PDA

View Full Version : Penta TP vs Penta 5

JADO75
2nd August 2012, 11:09 PM
Not sure if it's been discussed before but which is a better ball & why? The old Penta or the new Penta 5? Thank you for your thoughts

BroKar
2nd August 2012, 11:15 PM
New penta much better, not sure about durability but great around greens and alot more consistent I find

JADO75
2nd August 2012, 11:18 PM
Thanks mate, did you find it longer & spin more?

BroKar
2nd August 2012, 11:24 PM
I finds is similar to the prov1x in most areas so yeah

BGH
3rd August 2012, 09:14 AM
The new one is a great ball, but for value for money the old one is the best value at $30 a box.

davepuppies
3rd August 2012, 09:19 AM
i bought a box yesterday and played it versus the prov1x.

They feel the same off putter, it spins a little more (not really noticable) and was about a club longer.

Great value at Penrith golf factory for $33 a box.

Jarro
3rd August 2012, 10:24 AM
i bought a box yesterday and played it versus the prov1x.

They feel the same off putter, it spins a little more (not really noticable) and was about a club longer.

Great value at Penrith golf factory for $33 a box.

How'd it go off the driver ?

1 club longer is a major difference too :eek:

JADO75
3rd August 2012, 10:33 AM
I played on Wednesday with the older model & had some good results so I grabbed 2 dozen yesterday but after reading a bunch of great reviews on the penta5, I'm wondering if I should go & swap the older model for the new? Leaning towards the 5, thanks for the input boys.

Dangals
3rd August 2012, 12:19 PM
I am a big fan of the TP5 - definately found it to be better than the older model, both in consistency and durability. I plan on picking up a couple from PGF over the weekend to restock as they are great balls for that price.

Stuartd147
3rd August 2012, 03:15 PM
My playing buddy just went from Prov1's to P5's and loves them. I don't think his irons have changed much distance wise but I think he is 10m further with his driver....he is a low spin hitter with the driver, tees up high and sweeps up on it. He also compared to T3's that went longer but did not stop all that well, they got the flick...Stu

Captain Nemo
3rd August 2012, 03:35 PM
I've got boxes of the old model, nothing wrong with them @ $30 a box.....
I like them more than Pro V's

Ronny
3rd August 2012, 04:00 PM
Where are they at that price titleist?

Jarro
3rd August 2012, 04:23 PM

Yeah.... i might have to give them a run as well :D

KristianJ
3rd August 2012, 04:35 PM
I played on Wednesday with the older model & had some good results so I grabbed 2 dozen yesterday but after reading a bunch of great reviews on the penta5, I'm wondering if I should go & swap the older model for the new? Leaning towards the 5, thanks for the input boys.How much did you pay for the oldies? I bought 2 dozen TP5s today...happy to swap you a dozen.

oncewasagolfer
3rd August 2012, 05:09 PM
I like the older model but am yet to try the tp5 or tp3. I read a review on the tp5 and tp3 the other day and the reviewer concluded that the tp3 was the better ball for the money. comes down to personal preference I suppose.

Captain Nemo
3rd August 2012, 06:51 PM

Not in the shops, I snapped up 3 or 4 doz from a guy on Iseek a while ago....
Pretty sure you can get em for $30 odd around the place (old model)

JADO75
3rd August 2012, 07:32 PM
How much did you pay for the oldies? I bought 2 dozen TP5s today...happy to swap you a dozen.

Think I'm going to keep the olds mate, really liked the way the ball performed on Wednesday. I grabbed some tp5's today too.

Ronny
3rd August 2012, 07:41 PM
I like the TP5 but can't justify the price ($45 is the cheapest I have seen) for a chopper like me.

If I can get the older model for 30 I will grab a few dozen. Haven't seen the old model around for a few months now

JADO75
3rd August 2012, 08:00 PM
$33 for the new Penta tp5's at Penrith golf factory Ronny

braddles
3rd August 2012, 08:21 PM
3 dozen for $99 with free shipping for the TP5 from here. I really like them.

http://www.golfbox.com.au/shop/view_detail.php?st_des=BALL-PENTA%20TP5%20%20%203DZ&st_grp=BAL

oncewasagolfer
3rd August 2012, 08:31 PM
3 dozen for $99 with free shipping for the TP5 from here. I really like them.http://www.golfbox.com.au/shop/view_detail.php?st_des=BALL-PENTA%20TP5%20%20%203DZ&st_grp=BAL Good deal that.

JADO75
4th August 2012, 07:02 PM
Played the Penta 5 today, gotta say I was pleasantly surprised. Didn't notice any massive distance gains, but it does play well into the wind. I couldn't believe how soft it felt off the club face of my irons, but it doesn't balloon. I use Vokey oil can red saw wedges which normally chew the ball to bits but I was able to use the same ball for the entire round today. Sure the ball was looking a touch tired by the end of 18 holes but a titleist would've lasted 4 holes if I'm lucky. Also felt nice & soft when putting & got plenty of razz on chips & full shots into the green. I still think the old Penta is a great ball, but the new 5 does seem like an improvement.

backintheswing
4th August 2012, 07:22 PM
I won a dozen TP5's from a recent pin shot win and spent an hour putting with them today. They seem a lot softer off the putter face compared to the original Penta.

JADO75
4th August 2012, 07:33 PM
I thought the same thing mate. I kept thinking my irons were going to come up short all day because they felt & payed so soft but they didn't. These balls are a really good alternative to pro v's.

backintheswing
4th August 2012, 07:48 PM
I am playing tomorrow, so will see how they go.

goonie
4th August 2012, 09:25 PM
I like both but I think the TP5 is better and more durable.

Also checked the Pro Shop today and found I had accumulated 15 balls, which I swapped for a dozen TP5's :-)

Captain Nemo
4th August 2012, 09:43 PM
I like both but I think the TP5 is better and more durable.

Also checked the Pro Shop today and found I had accumulated 15 balls, which I swapped for a dozen TP5's :-)

Jeez 15 comp balls for a doz premo's, that's not bad going.....
Costs me 2 for 1...,:cry:

PeteyD
4th August 2012, 09:54 PM
Time to visit Lenny methinks

goonie
4th August 2012, 11:12 PM
Jeez 15 comp balls for a doz premo's, that's not bad going.....
Costs me 2 for 1...,:cry:

Yeah the kid said prov1's were 2 for 1 :D