PDA

View Full Version : Best concerts you've ever been to.

TheNuclearOne
29th July 2012, 12:52 AM
Being from the sticks (relatively speaking in comparision to many of you) i've been severely deprived.

Midnight Oil was awesome. INXS the same. Dragon and Mondo rock together (unless mem fails) were sensational. The Angels were always awesome on the nightclub scene and The Radiators were always well received here.

Perhaps the finest to come thru in my time was the Dire Straits "Money For Nothing" tour. Perhaps the most enjoyable was Midnight Oil the time we knew perimeter security and basically snuck in what we wanted and indulged on the fenceline (with said security) periodically thru the night.

I would kill to have seen Pink Floyd back in the day. Stones would have been good. Eagles. Fleetwood Mac, Sherbert.

PeteyD
29th July 2012, 06:29 AM
I think there might be a thread on this already.

One of the best I saw was Faith No More at Transformers, just after 'The Real Thing' . Really great band live and great gig.

Some at Festival Hall (RIP) - Anthrax, Skid Row, Nirvana. All good.

I remember seeing inxs at a free Ekka concert in the 80s.

I am slightly biased but my favourites were Iron Maiden (at Hodern Pav in Sydney and Bondall EC).

Jarro
29th July 2012, 06:57 AM
Pink Floyd @ Boondall (both nights) in the late 80's 8)

Rush @ Riverfront Stadium Cincinnati in 1986.

Baby Animals @ Festival Hall.

sol381
29th July 2012, 06:59 AM
Yeah petey,,it's a Shame festival hall has gone, by far the best venue in Brisbane...best concert for me was the tea partying 1999 I think at festival hall...also queensryche at the hifi , opeth at the tivoli. Judas priest was great. Surprisingly good was John cougar ...not really my type of music but brilliant showman.

dc68
29th July 2012, 07:03 AM
KISS @ Lang Park 1980.
Sunnyboys @ the Jet Club circa 1987
U2 festival hall in the early 80s
The Oils @ the roxy in the Vally also mid 80s
Neil Diamond @ Boondall 3 times
Angels @ Rock Arena about 4 years ago Doc was rocking it!

Muscles
29th July 2012, 11:15 AM
Pearl Jam in 95. Melbourne music bowl.
30.000 people ripped the fences down and crashed the party. Hundreds were injured and they played for about 4 hours. Amazing!!

Daves
29th July 2012, 11:24 AM
I always remember Chisel at the Bangalow Bowlo in the late 70s. There were probably 300 paying punters inside, and another 200 no tickets outside. During the show they opened the side doors for them. Jimmy was hitting the Vodka hard as was his want and was climbing up through the ceiling beams at one stage.

Split Enz around the same era in a Theatre in Lismore was also memorable. Great Show.

TheNuclearOne
29th July 2012, 12:00 PM
I think there might be a thread on this already.

One of the best I saw was Faith No More at Transformers, just after 'The Real Thing' . Really great band live and great gig.

Some at Festival Hall (RIP) - Anthrax, Skid Row, Nirvana. All good.

I remember seeing inxs at a free Ekka concert in the 80s.

I am slightly biased but my favourites were Iron Maiden (at Hodern Pav in Sydney and Bondall EC).

Nirvana and Iron Maiden would have been fascinating.

TheNuclearOne
29th July 2012, 12:02 PM
Pink Floyd @ Boondall (both nights) in the late 80's 8)

I think i hate you! LOL The mate was there actually, said it was absolutely incredible. Wow.

TheNuclearOne
29th July 2012, 12:03 PM
Pearl Jam in 95. Melbourne music bowl.
30.000 people ripped the fences down and crashed the party. Hundreds were injured and they played for about 4 hours. Amazing!!

They would be great. Discovered em late but one of my faves.

ddasey
29th July 2012, 01:15 PM
Violent Femmes / Nirvana - Fisherman's Wharf 1992

TheNuclearOne
29th July 2012, 01:24 PM
Anyone seen the Stones or Fleetwood Mac?

