PDA

View Full Version : PGA Seniors Redland Bay

Ferrins
23rd August 2012, 11:09 AM
10am shotgun start tomorrow. I'm going to go and have a gander.

golfbound
23rd August 2012, 12:08 PM
who is playing in this

Ferrins
23rd August 2012, 12:11 PM
Daves and PeteyD.

sms316
23rd August 2012, 12:45 PM
Daves and PeteyD.
When did PeteyD get that old?

popper81
23rd August 2012, 12:46 PM
I played in the one at MWP a few weeks ago with Daves and Nudgee.. Was a great day, the pro was a good bloke. Was lucky enough to drive the drinks car in the arvo, so I got meet most the players, and see a fair bit of golf.

The thing that struck me most was how much more social the pros were, compared to their younger colleagues... A thought shared by many sponsors in the MWP pro am.

markTHEblake
23rd August 2012, 01:04 PM
Popper that is because most of them are playing for the fun and catching up with their old mates. . I know a few of them have careers outside of golf, one of them I played with recently is a schoolteacher from memory. And he wins a bit of money.

They also recognize that it's the punters who are paying for the event. The young blokes do as well but there is a
Lot more pressure on them.

AndyP
23rd August 2012, 01:11 PM
I played with them at Wynnum on Monday. Wayne Grady would have been the most well known player out there on the day.

Here's the list for Reddie Bay: http://www.pga.org.au/event-display/9814/tab/General

sms316
23rd August 2012, 01:15 PM
Popper that is because most of them are playing for the fun and catching up with their old mates. . I know a few of them have careers outside of golf, one of them I played with recently is a schoolteacher from memory. And he wins a bit of money.

They also recognize that it's the punters who are paying for the event. The young blokes do as well but there is a
Lot more pressure on them.
Spot on. Playing with the old fellas is infinitely better as far as an enjoyable day out goes. I played one back in Albury 18 years ago and played with Ted Ball and it was one of the best days that I have ever spent on the course.

Ferrins
23rd August 2012, 02:16 PM
This is too nice for me, will give it a miss.

Daves
23rd August 2012, 07:31 PM
This is too nice for me, will give it a miss.

It (the Pro Am) was on today numbnuts!:roll::lol: Tomorrow is the final round and sponsors only day.

I played with Pete McWhinney and Tomas Mezera. Great day and great blokes. I saw Iain out there as well.

Ossie Moore leads after the first round.

Ferrins
23rd August 2012, 07:35 PM
Was going to go and watch, I talk too much shite to play with them.

AndyP
23rd August 2012, 07:42 PM
What did McWhinney have to say for himself, Dave. He'd fall into the "playing to catch up with mates" category, wouldn't he?

Iain
23rd August 2012, 07:42 PM
Played with Brad Wall and Paul Bosa. Really nice pair. DC knows Paul as he is a member of Pacific.

I walked out at the same time as Ossie, heard him say he shot 31 on the front nine.

Daves
23rd August 2012, 07:48 PM
What did McWhinney have to say for himself, Dave. He'd fall into the "playing to catch up with mates" category, wouldn't he?

Yep, hardly plays these days he said. He plays lots of over 40s cricket I gather. Lives on Pelican Waters but hasn't played more than 3 holes of golf there this year I think he said. He is President or Vice President of the Qld PGA I gather. Our Pro, Len Beck is the other Pres and a good mate. He and Tomas are very good mates from a long way back as well I gather.

AndyP
23rd August 2012, 07:50 PM
From what I hear he isn't very good at cricket, but really enjoys it.

Daves
23rd August 2012, 07:56 PM
From what I hear he isn't very good at cricket, but really enjoys it.

He didn't say how he goes, but definitely loves it. He was a rep cricketer in his youth. His leg injuries don't seem to have slowed him down at all.

dc68
23rd August 2012, 08:34 PM
Played with Brad Wall and Paul Bosa. Really nice pair. DC knows Paul as he is a member of Pacific.

I walked out at the same time as Ossie, heard him say he shot 31 on the front nine.

Yeah know Paul quite well. Did you get a look at his sand iron at all?

Iain
23rd August 2012, 08:37 PM
No, didn't actually get much of a look at either of the guys equipment. What is it?

markTHEblake
23rd August 2012, 08:40 PM
Yeah know Paul quite well. Did you get a look at his sand iron at all? Played with Paul a year or three ago. I can't remember what he said about you though so must not have surprised me. :-)

dc68
23rd August 2012, 09:35 PM
No, didn't actually get much of a look at either of the guys equipment. What is it?

It's nasty old thing about 3 cm thick with plastic on the back and the grooves all worn. it's UGGGGERLY!!

He's a nice guy Brakey he wouldn't be nasty.

Daves
24th August 2012, 07:16 AM
Saw something yesterday I hadn't seen before, a 3 wood with a very dimed face. Tomas Mezera uses an old V Steel 3 wood off most non par 3 tees, and hits it just beautifully.

dc68
24th August 2012, 08:23 PM

You also played with Brett Mothershaw eh? He's a bus driver/Admin at Carina.

Iain
24th August 2012, 09:26 PM
Yep. Sure did. I asked about you when he said he worked for BT. That's when Paul piped up.

Daves
25th August 2012, 07:36 AM
The wind got up in the final round yesterday and only Ossie Moore managed to break par. He was the run away winner by 7 shots.

http://www.pga.org.au/event-display/9814/tab/Results