PDA

View Full Version : Eag's

Eag's
12th October 2005, 04:57 PM
I took Gaz's advice and headed off to Vic Park to try out Coachcam.
For anyone who may be interested here is the link http://www.coachcam.com.au/site/index.php
The log in & Password will be Richard Heaslip all in lower case and one word.
I am using a 5 Iron :)

I welcome all constructive criticism :wink:

gazgolf1
12th October 2005, 05:23 PM
Looks good to me 8) ....what did you think of the pro ? :?
I got the impression he was one of those that tries to match up your body angles and positions with a pro golfer and then goes from there.

Eag's
12th October 2005, 07:23 PM
Looks good to me 8) ....what did you think of the pro ? :?
I got the impression he was one of those that tries to match up your body angles and positions with a pro golfer and then goes from there.

Yeah Gaz, the bloke tried a bit of the old hard sell :roll:
He put my swing up against Stuart Appleby :oops: I spotted a few things I need to work on that's for sure :shock:

jaster
12th October 2005, 07:56 PM
Nice work Eagsy, looks good. This coachcam is great!!! As soon as I am able to work again and get back on my feet I would love to try ti out :)

Observations....

1. From behind it shows you take the club up and outside the plane and then drop it back on plane. There is nothing with this as long as you are consistent but if I was your Pro I have you try and match your swing planes...Draw a line along your shaft at address and have a look where your shaft is pointing just before you hit the top...it points to the sky a little too much. Your arm matched the plane at the top though and this is why it isn't that bad, and as long as you do it everytime.

2. Great postion halfway down..you are really dropping it into the slot!

3. You may be cutting across the ball a little, this is a major fault of mine..swinging to 11 rather than 1 (opposite for me). The power and control difference is huge when I get my body swinging along the correct path.

4. Address is excellent but I would prefer your hands a little further forward at address, try form a line with club and front arm up to your shoulder. Short irons aren't as important with this but it really helps get more solid contact for me. YMMV

5. From the side view you have a fantastic position at the top

6. At impact it appears as though they may be a slight bend in your front arm (chicken wing)...you could be losing power if this is the case but the video is too far away for me to be sure. Putting your hands a little further at address can help this as it allows your mind to replicate this same feeling at impact as it is at address.

7. Head stays pretty still, drops a little..but overall excellent and certainly will help you to be consistent.

Lastly, it appears as though you are shortening your swing to finish rather than extending out to the target. Might be worth a try to hit some balls with a feeling that your are really throwing the club at the target (not from the top though) and extending out...compare a few swings to your side view and you'll see what I mean......someone like Brad Hughes is a great example to compare your swing to. Look at how long his follow through is compared to yours. Worth a try maybe as it keeps the club going at the target for longer, this is something that Haney is doing with Tiger.

Overall nice it is a nice powerful swing 8)

gazgolf1
12th October 2005, 08:27 PM
Lastly, it appears as though you are shortening your swing to finish rather than extending out to the target.

I noticed that too...would I be right in saying that you're restricting your release a bit to guard against a hook?
Everything else looks pretty good.

Jarro
12th October 2005, 11:47 PM
nice tempo there Eag's ... really smooth 8)

have you been back to see Nick lately :?:

Eag's
13th October 2005, 06:09 AM
Jaster Thanks for the pointers mate, you are correct when you describe my takeaway. I have been working with my Pro on taking the club back more on the outside rather than whipping it inside which was the main cause of my big snap :oops:

I now see that it has drifted out to the outside a bit to much, I will have to work on that.

Gaz You are 100% correct about my release mate, I am trying to prevent the dreded hook :?

Jarro Thanks mate trying real hard to stay relaxed over the ball and during the swing, we will see how it goes tomorrow :wink:

gazgolf1
13th October 2005, 07:07 AM
Are you buggers playing tomorrow? :wink:

Jarro
13th October 2005, 07:50 AM

BLOODY OATH MATE :smt023

what are you doin' tomorrow :?:

gazgolf1
13th October 2005, 08:05 AM

BLOODY OATH MATE  :smt023

what are you doin' tomorrow  :?:

I'm off sick tomorrow. :wink:

Jarro
13th October 2005, 08:07 AM

BLOODY OATH MATE  :smt023

what are you doin' tomorrow  :?:

I'm off sick tomorrow. :wink:

well get your ass over to the 1st tee thread and register for the hit at Gailes with TheBigEagsy and myself :wink: