PDA

View Full Version : TPG BYO Mobile Plans

IamViva
8th August 2012, 10:27 PM
So my current mobile contract is due to expire shortly and i was thinking of switching to TPG 17.99 p/month cap, after reading some mixed reviews im not so sure now. Any of you guys have any experience with TPG as a mobile provider and whats your opinion on coverage, customer service etc?

thanks guys

goonie
8th August 2012, 11:02 PM
I am in the same boat, trying to decide if I want to go on another contract with new phone, or prepaid and save up and buy a phone outright.

Check out liveconnected.com.au if you want to go prepaid, they run on optus the same ws TPG

markTHEblake
8th August 2012, 11:11 PM
my whole family is on live connected now. Nothing wrong with the service, Optus either works for you or it doesnt. The name in the bill doesnt matter so much, all the optus resellers seem to be using some sort of turnkey virtual system on optus backend anyway. "Telco in a Box"

$11.99 that gives you 8hrs talking time per month or thereabouts is flippin senssational. Costs me less for 4 people than it used to cost me for one, and no loss of airtime.

p.s Live connected is not prepaid

mrbluu
8th August 2012, 11:34 PM
amaysim (optus) is pretty good if you are a heavy user. My work got me on the $40 a month plan which is unlimited calls and 4g of data. I don't think there is a contract either.

Daves
9th August 2012, 07:47 AM
The wife switched to the TPG $9.99 deal at the beginning of the year. No problems so far, she is a light user, mainly SMS.

dc68
9th August 2012, 12:50 PM
The wife switched to the TPG $9.99 deal at the beginning of the year. No problems so far, she is a light user, mainly SMS.

I would be concerned that your wife is calling him. Even if it's not much.

Ferrins
25th October 2012, 01:11 PM
amaysim (optus) is pretty good if you are a heavy user. My work got me on the $40 a month plan which is unlimited calls and 4g of data. I don't think there is a contract either.

I'm considering their $39 plan.

BrisVegas
25th October 2012, 01:16 PM
I'm looking at switching to the TPG $14.99 plan in the new year. I'll be off contract with Virgin mobile then. I already have the home phone and ADSL2 bundle with TPG ($60), so we can basically add two mobile phones and have free calls between mobiles and home phone etc all free, plus reasonable mobile data etc. all for $90 total.

I was looking at switching to Telstra, but I just can't come at the frankly ridiculous prices. $66 a month is their cheapest plan with the Galaxy S3 or $67 for iphone 5 and that only includes 1 gig data and pretty limited calls.

I can buy a phone outright and still be miles ahead with a cheaper plan.

markTHEblake
25th October 2012, 02:18 PM
Before deciding check out Liveconnected. Best value for dollar by far, and is Optus network as are all the others.