PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Day... how did you go?

Lagerlover
3rd September 2012, 05:26 PM
Collingwood headcover.... even though I don't follow Collingwood. (little bloke creating his own inheritance, and yes, that'll be all there is).

popper81
3rd September 2012, 05:57 PM
I went really well mate, still no presents, which means no kids, which means, no maintenance ;)

gazgolf1
3rd September 2012, 05:58 PM
Puma golf shoes, coffee cup, key ring, sexual favours....all good.

Daves
3rd September 2012, 06:01 PM
A new iPod here. 2 years of hinting finally paid dividends.

Steve57
3rd September 2012, 06:06 PM
Jim Stynes' book and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

ddasey
3rd September 2012, 06:09 PM
Breakfast at Sizzler, Nike TW Polo Shirt, coffee cup, tape measure and a couple of cardboard ties.

Bruce
3rd September 2012, 06:17 PM
A nice skype call with the only available family member yesterday.

That's all I gave my dad too, so I guess it evens out.

Lagerlover
3rd September 2012, 06:24 PM
That's great Bruce,

Skype's a wonderful thing when all the planets are aligned.
Hope it behaved itself for you both.

jaybam
3rd September 2012, 06:25 PM
Lots of great stuff from the kids and a " GREAT " night from the wifey :)
According to my youngest daughter who made me a book in class I am 10 foot tall and I weigh nice and I don't like wine.

Jarro
3rd September 2012, 06:45 PM
Golf in the morning
Boxers, chocolates, T-shirts
BBQ lunch at Redcliffe beach afterwards

Pretty good day all round :)

Ronny
3rd September 2012, 06:48 PM
Cadel Book
Cardboard Tie
Chocolate
Shirt, Deoderant
Breakfast and then an afternoon watching the wife gone down in final of Hockey. Lost and missed out on the GF. That then equalled no lovin for this black duck!

markTHEblake
3rd September 2012, 06:50 PM
Jocks and Socks i dont need.

1 Torch
1 Old Spice
1 Giant Tobelerone, (of which I bet i only get to eat 10%)

but the killer was,,.,,, 1 block of Turkish Delight. Heaven!

mudrat
3rd September 2012, 06:51 PM
Nothing.... Just the way I like it. :)

AndyP
3rd September 2012, 06:56 PM
Good work mudrat. I will be encouraging that when the kids are a little older. Although I like the tradition one is doing of getting a keyring for me year. The first had a little adjustable spanner, then a tiny hammer and this year was a 1m measuring tape.

matty
3rd September 2012, 07:09 PM
A seat for the Clicgear - request
Dremel tool - surprise.
BBQ and beers. All good.

LarryLong
3rd September 2012, 07:29 PM
Good work mudrat. I will be encouraging that when the kids are a little older. Although I like the tradition one is doing of getting a keyring for me year. The first had a little adjustable spanner, then a tiny hammer and this year was a 1m measuring tape.

Is he trying to tell you that you're a bit of a tool? :)

I got nothing. We don't really bother with any of those days, but I did manage to score a few good waves in the afternoon. I guess that counts.

kingslayer33
3rd September 2012, 07:59 PM
Is he trying to tell you that you're a bit of a tool? :)I got nothing. We don't really bother with any of those days, but I did manage to score a few good waves in the afternoon. I guess that counts. Nice work Larry. Very similar here although I got a sleep in (7am), and like Steve above, a promise of the Jimmy book.

CanuckDownUnder
3rd September 2012, 08:02 PM
Socks for formality sakes. Everyday is fathers day basically. Selfish as always. Workin on it tho.

goonie
3rd September 2012, 08:15 PM
TM golf bag and SKLZ practice pod

Haystacks
3rd September 2012, 09:32 PM
My 13 year old son organised for him and I to spend the day with my dad...we actually all had a great day!

