PDA

View Full Version : ICC super series of cricket. Game 2

Jarro
7th October 2005, 07:57 AM
here's the teams for todays game :

AUSTRALIA: Ricky Ponting (captain), Nathan Bracken, Stuart Clark, Michael Clarke, Adam Gilchrist, Michael Hussey, Simon Katich, Brett Lee, Damien Martyn, Andrew Symonds, Shane Watson, Cameron White.

WORLD XI: Shaun Pollock (captain), Shoaib Akhtar, Rahul Dravid, Andrew Flintoff, Chris Gayle, Jacques Kallis, Brian Lara, Muttiah Muralitharan, Kevin Pietersen, Kumar Sangakkara, Virender Sehwag, Daniel Vettori.

looking forward to seeing how Stuart Clarke goes for the Aussies in his International debut. It's an exciting time for Aussie cricket with the selectors finally picking new blood with a view to the future 8)

Wonder if Marto will be in Game 3 if he fails with the bat again today :roll:

AndyP
7th October 2005, 08:09 AM
looking forward to seeing how Stuart Clarke goes for the Aussies in his International debut. It's an exciting time for Aussie cricket with the selectors finally picking new blood with a view to the future  8)
If Clark is the future, then I am worried.  He's 30 years old.
I think it has more to do with him wearing sky blue when he plays state cricket.

I hope Cam White gets more of a go this time. International Debut on Wednesday and he didn't get to bat or bowl. :(

Grunt
7th October 2005, 08:24 AM
Not that one again AndyP, maybe he is the best of the lot at the moment.

Jarro
7th October 2005, 08:28 AM
here's a question for you then AndyP..

.. what fast bowlers would YOU have in the squad now, that haven't been picked so far :?:

3oneday
7th October 2005, 09:01 AM
I think it has more to do with him wearing sky blue when he plays state cricket.yep, absolutely :roll: :-k ](*,) :smt021

AndyP
7th October 2005, 11:07 AM
here's a question for you then AndyP..

.. what fast bowlers would YOU have in the squad now, that haven't been picked so far  :?:
I'd forgotten that Tait was injured. And with Gillespie and Kaspa out of the picture in the selectors eyes, they seem to be running out of options.

Mick Lewis seems to have as much a claim as Clark based on one-day form. On top of that, he is a contracted player, Clark is not.
If we want to concentrate on youth, why not pick one from left field and give Mitchell Johnson from Qld a go?

If Watson was more consistent as a bowler (hopefully soon), another another fast bowler may not be needed. You could chuck an all-rounder in there, like White or Hopes.

Jarro
7th October 2005, 01:08 PM
Aussies have won the toss and are gonna bat first ....... again 8)

peter_rs
7th October 2005, 01:37 PM
left field but why not andy bickel.

jaster
7th October 2005, 01:46 PM
Andy Bichel should be the first pick everytime...stupic bloody selectors..hope Clark gets belted for 60 :x

3oneday
7th October 2005, 01:58 PM
left field but why not andy bickel.who ??? :P :P

goughy
7th October 2005, 02:52 PM
Pollock must be happy he brought Aktar back on. I know I am :lol:

jaster
7th October 2005, 02:52 PM
hehe...go gilly!!!

amanda
7th October 2005, 04:36 PM
it will be an interesting chase tonight :D

gazgolf1
7th October 2005, 05:23 PM
when's footy season start? :lol:

AndyP
7th October 2005, 07:53 PM
FFS Ponting, will you use your supersub and bowl White.

Jarro
8th October 2005, 12:07 AM
too easy in the end :roll:

nice knock by Gilly .... and i thought Watson didn't bowl too bad either ... he might just make an International cricketer yet :wink:

markTHEblake
8th October 2005, 08:27 AM
australia still does not know how to use the super sub - though it hasnt hurt them so far (but it did in england).

where did Ponting get his captains licence from - Corn Flakes packet?

oz
8th October 2005, 12:50 PM
I thought Ponting used the 2 Power Plays well, though. Which is good. And Watson did bowl well.

Disappointing collapse by the World XI, though, really. They got a super start, and it was a pretty good batting strip. They needed Lara to knock up a score, but he looked right out of sorts.

Fishman Dan
8th October 2005, 01:23 PM
I thought Ponting used the 2 Power Plays well, though.  Which is good.  And Watson did bowl well.

Disappointing collapse by the World XI, though, really.  They got a super start, and it was a pretty good batting strip.  They needed Lara to knock up a score, but he looked right out of sorts.

1 fat South African involved in 2 crucial run outs. What are the odds. :roll:

Cost them the game.

oz
8th October 2005, 01:30 PM
:lol: