PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: UST PROFORCE V2 75X Shaft - Driver length.

rubin
10th August 2012, 03:52 PM
Looking for the above.

I know i can get one from Golfworks, but thought i'd check local first, even though i don't like my chances.

Tip, no tip - grip, no grip - not fussed.

Technically, this is a 76g shaft.

Let me know.

Cheers

virge666
10th August 2012, 04:09 PM
Got new for $105 plus shipping

rubin
10th August 2012, 04:13 PM
cheers Virge, but I can also get a brand new one from golfworks for about $30 less.

Ducky
10th August 2012, 05:13 PM
You want the standard V2 only or variations (such as the Tour Flight)?

rubin
10th August 2012, 05:22 PM
I've got the standard V2 and im pretty happy with it. its for another driver so I cant use the same one.

I havent looked at the Tour flight model, and cant find the specs, but i'll give it a go (it seems to say its a low launch shaft as well).

I definately don't want the HL or flighted models

virge666
10th August 2012, 06:06 PM
cheers Virge, but I can also get a brand new one from golfworks for about $30 less.

yep - fair call. Sorry mate - that is what they charge me.

Goonie had a group by going . . .

Ducky
10th August 2012, 06:07 PM
I believe it is lower launch and lower spin than the standard Proforce V2 and my experiences with both would seem to indicate that is the case. Unfortunately, UST pulled the specifications off their website once it became EOL.

rubin
10th August 2012, 06:17 PM
I believe it is lower launch and lower spin than the standard Proforce V2 and my experiences with both would seem to indicate that is the case. Unfortunately, UST pulled the specifications off their website once it became EOL.

if you have one your looking to pass on ???

Ducky
10th August 2012, 08:33 PM
if you have one your looking to pass on ???
I'll check when I am home tomorrow, but I should have an uncut spare or — worst case scenario — you can have my current one (which will be replaced with an Nventix Nunchuk).

rubin
10th August 2012, 11:24 PM
I'll check when I am home tomorrow, but I should have an uncut spare or — worst case scenario — you can have my current one (which will be replaced with an Nventix Nunchuk).

Let me know how u go. The us shafts normally ave e specs on them as well, so if u do have one your willing to sell, could u let me know the specs first. Just weight and torque if u wouldn't mind.

TheNuclearOne
10th August 2012, 11:32 PM
Let me know how u go. The us shafts normally ave e specs on them as well, so if u do have one your willing to sell, could u let me know the specs first. Just weight and torque if u wouldn't mind.

The tour flight doesn't have the info on the shaft like others. In X it will be 3.4* and 71 grams. IMO it is not really as stout and robust as the V2 76 grammer. The 76 is just 2.2* of torque.

rubin
10th August 2012, 11:36 PM
The tour flight doesn't have the info on the shaft like others. In X it will be 3.4* and 71 grams. IMO it is not really as stout and robust as the V2 76 grammer. The 76 is just 2.2* of torque.

Mmmm - ok then, pass on the tour.

Just the normal 75X (76X) then. Cheers TNO

TheNuclearOne
10th August 2012, 11:58 PM
Others might give you a second opinion tho. The V2 in the 76 gram X flex category is a pretty serious shaft. I found the 76 a lot more shaft than the 66.

rubin
11th August 2012, 12:01 AM
Others might give you a second opinion tho. The V2 in the 76 gram X flex category is a pretty serious shaft. I found the 76 a lot more shaft than the 66.

I've currently got the 75x in the r11 dot and I reckon it's great. When I'm hitting driver well I can hit it just about as hard as I can and get good results. I'm hoping that it does the same job in the cally razr fit. The ad DI is just not right for me.

TheNuclearOne
11th August 2012, 12:30 AM
What flex and weight did you hit the DI in? Going by youur preference if it wasn't a 7x it wouldn't be in the running.

rubin
11th August 2012, 12:36 AM
What I currently own (although Canuck has taken short term possession of it) is an AD DI 6x tipped an inch and a bit. I do like the way it feels, but i know that it just doesn't work well with my swing. Given it was relatively cheap ($150 from tourfit) it was an experiment that didn't work.

Johnny Canuck
11th August 2012, 01:19 AM
What I currently own (although Canuck has taken short term possession of it) is an AD DI 6x tipped an inch and a bit. I do like the way it feels, but i know that it just doesn't work well with my swing. Given it was relatively cheap ($150 from tourfit) it was an experiment that didn't work.

It is a lot looser than I thought it would be. I reckon my 73X blueboard is much tighter.

I need to get some shaft advice from TNO!

rubin
11th August 2012, 01:21 AM
Seems to work alright for u though!

Johnny Canuck
11th August 2012, 01:40 AM
Yes, but I think it could be even better.

dave1
11th August 2012, 02:28 AM
Seems to work alright for u though!

because he can play..know your limitations mate,,I have never seen a 23 marker use X flex shafts in my life> NEVER!!

rubin
11th August 2012, 08:54 AM
because he can play..know your limitations mate,,I have never seen a 23 marker use X flex shafts in my life> NEVER!!

Cause u have seen me play, and we all know how much u know about about what ur talking about.... :roll:

Ashes
11th August 2012, 09:34 AM

I've never heard anyone reputable suggest handicap as an indicator for shaft selection...

TheNuclearOne
11th August 2012, 09:45 AM

Dave, not trying to put fuel on the fire (KJ just advised you guys) but i've seen a couple of C graders whose struggles were made next to impossible off the tee due to not using X flex.It's exacerbated by TM and many many others using a lot of light soft to flex shaft shafts as stock. It's the old rule of believing most play too much shaft (loft is another with true lofts flying high) so they cater to what they believe is the majority. Thankfully most of them offer a myriad of options now, but how many people get fit or get to try them?

tommyg
11th August 2012, 11:21 AM

Rubin please don't listen to this expert advice. Especially if my car is in the carpark.

Johnny Canuck
11th August 2012, 11:29 AM

He swings hard enough for X flex Dave.

How will regs help him?

Ashes
11th August 2012, 11:32 AM
He swings hard enough for X flex Dave.

How will regs help him?

Maybe he should be following Dave1's lead and swing like a girl?

Johnny Canuck
11th August 2012, 11:39 AM
At hit it low at a windy links course (Albany) wearing bright clothing (loudmouth).

Ashes
11th August 2012, 11:42 AM
I can't even imagine the sort of flack Rubin would cop if he rocked up in a set of loudmouths... :)

Johnny Canuck
11th August 2012, 11:47 AM
We can only dream.

rubin
11th August 2012, 12:15 PM
Me? Hit a low running shot? Not likely!

TheNuclearOne
11th August 2012, 10:25 PM
Rubin - i've stumbled onto a top shelf shaft that will very likely go for a stupid stupid low price. It's driver length, around 81 grams, stout and low torque. If you didn't end up liking it in a driver or if it was too stiff decent chance you'd like it in a FW. In the interests of you actually getting it PM me if interested and i'll Link Wray you up.

TheNuclearOne
11th August 2012, 10:53 PM
It is a lot looser than I thought it would be. I reckon my 73X blueboard is much tighter.

I need to get some shaft advice from TNO!

You know i'll always answer me best! How's Alphy going in that V now? 70x wasn't it?