View Full Version : Grunt's Swing

Grunt
13th October 2005, 06:35 AM
Here is the worst swing in OzGolf!!

http://files.filefront.com/12_October_05/;4243320;;/fileinfo.html

Jarro
13th October 2005, 07:52 AM

we haven't seen it yet mate so how can we say it's the worst on Ozgolf :roll: :lol:

Grunt
13th October 2005, 07:54 AM
it is in the range session post at the moment UGLY

andylo
13th October 2005, 08:00 AM
When it will come?

Grunt
13th October 2005, 08:02 AM
I think that is it.

andylo
13th October 2005, 08:11 AM
AH! Over swing and a outside in cut.

But I am not a expert so I will stop here :)

peter_rs
13th October 2005, 08:37 AM
my 1 cent,

Not to bad.

The overswing is fine (not great but workable).

By changing how you start the down swing you could change that swing easy to a in-in, and you would be going straight.

How is the swing master going?

Courty
13th October 2005, 08:58 AM

Doesn't look that bad to me. The main issue to my untrained eyes, is that you just need to work on your balance and posture a little. Maybe a little outside-in swing plane too. But that can be managed.

Grunt
13th October 2005, 03:34 PM
To be honest I don't think I regularly swing the club as badly as that video. I know I do swing too fast and if I slow it up I get way more consistency out of my shots and surprisingly a bit more distance.

I was getting lessons for a while then Pennants started and my pro advised not to change anything until that was over, then there was the club Matchplay champs & now the is the Club Championships; when am I supposed to get a new swing in here?

So I really have a new takeaway and backswing (I still go a little too far) and the rest of the swing is 20 odd years of making it worse.

So the Worst swing in OzGolf is a works in Progress & I hope you all enjoy my trials and tribulations.

Jono
15th October 2005, 04:24 PM
Grant,

Good luck with your "work in progress". Funny I said exactly the same thing to Jimandr during our last game ... that my swing is a work in progress. I've been working on swing changes for over a year now, initially with a coach and now on my own.

We should have a range session again soon and compare our works in progress ... 8)

Grunt
16th October 2005, 06:40 AM
Sounds like a good idea jono, I guess Homebush is a good meeting point for most OzGolfers. I will have the tape in the Video cam next time and will be able to put the swings on a proper vid program to break them down a whole lot better than the ones we took on Wed night. Also once we get more I could burn them to either VCD or DVD too.

Jono
16th October 2005, 07:49 AM
Camcorder with high shutter speed is the way to go. You can see the club positions much better. Lot of the camcorders these days have Sports Mode ... which is shutter speed of 800 or greater. To utilize the higher shutter speeds, you really need some sun light. Daylight saving is coming up soon ... 8)

Grunt
9th January 2006, 02:21 PM
OK now a few of you have had the pleasure of playing with me I am ready for the harsh reviews.oon't hold back as I wish to get as much info as I can to further the improvement I know I can meet.

Matt 3 Jab
9th January 2006, 05:52 PM
Like me grant, you like to have a lash at your driver, but i differ in the fact that i control my iron shots by swinging what i feel is 3/4's. With your driver, you need to find a swing that works, but where you will drop that handicap is putting the ball on the green with the irons, and when you do miss, miss by a tiny margin so you can give yourself a good chance of getting up and down.
Now as other people have said, your dowswing i believe is starting in the wrong place, you need that lower body being smoother and getting into a good position with your hands, coming from the inside a little, especialy with the driver.
i would say start feeling like your swinging smoother, and working on getting your hands in a good position on the way down.
my 2c's worth, always up for a range session aswell so let me know if your going somewhere and ill give what ever advice i have.

Grunt
9th February 2006, 07:07 PM
Well here is another swing of mine from today @ Shellharbour Links. It was probably my worst swing of the day, trying too hard for the camera!

http://files.filefront.com/Golf_Swing_Files003MOV/;4738931;;/fileinfo.html

jimandr
9th February 2006, 10:26 PM
It's all my fault, as I was the video taper. Venue is the 10th at Shellharbour Links.

The shot was a poor drive, fat/skied only about 150m, but it was the first fairway Grant found for the day.

Ducky
22nd June 2006, 06:15 PM
That was awesome, Grant, you absolutely ripped it!

Nice little fade back into the fairway, I like it.

Grunt
22nd March 2007, 01:09 PM
I went to a swing analyser today to see what if any changes need to be made to standard clubs for me. After initial measurements it had me as stock off the shelf clubs would suit me. I then had a few swings and got some reading from other inputs, face stickers & lie stickers on some clubs. 1 club was .5" longer. Out of that came that the 0.5"longer club 2* upright would be the correct configuration for me. The computer then list ed some clubs that would suit me ranging from Titleist 735's to Mizuno mp19's. Had a hit with both the Callaway x-20 and the TM R7 irons, very nice. Will have to save up the funds for new irons. May have to set a goal to pass before I get them.

