled, untucked in, crooked collar.
cargo pants
short socks, uneven
fishermans spare bucket hat

Basically Courty's doppelganger.

LeftyHoges
16th September 2012, 08:30 PM
Yep, the stripes MEETING checks is a no-no. You CAN wear check pants with small stripes up on the shoulders, a la Courty and my outfits for champs.

BayBum
16th September 2012, 08:32 PM
Am i the only one here that thinks Courty's get-up's are straight pimped out playa ?

I can dig it Courty 8)

Courty
16th September 2012, 08:35 PM
Am i the only one here that thinks Courty's get-up's are straight pimped out playa ?

I can dig it Courty 8)

Werd. 8)

Courty
16th September 2012, 08:36 PM
Yep, the stripes MEETING checks is a no-no. You CAN wear check pants with small stripes up on the shoulders, a la Courty and my outfits for champs.

+1 :smt023

LarryLong
16th September 2012, 08:40 PM

Of course you can wear them. You won't look good, but you can wear them. ;)

My advice: throw all your pants and shirts on the floor the night before your golf game and then get dressed in the dark the next morning. Some days you'll have a killer outfit, and other days you can just blame it on the randomness of the system.

Peter
17th September 2012, 01:52 AM
Dunno about there, but when travelling north;Polo Shirt, dirty, oversized, wrinkled, untucked in, crooked collar. cargo pantsshort socks, unevenfishermans spare bucket hatBasically Courty's doppelganger.You forgot jeans.

BayBum
17th September 2012, 06:40 AM
Acid wash with leather knee patches.

liptout
17th September 2012, 08:27 AM
heres what i do:

put out 3 outfits and let the bride choose which is most apropriate.
after she chooses what she thinks, i throw that outfit back in the wardrobe and mix and match the other 2 remaining outfits, and whatever is left after that i wear next week!!

simple.....

PerryGroves
17th September 2012, 09:01 AM
heres what i do:

put out 3 outfits and let the bride choose which is most apropriate.
after she chooses what she thinks, i throw that outfit back in the wardrobe and mix and match the other 2 remaining outfits, and whatever is left after that i wear next week!!

simple.....

Liptout,

I do a tour once a year with a bloke whose wife sorts everything for him.

We are away for 4 days, we arrive Thursday, he opens the bag marked Thursday and puts on his golf gear, showers after golf and puts on his Thursday night gear (in the appropriately marked bag as well). Gets home, dumps his bag and its all back in his wardrobe ready to wear again by the next day.

liptout
17th September 2012, 09:08 AM
ahahaha
it must be nice having a wife that actually likes you!!! ;)

imagine the sucking up he has to do to get that kind of service...........

markTHEblake
17th September 2012, 01:44 PM
Perry. What you do is steal the last days clothes set. If he does not realize the truth you can all have a laugh as he goes through the remainders giving them the sniff test.

This happened to my dad. On an interstate bowls series he bought all brand new clothes still in packets for each day and laughed at all the other guys for organizing laundry and ironing. He either miscounted or they nicked one set the latter more likely.

Goldy
17th September 2012, 04:49 PM
Liptout,

I do a tour once a year with a bloke whose wife sorts everything for him.

We are away for 4 days, we arrive Thursday, he opens the bag marked Thursday and puts on his golf gear, showers after golf and puts on his Thursday night gear (in the appropriately marked bag as well). Gets home, dumps his bag and its all back in his wardrobe ready to wear again by the next day.

This sounds like the golf clothes equivalent of Lite 'n Easy.

MegaWatty
18th September 2012, 01:53 AM
This sounds like the golf clothes equivalent of Lite 'n Easy. Brilliant! :)

PerryGroves
18th September 2012, 10:14 AM
Perry. What you do is steal the last days clothes set. If he does not realize the truth you can all have a laugh as he goes through the remainders giving them the sniff test.

This happened to my dad. On an interstate bowls series he bought all brand new clothes still in packets for each day and laughed at all the other guys for organizing laundry and ironing. He either miscounted or they nicked one set the latter more likely.

