PDA

View Full Version : Question Deleting pics from File Manager

Captain Nemo
19th August 2012, 08:39 AM
Can you delete pics from your personal file manager?

AndyP
19th August 2012, 12:48 PM
Do you mean the attachments? If so, yes. You can do it from the following link.

http://www.ozgolf.net/profile.php?do=editattachments

FWIW the attachments are starting to take up too much space on the server, so I might have to introduce limits to them.

Lobsta
19th August 2012, 12:52 PM
FWIW the attachments are starting to take up too much space on the server, so I might have to introduce limits to them.

The unheard victim of boobie gif Friday?

AndyP
19th August 2012, 12:56 PM
I don't know if most of those were image links or uploaded to our server.

sms316
19th August 2012, 04:41 PM
I don't know if most of those were image links or uploaded to our server. You should definitely look into it.

Eag's
19th August 2012, 05:00 PM
Seeing as though you used my account as an example AP, I have deleted all of mine :)
I didn't realise they were stored on the server.

AndyP
19th August 2012, 05:05 PM
You should definitely look into it. Meh.
Seeing as though you used my account as an example AP, I have deleted all of mine :)I didn't realise they were stored on the server.Anyone clicking on the link would go to their own attachment manager. Noone needs to be deleting their attachments at this stage, as we are okay for storage space.

Eag's
19th August 2012, 05:21 PM
Fair enough.

Captain Nemo
19th August 2012, 06:35 PM
Do you mean the attachments? If so, yes. You can do it from the following link.

http://www.ozgolf.net/profile.php?do=editattachments

That's why I asked the question.
I have heaps that don't I don't need, so I'd imagine most guys would as well.
All these would use up a hell of a lot of space on the server?

AndyP
19th August 2012, 06:50 PM
They do relative to the space that a normal post does. Plenty of space on the server, but it automatically takes backups including these attachments and it starts to add up.

It has been a balancing act at times, but I've found other files to remove that didn't need to be there. There is an option to limit attachments per user, but I haven't used it yet. Some have a lot more than others. It's on the todo list, but nit urgent yet.