PDA

View Full Version : WA: Tour'Fit' vs Rubin

rubin
27th August 2012, 12:10 PM
Thought i would put this up seeing as Fit is back online.

Seeing as I don't have club champs anymore, and Fits to busy getting pissed off at having only one bloke to play with on the weekends, we may be able to get to this soon.

I'm off 18 at the moment (17.5), so i reckon 9 shots are coming my way. when and where fit?

Yossarian
27th August 2012, 12:55 PM
Golf will be the winner.

rubin
27th August 2012, 01:08 PM
very doubtful.

TourFit
28th August 2012, 03:44 PM
I'm back off 10 again (9.7 at the moment, after the disater that was Club Champs)

I don't know where...or when.

I guess we can do a Sunday somewhere, maybe KB (and get another MP round going at the same time perhaps). Or if we must, we could do a weekday at Burswood.

I'd be happy to come to Harty and play you there, as you've probably played it about as much as me anyway.

Johnny Canuck
28th August 2012, 03:49 PM
It will feel like a home game, now that Lawley has woodchips.

Greens might be a touch fast for you though.

TourFit
28th August 2012, 03:53 PM
We could do Thurs am Rubes...muscle our way into simmsy & Mega's group :twisted:

Bah...greens don't scare me! (bending over to place my ball in a matchplay v Rubes might though)

Johnny Canuck
28th August 2012, 03:54 PM
Just noticed the thread title, well played Rubes.

rubin
28th August 2012, 05:00 PM
I'm back off 10 again (9.7 at the moment, after the disater that was Club Champs)

I don't know where...or when.

I guess we can do a Sunday somewhere, maybe KB (and get another MP round going at the same time perhaps). Or if we must, we could do a weekday at Burswood.

I'd be happy to come to Harty and play you there, as you've probably played it about as much as me anyway.

Burswood is my bitch. ask cosmo - you dont want to play me there ;)

Harty, ML either way. I would like to play KB though, havent played there since Feb.

It will feel like a home game, now that Lawley has woodchips.

Greens might be a touch fast for you though.

i heard they were at 11.8 on the weekend :D

We could do Thurs am Rubes...muscle our way into simmsy & Mega's group :twisted:

Bah...greens don't scare me! (bending over to place my ball in a matchplay v Rubes might though)

I would very much prefer to not play with a grumpy old fart (and the first time for a long time, i'm not referring to Simmsy by that one)

Just noticed the thread title, well played Rubes.

Your welcome.:mrgreen:

MegaWatty
28th August 2012, 05:26 PM
Good.

TourFit
29th August 2012, 10:02 PM
Mega's not old...

Cosmopolite
29th August 2012, 10:22 PM
Burswood is my bitch. ask cosmo - you dont want to play me there ;)

Your welcome.:mrgreen:

except the 4th hole

MegaWatty
29th August 2012, 10:51 PM
Mega's not old... A touch older today.

idgolfguy
30th August 2012, 06:54 AM
Many happy returns, Mega?

Golfnut
30th August 2012, 01:49 PM
Mega's not old... That just leaves 'fart' then?!?!?

Yossarian
30th August 2012, 03:12 PM
Sorrocks is the grumpy one.

simmsy
30th August 2012, 03:16 PM
yes but he declares that he actually made the green better after what he did to it.

Johnny Canuck
30th August 2012, 05:29 PM
yes but he declares that he actually made the green better after what he did to it. It is now flat.

simmsy
30th August 2012, 05:32 PM
and aerated.

Nuffie
30th August 2012, 06:32 PM
A touch older today.Happy Birthday Mega. Hey I'm off to the east coast tomorrow but wont get to The Links this time I'm afraid. My grandparents don't live at Kiama anymore.

rubin
30th August 2012, 10:53 PM
Fit - how does next weekend work for you? Saturday or Sunday, I'm not fussed.

bergsey
2nd September 2012, 09:59 PM
I'm looking for a game sat arvo or sun morning if u guys need some company...

rubin
3rd September 2012, 04:01 PM
Fit - how does next weekend work for you? Saturday or Sunday, I'm not fussed.

I'm looking for a game sat arvo or sun morning if u guys need some company...

welcome to mate - if TF ever decides to respond.......

rubin
17th September 2012, 10:06 AM
Fit - From monday 24th, i have a 2 week block of (currently) no commitments: work, golf or otherwise. Lets get this done so i can move onto the next round. Midweek or weekend either way mate, im not fussed.