That's done next year, being the devious little shite I am, surprised I didn't think of it. He aint that smart, we could probably just cross out Sunday and put Monday on one bag for the same effect.

Jarro
18th September 2012, 10:36 AM
Short black socks are a no-no in my book :(

sms316
18th September 2012, 11:11 AM
Short black socks are a no-no in my book :( Any socks other than white ankle socks should be banned.

Jarro
18th September 2012, 11:14 AM
.... and plus 4's

sms316
18th September 2012, 11:15 AM
.... and plus 4's They're good for identifying the senile.

MegaWatty
18th September 2012, 12:59 PM
Should fatty's be allowed to wear white belts?

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2012, 01:02 PM
Straight brimmed hats should only be worn by Japanese tourists.

Ashes
18th September 2012, 01:54 PM
Straight brimmed hats should only be worn by Japanese tourists.

What about cricket style hats?

sms316
18th September 2012, 02:14 PM
Should fatty's be allowed to wear white belts? Doesn't matter. Our guts cover the belt anyway.

Jarro
18th September 2012, 02:16 PM
Doesn't matter. Our guts cover the belt anyway.

What about the back ?

Do you have back fat as well ?

sms316
18th September 2012, 02:18 PM
What about the back ?Do you have back fat as well ? Fat bastards like me don't wear tight shirts.

timah!
18th September 2012, 02:36 PM
Short black socks are a no-no in my book :(

Cos white socks with black shoes is such a great look :roll:

Jarro
18th September 2012, 02:42 PM
Cos white socks with black shoes is such a great look :roll:

better than black on black

sms316
18th September 2012, 02:45 PM
Cos white socks with black shoes is such a great look :roll: Black shoes generally look retarded with shorts anyway.

BayBum
18th September 2012, 02:52 PM
No white socks with black shoes or pants,period.Thats some beauty & the geek type shit.

PerryGroves
18th September 2012, 03:02 PM
Oh the shame, I will never be able to attend an ozgolf event until these wear out, can't wear white socks, Jarro says i can't wear black, what to do?

timah!
18th September 2012, 03:08 PM
No white socks with black shoes or pants,period.Thats some beauty & the geek type shit.

This.

sms316
18th September 2012, 03:23 PM
Oh the shame, I will never be able to attend an ozgolf event until these wear out, can't wear white socks, Jarro says i can't wear black, what to do?19577 White anklets with those are fine due to the amount of white on the sole. One of the rare occasions where black shoes are ok with shorts.

Webster
18th September 2012, 03:27 PM
White anklets with those are fine due to the amount of white on the sole. One of the rare occasions where black shoes are ok with shorts.

+1

Blacks shoes generally should only be worn with long dark pants.

Bushka
18th September 2012, 04:32 PM
Couple of boys at the club always rock the white pants/white belt / big over sized brand name buckle. Nearly all have nice little jimmies hanging over the belt, the sign of a true and endearing commitment to the game.

kev
18th September 2012, 07:35 PM
Socks should match the trousers.

matty
18th September 2012, 08:50 PM
White pants only to be worn if off single figures.
No full orange get ups.

LeftyHoges
18th September 2012, 09:02 PM
White pants only to be worn if off single figures. No full orange get ups. Nothing wrong with full orange...

Courty
18th September 2012, 09:14 PM
Relevant: http://www.totalprosports.com/2011/08/26/11-worst-dressed-golfers-on-the-pga-tour-today/

Courty
18th September 2012, 09:17 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mml/lowres/mmln109l.jpg

dc68
18th September 2012, 09:28 PM
Nothing wrong with full orange...

We are not talking hair here Lefty.

popper81
18th September 2012, 10:58 PM
We are not talking hair here Lefty. Hahahaha.... ;)

LeftyHoges
19th September 2012, 07:56 AM
Relevant: http://www.totalprosports.com/2011/08/26/11-worst-dressed-golfers-on-the-pga-tour-today/ Bullshit article. Yes, there the some bad dressers in there but their are some very fashionable blokes in there too. Jesper Parnevik was always very fashionable. Ryo Ishikawa is a pretty snappy dresser aswell. Same with Poulter, but they pick one outfit that I think I read somewhere has a good back story behind it.

