PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 30 July 2012

AndyP
4th August 2012, 02:30 PM
04/08/12, Wolston Park GC, Monthly Medal + Putting.

6/11 effective tee-shots.
7/18 effective approaches.
2/6 up and down successes.
31 putts.
------------------------
2 birdies.
7 pars.
7 bogeys.
2 others.

Scoring: BBPPPPXPb bPBBBPBBX
Score (http://www.ozgolf.net/andyp/Scorecard/rounds/20120804-p101.html): 38-39-77 nett 68 putts 29 (Par 35-32-67 ACR 65)

No H/Cap Change: 8.8.

A cold start in temperature and my game, but I settled before having a hot patch in the middle. It didn't last though, and I made a heap of soft bogeys in the second nine before blowing out the last.

My putting stroke feels good, in fact the best it has in ages, but I just didn't hit the putts hard enough all day resulting in many diving across the front of the cup once they lost pace. I should have sunk more, but the chips should have been closer in the first place; the chipping is definitely ordinary at the moment.

I'm getting sick of the left hip stiffening up at the ends of rounds, leading to pulled shots too. It is a prick of a thing to do when you allow for a fade by aiming leftish.

Next round: I'll do some chipping during the week, and hopefully it all comes together nicely for my matchplay quarter final next Sunday.

timah!
4th August 2012, 02:50 PM
Monthly Medal
84/71
Will probably see my cap drop a bit but can't be arsed to work it out.

rubin
4th August 2012, 03:31 PM
Raised the bat with pride today. 105/87 in the monthly. Was bound to happen eventually i guess. Dropped 4 shots over 5 or so weeks so cant complain much.

Started today triple, double, triple. My first par came on the 16th. Front 9 was the simmsy special - bottom grooves got a good work out. Started to strike the ball better over the back and decided i might start playing proper golf from about the 15th on.

Was good to get a round in with canuck and one of the other low markers at the club. Learnt a bit more about the course and where to play to as well which was good.

idgolfguy
4th August 2012, 03:37 PM
Congrats again, good shooting.

idgolfguy
4th August 2012, 03:38 PM
38 pts today. Good first 9 and usual rubbish 2nd half.

damoocow
4th August 2012, 03:41 PM
FN ridiculous morning to play golf - teed off at 614 am, temp about 4 degrees I reckon - there was frost on the ground - 1st time ever I can recall at Keperra. Couldn't feel my fingers properly until the 7th - consequently chopped the front 9 for a 54!!! - Recovered when warm for a back 44....Roll on Summer.......

AndyP
4th August 2012, 03:45 PM
I managed to hit full shots alright without being able to feel my hands this morning, Damo, but putting just felt wrong.

WBennett
4th August 2012, 03:47 PM
You Queenslanders are pussies :)

2 degrees, 30kmh freezing winds meant I kept my 4 layers and beanie on for the round...

Monthly Medal today, 40 for the front, and got to the 14th tee square. Then missed 5 footers on 15, 16 and 17 (5 iron 135m back into the teeth of the wind) before parring the straight down wind 425m 18th with a driver and a wedge!

Was leading when I left, now 3rd in A Grade, but absolutely stoked with the result. Handicap will drop to 10.3 meaning I'll stay on 10 for another few more rounds at least

BenM
4th August 2012, 03:49 PM
Well done Andy, Timah, id!

Rubin that's just crap :) You should be banned from the golf course (see other thread) ;)

Monthly medal for me too - I had a day a bit like idgolfguy - good front 9 (was 2 under my cap at the turn) and stuffed up the back. 3 putt bogey on 10, then double (after being greenside for 2), then an 8 on 12, *hnnnggg* - and there was a fair bit of bad luck in that 8 too. Ended up shooting 87 off the stick for a 74 nett, which isn't terrible on a sodden course off the back tees.

Still... my ball striking was actually pretty solid all day and 32 putts isn't the worst I've putted, though I missed a fair few makeable 5-6 footers. Stats here. (http://golfshot.com/rounds/detail/216-12277048-12277276)

Shame this will be my last comp round for a couple of weeks, as I kinda feel like I'm on the verge of breaking the cap again consistently, there just always seems to be that shocker of a hole that wrecks it.

popper81
4th August 2012, 08:11 PM
Had a busy couple of days....

78/70 @ Murwillumbah - didn't play well enough to take the money from Dicky and Nudgee, but well enough to win the comp :) work that out?

