PDA

View Full Version : Who will win a major first.....

Anfield
12th September 2012, 04:04 PM
Lee Westwood or
Luke Donald or
Adam Scott
Some 11yr old kid we don't know yet
I reckon westwood, but only just before the 11yr old turns 23

Jarro
12th September 2012, 04:07 PM
Adam Scott.

He's swinging the club beautifully and rolling in some good putts :)

Leon Phelps
12th September 2012, 04:08 PM
Westwood, as long as Rory, Tiger and the 11 year old don't play....

markTHEblake
12th September 2012, 04:16 PM
DC68, he has gone into training. Who knows how good he will be when he transforms into a Lean Mean Fighting Machine!

Oh wait was that Stripes or Full Metal jacket. One of those did not end so well.

popper81
12th September 2012, 05:56 PM
I think Scott, followed by Donald... Westwood is brutal, but doesn't seem to show up at the big stage.

Johnny Canuck
12th September 2012, 06:00 PM
I think Scott, followed by Donald... Westwood is brutal, but doesn't seem to show up at the big stage. Quite a few top 3 finishes at majors. A little harsh calling him brutal. I would call it a toss up between Scott and Westwood.

popper81
12th September 2012, 06:05 PM
Quite a few top 3 finishes at majors. A little harsh calling him brutal. I would call it a toss up between Scott and Westwood.

Little harsh? That is a massive complement in my book..... He just muscles his way around golf courses, that is BRUTAL, and not something anyone can do. The thing that hurts is his putting... A quick google tells me he is ranked 142 in strokes gained putting, and 80 in putting overall... Ranked 7 for birdies though.

Jarro
12th September 2012, 06:07 PM
Westwood looks more likely than Donald at the moment.

Tongueboy
12th September 2012, 06:17 PM
Scott is tainted now. Short on air. I will go with Donald or some 14 year old South Korean girl!

dc68
12th September 2012, 08:41 PM
DC68, he has gone into training. Who knows how good he will be when he transforms into a Lean Mean Fighting Machine!

Oh wait was that Stripes or Full Metal jacket. One of those did not end so well.

You idiot.

Lucasto23
12th September 2012, 09:04 PM
Scott has to be the pick of that bunch, yes he is slightly tainted but the ball striking has to have British open in it somewhere down the track especially if Darren Clarke could snag one.

oz
12th September 2012, 09:46 PM
As much as I'd like to see Scott winning majors, I hope Westwood can get it done. I just really like his game and can appreciate the way he has handled himself throughout his career.

dave1
13th September 2012, 11:45 AM
as we have sen over the last 3 or 4 years, so many different guys winning the depth is huge. I think Scott will contend more nad more and i think will even be better player in his mid to late 30's

I think scott will win the US masters at some point

Sydney Hacker
13th September 2012, 12:30 PM
Did you have to submit a written application for your new job?

live4golf
13th September 2012, 12:38 PM

Read this while I was drinking water...spat it out over the table, thanks.

Daves
13th September 2012, 12:39 PM

Don't mock the Oracle SH.;)

Dotty
13th September 2012, 02:19 PM
That is how he got the job.

It shows that he can communicate fluently in disenfranchised teenager.

PerryGroves
13th September 2012, 02:42 PM

Werd

dave1
13th September 2012, 10:32 PM

I think you know the answer to that

dave1
13th September 2012, 10:35 PM

Look I'm not going to spend ages editing here but trust me, work is a different case.

Our case notes are not huge to be honest, about half a page for each visit - We prefer tp spend more time with the client that wrirting about them!

Johnny Canuck
13th September 2012, 11:36 PM
I lol!

markTHEblake
13th September 2012, 11:54 PM
Look I'm not going to spend ages editing here but trust me, work is a different case.

Maybe you could have a quick look after you posted, its right in front of your eyes, and fix any obvious glaring mistakes like normal people do. Takes about 10 seconds.

dave1
14th September 2012, 12:01 AM
Maybe you could have a quick look after you posted, its right in front of your eyes, and fix any obvious glaring mistakes like normal people do. Takes about 10 seconds.

ptfff, sorry

PerryGroves
14th September 2012, 12:04 AM

Maybe I am not your "normal people" because I am not a Qlder.

I love Dave1's stuff and could be asred with yours, chase him away with your pedantry if you wish.

dave1
14th September 2012, 01:52 AM
Honesty who cares what I think? Half the time I dont even care what I think.

Ferrins
14th September 2012, 05:46 AM
Luke Donald

Dotty
14th September 2012, 07:16 AM
For this half of the time, have you ever considered not posting about the things that you don't care about?

It would save a lot of unnecessary frustration and column-space.

Tongueboy
14th September 2012, 08:43 AM
dave1 goes ok. he is not a legend like a lot of blokes on here. which is good.

blurry
14th September 2012, 03:22 PM
Honesty who cares what I think? Most of the time I dont even care what I think.;)

PeteyD
14th September 2012, 07:43 PM
Maybe I am not your "normal people" because I am not a Qlder.

I love Dave1's stuff and could be asred with yours, chase him away with your pedantry if you wish.

Do not taint QLDers by calling blakey one.

Daves
14th September 2012, 08:55 PM

dave1
25th September 2012, 11:15 PM
I dont

a golf forum isnt life n death, far from it

Yossarian
25th September 2012, 11:17 PM
Such wisdom from one so young.

Hatchman
26th September 2012, 11:24 AM
I'd like Adam Scott to win one or more but don't think he will. Had his chance and blew it or can I say choked it? The scares from that will prevent him from getting the job done.

Puji
26th September 2012, 11:31 AM
^ it didn't stop Rory from steamrolling the field in the next major.

But Ror's is younger, stronger, more talented and just better than Scott.

Post Scott choke, he hasn't even been able to get onto highlight reels, let alone contend on Sunday afternoons.

I'd like for Scott to win (when he turfs the broomstick). But I think his time has come and gone. I would love to eat my own words though!!!

Hatchman
26th September 2012, 12:10 PM
^ it didn't stop Rory from steamrolling the field in the next major.

But Ror's is younger, stronger, more talented and just better than Scott.

Post Scott choke, he hasn't even been able to get onto highlight reels, let alone contend on Sunday afternoons.

I'd like for Scott to win (when he turfs the broomstick). But I think his time has come and gone. I would love to eat my own words though!!!

Some learn from the experience and they become stronger for it (Rory) and others fold under the pressure the next occasion brings (Adam and how can we not forget the great white guppy). I like you, hope I'm very wrong.

TheTrueReview
26th September 2012, 12:14 PM
I'd like Adam Scott to win one or more but don't think he will. ...

He's the one most likely out of our crop but our crop is very unlikely to win a major. Just not good enough and a number of them will be losing their US touring cards this year.