Courty
19th September 2012, 08:02 AM
You're right, but the outfits in the article are all pretty ordinary... Regardless of the reasons behind it, Poulter's outfit is a disgrace.

Marto65
19th September 2012, 08:34 AM
Poulters is terrible. Normally he's pretty good.

That Ricky Fowler shot though is hurting my eyes.

When I close them, the image is still there burnt into the back of my retina.

And there is nothing wrong with having a short sleeve, baby pink, mock turtleneck.....

LeftyHoges
19th September 2012, 10:24 AM
I would wear 11, 10, 4, 3 and 2 (2 mainly for the novelty factor), no problems at all.

And in all honesty, I would probably wear Poulters too, but mainly for a laugh.

markTHEblake
19th September 2012, 12:34 PM
Dilemma. I have been wearing the stupid pants at my home club for a while now getting progressively worse each time. Now everyone is waiting to see what I wear next.

But I have no more new pants to wear so what to do? Recycle again with different shirts or just go back to beige.

Lobsta
19th September 2012, 12:43 PM
Dilemma. I have been wearing the stupid pants at my home club for a while now getting progressively worse each time. Now everyone is waiting to see what I wear next.

But I have no more new pants to wear so what to do? Recycle again with different shirts or just go back to beige.

Put your legs through the arms of your shirts and wear them as pants.

Dotty
19th September 2012, 02:24 PM

You need to re-post this in the 'Ask Dave1' thread.

Cosmopolite
19th September 2012, 04:26 PM
No beige!

Boonie
1st October 2012, 02:55 PM
No white pants unless you are both fit and tanned. Overweight + white pants is a total no-no.

Golf shoes that look like running shoes may be comfortable, but look crap.

No vests with shorts.

WBennett
1st October 2012, 03:30 PM
Boonie

I have failed all of these rules in the last month!

Boonie
1st October 2012, 04:08 PM
Boonie

I have failed all of these rules in the last month!

According to Jack's theory, that is why you're off double figures. From memory you are 10 or 11, so some fashion tweaks alone should get you down to single figures

Pencil
1st October 2012, 07:00 PM
I played with a guy yesterday who dressed like rickie fowler, pity he was about 60.

Bruce
1st October 2012, 07:28 PM
Where's that pic from Warrnambool, Jack.

Surely that is a how-to guide.

BayBum
1st October 2012, 10:08 PM
Ankle socks with dress pants....

WTF is up with this ? I see a ton of touring pros dressed like this,its a disgrace !

timah!
1st October 2012, 11:12 PM
Ankle socks with dress pants....

WTF is up with this ? I see a ton of touring pros dressed like this,its a disgrace !

Actually, it's not a disgrace at all ;)

BayBum
2nd October 2012, 06:33 AM
Ugh

Iain
2nd October 2012, 11:02 AM
I'm not sure why you think it's a disgrace? They're pants, does it really matter what type of socks they wear? Not like you'll really see them.

LeftyHoges
2nd October 2012, 11:29 AM
I'm not sure why you think it's a disgrace? They're pants, does it really matter what type of socks they wear? Not like you'll really see them.

That's right. For the 0.5 of a second they get shown on the TV you must be livid.

Ferrins
2nd October 2012, 11:30 AM

BayBum
2nd October 2012, 11:42 AM
I am absolutley livid during that time.

Daves
2nd October 2012, 12:02 PM
Black shoes with white socks, every time for me.;)

Except when you wear Crocs and no socks.;)

popper81
2nd October 2012, 12:14 PM
Except when you wear Crocs and no socks.;)

Or no shoes at all..... :lol:

Marto65
2nd October 2012, 12:48 PM
Or no shoes at all..... :lol:

Or just one shoe.

Lagerlover
2nd October 2012, 12:58 PM
Or just one shoe.

http://www.golfingworld.tv/videos/973232859001/1044037605001/manuel-de-los-santos