PDA

View Full Version : Gailes, Sunday 16 Oct, 12:36pm

BrisVegas
13th October 2005, 11:11 AM
Single Stab, $16.50 (i think), 10th tee, 12:36.  Room for one more, unless anyone wants to start a new group.  We're the last group at the moment.

*** EDIT - RESULTS :-

BrisVegas - 41 points
damoocow - 34 points
AndyP - 27 points

Jarro
13th October 2005, 11:15 AM
so Moocow is a definite starter for this :roll:

i assume then he won't be playing with us tomorrow :smt102

AndyP
13th October 2005, 11:25 AM
I wasn't going to play this weekend, but Vegas dangled the 'round close to home' carrot in front of me. I couldn't resist.

What are the odds of damo actually clicking on the confirm button above? He hasn't done it for anything yet.

Hopefully I can play to my personal handicap of 26 (in from 27 last week :D ).

BrisVegas
13th October 2005, 01:21 PM
brooky17 has expressed an interest in the 4th spot, pending work commitments...

1. damoocow
2. BrisVegas
3. AndyP
4. brooky17

I think it's pretty quiet at Gailes on sunday (as usual!) so if there's more interest, shouldn't be hard to get another group going.

BrisVegas
13th October 2005, 01:23 PM
so Moocow is a definite starter for this  :roll:

i assume then he won't be playing with us tomorrow   :smt102

yes, he pm'd me earlier to say we could have our match on sunday now. I believe he was only planning on taking a sickie Friday if I could also get there.

You got 4 for Friday's game anyway, you're all set. 8)

andylo
13th October 2005, 01:28 PM
Give me a call if brooky decided can't come :)

Jarro
13th October 2005, 01:51 PM
maybe we should have a combined nett total challenge between the friday and sunday groups :wink:

BrisVegas
13th October 2005, 01:52 PM
You're on.

Remember, we got damo and POTY with us and you're playing off the tips.... :wink:

Jarro
13th October 2005, 01:55 PM
cool with me :smt023

Damo's due to play to his handicap pretty soon i reckon, could be a large total on the way reaaaaal soon :lol:

umm, you guys are playing in a stab comp though .... so don't forget to play out the hole :wink:

AndyP
13th October 2005, 02:19 PM
Geez, you are keen Vegas.
We'll be lucky to beat their combined nett total, with my individual nett score.

Jarro
13th October 2005, 02:34 PM
just hope that new driver doesn't decide to go all spaz on ya Dion :wink: :P

Jarro
14th October 2005, 07:58 AM
so Vegas, do you know (off the top of your head) if there is room for another group next to you guys :?:

i'm not 100% sure i can play yet, but if others wanna make up another group ... i'll try and be in it 8)

BrisVegas
14th October 2005, 08:05 AM
We were the last group, off the 10th. Sounded pretty quiet. If you can arrange another group, I doubt Gailes would turn away the $$. Just tell em you want to play after the Dion Knowles group at 12:36.

Jarro
14th October 2005, 08:08 AM
i'll wait and see if anyone else decides they'd like to play as well.

BrisVegas
14th October 2005, 08:13 AM
just hope that new driver doesn't decide to go all spaz on ya Dion  :wink:  :P

Not likely mate. :roll: Same shaft and loft as my current setup. Just a touch more forgiving and (hopefully) longer, if anything. I hit it 8-10 times at Willawong and none of them would have missed a fairway. :wink:

Jarro
14th October 2005, 09:09 AM
i was only pulling your leg mate .... i'm sure it'll work well for you 8)

andylo
14th October 2005, 09:21 AM
jarro... I like to go ;)

Jarro
16th October 2005, 08:44 AM
you guys still thinking of playing today :?:

BrisVegas
16th October 2005, 08:46 AM
yep. Unless the course is closed. u looking for a game jarro???

damo - bring your umbrella. :lol:

Gailes will be dry/hard as usual underfoot, Best wet weather course in Brisbane.

Jarro
16th October 2005, 08:47 AM
is it raining over there :?:

it's been pissing down here all night, and still is fairly heavy at the moment :(

BrisVegas
16th October 2005, 08:52 AM
it stopped raining here an 30 minutes ago and looks like it's clearing up. Having said that, I don't think I'd wanna play NUDGEE today!! :shock: :wink:

AndyP
16th October 2005, 09:13 AM
Still raining, although not too heavy.

Didn't the Friday group pull out because there were a couple of clouds about?

Eag's
16th October 2005, 09:57 AM
Still raining, although not too heavy.

