PDA

View Full Version : Club Champs Results...

Trung
8th October 2005, 12:03 PM
Since most of us are playing club champs around this time of the year. Why not have a thread for club champs results.  :D

I will start..  8)

1st Round today. Scratch 78 for a net 72. (a triple + double were both on the card  :oops: )

Pinglauncher
8th October 2005, 12:24 PM
Pretty good first round Trung, which should place you pretty well. Good luck for tomorrow :wink:

Jarro
8th October 2005, 12:26 PM
good shootin' Trung 8)

i couldn't play in our club champs this year (again) due to work :(

Trung
8th October 2005, 12:46 PM
Ping, are you playing in the champs?

Ps. I had an air swing today playing lefty out of a tree.

oz
8th October 2005, 12:47 PM
Nice shooting, trung... especially with the airy.... :) Well done.

Trung
8th October 2005, 12:57 PM
thanks boys.. :D

Pinglauncher
8th October 2005, 12:57 PM
Ping, are you playing in the champs?

No, unfortunately not. Nathan's Encourage Shield would have made things very difficult to manage so I opted not to even play the first couple of rounds.

:cry: :cry:

Fishman Dan
8th October 2005, 01:02 PM
Nice shooting, trung... especially with the airy.... :)  Well done.

Please explain :?: :shock:

marcel
8th October 2005, 02:32 PM

pa-thet-ic........told you it was harder than it looks.

Grunt
8th October 2005, 02:40 PM
i couldn't play in our club champs this year (again) due to work  :(

That is what Leave is for Jarro, I was supposed to work during mine. It starts next week @ Mac Grange.

AndyP
8th October 2005, 04:41 PM
What's wrong with the normal threads for scores? :?

Trung
8th October 2005, 06:11 PM

pa-thet-ic........told you it was harder than it looks.

"if I was Marcel, I would have taken an un-playable".

It was hard, even you would have been proud at my attempt. :oops:

Trung
8th October 2005, 06:15 PM
Nice shooting, trung... especially with the airy.... :)  Well done.

Please explain :?:  :shock:

it was wedged in a tree, with roots sticking out on both side of the ball.

The shot was not a full airy... I hit the root in front of the ball and took a large chunk out of it. (hence one shot gone).

The second shot I got it cleaner and back to the fairway rough. Took an easy double.

marcel
9th October 2005, 05:28 AM

The shot was not a full airy... I hit the root in front of the ball and took a large chunk out of it.

I hope you used that bashed up looking 8 iron that dodgy bloke sold you.

Trung
9th October 2005, 06:18 AM

The shot was not a full airy... I hit the root in front of the ball and took a large chunk out of it.

I hope you used that bashed up looking 8 iron that dodgy bloke sold you.

:lol:

3oneday
9th October 2005, 06:45 AM
I hope you used that bashed up looking 8 iron that dodgy bloke sold you.it will be next time I see him  :P  :P  :P

:lol:  :lol:

Trung
9th October 2005, 05:42 PM
86 of the bat :D ...

1/12 up&down :cry:

3oneday
9th October 2005, 05:56 PM
86 of the bat  :D ...

1/12 up&down  :cry:Mate, I know that's a high score, but seriously, it blew like a bastard all day long, you shouldn't be too far out of things...

Pete

Aussielongdriver
12th October 2005, 10:37 PM
Had 2 rounds of club champs with a pair of 77's which places me about 12th and 4th in the net.

Keza_G
13th October 2005, 05:47 AM
I had poo, poo and more poo....

Having said that I won the Ladies Club Champs by 35 Strokes... :wink:
I also won the Nett by 11 but I was asked which one I would like to win as I can only win one..... Which do you think I choose...... :wink:

Cheers

Keza Club Champ !!!!

Grunt
13th October 2005, 05:50 AM
Congrats Keza

WOW 35 strokes. :shock:

Did the others have a chance?

Keza_G
13th October 2005, 06:02 AM
Congrats Keza

WOW 35 strokes. :shock:

Did the others have a chance?

Dun't think so... I was 11 strokes up after the first round :wink:

Cheers

Keza

jaster
13th October 2005, 07:15 AM
Congrats Keza 8) Can I ask what your scores were? or is that a secret? ;)

Jarro
13th October 2005, 08:33 AM
Great shooting Keza ...... well done :smt023

Trung
13th October 2005, 09:14 AM
Congrats Keza... 35 shots :shock:

are they all bad? or are you very good? 8)

McMw
13th October 2005, 10:03 AM
u mean u could choose which prize??? :shock:

sounds weird...
most cases in club comps, the Nett presides over Gross, but in Club Champs, Gross over Nett...

most cases anyway - Congrats on the huge win...Tiger's got nothing!!! :lol:

Keza_G
13th October 2005, 01:35 PM
I shot Poo....