84/76 In the final round of the Champs today... Played with out any real idea of what I wanted todo today, and it really showed .. I w as +8 after 6 and headless to be honest. Hit the ball well, but just kept hitting the shots into dumb places... Ended up being square for the last 8 holes to shoot 84 so, in all honesty deserved alot worse. At least I managed to keep 7th spot and will be interesting how the draw is done fo the final 16 match play. Could play the 9th seed, lose and you are out... Or play 2nd seed, and get two bites at the cherry ( which I would need :) !)

catch22
4th August 2012, 08:15 PM
99/81 in the MM.
44f,55b.
Started with a chip in par on the 1st, followed by another par on the 2nd. Then managed to somehow 5!! putt on the 3rd for a quadruple bogey, followed by another par and then a ridiculous 3 putt from about 1m on the 5th.

Back 9 started out with a ball OOB, staggered along until the 15th.
Tee shot was about 10m off the FW to the right but in a tree, followed by another shot hard against a tree on the left hand side. Dropped then hit a tree, then hit the tree again and somehow lost the ball even though I swear I saw it drop about 5m away. Drop again, put it back onto the FW, bad pitch to the front of the green about 15m away from the pin.

Really pissed off, I walk up to the ball and just hit it with my putter and ofc it goes straight into the f**** hole.
Had 1 x 5 putt, 1 x 4 putt and 3 x 3 putts and somehow the one that I hit like a cricket shot goes straight in. Sometimes I hate this game!

hocko
4th August 2012, 09:28 PM
First round of club champs today.
80/74
Hit 14 greens and had 41 putts.
Again, still surprised the putter is in one piece.

JADO75
4th August 2012, 09:33 PM
82 off the sick at penrith in the monthly medal. Got on the bogey train on the back nine with a lovely triple on the 17th, lipped out putts that many times it nearly did my head in. Played with the Penta tp5 for the first time, it did everything I could want in a ball. It's long enough, can razz it easily & is more durable than pro v's.

popper81
4th August 2012, 09:38 PM
80/74

Mate, you have better resolve than me... Mine would still be in one piece, just at the bottom of a lake.

BenM
4th August 2012, 09:43 PM
41 putts? I wouldn't throw it in the lake or break it, but I'd certainly buy a new one to replace it..... :D

Bit of a rough day hocko. Sounds like you hit the ball okay, that's one thing at least.

Steve57
4th August 2012, 09:53 PM
76/70 in the Monthly Medal today.
Hit the ball reasonably but made a couple of silly mistakes.
Putted pretty well with 27 putts, and had 3 birdies.
Handicap back to 5.3
Looking forward to Wynnum tomorrow.

hocko
4th August 2012, 10:05 PM
Mate, you have better resolve than me... Mine would still be in one piece, just at the bottom of a lake.
Luckily there is no water on our course.

41 putts? I wouldn't throw it in the lake or break it, but I'd certainly buy a new one to replace it..... :D

Bit of a rough day hocko. Sounds like you hit the ball okay, that's one thing at least.
Flushed the ball all day, i missed three birdies from a distance that most would say is dead.....12".
Anyway i am carrying good form for pennant final tomorrow.

idgolfguy
4th August 2012, 10:15 PM
Damn short-stick.

Johnny Canuck
4th August 2012, 10:31 PM
Raised the bat with pride today. 105/87 in the monthly. Was bound to happen eventually i guess. Dropped 4 shots over 5 or so weeks so cant complain much.

Started today triple, double, triple. My first par came on the 16th. Front 9 was the simmsy special - bottom grooves got a good work out. Started to strike the ball better over the back and decided i might start playing proper golf from about the 15th on.

Was good to get a round in with canuck and one of the other low markers at the club. Learnt a bit more about the course and where to play to as well which was good.

Enjoyable round Rubes. Don't sell your start short. Triplr, double, triple was followed by double, double, double.

80/74

41 putts? Makes my 36 putts look stellar!

rubin
4th August 2012, 10:38 PM
Enjoyable round Rubes. Don't sell your start short. Triplr, double, triple was followed by double, double, double.

41 putts? Makes my 36 putts look stellar!

I'm not. It really was something to behold! :D

goonie
4th August 2012, 11:26 PM
Won my matchplay Qtr final today, I didn't play that well but well enough to win 2 &1

My chipping was terribe, hut I did putt well and sunk a few long ones.