Didn't the Friday group pull out because there were a couple of clouds about?

It's ok for you guys just around the corner Andy, but us North siders have a much longer trip and one we were not keen to make if it was a waste of time.
It has been hammering down here all night and still is now :(
I don't feel so bad having to go to work today :wink:

BrisVegas
16th October 2005, 10:08 AM
Brooky17 has bailed.... :roll:

I'm still going. Damo said he'd play even in the rain. I rang hte course and they're still open, albeit fairly quiet!

Hope to see you there AndyP. Room for one more intrepid soul if anyone's keen. :lol:

damoocow
16th October 2005, 10:19 AM
Just checking to make sure you pussies haven't pulled out !
Looking fwd to the wet....................

damoocow

BrisVegas
16th October 2005, 10:25 AM
Just checking to make sure you pussies haven't pulled out !
Looking fwd to the wet....................

damoocow

yeah fair enough! I'll be there about 12 for the best meat pies in the world. :D

jaster
16th October 2005, 10:27 AM
Good luck with the new driver BV ;)

BrisVegas
16th October 2005, 10:27 AM
Good luck with the new driver BV ;)

not sure whether to use it.... don't want to get it all muddy! :oops:

jaster
16th October 2005, 10:42 AM
:lol:

AndyP
16th October 2005, 10:57 AM
Jaster, plenty of time for you to get down here and take that spare spot. ;)

Jarro
16th October 2005, 11:00 AM
have fun guys .... don't get too wet, and remember to take a spare towel to wipe all the mud of your gear after every shot :P

shazza_rs
16th October 2005, 06:20 PM
Okay so who won?

AndyP
16th October 2005, 08:11 PM
We were rewarded for braving the conditions today with a free round. :D
And in the end the weather was fairly kind to us.

I also witnessed a great tussle between Damo and Vegas, despite Vegas having to give a shot on 17 holes.
We started on the tenth, and Dion got off to a good start winning our first hole. He played very solid golf all day, and was 3up through 6 holes. It was hard to see how Damo was going to comeback.

But Vegas stumbled on the 17th (our 8th), Damo made his par and won his first hole of the day. The momentum switched, and despite Vegas making some great putts to halve holes, Damo won 5 of 8 holes, including the 17th, to be 2 up with three remaining. Once Damo got anywhere near the greens, he was doing the job.

Surely there wouldn't be another change in momentum, Damo had victory in sight. But if Vegas could survive the 7th, he knew he wouldn't have to give a shot on the 8th, and he would still have a chance.

Damo teed off first and hit what could only be described as a shocker. Must have came off the heel, as it went low and hooked madly into the ladies hole sign :shock:, before continuing to ricochet and spin off to the left. Vegas saw the gate open and took his chance by smashing his drive down the fairway a mile, followed up with a great approach and knocked in his birdie putt.

Game on!

Vegas had some confidence now, and while Damo struggled down the 8th, Vegas brought the match level with a solid punch out of the trees and a chip-in birdie.

All square heading down the last. We knew there would be a winner today, as the course was empty, and we had our choice of playoff holes.

To be continued (I have to put Mitchell to bed).

shazza_rs
16th October 2005, 08:14 PM
Ap only one word for you.....

so did the 905 get BV Home?

AndyP
16th October 2005, 08:18 PM
:twisted:

BrisVegas
16th October 2005, 08:38 PM
yeah, come on, the suspense is killing me! :lol:

shazza_rs
16th October 2005, 08:41 PM
come on ap keep telling a good story. :wink:  :roll:  :lol:

So the result was BV or damo? :(

Jarro
16th October 2005, 08:43 PM
well done Damo, i knew you could do it :smt023

BrisVegas
16th October 2005, 09:03 PM
damo and andyP - would you guys post your stab scores please.

For the record, I had 41 points. :shock: Pretty sure damo had around the same, if not better.

Thanks again for coming out in pretty ugly weather. I really enjoyed the match and the company. :)

AndyP
16th October 2005, 09:04 PM
OK, where was I? Oh yeah, the last hole, the par 5, 9th. Damo gets a shot.

Vegas smacked another one down the middle with the 905, while Damo ventured right, and was unlucky not to get have his 2nd shot in the middle of the fairway within range of the green. Instead it had hit the top of a tree and dropped straight down in the middle of a bunch of them.
Vegas strayed a little right on his 2nd, and Damo got safely out. Both within 100m now.
Vegas was off a bit of a bare lie, and I wasn't convinced that he could go at the flag. But he wasn't holding back and told me he was going for the win.
Both got there ball on the green safely, both had longish putts, Vegas with the longer. All square as far as the hole goes.
Two solid rolls of the ball later and we were left with a couple of testy little putts left. No pressure. ;) Both held there nerve, sunk the putts and we had a playoff on our hands.