Yossarian
17th September 2012, 10:24 AM
Maybe you should also SMS him.

TourFit
18th September 2012, 02:17 PM
Fit - From monday 24th, i have a 2 week block of (currently) no commitments: work, golf or otherwise. Lets get this done so i can move onto the next round. Midweek or weekend either way mate, im not fussed.

OK...I'm going away for the long weekend 28th-1st, so that just leaves the Sunday 7th Oct at this stage...

...unless we do a midweek game somewhere in there. Mt Lawley do a Thurs PM comp (but we don't have to be IN the comp as far as I'm aware). KB is too far for me to do a weekday game usually. Burswood is also another option. I'd like to try and keep it easy to get to/from work if it's a mid week hit.

We can pencil KB on Sun 7th if you like, and possibly get a couple more to join in!

Maybe you should also SMS him.

Rumour has it that come Champs, YOU may well be SMS'ed :wink:

rubin
18th September 2012, 02:22 PM
midweek works. mate. There's also Harty as well. I would much prefer not to go back to Burswood if we can avoid it all.

Golfnut
18th September 2012, 03:24 PM
I'll tag along I'd it's a mid weeker lads if ok....after all, someone will need to play shit golf in the group.

Golfnut
18th September 2012, 03:25 PM
I think HF is about to get cored and sanded in the next week or two.

simmsy
18th September 2012, 07:15 PM
Yep. 24th Sept.

hocko
18th September 2012, 07:23 PM
I'll tag along I'd it's a mid weeker lads if ok....after all, someone will need to play shit golf in the group.
I think they can both manage that :)

rubin
19th September 2012, 12:03 PM
thanks for the vote of confidence :)

I can always see if i can get us on at LK? I think i've still got a free pass for 4 players there somewhere.

idgolfguy
19th September 2012, 01:45 PM
I'd be interested in play if there is a slot free.

simmsy
20th September 2012, 11:25 PM
I'll let rubin jump right in.

Yossarian
20th September 2012, 11:28 PM
Rubes will always have a slot free for you id.

idgolfguy
21st September 2012, 08:00 AM
Thanks, Yoss.

TourFit
21st September 2012, 09:15 AM
Sounds good Rubes...if you find the pass then lets go there. It's close to work for me to have a midweek game and get to/from the shop easily.

And it gives you two other slots to ask for company to join us.

rubin
21st September 2012, 10:46 AM
LK is out. The voucher expired last month.

If we can do it Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday this week coming, or tuesday to friday the following week. I'm not fussed where we play (ML is fine withe me but Harty is getting cored on monday)

TourFit
21st September 2012, 12:10 PM
OK...Monday & Tuesday next week are out.

Thursday the following week may well work. Lemme find out about Mt Lawley & availability. Otherwise we could head to Joondy or something (?). Might be able to entice another couple of bandits for a Thursday game. Mega, Simmsy...anyone.

Bueller...Bueller....Bueller

Golfnut
21st September 2012, 12:17 PM
I'll tag along I'd it's a mid weeker lads if ok....after all, someone will need to play shit golf in the group. Am I invisible or something!?!? I'm sure ID was up for it too......oh I get it, inner circle game.

Johnny Canuck
21st September 2012, 12:31 PM
Am I invisible or something!?!? I'm sure ID was up for it too......oh I get it, inner circle game. You are learning!

Golfnut
21st September 2012, 12:42 PM
No blacks or wogs ;)

Johnny Canuck
21st September 2012, 01:01 PM
Post reported. Racism.

Golfnut
21st September 2012, 01:18 PM
Or short black wogs.....we could go on and on and on and......

Golfnut
21st September 2012, 01:19 PM
I feel an infraction coming on....

Johnny Canuck
21st September 2012, 01:32 PM
You are on a hot streak!

TourFit
21st September 2012, 01:59 PM
Am I invisible or something!?!? I'm sure ID was up for it too......oh I get it, inner circle game.

For the Thursday 4th October...possibly Joondy or Mt Lawley? IDGG expressed interest for Karrinyup as far as I'm aware.

Since when would Rubin or I be in the inner circle...?

Ashes
21st September 2012, 02:02 PM
I feel an infraction coming on....

You've been set up nicely there GN!

Golfnut
21st September 2012, 02:18 PM
For the Thursday 4th October...possibly Joondy or Mt Lawley? IDGG expressed interest for Karrinyup as far as I'm aware.Since when would Rubin or I be in the inner circle...? You wouldn't "fit" in the inner circle ;)

Yossarian
21st September 2012, 02:18 PM
There is no circle.