Grunt
22nd March 2007, 01:15 PM
yep, going to work hard on that this afternoon. Going out for a nine hole twilight comp round at Mac Grange.

mikezone13
22nd March 2007, 01:31 PM
Grunt..as you know I'm no expert...but two things you need to look at...however they go hand in hand.

1. Don't try to swing every shot at 110%.
2. Keep your balance.

I second that, swing within yourself, so that when you have to rip it you can.

If every shot is a rip it means every shot can be a clanger.

Jono
22nd March 2007, 08:11 PM
Nah ... stuff that. Hit the snot out of the ball ... 8)

:lol:

Trung
23rd March 2007, 12:47 AM
yep, going to work hard on that this afternoon. Going out for a nine hole twilight comp round at Mac Grange.

One afternoon or 9 holes is not going to do it. You will be back to the current -Grunt in no time.

I reckon 30 days, 2 large buckets each day at a driving range.

andylo
23rd March 2007, 07:39 AM
One afternoon or 9 holes is not going to do it. You will be back to the current -Grunt in no time.

I am so glad that I am not the only one in OZG would be thinking the same....

amanda
23rd March 2007, 07:41 AM
As long as you're practicing the right things! Otherwise you will just be further entrenching bad habits :(

Jono
24th March 2007, 01:50 PM

Hmm ... That's about $750. :-k

Just hit 1 large bucket a day and buy yourself a BURNER! 8)

Grunt
24th March 2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks for yet another meaningful post Jono;)

Jono
24th March 2007, 08:17 PM
No worries, Grant. Thought you might appreciate that ... ;)

Actually, don't worry about the Burner. Get an AURORA! 8)

Grunt
24th March 2007, 08:20 PM
Happy with the R7 460, but thanks again Jono;)

TS
24th March 2007, 08:21 PM
I find Post #26 helpful. Any improvement will be priceless.

Grunt
1st August 2007, 05:16 PM
Just spent a few hours swinging the Swingmaster to get some rhythm & tempo into my swing. Today I felt like i was swinging ok, just a few time frustration of the bad outcomes got the better of me and I was trying to hit the cover off the ball.
Another thing I noticed I was doing off the tee, I think I am standing too close to the ball. I have just started to tee the ball higher and as a result if I get it wrong I seem to almost shank the drive. I tried to address this as the round completed and hit some good drives when I concentrated on making sure i was not addressing the ball too close, I started to line up the ball with the toe of the driver.
Andrew may be able to answer the above questions as he was there to see it, but if you ask anyone that saw my 2 shots on the 1st hole you would have thought this could be a good day for me. I seemed again to be hitting the ball ok but was not able to score from it.
Also hit as good a 6i I could hit on the 13th @ Bankstown, ended up a little over a metre out for a good birdie. Pity it was the A grade NTP as I was well inside the name on the plate.
I will practice some more tomorrow as the car will be in service and there is some time to kill.

hjhjh220
12th February 2008, 12:35 AM
I will replay after i loading the video and see it :)

Grunt
19th May 2008, 08:18 AM
Off to the Driving range today, got a lesson booked for Wednesday.
I am going to get this right before I get my new clubs/irons. Have not had a lesson for some time and I think I have drifted back into the old habits. I have to work on my posture at setup, I have a feeling that me being so hunched over I can't coil properly and it is promoting the hip sway that I possess at the moment. Start at the beginning and it may all come together.

Grunt
31st May 2008, 07:36 AM
Off to the range again this morning, going to work on a consistent swing and get a rough idea what distances I get with each of my new clubs. Holes are a bitch when you are over the back of almost every time.

Grunt
6th January 2012, 04:21 PM
This Swing needs help, I am so bad at the moment I don't think 36 will be a high enough handicap.

Hooks, Slices you name it I have got it. I really have no idea where each shot is going to go before I hit it.

virge666
6th January 2012, 04:47 PM
This Swing needs help, I am so bad at the moment I don't think 36 will be a high enough handicap.

Hooks, Slices you name it I have got it. I really have no idea where each shot is going to go before I hit it.

Hook up with I Golf mate - he can sort you out...

I know I am the wrong side of the ditch, but if you are ever up this way....

Grunt
6th January 2012, 04:51 PM
Virge, I will one day for sure, it is truly horrible at the moment. Golf is pars or wipes now.

Pinglauncher
9th January 2012, 07:15 PM
Virge, I will one day for sure, it is truly horrible at the moment. Golf is pars or wipes now.

I am with you Grant. I am absolutely clueless at the moment

Yossarian
9th January 2012, 07:16 PM
Lawn bowls.