Tongueboy
3rd September 2012, 09:44 PM
Phone calls from the 3 children which was nice and all i want and a Bunnings gift card from my lady for being nice!

Life is good!

timah!
3rd September 2012, 09:50 PM
I got some 'pre-fathers day' pressies (as I gave the missus some 'pre-mothers day' pressies earlier in the year when she was only a few months pregnant).
I gave her some little Converse Chuck Taylors for bubs, so in return I got some sunnies for bubs - little aviators if it's a boy, and pink ones if it's a girl...under six weeks to go - can't wait!

hocko
3rd September 2012, 10:37 PM
Didn't see nor hear from my daughters.
Thanks to my F**k Head Ex wife!

mrbluu
3rd September 2012, 10:49 PM
got goggles for swimming and a stubby holder with my daughters picture on it...........also got myself a ping hoofer carry bag!!

mrbluu
3rd September 2012, 10:53 PM
and I forgot to add, 2 games of golf and a bbq with some of my best friends and their families.

BrisWesty
4th September 2012, 11:31 AM
Pressies from all the kids - a couple of mugs, toiletries. Howzat CD, latest Hillsong CD.

Spoiled the following day by finding out the father in law has had a relapse with his lung cancer. We thought he was clear. Now it's in the other lung and it looks like he'll be going in to get that cut out this week.

Would have happily gone without the first para if it meant missing out on the second para.

Would really like a week, just one week, without dramas!

Marto65
4th September 2012, 11:35 AM
I'm a step-dad .... we have Stepo's Day next Sunday ....

Now that the boys are 22 ... will be interesting to see if they remember. They did last year ...

Lagerlover
4th September 2012, 11:38 AM
Nice one Marto, my little blokes came up with Brother's Day a couple of years ago, it falls on the following Saturday after Mother's Day.

Can't help but think we could work out a deal with Hallmark.

BrisVegas
4th September 2012, 11:41 AM
Didn't see nor hear from my daughters.
Thanks to my F**k Head Ex wife!

sorry to hear mate. :sad:

My girls made me some nice stuff at kindy & school, including the requisite cardboard tie. Got awesome cuddles from the kids and special cuddles from the missus. Not bad considering I didn't get home til nearly 5pm thanks to the champs.

dc68
4th September 2012, 12:31 PM
I'm a step-dad .... we have Stepo's Day next Sunday ....Now that the boys are 22 ... will be interesting to see if they remember. They did last year ... Should that say Steptoe Dad?

Shadesy
4th September 2012, 12:52 PM
Home made Card with all photos of me and him on it.
Regulation Best Daddy Coffee Mug (my First though)
Bottle of Jamisons for said Coffee Cup.

Two bottles of Red before Lunch with the Old Man.

Still getting used to being part of Father's Day. Could get used to it.

Moe Norman
4th September 2012, 04:09 PM
Collingwood headcover.... even though I don't follow Collingwood. (little bloke creating his own inheritance, and yes, that'll be all there is).

what kind, is it like a fluffy magpie, or just a headcvover with a logo?

I got the requisite cardboard tie from my 3 year old boy and picture of him at kindy holding a sign saying 'Happy Fathers Day'. I wore it to work on Monday, much to his delight.

I got a keyring with a picture of my 5 year old daughter in it, and a few cards. She is always drawing and making stuff, so I got about 5 cards from her.

I got a little card with hand prints on it from my 1 year old girl.

My main request was for a sleep in. The wife granted my wish and I got to sleep in on Sunday morning until 10am!

dave1
4th September 2012, 07:14 PM
Had a great day. Cooked breaky, nike air force one low sneakers

Check golf pants from uk alsom

Fun with kids. Went to local footy match - carn the tiges!

Lagerlover
4th September 2012, 07:38 PM
what kind, is it like a fluffy magpie, or just a headcvover with a

It's the top one, with footy boots, my 460cc driver fits in it.........unfortunately!

http://shop.wsports.com.au/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=251