Golfnut
21st September 2012, 02:19 PM
Post reported. Racism. Serious????

Golfnut
21st September 2012, 02:20 PM
There is no circle. Is there a spoon?

Johnny Canuck
21st September 2012, 02:26 PM
Of course not.

MegaWatty
21st September 2012, 02:50 PM
Hmmmm. Next Thursday at ML if its early may work. Comp?

Do they mind drain babies?

simmsy
21st September 2012, 02:59 PM
**** you then!

MegaWatty
21st September 2012, 03:04 PM
Errrr. You were invited.

MegaWatty
21st September 2012, 03:05 PM
Oh. We're already playing. I'm out.

simmsy
21st September 2012, 03:10 PM
thanks yoss, can you let Mega have his account back please.

TourFit
21st September 2012, 03:24 PM
Hmmmm. Next Thursday at ML if its early may work. Comp?

It was the Thursday after that, Oct 4. And MLGC has an afternoon comp, due to Thurs am being Ladies Comp.

Friday is open social play ALL DAY if that interests anyone...

I'll give the following preferences if the said people care to say OK

1) TourFit
2) Rubin

3) Golfnut
4) IDGG
5) MegaWatty & Simmsy (they obviously come as a pigeon pair)

Yossarian
21st September 2012, 03:34 PM
Pwencil.

Golfnut
21st September 2012, 03:47 PM
In

idgolfguy
21st September 2012, 04:22 PM
Thank you still in.

TourFit
21st September 2012, 06:15 PM
OK...

So based on the OK from Rubes, it will be one group Thursday Oct 4th at MLGC

1) TourFit
2) Rubin
3) Golfnut
4) IDGG

reserve) Yoss in pwencil

If I am unable to book for the Thurs Comp then it'll be Fri Oct 5th, when I can also get another group on potentially. So we could do 1-4 from above with Yoss, Simmsy, Mega and another if it all unfolds that way.

Simmsy & Mega have the invite there for the Friday am game if it eventuates (and they're available of course)

Johnny Canuck
21st September 2012, 06:32 PM
In I'm telling.

TourFit
21st September 2012, 07:37 PM
In

I'm telling.

Add it into the calendar...conjugal visiting rights!

rubin
21st September 2012, 07:43 PM
Yep that all works for me.

And fit, you need to fit into the circle to be part of the circle.

Yep, that's right. I went there.

Johnny Canuck
21st September 2012, 07:56 PM
Yep that all works for me.And fit, you need to fit into the circle to be part of the circle.Yep, that's right. I went there.Fit's circle?

rubin
21st September 2012, 07:58 PM
Fit's circle?

**** no.

Golfnut
21st September 2012, 08:19 PM
Add it into the calendar...conjugal visiting rights! I'd rather golf :roll:

MegaWatty
21st September 2012, 09:12 PM
Yep that all works for me.And fit, you need to fit into the circle to be part of the circle.Yep, that's right. I went there. Yeah you did....about 4 hours after Golfnut!

Golfnut
21st September 2012, 09:44 PM
:lol:

TourFit
21st September 2012, 10:14 PM
And fit, you need to fit into the circle to be part of the circle.

I'm a bit of a square peg I'm afraid...

TourFit
28th September 2012, 11:15 AM
OK guys...MLGC has just done a major core & sand this week. Next Thursday doesn't look too flash.

Rubin, I'll send a PM to try and arrange an alternative venue for our MP. 'Nut & IDGG (and Yoss, maybe), I'll PM you guys after to see if you still want to tag along to the new venue

TourFit
3rd October 2012, 01:20 PM
Right! This is now LOCKED IN. Friday morning Vines (Lakes)...with thanks to IDGG. It'll good also to catch up with Zeus.

As for the trash talk, let it begin!

1) Rubin better bring some spare lipstick for when he's putting on those greens!

2) He'll have to wear his pants backwards, just so I can have easy access for when I feel like giving him a damn good rogering.

3) He's on holiday AND has a new 'girlfriend'... maybe he can bring her along to putt for him?

4) There's a reason the course is called Lakes. We shall see why!

5) There are houses around the course. I'll donate $10 to Lifeline for every one of them that he hits.

Nuffie
3rd October 2012, 02:42 PM
He's on holiday AND has a new 'girlfriend'... maybe he can bring her along to putt for him?

There's a reason the course is called Lakes. We shall see why!

New girlfriend ay... normally this is bad for the golf but who knows it might help.