Eldrick
9th January 2012, 07:35 PM

i hear that.even when i get a decent shot(the one in five).there is the fear of screwing up the next one

Grunt
22nd November 2012, 08:12 AM
After a prolonged break I am hitting the golf course once again, it will be my first swing since March. Am playing in a memorial golf day and Botany. Is Ambrose so I am weaning myself back into it. I actually can feel the urge to play once more.

Who know I may even join a club again in Sydney now that I am soon to be a normal worker and have weekends off regularly.

virge666
22nd November 2012, 01:09 PM
Welcome back to the fold...

How many rowing forums are you a member of ?

Grunt
22nd November 2012, 02:20 PM
Not Rowing it is paddling, big difference!!!

Eldrick
23rd November 2012, 05:22 AM
Calling paddling rowing

Grunt
20th November 2013, 05:53 PM

Good to know after the weekend it did not get any worse (maybe it did 54 handicap on Saturday only got me tied for the lead) and to be honest on Monday there was a slight glimmer that some ever so slight ability was coming back.

I think with some regular games I might even find the 25-27 mark playable for the amount of golf I can fit in at the moment. Some tweaking of the bag could be on the cards too. I was playing my best golf in late 2010 with a 4 wood in the bag, finding one with a reg shaft maybe tough though. I think the addition of a 3/4 hybrid set up will help too.

Waddzy
20th November 2013, 08:04 PM
Callaway razr x blk 4 wood with a stock reg callaway shaft . Yours for $60 plus post . I paid $90 + post and hit about 5 balls with it.

Grunt
20th November 2013, 08:07 PM
Hmm very tempted. Will get back to you after this weeks game.

Waddzy
20th November 2013, 08:09 PM
No worries , not going anywhere anyway!

peter_rs
20th November 2013, 08:52 PM
Grunt try more layup hybrid swings or the ones from the sand

You almost had a normal about of leg drive and hand speed

Grunt
29th December 2014, 04:50 PM
Serious question for you all!!

Would a session at the range be a WOFTAM? Or should I just realise that I am a hacker and deal with it and get on the 30+ handicap bandwagon?

mrbluu
29th December 2014, 05:59 PM
All u need to do is play more than once a quarter....every time you string a few games together u are able to beat any Ricky Fowler copycat 7yo that is half your height and gives u 4 shots!!!

Grunt
29th December 2014, 06:03 PM
All u need to do is play more than once a quarter....every time you string a few games together u are able to beat any Ricky Fowler copycat 7yo that is half your height and gives u 4 shots!!!

Thanks for your vote of Confidence mate, I may even go to the range tomorrow to get confident I know what end of the club is the handle thingy and the other end that hits the white thing.

Peppas
29th December 2014, 06:54 PM
Just hurt yourself and that helps, apparantly.

Grunt
30th October 2017, 05:20 PM
Well after a decent hiatus I got the clubs out on Saturday and went to Sharkies for a bucket of balls. To be honest it was better than expected, overall i am still crap but only a few out and out shockers in hte bucket. Scariest was the pulls with the shorter irons, 8i or less went left. Long irons and Driver were a slight gay slice but would be workable on the right course.

Should i get a game in before Royal Hobart in a little over 3 weeks?

grandmasterb
1st November 2017, 10:34 AM
Well after a decent hiatus I got the clubs out on Saturday and went to Sharkies for a bucket of balls. To be honest it was better than expected, overall i am still crap but only a few out and out shockers in hte bucket. Scariest was the pulls with the shorter irons, 8i or less went left. Long irons and Driver were a slight gay slice but would be workable on the right course.

Should i get a game in before Royal Hobart in a little over 3 weeks?

A gay slice will be perfect around Royal so I wouldn't bother with the practice round!

Grunt
4th October 2018, 09:22 PM
Well that time again where I head to the Bus industry confederation conference, this year Cairns. Will be playing Paradise Palms on Thursday. Clubs are packed will be interesting.

mrbluu
4th October 2018, 09:23 PM
Well that time again where I head to the Bus industry confederation conference, this year Cairns. Will be playing Paradise Palms on Thursday. Clubs are packed will be interesting.Watch out for the crocs !!![emoji16]

Grunt
4th October 2018, 09:25 PM
Are they the locals or the reptiles?

Scary thing is I have also committed to a game in Sydney when I get back too. Transdev charity day at The Ridge.

mrbluu
4th October 2018, 09:26 PM
Are they the locals or the reptiles?

Scary thing is I have also committed to a game in Sydney when I get back too. Transdev charity day at The Ridge.Sounds like a lot of crop dusting to me. Good to see u back....sort of [emoji16]

Grunt
4th October 2018, 09:28 PM
Will see how I go might have to get back on the Champs circuit once again. When are the next ones?