PeteyD
29th July 2012, 01:26 PM
Saw cyndi lauper doing the jazz stuff (at last album) at twin towns, which was brilliant.

The boss at qe2.

Cosmopolite
29th July 2012, 01:34 PM

yup stones in Perth in about 1994ish.

seen many other concerts but ones that stand out are Eric Clapton, Muse, Sade, Eagles, U2 and went to one in sydney on NYE last with Pseudo Echo, guy sebastian, Pet shop Boys, Jamiroquai and Culture Club. that was pretty good.

LeftyHoges
29th July 2012, 01:35 PM
Been to a couple of Pearl Jam shows that were pure awesome, one in '03, the other in '09. In '09 Eddie Vedder and Ben Harper did a cover of Under Pressure that made my girlfriend damn near wet herself!

TheNuclearOne
29th July 2012, 01:43 PM
yup stones in Perth in about 1994ish.

seen many other concerts but ones that stand out are Eric Clapton, Muse, Sade, Eagles, U2 and went to one in sydney on NYE last with Pseudo Echo, guy sebastian, Pet shop Boys, Jamiroquai and Culture Club. that was pretty good.

1994'ish is the concert a mate went to. Pretty sure it was the start (or close to it) of sky high prices.

One hell of a concert line up. You reminded me that i have seen Pseudo Echo. I agree they were great. Sade would be smooth as silk i reckon, and Clapton, well he's Clapton. An ex loved The Pet Shop Boys and they actually put out some fine music.

TheNuclearOne
29th July 2012, 01:44 PM
Been to a couple of Pearl Jam shows that were pure awesome, one in '03, the other in '09. In '09 Eddie Vedder and Ben Harper did a cover of Under Pressure that made my girlfriend damn near wet herself!

Wow. Did Pearl Jam carry their form over all those years?

dc68
29th July 2012, 02:26 PM
and went to one in sydney on NYE last with Pseudo Echo, guy sebastian, Pet shop Boys, Jamiroquai and Culture Club. that was pretty GHEY.

Fixed that for you Cosmo.

BrettM
29th July 2012, 02:44 PM
Dire Straits, ACDC - Cairns
Skid Row, KISS, Pantera, White Zombie, The Ramones, Ozzy Osbourne, Sepletura, ACDC - US
The Rolling Stones, Metallica, Pearl Jam - Brisbane
U2 - Sydney
Kevin Borich Blues Express - Melbourne, Cairns

All awesome.

PeteyD
29th July 2012, 03:58 PM
Saw Ramones at Festy as well, forgotton that one. They were great live.

markTHEblake
29th July 2012, 04:09 PM
Tina Turner in 84/85 at QEII, and shamed to admit but when I went to Mental as Anything concert, Uncanny x Men was the support act and they were better.

TheNuclearOne
29th July 2012, 04:12 PM
Tina Turner in 84/85 at QEII, and shamed to admit but when I went to Mental as Anything concert, Uncanny x Men was the support act and they were better.

You guys are reminding me of concerts i forgot. Seen both of them, possibly together on the same tour you are talking about. Mannix goes off.

PeteyD
29th July 2012, 04:15 PM
Baby Animals at st Pauls with a local band as a support act (one of the guys from Regurgitator was in it, Pangea or something like that). They played a reggae version of paranoid which was really weird and good at the same time.

hardboiled
29th July 2012, 04:18 PM
Guns N Roses, Skid Row and Rose Tattoo. Calder Park 1993.

The day had everything. Was scorching hot. Then pissed down rain. Mud fights and the Gunners at their peak rocking with about 75000 people.

Definately a day to remember.

ddasey
29th July 2012, 04:20 PM
Guns N Roses, Skid Row and Rose Tattoo. Calder Park

Ditto but at Eastern Creek.

markTHEblake
29th July 2012, 04:37 PM
You guys are reminding me of concerts i forgot. Seen both of them, possibly together on the same tour you are talking about. Mannix goes off.

