PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 10 September 2012

popper81
12th September 2012, 10:04 PM
Geeze AndyP, even the mods are posting in the wrong thread now.. Let's lock them down. ;)

Managed to bunt it around for 74/40 points around the local.... Played bad, scored well... Hit everything 'thin to win' as the tour players say... felt horrible all day, but kept on hitting fringes and getting up and down. 14 pars, 3 soft bogeys, and 1 birdie ( missed 4 putts inside 10ft for more :( )

Best thing, only getting a ball in the run down.... Back down to 5 now.... YAY:cry::cry::cry::cry:!

popper81
14th September 2012, 02:32 PM
Geeze AndyP, even the mods are posting in the wrong thread now.. Let's lock them down. ;)

Managed to bunt it around for 74/40 points around the local.... Played bad, scored well... Hit everything 'thin to win' as the tour players say... felt horrible all day, but kept on hitting fringes and getting up and down. 14 pars, 3 soft bogeys, and 1 birdie ( missed 4 putts inside 10ft for more :( )

Best thing, only getting a ball in the run down.... Back down to 5 now.... YAY:cry::cry::cry::cry:!

Followed up Wednesday's round, and my new anchor of 5.2, with the great score of 93 in the Dingo.... Come, play the Dingo, it will be fun, said no one.......... EVER!!!

Jarro
14th September 2012, 03:09 PM
32 points at Nudgee today.

Tough day with the wind howling for the most part :roll:

Ferrins
14th September 2012, 06:08 PM
Dingo Gailes 93/81

Fairway 4/14
GIR 3/18
scrambling 0/12
putts 37

My suckness knows no bounds

jaybam
14th September 2012, 06:31 PM
Bit early to start sandbagging for next years champs

Ferrins
14th September 2012, 06:39 PM
Not sure what OZgolf event to sandbag for. Are there any that Marto doesn't run?

BenM
14th September 2012, 06:45 PM
I played 9 holes this arvo as practice for the weekend. I reckon I lost 6 balls in those 9 holes, playing pinball between the trees my driver has deserted me. Good thing I have another one on the way :D

4BBB tomorrow and then on Sunday playing matchplay - the final of an honour board event. Hope my form is a bit better than it was today (or the other guys is worse).

AndyP
14th September 2012, 06:45 PM
The Masters is yours, Champ.

Marto65
14th September 2012, 07:52 PM
Not sure what OZgolf event to sandbag for. Are there any that Marto doesn't run?

Sandbag for the fat boy challenge.

TheTrueReview
14th September 2012, 10:37 PM
32 points at Nudgee today.Tough day with the wind howling for the most part :roll: I could imagine. Playing tennis this morning was hard enough.

BenM
15th September 2012, 03:22 PM
The comp today was 4BBB Stableford and we ended up with 47 points, which is hanging on for 3rd at the moment. Lots more cards to come in though.

I had 35 points on my own (partner had 36) so we didn't exactly shoot the lights out, just managed to both score decent points on the right holes. I hit the ball okay - in fact probably better than 35 points would suggest.... missed at least 4 greens from sand iron range and made bogeys (and worse), which is a bit uncharacteristic... but I'm just happy I won't get cut any more shots after such a decent result :)

It's great to see some decent weather again, it was a lovely day out there...

Stats here (http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/258-13246610-13246880).

TourFit
15th September 2012, 04:11 PM
Stableford at Mt Lawley this morning...

Another 79 for 38pts. Same as last week but off 9, not 10. Will probably lose another 0.4 or so to get back down into the mid 8's.

Putted great again. 29 or 30 for the round and a lot of good lags from distance. I had 3 birdies, all holed putts from outside the 15ft range. I also threw in a couple of silly doubles (for single points) where I just either made a bad decision or didn't execute very well at all. Both were stuffed up around the greens.

Happy to be in some form again though.

Ashes
15th September 2012, 04:28 PM
Nicely done Fit

catch22
15th September 2012, 05:38 PM
GW tourfit!

I had a 89/71, 46f 43b.
Started out with a 7 on the first then an 8 on the second (5 putt!), but got a bit better after that. Won a handicap matchplay 3/1 even though he beat me by 6 strokes on the front.