1st round - 87 :oops:
2nd round - 83 :oops:
3rd round - 87 :oops:
4th round - 92 :oops: :oops:

I shot poo I tells ya.... :wink:

No excuses just plain crap golf, but if you have ever played at Riverlakes in the afternoon in the wind, the scores I had are pretty good.... To bring it in to perspective..... in the first round only 1 A grade man broke 80 :shock: . In the 2nd round only 4 broke 80 but none broke 80 in the 4th....

That wind can woop the ball straight into the pisser there... but luck for me it didn't woop mine there as much as it did the other gals. :wink: :wink:

Cheers

Keza

jaster
13th October 2005, 02:04 PM
Sheesh!!! :shock: I hope I never play riverlakes in the wind....that sounds bloody tough Keza!! Well done again :D

Trung
15th October 2005, 11:53 AM
3rd Round... 76 off the bat for a net 71...

=16th off scratch in A-grade after first 2 rounds. I'm hoping to improve my position today and then have a crack tomorrow for the top8s.

Top 8s will gain a spot in the matchplay.

Pinglauncher
15th October 2005, 12:38 PM

=16th off scratch in A-grade after first 2 rounds. I'm hoping to improve my position today and then have a crack tomorrow for the top8s.

Fingers crossed for you :wink: Good come back round.

Grunt
15th October 2005, 12:56 PM
1st round
93 Gross
68 Nett

Leading both  :lol: C Grade

Still early days, actually could have played better.

3oneday
15th October 2005, 01:44 PM
Usual crap swing for almost all day, finished 12 over for the day. Unless I shoot 2 or 3 over next week, no top 16 for me I'm afraid.

Total rubbish, disgusted, I'd like to say back to drawing board but I have no more room in the shed for the 15 drawing boards I've already disposed of. :x :x

Pete

Keza_G
15th October 2005, 02:07 PM

I hope you go well today Trungie !!!!

Cheers

Keza

Trung
15th October 2005, 07:07 PM
just got into the top 12s... i'm seeded for tomorrow (3rd last group for the day). Will be good to play with some very low markers at the club. :D

Grunt
15th October 2005, 07:13 PM
Have heard the same guy always wins at Carnarvon Trung, Is that true?

Trung
15th October 2005, 07:14 PM
There are 2 guys on 222. Lincoln and Green...

Should be good to watch. 8)

jaster
15th October 2005, 09:09 PM
Good playing lads..good luck for manyana

Fishman Dan
15th October 2005, 09:50 PM
Well i'm doing a WDYS anyway....

44 points. Best comp round for me, albeit a DQ registered with GolfLink.

20 front, 24 back, including 4 straight par's to end it, with putts for birdie left on the edge on 16 (tough par 3) and 17. It just felt like i couldn't do anything wrong.

Worst score was a double on 3 for my only 1-pointer, so that makes 9 Par's, 1 double, 8 bogeys. Putted really well for 28 or 29 putts. Short game generated scoring chances.

DQ aside, this round felt great because my previous scores of 34 and 37 show some consistency. Hopefully i can reproduce something next weekend at Cypress Lakes.

BrisVegas
16th October 2005, 08:00 AM
A little birdie tells me that our Nudgee had his first ever Eagle in comp at Brookwater on Friday.

#17 from the tips, Driver, 3 wood, putt. 8) 8)

Awesome work Jamie!! =D> :D

For those that haven't played Brookwater, taking a 3 wood into the 17th green take serious balls. :shock:

Grunt
16th October 2005, 05:52 PM
2nd Round this afternoon is pretty tough condition with constant rain squalls and showers.

Gross 96
Nett 71

Am now 1 shot from the lead in C grade scratch and sharing 2nd place with 1 other. Both players 20 markers.

Winning the nett, have won both days for $50 vouchers each day. Am now a good margin in front with the Nett. Hopefully I can play as well next week and have a good result in the scratch and win the nett.

Trung
16th October 2005, 06:51 PM
I had a 85 off the stick.. Tied 16th overall, would have won A-reserve by 3 shots. (next year I'm gonna creep out to A-reserve) :twisted: .