May have been :-) I saw TT on my birthday so that makes it Dec 84 at QEII, and UXM was in Rocky so must have been earlier in 84. Did Mannix tell the joke about how nobody wanted to come to his birthday party?

BrettM
29th July 2012, 04:50 PM
Saw Ramones at Festy as well, forgotton that one. They were great live.

"1, 2, 3, 4....." :)

Forgot about Rage Against The Machine in the US. They were fantastic.

TheNuclearOne
29th July 2012, 04:57 PM
May have been :-) I saw TT on my birthday so that makes it Dec 84 at QEII, and UXM was in Rocky so must have been earlier in 84. Did Mannix tell the joke about how nobody wanted to come to his birthday party?

1984 would match! That would make me grade 11, definitely the same tour. Jeeeeez. The mates always tell me i've got a sharp memory but you've caned me there. I had to be reminded of seeing them. The X Men were huge for a short time around then, there album was a must have. But yes, 1984. Shame i don't remember the joke. Knowing Mannix it would be good.

LeftyHoges
29th July 2012, 06:12 PM
Wow. Did Pearl Jam carry their form over all those years? You may find it hard to believe but you betcha. While their song writing may not be what it used to be their live performances are outstanding. The only thing that changed from the two performances was Vedder drank more wine in '09.

TheNuclearOne
29th July 2012, 06:18 PM
You may find it hard to believe but you betcha. While their song writing may not be what it used to be their live performances are outstanding. The only thing that changed from the two performances was Vedder drank more wine in '09.

I'll believe it without hesitation. What a band.

mudrat
29th July 2012, 06:29 PM
Ditto but at Eastern Creek. +1. Bloody awesome!!!

matty
29th July 2012, 07:06 PM
Cold Chisel at Bimbadgen Winery in the Hunter Valley, Nov 2011.
Closely followed by-:
Midnight Oil in the late 80's at the Sydney Entertainment Centre
A U2 concert with BB King in Sydney about 1990.
A joint U2/Guns n Roses concert in a paddock outside Vienna with about 100,000 people in early 90's.
A small gig with original The Committments, early/mid 90's in London. Still have signed CD.
Rod Stewart about two years back in Sydney. Surprisingly good fun.

TheTrueReview
29th July 2012, 08:44 PM
I saw U2 once & it was pretty memorable. Great band but my then girlfriend burst into tears mid concert & wanted to know that I still loved her. Women. :roll:

jimandr
29th July 2012, 08:55 PM

Fleetwood Mac, early 90's are on my list, along with...

Dire Straits about 1980, Regent Theatre Sydney
Pink Floyd, late 80's - only artist I saw, then bought a ticket to a later concert so I could see it again from a different part of the stadium
BB King - Hordern Pavilion early 90's
Bonnie Raitt and Jackson Browne - State Theatre mid 90's.

Australian Division:

Richard Clapton and Icehouse in a double bill at Woonona-Bulli RSL
Machinations at Sawtell RSL (a bonus during a holiday where it rained 3 days straight)
The Angels, as support act for David Bowie at Sydney Showground - they were better than Bowie

Fleetwood Mac was in the period when Lindsay Buckingham had left the band, replaced by two no-name guitarists. I didn't have big expectations, but they were much better than I was expecting. Same with Jackson Browne, better than I expected him to be.

PerryGroves
29th July 2012, 08:57 PM
The Pogues: Town & Country, London, 1988. Just a brilliant night, Shane pissed but not the shambling mess of a human he is these days.

TheNuclearOne
29th July 2012, 09:20 PM
I saw U2 once & it was pretty memorable. Great band but my then girlfriend burst into tears mid concert & wanted to know that I still loved her. Women. :roll:

You were giving too much attention and admiration to the concert :D

TheNuclearOne
29th July 2012, 09:32 PM
Fleetwood Mac, early 90's are on my list, along with...

