PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get your cheap flights?

Jeffo1123
12th September 2012, 10:22 AM
Attention frequent holidayers...

I'm looking at heading to Singapore or KL for a few nights and am looking for flights.. Are there any sites that people use that believe are much cheaper than others from experience? Or sites for hotels as well??

Cheers

shavey
12th September 2012, 11:20 AM
Word to the wise, always go direct to the hotel website instead of expedia, wotif etc for the best rates with greatest flexibility.

JADO75
12th September 2012, 11:54 AM
Check out Scoot airlines to fly to Singapore, great value. I've flown with them, food was crap but everything else was spot on.

Jeffo1123
12th September 2012, 12:40 PM
Check out Scoot airlines to fly to Singapore, great value. I've flown with them, food was crap but everything else was spot on. I don't think they operate from Perth!! Looking at just going tiger.. Flown with them before and it was actually pretty good - might go red eye type flights and then can just sleep anyway

markTHEblake
12th September 2012, 12:43 PM
I last booked flights with Zuji or whatever it's called. Google for cheap flights and they all come up. It's a no brainer.

Have had no regrets booking hotels through the wot ifs et al. I think one place in Bali told us they wouldn't match the deal when we decided to stay extra days.

Jarro
12th September 2012, 12:53 PM
Qantas Staff Travel :mrgreen:

shavey
12th September 2012, 01:11 PM
Yep, once you lock into wotif its non-refundable. You can always get the same rate (if not cheaper) with the hotel.

And the same at the very worst as these third parties are all paid commission so it's in the hotel best interest for you to come direct as well which is the reason for the price variance. You also get the added benefit/flexibility to change details not to mention the numerous free loyalty programs on offer.

I'm also very sure this would be the same for the airlines.. use webjet to find the best price/route then go direct to the airline to book.

Lobsta
12th September 2012, 01:17 PM
Scalpers at the gate.

BrettM
12th September 2012, 02:29 PM
My wife, who manages most of the Escape Travel stores in QLD.

BayBum
12th September 2012, 02:54 PM
zuji and last minute flights or whatever it's called.

Grunt
12th September 2012, 04:01 PM

Nice choice if you can get on the flights, and if we fly there any more. Is against my principles to fly with the Orange Cancer. Never have, and hopefully never will!

Jarro
12th September 2012, 04:03 PM
I'll milk 'em for whatever i can Grunt

TheTrueReview
12th September 2012, 04:16 PM

My next door neighbours are Qantas international flight crew. I need to somehow persuade them to nominate me for family & friends travel perks with Qantas. Somehow I don't like my chances. :(

Jarro
12th September 2012, 04:33 PM
Just run around outside in your budgie smugglers mate .... how can they refuse you after that ;)

Cosmopolite
12th September 2012, 06:49 PM
Yep what Shavey and golfer69 say. I check webjet for prices then go directly to the airline site to book. Same with accommodation check out wot if for prices check trip advisor for reviews then call hotel directly. Always get a better deal that way and they don't usually have no cancellAtion policy