And yes... LAKES and houses on the last 3 holes. Might be an entertaining finish if its not done by 15.

Not sure who's going to win this one... haven't been tracking these runners in the form guide that closely of late.

Yossarian
3rd October 2012, 09:01 PM
Some choking to happen down the stretch.

TourFit
4th October 2012, 03:26 PM
Oh he'll be choking on it alright!!!

TourFit
4th October 2012, 11:52 PM
See ya early tomorrow Lubin!

I have your driver ready BTW...are you gonna play it?

hocko
5th October 2012, 08:40 AM
I wouldn't, you've probably sabotaged it by not using glue.
Oh, wait?

Shadesy
5th October 2012, 08:51 AM
Fit 4/3 due to Rubin concentrating on playing a different Hole in the last few weeks.

Ashes
5th October 2012, 08:54 AM
Hopefully it comes down to the 18th like the ID v Nuffie match. Shame to waste the closing holes at the Vines (Lakes)!

Johnny Canuck
5th October 2012, 09:33 AM
Fit 4&2

TourFit
5th October 2012, 09:57 AM
Rubin won 5th with par and a shot. Then put 2 OOB right on 6. Back to sq

Johnny Canuck
5th October 2012, 10:32 AM
2 houses, $20 to Lifeline, Fit.

TourFit
5th October 2012, 10:52 AM
AS thru 9. I 3 putted to let him off the hook

Shadesy
5th October 2012, 11:02 AM
Good Contest...

TourFit
5th October 2012, 11:05 AM
Rubes hazard right on 10. Punch up Fw. I'm 4w / 4w on green looking at eagle.

TourFit
5th October 2012, 11:47 AM
Halved 11 with a par to Rubes's 5. Stuffed up 12 big time. Back to AS.

TourFit
5th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Halved 13. Rubes with 3 shots in last 5 holes! Don't like my chances.
O

Mububban
5th October 2012, 12:15 PM
AS thru 9. I 3 putted to let him off the hook

What was that you were telling me the other day about you being a pretty good putter? :mrgreen:

TourFit
5th October 2012, 12:29 PM
I win 14. Birdie 15, but Rubes males solid par for the half. He has shots on 16 & 17

Johnny Canuck
5th October 2012, 12:29 PM
I want to know where his tee shot lands on 16.

TourFit
5th October 2012, 12:45 PM
16 halved. I hit to 15 ft, Rubin front edge & 3 putt bogey. I missed birdie, but made 3. Still 1up.

TourFit
5th October 2012, 12:48 PM
I owe 10 to Lifeline for Rubes hitting the apartments on 17 with his 2nd (ie: provisional). Looks like 1st is gone too

Johnny Canuck
5th October 2012, 01:06 PM
Gold.

Ashes
5th October 2012, 01:12 PM
I owe 10 to Lifeline for Rubes hitting the apartments on 17 with his 2nd. Looks like 1st is gone too

Did Rubes actually get off the tee before conceding the hole?

Nuffie
5th October 2012, 01:18 PM
I owe 10 to Lifeline for Rubes hitting the apartments on 17 with his 2nd. Looks like 1st is gone too

I call that my 'don't go left swing' hole from the tee and quite often end up in the bunkers right. Trouble is Rubins ball carries a lot further and could easily reach the 'other' water - a few swimming pools.

I think ID has put a ball in one of them once. Did Rubin put two in there? :shock:

TourFit
5th October 2012, 01:19 PM
2 & 1. Rubin lost both balls on 17, and didn't have a ball in play.

Ashes
5th October 2012, 01:20 PM
Shame for Rubes to hang in there all round then go out like that.

Well played Fit.

Nuffie
5th October 2012, 01:43 PM
Well done Fit and hard luck Rubin, you did well to hang in there almost to the last.

A good par made on 5 btw - as two very good shots are demanded on that hole. Sounds like a couple of birds were made too by both players.

The Lakes lived up to it's name... it's such a wide fairway 17, yet because of the anxiety caused by the water hazard, its surprising how many other places the ball ends up. Or did Rubes just choke?

So TourFit once again, advances to the semi's.

bergsey
5th October 2012, 01:43 PM
Well done 'Fit, bad luck Rubes... were the greens any better today? i'd hope so if club champs start tomorrow!

Johnny Canuck
5th October 2012, 01:48 PM
Good golf both of you. Nice to see that no Noodles were found on 17. Well played.