Dire Straits about 1980, Regent Theatre Sydney
Pink Floyd, late 80's - only artist I saw, then bought a ticket to a later concert so I could see it again from a different part of the stadium
BB King - Hordern Pavilion early 90's
Bonnie Raitt and Jackson Browne - State Theatre mid 90's.

Australian Division:

Richard Clapton and Icehouse in a double bill at Woonona-Bulli RSL
Machinations at Sawtell RSL (a bonus during a holiday where it rained 3 days straight)
The Angels, as support act for David Bowie at Sydney Showground - they were better than Bowie

Fleetwood Mac was in the period when Lindsay Buckingham had left the band, replaced by two no-name guitarists. I didn't have big expectations, but they were much better than I was expecting. Same with Jackson Browne, better than I expected him to be.

What a list! Early Dire Straits would have been something. The mate described almost every minute of that years Pink Floyd concert, he saw them in QLD i think. If he could have i reckon he would have went again too. He was in awe. I'm a decent fan of Jackson Browne actually, and Bonnie would go off i reckon.

Richard Clapton's awesome. There's another i saw, Icehouse. Would love to have seen Bowie. The Angels came here often, and you always knew you were going to get a terrific show.

Johnny Canuck
29th July 2012, 09:37 PM
Run DMC at The Nac in 99
Beastie Boys at Lollapolloza mid 90s
Goldfinger at a tiny venue in 98
Pearl Jam at Maple Leaf Gardens 97
Coldplay (biggest surprise) 2004
Atmosphere and Murs at Southbound in 2009 was pretty cool as well

Jarro
29th July 2012, 09:40 PM
David Lee Roth came out here in the late 80's on his 'Eat 'em and smile tour'

It was a fantastic show 8)

wazandnic
29th July 2012, 09:44 PM
Metallic Black Album in Sydney is one I always think about, awesome!

Skid Row at the Guns n Roses gig at Easterncreek, they rocked the joint!

The Offspring Smash tour at Waves in Wollongong, Come out n play was just starting to hit the charts, think tickets were $10, that was a crazy night!

The Screaming Jets at the local in Camden was always a good night also. ;)

damoocow
29th July 2012, 09:47 PM
Dates will be slightly hazy and in no particular order -

TISM [all dressed as Madonna] at the Roxy sometime late 80's
Spy Vs Spy in a tent down the coast somewhere [The Spit?] mid 80's
AC/DC - Hells Bells Tour Festival Hall - when the bell lowered the crowd went wild
Ozzy at Festival Hall - early 90's I think - just mental
Cold Chisel at Cloudland late 70's - in their prime - Barnes was full of Vodka[?] and Staminade
Alice Cooper at Festival Hall - Welcome to my Nightmare Tour about 77 - my first ever concert.
Giants of Science/Radio Birdman double bill Brisbane early 90's - my ears still hurt from that one
Oils at Stop the Drop Melbourne early 80's - Garrett was going off and Oils at QUT Brisbane around 81 - two great shows

TheNuclearOne
29th July 2012, 09:56 PM
Run DMC at The Nac in 99
Beastie Boys at Lollapolloza mid 90s
Pearl Jam at Maple Leaf Gardens 97
Coldplay (biggest surprise) 2004
Atmosphere and Murs at Southbound in 2009 was pretty cool as well

Had Coldplay on this arve. They would be impressive.

BroKar
29th July 2012, 10:01 PM
Not that I am that way inclined, but if I was ever going to top myself I would just pit Coldplay on repeat

TheNuclearOne
29th July 2012, 10:09 PM
Not that I am that way inclined, but if I was ever going to top myself I would just pit Coldplay on repeat

Hahahaha, not a fan then. I quite like a handful (or a teeny bit more) of their songs.

Ashes
29th July 2012, 10:30 PM
Def Leppard, The Who, Heaven & Hell (Black Sabbath), AIC, RATM, Faith No More, Soundgarden, and Metallica all stand out.