JADO75
4th August 2012, 11:35 PM
Congrats goonie! Do you know who you playing in the final & are you a show?

davepuppies
5th August 2012, 01:21 AM
81/73 in the monthly medal.

Missed several short putts inside 5 feet today.

Had a brain explosion dropping 5 shots in 2 holes.

goonie
5th August 2012, 05:45 AM
Congrats goonie! Do you know who you playing in the final & are you a show?

Thanks, not sure who I am playing in the semi final yet. I was the no.2 seed and played in the same group as the no.1 seed, I think I am a good chance against him if I play well and make the final in 2 weeks. But I didn't see the other 4 finalists.

Dotty
5th August 2012, 09:36 AM
You Queenslanders are pussies :)

2 degrees, 30kmh freezing winds meant I kept my 4 layers and beanie on for the round...

Monthly Medal today, 40 for the front, and got to the 14th tee square. Then missed 5 footers on 15, 16 and 17 (5 iron 135m back into the teeth of the wind) before parring the straight down wind 425m 18th with a driver and a wedge!

Was leading when I left, now 3rd in A Grade, but absolutely stoked with the result. Handicap will drop to 10.3 meaning I'll stay on 10 for another few more rounds at least
Well done.
I see your golflink has 4 get-out-of-jail-free cards, so a 9.something can only be a few weeks away.

Courty
5th August 2012, 11:01 AM
Monthly Medal yesterday morning. I stopped keeping stats after using up my entire handicap in the 1st 4 holes. The lack of confidence in all parts of my game, and frustration at inability to hit the simplest shots led to brain snap & DQ on the 2nd last hole. Nothing more to report.

Dotty
5th August 2012, 12:28 PM
You could have just posted ... 'Played like Solarman'.

rubin
5th August 2012, 12:33 PM
You could have just posted ... 'Played like Solarman'.

Wouldnt that only be accurate if you were the weekly naga?

Marto65
5th August 2012, 12:46 PM
Had square in a par event yesterday at Brisbane.

Captain Nemo
5th August 2012, 06:34 PM
39 pts this morning in tough blustery conditions....
Won the comp, couldn't beleive it, thought 40/41 would have been the number.
Greens where pure and quick, I didn't putt that well though, 3 lip-outs....
Driving it heaps better with the D3 Axivcore combo.
I'm on the improve......:wink:

Ronny
5th August 2012, 06:55 PM
Monthly Medal and a pretty crap round of 96/81. Best part of the round was the putting. If it wasn't for that pretty sure I would have raised the bat!

went out .7 to 15.2! Bring on next weekend!!!

BenM
5th August 2012, 10:10 PM
39 pts this morning in tough blustery conditions....
Won the comp, couldn't beleive it, thought 40/41 would have been the number.
Greens where pure and quick, I didn't putt that well though, 3 lip-outs....
Driving it heaps better with the D3 Axivcore combo.
I'm on the improve......:wink:

Nice work!!

High scoring this weekend... my 74 nett was only one shot from 3rd in B grade (on c/b)... spewing about the 2 lipouts I had!

jimandr
5th August 2012, 11:08 PM
I'm not sure whether to be upset, or almost pleased with my 31 points at Camden Lakeside today. I hit the ball really well today, but got no reward for some good shots, and got penalised for every poor shot I hit. Our greens are rock hard, and some of them impossible to hold when playing downwind. Fortunately, they are being cored and sanded this week.

We are now being given a stimp reading each day. Todays was 11.7. I would rate todays greens as average quick. I've certainly played on much quicker, but they were still quick enough to find me out on the greens. 4 three-putts, but at least I holed a few as well today.

mrbluu
6th August 2012, 10:59 AM
Had 28points yesterday, been fighting a sinus infection all week, which was throwing my balance out (get the excuse out early). Golf is a strange game, most of the shots where coming out of the middle of the club, but no in the right direction (oops). Strangest hole was the 17th, had a socket rocket, then had to take an unplayable from where it was, hit a gap wedge from 90m to 2 feet and made 5/2.......had beers at the end of the round, so it was a good day!!!

CanuckDownUnder
7th August 2012, 10:15 PM
a diarrhea riddled 29 points w/ 4 wipes @ Southport. All other holes , didn't miss a putt under 6 ft. Thanks Perci for taking the weights and Thanks Nudgee for the Jet Setter.