Nuffie
5th October 2012, 02:03 PM
Well done 'Fit, bad luck Rubes... were the greens any better today? i'd hope so if club champs start tomorrow!

The greens were much better yesterday on Lakes than they were last Sun.

The match committee has now stopped members from wheeling push buggies across the greens.

Apparently this causes too many unwanted seedings to be transferred onto the putting surface from fairways/rough.

Do seeds have more chance of sticking to players shoes/spikes than smooth, buggy wheels?

Ashes
5th October 2012, 02:08 PM
The greens were much better yesterday on Lakes than they were last Sun.

The match committee has now stopped members from wheeling push buggies across the greens.

Apparently this causes too many unwanted seedings to be transferred onto the putting surface from fairways/rough.

Do seeds have more chance of sticking to players shoes/spikes than smooth, buggy wheels?

I was always under the impression (perhaps misguided) that pulling your buggy across the green was poor form! Think I read an article somewhere where a seppo (not JC) was talking about golfing in Australia and was surprised that aussies did that - I assumed it must have been an east coast thing cos I'd never seen anyone do it).

Nuffie
5th October 2012, 02:29 PM
I was always under the impression (perhaps misguided) that pulling your buggy across the green was poor form! Think I read an article somewhere where a seppo (not JC) was talking about golfing in Australia and was surprised that aussies did that - I assumed it must have been an east coast thing cos I'd never seen anyone do it).

It speeds up play which is why some clubs started allowing it. I'm in favor of it. Buggy wheels can also smoothen out the greens, but some say it damages them. But any greens recovering from a coring hate being wheeled upon and walked on... so any form of traffic is bad, not necessarily just the wheeling of buggies.

Jarro
5th October 2012, 02:41 PM
What was that you were telling me the other day about you being a pretty good putter? :mrgreen:

When are you going to make your WAnker golf day debut mate ?

Well played 'Fit .... nice win 8)

Johnny Canuck
5th October 2012, 02:47 PM
Sounds like Rubes could be a chance at champs.

Ashes
5th October 2012, 02:49 PM
Sounds like Rubes could be a chance at champs.

With SMS and DC?

TourFit
5th October 2012, 02:56 PM
Greens were SLOOOOWWWW. They will probably have to double cut and roll them for tomorrow. But even then 13 & 15 will be average at best.

The members at the Vines would be pretty pissed off at the greens going into their Champs. I had 31 putts for the day today, so pretty good considering their speed.

Kinda felt for Rubes on 17...he had played pretty well all day. He made it tough, and I had to halve plenty of holes with pars and even a birdie or two. Good solid golf for the most part, but he really struggled with the greens at that speed.

rubin
5th October 2012, 03:07 PM
well done 'Fit. good golf today.

The greens for mine were shockingly slow. Having played my most recent golf at Harty and Meadows i've been used to greens that are relatively quick, and i just couoldnt get my head around hitting the ball hard enough today to get it to the hole. I reckon I had the line for 95% of them, just not the pace.

Was a good day overall though, always enjoyable playing with IDG and Zeus as well.

Shadesy
5th October 2012, 04:04 PM
Sounds like a good match, with the Experience of the low Handicapper prevailing in the end.

Well done Fit and bad Luck Rubes.

Agree with JC, Rubes is a Dark Horse for Champs.

Yossarian
5th October 2012, 04:23 PM
Well done boys, congrats fit, well done rubes, you are starting to turn the corner.

simmsy
5th October 2012, 04:38 PM
yeah good work Rubes, maybe your social life of late is rubbing off on your golfing.

good work fit sounds like you played pretty solid all day today mate.

Johnny Canuck
5th October 2012, 05:03 PM
yeah good work Rubes, maybe your social life of late is rubbing off on your golfing.good work fit sounds like you played pretty solid all day today mate. Rubbing off all around.

sms316
5th October 2012, 05:50 PM
Well done TourWah, unlucky Lubwah.

TourFit
5th October 2012, 06:39 PM
Thanks Piewah...

TourFit
5th October 2012, 06:53 PM
BTW...all I can say is that thank **** that there actually wasn't any houses that far up the right hand side of Lakes 6 where Rubes hit his two drives. I'd pledged $10 to Lifeline for every one he hit. He may have hit the same house twice had there been one there.

Unfortunately for him (and my wallet) there WERE houses that far up on 17. His provisional could be heard cracking roof tiles WAAAAYYYY right (45* to the right of the bunkers FFS) and his first was also likely over the fence and into someone's backyard (not too far offline truth be told). We didn't find it in play so it must have gone over. No evidence though, and no noise of it hitting anything.