For me though, obscure bands at small venues have been more enjoyable than any of the big bands.

EDIT - thought I'd list a few of my favourite obscure ones:

In Flames @ The Warfield in San Fran (awesome venue)
The Haunted - Amplifier Perth
The Hellacopters - Amplifier Perth
Pungent Stench - Amplifier Perth
Shihad - Newport Freo
Rollerball - Newport Freo
Monster Magnet - Metros Freo

goughy
29th July 2012, 10:49 PM
Melissa Etheridge at festival hall, 2.5hrs of 5 piece rock
Jeff Healey at festival hall, showing what a 3 piece band can do
Joe cocker at Boondal, intimate setup.
George Thorrogood at a local night club
John Cougar Mellencamp twice, his drummer was an animal,
The Stones of course, with a sober Ronnie Wood.
Bill Evans with Vinnie Coliauta on drums, showing they even in jazz fusion with some of the best musicians in the world playing time rules.
Skyhooks, local club. My mate asked Red Symonds for his autograph and he told him to 'get ******, I don't have a pen'.

BroKar
29th July 2012, 10:56 PM
Hahahaha, not a fan then. I quite like a handful (or a teeny bit more) of their songs.

Probably 2-3 early songs are good, all sound the same to me mate

timah!
29th July 2012, 11:12 PM
Probably 2-3 early songs are good, all sound the same to me mate

Yet, you like the Poo Fighters ;) :lol:

TheTrueReview
30th July 2012, 08:40 AM
ZzTop. Late 80s. Surfers Paradise Raceway. Outdoor concert. Bikies everywhere. Incredible atmosphere.

Jarro
30th July 2012, 08:50 AM
ZzTop. Late 80s. Surfers Paradise Raceway. Outdoor concert. Bikies everywhere. Incredible atmosphere.

I knew some people who went to that and came away very disappointed :(

Too much pre-recorded stuff i was told.

BrisVegas
30th July 2012, 08:58 AM

Fleetwood Mac is the best concert I've been to. This was at Boondal a year or two ago. The sound quality and sheer volume was amazing.

Haven't been to too many concerts, but saw U2 Pop Mart at the old footy stadium at Kessels Rd (memory fails me what it's called) which I thought was pretty ordinary. Also caught Aerosmith at an outdoor concert in the states and they werent much good either. The best concerts are indoors I've found. Matchbox20 was pretty good at Boondal. Almost embarassed to say this, but I though Keith Urban at Boondal was really good!

But yeah, Fleetwood Mac were the best. Daylight second.

solarman
30th July 2012, 09:06 AM
Dire Straits actually in Cairns.

damoocow
30th July 2012, 09:18 AM

Worst concert ever - crap venue and sound....

PeteyD
30th July 2012, 09:55 AM
A couple of visits to Purga Creek in the 90's. Memories are vague but I do recall a good time was had by all ;) Pretty sure the Angels and Angry Anderson were some of the acts I saw out there.

Jarro
30th July 2012, 10:18 AM
Saw Aerosmith at Boondal in 88.

They were terrible, but Angry Anderson was their support act and he absolutely killed it !!

Also saw Def Leppard 'in the round' at Boondal and thought they were terrific.

Also saw Phil Collins at Boondal, great show.

sms316
30th July 2012, 10:22 AM
Wiggles. 2010 at the Entertainment Centre.

PeteyD
30th July 2012, 10:24 AM
Sure, you watched the band ...

sms316
30th July 2012, 10:26 AM
It was better than the Joey Peroni concert I went to when I was about 13, although the Peroni concert was memorable for throwing Jaffas at him for about half an hour.

Bruce Dickinson
30th July 2012, 11:11 AM
Spandau Ballet - Sandalford winery 2010
Metallica 1991 for the spinal tap album
Iron Maiden in Sydney 2010
David Bowie on the perth foreshore
George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers - 1988 at the perth entertainment centre
ELO in the early 90's
Rose Tattoo at Bindoon Rock
The Police a couple of years ago
Tony Hadley and Go West at the Astor Theatre

Johnny Canuck
30th July 2012, 11:26 AM
Bruce, someone has hacked your account and thrown Spandau Ballet at the top of your list as a joke.

