PDA

View Full Version : Where to play - close to Sydney CBD

oscar
11th September 2012, 06:43 PM
We have a "mens" weekend in Sydney in November and I have been given the task of organising a hit on Friday afternoon. We are staying at the Big House so somewhere we can cab / ferry from Pyrmont would suit.

Captain Nemo
11th September 2012, 06:46 PM
Moore Park is your best bet?
I'd be booking now though.,,,,
http://www.mooreparkgolf.com.au/

wazandnic
11th September 2012, 10:09 PM
Shouldn't have much hassle getting on at Eastlakes on a Friday. Prob cheaper rate and less busy than Moore park.

Dotty
12th September 2012, 05:35 AM
Cammeray may be an option. 9 holer (C grade) just north of the bridge.
Lane Cove 9 holer just west of St Leonards is another option (C grade).
Little further north, Chatswood and Northbridge are two 18 holers (also C grade).

Expect traffic jams getting back to the city in Friday peak-hour. (Well, it was 15 years ago, when I worked at North Sydney.)

PerryGroves
12th September 2012, 06:27 AM
Not sure what is happening elsewhere in Sydney however Friday has now become our busiest day on course.

You haven't said if its a group of choppers or golfers, I will asssume the latter. If I was organising, get a bus and driver to do the pick ups (beers on board) and play Bonnie Doon at Pagewood. Traffic should be less of a disaster going back into the City. Given you are in Pyrmont, Concord may also be worth a call.

oscar
12th September 2012, 09:15 AM
Thanks Gents, group will be two golfers and two occasional's....I'll start ringing around

Grunt
12th September 2012, 04:46 PM
Marrickville might be an option if it is just a hit of golf and some beers. Short track but close to the CBD and would not be any more that 30 min from Pyrmont in peak hour

Captain Nemo
12th September 2012, 04:48 PM
Absolute goat track but beers cold and they have a TAB!!!

golfbound
26th May 2013, 09:00 PM
what about Ryde Parramatta whats that track like?

mrbluu
27th May 2013, 12:23 AM
what about Ryde Parramatta whats that track like?

Most overrated golf course in Sydney and it's not close the the CBD. Best value that is close to the city would be The Coast which is next door to St Micks and NSW. Moorepark is not bad.

matty
27th May 2013, 07:06 AM
Was going to suggest The Coast too.

mrbluu
27th May 2013, 11:00 AM
There is also Bonnie Doon, Kogarah and Eastlakes.

PerryGroves
27th May 2013, 11:57 AM
The OP was on his trip last year