Low lights... triple the 17th when people are watching, a few more doubles before that. :oops:

High lights... tournament set up, had the feeling of playing in a tournament as there were people following the last few groups around for 18 holes. I was in the third last group for the day and there were some added pressure out there with people watching.

Lincoln and Green tied after 72 holes, went into a 4 holes play-off

Lincoln - Birdie, Par, Birdie, Par
Green- Par, Par, Par, Par

Brad Lincoln is the club champion for 2005.

I went out to see the playoff and it was great to see another level of this great game at club level. :D

Pinglauncher
16th October 2005, 06:58 PM
Trung, still not a bad effort. I am sure you will knuckle down and do better next year off about 3 :wink: You could not go back to "A" Reserve if you broke both legs.

Appreciate the update on the winner. I was going to send a PM and get the result from you.

Grunt
22nd October 2005, 01:49 PM
Played 3rd round this morning.
97 gross
72 nett (par 70)

Horrible 1st 9 52
2nd 9 45

Am now 10 shots off the lead :cry:

Also had the horrible situation of knowing someone is cheating but not able to prove it. :? It is bad when a game of golf means that much isn't it?

Hopefully be able to get back into it tomorrow only 3 shots off 2nd :?

I think I may still be leading the nett result, but that is not what we are playing for is it?

Jarro
22nd October 2005, 02:38 PM
hang in there Grant ... a good round tomorrow and you could still feature in the places :smt023

Grunt
22nd October 2005, 02:51 PM
Absolutelty Shattered Jarro, can only hope tomorrow is better :(

Jarro
22nd October 2005, 04:02 PM
you'll be right mate :wink:

Grunt
22nd October 2005, 04:07 PM
1 good thing to come of it was how badly I played but yet did not score that badly, only 2 over my handicap. :?
I might be able to do what the leader did today and shoot my great round tomorrow! :wink:

3oneday
22nd October 2005, 05:18 PM
1 good thing to come of it was how badly I played but yet did not score that badly, only 2 over my handicap.  :?
I might be able to do what the leader did today and shoot my great round tomorrow! :wink:mate, there is more pressure leading than from coming behind, you shoot 5 under yours, he shoots 5 or 6 over his, that's golf Grant. Try having a second thought about your tee shots, it's always easier making bogey from the heart of the fairway :wink:

Play well.

Pete

Grunt
23rd October 2005, 06:20 PM
Well the final round has been played and I played one of the best rounds of my life 92 gross, 66 nett. :lol: 4 under :lol:
I came back a little to tie for 2nd in the scratch and win the nett \:D/ . Woo Hoo. I have a playoff with 2 others to decide the runner up next week.

I have realised that I did not handle the pressure well yesterday and if I had 2nd would have been all mine. But this is golf. I have had a great championship, winning the nett on 3 of the 4 rounds ($50 voucher each day)

Hopefully that is my last C grade Championship for a few years.

jaster
23rd October 2005, 06:22 PM
Well done GRANT!!!!! :smt023 :smt030 :smt026

3oneday
23rd October 2005, 06:55 PM
Well the final round has been played and I played one of the best rounds of my life 92 gross, 66 nett.  :lol:  4 under  :lol:
I came back a little to tie for 2nd in the scratch and win the nett  \:D/ . Woo Hoo. I have a playoff with 2 others to decide the runner up next week.

I have realised that I did not handle the pressure well yesterday and if I had 2nd would have been all mine. But this is golf. I have had a great championship, winning the nett on 3 of the 4 rounds ($50 voucher each day)

Hopefully that is my last C grade Championship for a few years.nicely played sir, B grade here we come :D :D

Pete

jaster
23rd October 2005, 07:05 PM
Oh by the way.........your golflink says you were off 25 so 92gross = 67nett

Still well done mate :wink:

Trung
23rd October 2005, 07:06 PM
good golf Grant... good luck next week :D

Jarro
23rd October 2005, 07:07 PM
well done Grant ... told you you could do it :wink:

Onewood
23rd October 2005, 09:18 PM
Well the final round has been played and I played one of the best rounds of my life 92 gross, 66 nett.  :lol:  4 under  :lol:
I came back a little to tie for 2nd in the scratch and win the nett  \:D/ . Woo Hoo. I have a playoff with 2 others to decide the runner up next week.

Hopefully that is my last C grade Championship for a few years.

well done Grunt, 8) great result and great to hear from someone enjoying, what golf is all about, a lot of frustration :evil: but hey the good games make up for it all :smt023

good luck next week :P