Ashes
30th July 2012, 12:12 PM
George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers - 1988 at the perth entertainment centre
ELO in the early 90's

Shocked to see Iron Maiden make your list... Whilst not a huge fan, I have seen them a few times and they put on a great show.

Your reference to the Metallica Spinal Tap album made me laugh. I can remember on their "A year and half in the life of" video, Spinal Tap made a surprise appearance and were bagging them for stealing their album artwork. Was a pretty funny scene.

Bruce Dickinson
30th July 2012, 02:49 PM
Bruce, someone has hacked your account and thrown Spandau Ballet at the top of your list as a joke.
the Heineken factor helped with that review JC

Shocked to see Iron Maiden make your list... Whilst not a huge fan, I have seen them a few times and they put on a great show.

Your reference to the Metallica Spinal Tap album made me laugh. I can remember on their "A year and half in the life of" video, Spinal Tap made a surprise appearance and were bagging them for stealing their album artwork. Was a pretty funny scene.
I dont mind maiden either, they go alright....
and in the immortal words of Nigel Tufnel

"There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black"

TheNuclearOne
30th July 2012, 03:54 PM
Fleetwood Mac is the best concert I've been to. This was at Boondal a year or two ago. The sound quality and sheer volume was amazing.

But yeah, Fleetwood Mac were the best. Daylight second.

Cheers. Imagine what they would have been like in their damn pomp. Wow.

Have i seen Oz Crawl mentioned yet? Dragon were awesome when they came here.

TheNuclearOne
30th July 2012, 03:56 PM
ELO in the early 90's

ELO are close to my favourite band. I salute your good fortune, but did they still have Roger at that point???

TheTrueReview
30th July 2012, 03:57 PM
Worst concert ever - crap venue and sound....

You were doing it wrong.

TheNuclearOne
30th July 2012, 04:02 PM
You were doing it wrong.

Hahahahaha

Jarro
30th July 2012, 04:02 PM
ELO are close to my favourite band.

Yeah i like them a lot too.

Grew up with my dad playing their stuff a lot so sort of grew into them 8)

TheNuclearOne
30th July 2012, 04:04 PM

I think you and i have huge overlaps in our music preferences Jarro. We are surely from the same era.

Courty
30th July 2012, 04:11 PM
Best concerts I saw were:

RHCP @ Boondall. Just. Went. Off.
Cat Empire @ some tiny venue that doesn't exist any more.
UB40 @ Kuranda Ampitheatre.

One of the best (which I'll probably cop heaps about) was Robbie Williams @ Suncorp Stadium. I was dragged along by my wife and expected nothing much but came away in awe. The guy is a fantastic entertainer.

Don't know any of their stuff except for 'Here In Your Bedroom' which I heard in the mid 90's and have never forgotten. Is the rest of their stuff similar?

Giants of Science/Radio Birdman double bill Brisbane early 90's - my ears still hurt from that one

I saw Giants of Science supporting Grinspoon here in Cairns some years back, I feel your pain.

Jarro
30th July 2012, 04:17 PM
I think you and i have huge overlaps in our music preferences Jarro. We are surely from the same era.

It would appear so :)

Eldrick
30th July 2012, 04:45 PM
*excluding BDO performances

Pantera - Great southern trendkill tour
You am I- shindignation tour, they had Sihad as support
the Cruel Sea- at the castle hill tavern
Michael Franti and Spearhead at the Enmore (these guys had the whole place in their feet)
the Police - ANZ stadium
the Foo Fighters-last year ( being part of a 40k sing-long is a pretty special moment)
Sufjan Stevens- and the state theater
Bon Iver - at the Opera house
Ben Harper at the Horden
Counting Crows at the Horden
Faith no more at the Horden

damoocow
30th July 2012, 04:48 PM
You were doing it wrong.

you've lost me...