The nunchuk is still a Fairway hitting machine (by my standards anyway) and most of the FW's I missed were only just off in the first cut.
Somehow I hit 5 GIR on the back 9, so my irons were also pretty good. Putter .. not so great again.

8/14FW, 6/18GIR, 38 putts, 3 x 3 putts, 1 x 5 putt.
Handicap down to 16.9 now, another .7 to get back down to my anchor!

rubin
15th September 2012, 05:52 PM
Skipped par at harty to play meadow springs again today.
19/19 for 38 points, so definately worth it.

A few highlights, eagled both 7 and 18. The 7th is my favourite hole on the course now. Bombed driver and cut the corner off massively. Had to nail a 7iron and put it to within a few feet, put for eagle - happy times (pretty sure I distracted the group teeing off on the 9th as well)
18, another big drive, but wind was well and truly into us by this stage. Hit 4 iron to the middle of the green. Lined up the putt, but was thinking 2 putt min, and just put the perfect roll on it. Great way to finish a round.

Need to find a way to start better though, the first 3/4 holes are killing me (4 straight 1 pointers), and my putting disappears for a few holes at a time sometimes as well. Still I'm getting the ball flight I'm looking for, and with time, the low scores will follow.

Ronny
15th September 2012, 05:57 PM
Played in the holden scramble at Northlakes today. Was an enjoyable round the with group of guys we had. ALOT of sledging and drinks.

It was required considering the round took close to 5 1/2 hours because of the group in front that was 2 holes behind!

I think 23 had a gross 72 with a handicap of 8.5. No where near the winners so left early to get home and on the rums. Still haven't weighed on yet so keeping the rums happening!!

Yossarian
15th September 2012, 05:57 PM
Skipped par at harty to play meadow springs again today.
19/19 for 38 points, so definately worth it.

A few highlights, eagled both 7 and 18. The 7th is my favourite hole on the course now. Bombed driver and cut the corner off massively. Had to nail a 7iron and put it to within a few feet, put for eagle - happy times (pretty sure I distracted the group teeing off on the 9th as well)
18, another big drive, but wind was well and truly into us by this stage. Hit 4 iron to the middle of the green. Lined up the putt, but was thinking 2 putt min, and just put the perfect roll on it. Great way to finish a round.

Need to find a way to start better though, the first 3/4 holes are killing me (4 straight 1 pointers), and my putting disappears for a few holes at a time sometimes as well. Still I'm getting the ball flight I'm looking for, and with time, the low scores will follow.

Congrats on your first and second eagles.

Croydo
15th September 2012, 06:25 PM
4 birdies and an eagle for 42 points.

jaybam
15th September 2012, 06:35 PM
Played like a busted ass for most of the day for a -2 in stroke vs par. Had two birdies and a run of pars on the back nine though that was encouraging. Rumour has it my playing partner won b grade though. He is one of the boys in the fat buggers thread lol

popper81
15th September 2012, 07:04 PM
2000.... I love golf, alcohol ban lifted, getting drunk!!

jaybam
15th September 2012, 07:05 PM
2000.... I love golf, alcohol ban lifted, getting drunk!! Where did you play. LL was hoping you would join us but nfver replied. Rude prick

steeler
15th September 2012, 08:44 PM
sounds like a hot round CROYDO. Interested to hear the details.

course was finally restored back to the full 18 and par 72. Green still recovering from the recent coring.

Gross: 71
Net: 68

Hit 3 of the par 5's in two. Three putted one from 60 feet, missed an 8 footer and left a 25 footer in the jaws

3 birdies, 2 bogeys

Fairways 10/13
Greens 10 / 18
Putts 30
Sand saves 2/2

Still hate golf link. my 40 points replaced a 40 points from 20 rounds ago so no change in my handicap.

popper81
15th September 2012, 09:27 PM
Where did you play. LL was hoping you would join us but nfver replied. Rude prick Any wonder!!!

Lagerlover
15th September 2012, 09:32 PM
Shame, you could have had some of my B grade winner chocolates..