I will add $10 to simmsy's envelope for the Auction sale... to be finalised Oct 24th.

hocko
5th October 2012, 07:04 PM
well done 'Fit. good golf today.

The greens for mine were shockingly slow. Having played my most recent golf at Harty and Meadows i've been used to greens that are relatively quick, and i just couoldnt get my head around hitting the ball hard enough today to get it to the hole. I reckon I had the line for 95% of them, just not the pace.

Was a good day overall though, always enjoyable playing with IDG and Zeus as well.

Are you sure it was 95%?

Golfnut
5th October 2012, 09:21 PM
Solid play 'Fit, well done....hard luck rubin but sounds like you're showing some form mate, keep at it.

How did Zeus go today, don't think he's had a hit on a while...hope he enjoyed getting back into it.

TourFit
6th October 2012, 12:14 PM
Zues played some great shots and showed that he has game. Some were so good I was gonna petition for HIS request to play Champs off 9...:lol: His rustiness was there for all of us to see though. He hit some pretty average stuff as well, but would probably be the first to admit that all things considered he's glad to be out there having a hit.

I also called into question his Hspanic ethnicity...less Puerto Rican and more Brazilian after some of his putts yesterday. He hit so many good solid putts that just didn't go in!

Mububban
6th October 2012, 09:36 PM
When are you going to make your WAnker golf day debut mate ?

I'm sorry I'm still relatively new to golf and relatively new to this forum, so I don't know if your comment is good natured banter, or you being a dick. I'll go with "good natured banter" until proven otherwise.

Thanks to Fit adjusting my putter during the week I had a PB of 14 putts for 9 holes on Friday including fives one-putts so that was nice.

hocko
6th October 2012, 10:17 PM
I'm sorry I'm still relatively new to golf and relatively new to this forum, so I don't know if your comment is good natured banter, or you being a dick. I'll go with "good natured banter" until proven otherwise.

Thanks to Fit adjusting my putter during the week I had a PB of 14 putts for 9 holes on Friday including fives one-putts so that was nice.

He's a mod on this forum, no dick

Johnny Canuck
6th October 2012, 10:59 PM
He's a mod on this forum, no dick

You can read this statement in so many different ways.

I prefer the "Ghostbusters" option.

Zeusgolf
7th October 2012, 11:49 AM
Zues played some great shots and showed that he has game. Some were so good I was gonna petition for HIS request to play Champs off 9...:lol: His rustiness was there for all of us to see though. He hit some pretty average stuff as well, but would probably be the first to admit that all things considered he's glad to be out there having a hit.

I also called into question his Hspanic ethnicity...less Puerto Rican and more Brazilian after some of his putts yesterday. He hit so many good solid putts that just didn't go in!

Yep was a little rusty......shot a 44 on front and about 48/49 on back......i gave up counting after ending up in the drink on a few holes.

Few more rounds in the next few weeks and should be right......i got to stop playing around with my swing during a round when it turns bad.

Yossarian
7th October 2012, 07:48 PM

I think he is being nice. But I am not really sure.

Mububban
8th October 2012, 03:15 PM
I think he is being nice. But I am not really sure.

Like I said, I'll go with "good natured banter" until proven otherwise, especially if the guy is a mod I'd like to think he wouldn't act like some of the juveniles you get on the net.

Mububban
8th October 2012, 03:17 PM
You can read this statement in so many different ways.

I prefer the "Ghostbusters" option.

Haha, classic line from a classic movie

Johnny Canuck
8th October 2012, 03:31 PM
Haha, classic line from a classic movie

Respect.

Nuffie
8th October 2012, 03:49 PM
BTW...all I can say is that thank **** that there actually wasn't any houses that far up the right hand side of Lakes 6 where Rubes hit his two drives. I'd pledged $10 to Lifeline for every one he hit. He may have hit the same house twice had there been one there.

Unfortunately for him (and my wallet) there WERE houses that far up on 17. His provisional could be heard cracking roof tiles WAAAAYYYY right (45* to the right of the bunkers FFS) and his first was also likely over the fence and into someone's backyard (not too far offline truth be told). We didn't find it in play so it must have gone over. No evidence though, and no noise of it hitting anything.

I will add $10 to simmsy's envelope for the Auction sale... to be finalised Oct 24th.

Maybe the first one made a softer "plonk" noise and/or took out an Aquanaut or a Creepy-Crawley :)