TheNuclearOne
30th July 2012, 04:53 PM
you've lost me...

Substances!

popper81
30th July 2012, 05:10 PM
I am a bit younger than most of you.... there is some gigs above that I would have loved to have seen though..

Here are my highlights, and could easily have a few more.... these just had to be

ACDC- at boondall, won tickets - turned down blink 182 tickets ( at the time, a big deal, now not at all) - Angus was so impressive, he rocked all night, I left sober, deaf and stunned!!!
Cat Empire - Anytime from 2000 to the 2006, but the highlight would have been at woodford folk festival... 20 mates, in the front row/sand pit, great venue, and great crowd.
Michael Franti - Blues and Roots 2009 - played the two nights, amazing man... had the crowd in a frenzy... Will always stay in my mind
Butterfingers - The Zoo in brisbane- Boys know how to party... If you jhave seen them, you understand..
Chemical Brothers - BDO Gold coast End of the night, A M A Z I N G!
The Presets at Splendour in the grass 07/08? -- Last band of the weekend.... great show, and the atmosphere was electric.
Korn- BDO 99- Gold Coast - the were maybe 15 mins late coming on, rode out the bikes from a poster at the times.. From then on I was lucky to have made it out alive!

Flowergirl
30th July 2012, 05:22 PM
Early 70's - too long ago to remember the dates - all Melbourne gigs.

Rolling Stones at Kooyong
Sunbury - don't remember a lot - actually very little!!! - Billy Thorpe I remember though.
Jo Cocker - Festival Hall
Tommy - The Who
Frank Zappa
Skyhooks - they were awesome fun - on stage and back stage :)
Australian Crawl
Chain - best band EVER
Daddy Cool

And probably a lot more but it is such a long time ago!! I still LOVE 70's Ausie rock.

Jarro
30th July 2012, 05:25 PM
Reenie, The Who would've been sensational to see back then !!

At their peak for sure 8)

TheNuclearOne
30th July 2012, 05:29 PM
Early 70's - too long ago to remember the dates - all Melbourne gigs.

Rolling Stones at Kooyong
Sunbury - don't remember a lot - actually very little!!! - Billy Thorpe I remember though.
Jo Cocker - Festival Hall
Tommy - The Who
Frank Zappa
Skyhooks - they were awesome fun - on stage and back stage :)
Australian Crawl
Chain - best band EVER
Daddy Cool

And probably a lot more but it is such a long time ago!! I still LOVE 70's Ausie rock.

I've been waiting for some real blasts from the past. What a list.

markTHEblake
30th July 2012, 07:18 PM
Flowergirl, no Col Joy dancethons in your list?

blurry
30th July 2012, 07:55 PM
Jeff Buckley at the Metro in 1995, sensational. If I had my backed turned to him I would have sworn someone was playing his cd ' Grace. favourite singer of all time.

LeftyHoges
30th July 2012, 10:20 PM
Jeff Buckley at the Metro in 1995, sensational. If I had my backed turned to him I would have sworn someone was playing his cd ' Grace. favourite singer of all time.

You Asshole.

God that would've been great!

TheNuclearOne
31st July 2012, 05:52 PM

Would i be correct to assume you might be holding out on a Jon English experience or two???

jimandr
31st July 2012, 09:39 PM
I can admit to seeing Jon English in Jesus Christ Superstar, on a school excursion in about 73 or 74. I don't really recall all that much about it, though. I was more interested in the girl I sat next to on the bus and then in the theatre.

Jarro
31st July 2012, 09:42 PM
Would i be correct to assume you might be holding out on a Jon English experience or two???

Nah mate, i must admit that i've never really been a JE fan :(

TheNuclearOne
31st July 2012, 09:44 PM
Nah mate, i must admit that i've never really been a JE fan :(

Ah ok, i'm surprised.

Nothing wrong with that Jim, all around!