But where? To minimise the total amount of walking we would have to do, we went to the par 3, 155m, 3rd, with the short 232m, par 4, 4th, as the next, if needed. Damo gets a shot.
Vegas first off. Looks great in the air. Just off the right of the green.
Damo next. Another great looking shot in the air, but oh no, it had gone too long, and off the back. He now has to negotiate the downhill tier on the green with his chip.
It was a good effort, and it only just missed the flag on the way back, but was too strong, and was left with a bit of a putt back.

Vegas was never in doubt with the up and down, and put his chip close enough to put the score on the board first, a 3. Damo put his putt within a few feet, and we were heading off for another playoff hole.

But wait, Damo jerked his putt left, and the match was over. :(

Vegas wins on the 19th hole. =D>

What a great match. Well done to both players.
I loved being a part of it. :D

AndyP
16th October 2005, 09:07 PM
damo and andyP - would you guys post your stab scores please.

For the record, I had 41 points. :shock: Pretty sure damo had around the same, if not better.
Great score, Dion.

I had 27 points. I'll take it.

I wonder if Damo will be able to figure out what he had.

Jarro
16th October 2005, 09:08 PM
well done Vegas, i knew you could do it :smt023 :roll:

AndyP
16th October 2005, 09:08 PM
well done Vegas, i knew you could do it :smt023 :roll:
You idiot. :lol:

shazza_rs
16th October 2005, 09:14 PM
Yay!

Congrats Vegas :D :D

Sounds like it was a great match. Looks like the new driver was a good purchase. :wink:

damoocow
16th October 2005, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the day guys - and congrats to Vegas - he played so well - 41 pts is not the whole story - he shot 76 off the stick - or + 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that new driver is now the subject of a post match appeal [ha ha ]

Great record of the match AP........excellent retelling! - it was a great social occasion - no personal drama's [except for the vegas duck attack!] and nice to have almost the whole course to ourselves !

for the record - I only had 34 pts by my tally - and shot 94 / 24 / 70 / -3.........so Vegas had 4 under and I had 3 under - fitting that it ended up so close

and it was free!!!

PS - AP what do you want for the 3 wood ??

damoocow

Eag's
16th October 2005, 11:52 PM
Well played Dion, sounds like you were on fire mate =D> :smt023
76 in those conditions is awsome :shock: and to top it off you got attacked by another bird :lol: that's the second time in a row right :?:

Bad luck Damo it sounded like a great match.

Top report on the round Andy :wink:

BrisVegas
17th October 2005, 07:46 AM
and to top it off you got attacked by another bird :lol: that's the second time in a row right :?:

Yeah, that's right!  What is it with these bloody birds?  

I was walking to my ball on the 1st hole (our 10th) and I must have come too close to this family of ducks.  I was probably 5-10 metres away, but I reckon the old man was big noting himself by having a crack at me.  I don't think I made any threatening gestures.  :roll:  He waddled towards me faster and faster and then launched at my face.  :shock:   I managed to fend him off and he collided with my bag.  somehow he ended up on the ground on his back and my cart rolled over his chest.   :lol:   It was so funny, seeing this duck pick itself up, shake it off and then swagger back to his family.  There must have been a dozen ducklings, so i can sorta understand why he was such an aggro bastard.

On the 7th hole (our 16th) damo chipped out from the crap into the middle of a pack(?) of kangaroos.  He hadn't noticed, but as he was getting ready to hit his ball, this huge, bad-ass roo was standing about 10 metres away, staring him down.  I told damo to just grab the ball and play it from somewhere safe.  I was scared.  :oops:   damo just told me to keep an eye on this roo while he played his shot....  brave man...  Saw a couple of the young males fighting out on the course.  They could do some serious damage to you with those back legs.  :shock:

BrisVegas
17th October 2005, 11:36 AM
Results.

BrisVegas - 41 points
damoocow - 34 points
AndyP - 27 points[/quote]

Matchplay.

BrisVegas def. damoocow on the 19th hole. :shock:

terryand
17th October 2005, 11:48 AM
Well played guys,good win Vegas,bad luck Damo.

Terry.

AndyP
17th October 2005, 01:00 PM
for the record - I only had 34 pts by my tally - and shot 94 / 24 / 70 / -3
That's not possible.
You must have 39 points at least.
Not that it matters for the order.