Croydo
15th September 2012, 09:35 PM
7/13 fairways
9/18 greens
30 putts
3/3 sand saves

Started off bad, was 3 down after 2, made a bomb on 8 for birdie, then the putter got hot. Shot even par on the back with a triple.
We won the best ball, and would have won the best ball scratch as well with 8 under.

Shadesy
16th September 2012, 08:39 AM
84/74 in the third round of Club champs. I am 3 from the lead in B Grade which is Nothing, considering the leader has shot 90/90/77 off 10.
I am actually 10th in Gross

2 things of note. After 161 birdie free holes, i finally broke the drought. This may become a thread idea

I went to 9.4 which means i am now single marker and can look down my nose at higher markers.

Final Round today.

Ashes
16th September 2012, 08:49 AM
Congrats Shadesy - good luck for today!

Golfnut
16th September 2012, 10:10 AM
Go Shadesy.

Jeffo1123
16th September 2012, 11:24 AM
Haven't posted in here in a bit due to very anger making golf. Would have a solid first 9 and then crumble to crap the following nine causing the handicap to go out due to losing some better scores off the 20 in recent weeks.

Shot an 86 for 42 points yesterday which was leading when I put the cards in. Still should have been better.
1st - putt horseshoed around hole
2nd - putt stopped on a piece of dirt at edge of hole
9th & 17th - missed putts from about a foot trying not to stand on lines.

All in all got away with some crap shots so that kind of makes up for it. Need to keep putting these rounds together to get the cap down hopefully!!

steeler
16th September 2012, 11:25 AM
Good luck in the final round shadesy. Its hard going for b and c grade leaders going into the final round. Keep the pressure on by playing steady golf. Another 84 will nearly be good enough IMO.

BenM
16th September 2012, 02:05 PM
Probably too late for you to see this before the round but good luck Shadesy!

I just won the final of an honour board event 2 and 1, some gold writing coming my way - I hope you get some too :) Didn't play out of my skin but made some clutch putts and was just more consistent. I felt bad for my opponent, he drove his ball about 45 degrees right on the 17th (260m par 4) and couldn't find it so he was 3 off the tee, I punted a 3 wood up the middle and a sand iron to 20 feet and 2 putted for par and an easy win. Not a great way for him to lose but that's golf I guess!

Golfnut
16th September 2012, 02:32 PM
Exactly...... Well done Ben!!

BenM
16th September 2012, 03:24 PM
Pretty stoked - but since this is a 'what did you shoot this week' thread I thought I'd try and work out what I shot. Played well, but didn't think I played out of my skin.

Counting gimmes (and he didn't give me anything outside 2 foot all day) - shot 1 over off the stick round the front, bogeyed 4 and 6, birdied 8, to be 3 up at the turn.

The back 9 is harder - we played through a group of ladies on 11 (they play comps on Sunday mornings). He smashed his tee shot OOB left, I smashed mine into trees well right and didn't think I'd find it. He suggested we just call it a half and get out of the ladies way - I was 3 up at the time and feeling generous so I said yes. I did find my ball though and would've had a straightforward chip out.

I played up 18 after the match finished (made bogey) - ignoring 11, I played the back 9 in 4 over. So even if I allow for a double on 11 (probably could've easily made 5) that's 79 off the stick.

And still only just scraped home a 2/1 win, against a 14 handicapper. Sheesh.

Matchplay is great isn't it - it seems to bring out the best golf - just need to figure out how to apply that to every round!

mrbluu
16th September 2012, 04:16 PM
34 points 17/17 @ cabra to day off 8 again.
2 birdies
7 pars
3 x 3putts

Happy with today''s efforts considering it was cored greens (although they weren't to blame). I'm working a little swing change (thanks virge) and new chipping technique. Pretty happy with how everything was going, just need more practice and to work on the putting. Fingers crossed it will all come good for the champs in a couple of weeks.

Bruce
16th September 2012, 04:49 PM
31 points at RMW on a glorious Spring day. What a lovely welcome home present.

Hit the ball pretty well, but the greens were amazingly hard and slick and found me out pretty badly.