PDA

View Full Version : Yesterdays Hail storm - Gold Coast

Grunt
13th October 2005, 05:42 PM
Hey did any of you on the Gold Coast get beat up by that Hail storm yesterday? Looked Huge bit like Sydney 1998, cars trashed. Hope everyone was ok and no one lost too much.

Keza_G
13th October 2005, 07:05 PM
I watched it from the safety of my home.... my boss, who lives in Pacific Pines (opposite Helensvale) had 6 windows in his home smashed, my friend Mel was playing golf at Gold Coast Country club and they did not sound the siren, she heard the thunder and walked to her car (land rover discovery) then it came down on top of her... her car has about $10,000 damage and she has bruises all over her arms from sheltering under a tree not 20m from her car, she had to watch it get totalled and she herself witnessed 3 or 4 bird fie in front of her, falling from the tree she was under.

Today Mel has 6 lumps on her head and cuts and bruises on her arms and hands. OUCHY !!!!

I swapped cars with Scott today cause my car is fully insured, his is only 3rd party insurance... I would rather my car damaged than his.... the insurance will pay for mine, we would have to pay for his.... :wink:

Cheers

Keza

cazandpaul
13th October 2005, 07:59 PM
Storm was pretty much restricted to the northern end of the Coast - not much happened down the southern end luckily for us.

Good sized lumps :shock: of ice shown on the local news tonight.

markTHEblake
13th October 2005, 09:39 PM
Didnt know anything about it, it was only a really small storm cell that passed through quite quickly.