Dcanto
5th October 2018, 01:02 PM
Well that time again where I head to the Bus industry confederation conference, this year Cairns. Will be playing Paradise Palms on Thursday. Clubs are packed will be interesting. You'll have fun. At this time of year I would be more worried about the snakes rather than the crocs. 😁

Jono
5th October 2018, 04:09 PM
Will see how I go might have to get back on the Champs circuit once again. When are the next ones?Feb 2019 down south. Should be a good one too. 😎

Grunt
11th October 2018, 03:54 PM
Im back baby!!

Had a win today in a 4 man ambrose at Paradise Palms.

55.75 nett 66 scratch.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181011/2fd47f9e8605263afe32d2d72e0eaaa2.jpg

Toxic
11th October 2018, 04:26 PM
Im back baby!!Had a win today in a 4 man ambrose at Paradise Palms. 55.75 nett 66 scratch.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181011/2fd47f9e8605263afe32d2d72e0eaaa2.jpg How was the course conditions?

Grunt
11th October 2018, 04:45 PM
Very very dry, greens looked as they were cored recently and are still returning.

Toxic
11th October 2018, 04:55 PM
Very very dry, greens looked as they were cored recently and are still returning. Cheers,Just checked, haven't been cored since April 🙄

Grunt
14th October 2018, 05:57 PM
Cheers,Just checked, haven't been cored since April 

Wow very very bumpy and can still see the core holes on most greens.

Had another game yesterday at The Ridge, first time there some good and bad holes. Not bad for a council track. Was very soggy at its low points. No win yesterday so the move to the professional Corporate Ambrose Golf tour is a few weeks away.

Jono
14th October 2018, 06:15 PM
Wow very very bumpy and can still see the core holes on most greens. Had another game yesterday at The Ridge, first time there some good and bad holes. Not bad for a council track. Was very soggy at its low points. No win yesterday so the move to the professional Corporate Ambrose Golf tour is a few weeks away.Which holes did you like and which ones didn’t you like?10th is my favourite. Not sure which ones I dislike but I’m not a fan of the powerlines on the second.

Grunt
15th October 2018, 06:15 AM
10th was our first, yes power lines on 2 were a WTF impression. Looking back it was more a course with good and not so good holes. Another round or two there and I will have a better review.

Grunt
4th January 2021, 08:12 PM
Well I thought this would be as good a place as any to repost.
How are we all, Grunt is going to swing a club again tomorrow. After a hectic 2020, marriage breakdown, covid, turning 50. I have decided to get back to the game that gave me a heap of great friends.
I am off to Milperra driving range tomorrow to see of it all works.
Game TBA

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

mrbluu
4th January 2021, 08:15 PM
Well I thought this would be as good a place as any to repost.
How are we all, Grunt is going to swing a club again tomorrow. After a hectic 2020, marriage breakdown, covid, turning 50. I have decided to get back to the game that gave me a heap of great friends.
I am off to Milperra driving range tomorrow to see of it all works.
Game TBA

Sent from my Pixel 5 using TapatalkAwesome mate. Let me know when you want a game!!

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Grunt
4th January 2021, 08:15 PM
Next week?

backintheswing
4th January 2021, 08:20 PM
Next week?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using TapatalkGet peps out as well

AndyP
4th January 2021, 08:41 PM
Good to hear, Grunt. I'm well and truly back into it now.

markTHEblake
4th January 2021, 08:48 PM
Welcome back to the fold ( and to the seniors)

Grunt
5th January 2021, 09:21 AM
First swing in over 18 months, was not too bad. More good than bad hits. Will see how it goes on a golf course.

Dcanto
5th January 2021, 09:24 AM
First swing in over 18 months, was not too bad. More good than bad hits. Will see how it goes on a golf course. Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk Good to hear you're getting back out onto the course. Hope 2021 is a better year for you.

mrbluu
5th January 2021, 06:30 PM
Next week?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using TapatalkSure![emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Jarro
5th January 2021, 06:47 PM
Welcome back mate [emoji41][emoji106][emoji466]

Grunt
7th January 2021, 10:37 AM
Commitment to play next Tuesday at Cabramatta. More than 18 points will be a bonus.
1st comp game since 02/02/2017 [emoji15]

Peppas
7th January 2021, 07:18 PM
Got any spare spots? I have Tuesday off

Grunt
7th January 2021, 07:35 PM
Not sure a mate outside Ozgolf booked it for me, 6:30 tee off.

Peppas
7th January 2021, 07:36 PM
If theres any spare spots im happy to join you guys, otherwise all good.

Grunt
7th January 2021, 08:04 PM
If theres any spare spots im happy to join you guys, otherwise all good.Just messaged the mate who booked and said there wasn't when he booked.

Peppas
7th January 2021, 09:01 PM
No worries mate, have a good round!