PDA

View Full Version : ICC super series of cricket. Game 1

Jarro
5th October 2005, 02:34 PM
Aussies have won the toss and decided to bat.

1/80 after 14 overs with Gilchrist the man out.

seems weird watching them play cricket indoors :?

AndyP
5th October 2005, 02:37 PM
I keep forgetting about this. Not sure how much i care either.

Bring on the super test.

OK, I care a little. Who's in the starting lineup, jarro?

Trung
5th October 2005, 02:44 PM
Gilchrist, A
Katich, S
Ponting, R
Martyn, D
Symonds, A
Clarke, M
Hussey, M
Watson, S
Lee, B
Bracken, N
McGrath, G
=========

I will leave the World 11 for Jarro. :D

Jarro
5th October 2005, 02:46 PM
thanks Trungie :roll:

AUSTRALIA: Ricky Ponting (captain), Nathan Bracken, Michael Clarke, Adam Gilchrist, Simon Katich, Mike Hussey, Brett Lee, Damien Martyn, Glenn McGrath, Andrew Symonds, Shane Watson. Super sub: Cameron White.

WORLD XI: Shaun Pollock (captain), Shoaib Akhtar, Rahul Dravid, Andrew Flintoff, Jacques Kallis, Brian Lara, Muttiah Muralitharan, Kevin Pietersen, Kumar Sangakkara, Virender Sehwag, Daniel Vettori. Super Sub: Shahid Afridi.

AndyP
5th October 2005, 02:55 PM
Hope they sub Cam White for Bracken before he does anything.  ;)

Trung
5th October 2005, 03:30 PM
Martyn could be gone for ever... :?

3oneday
5th October 2005, 03:42 PM
Obviously, because it is sport, and it is on TV, and it will pi$$ my wife off, I will be watching it... BUT...

is this stuff official for these guys, ie does it count in stats and career stuff ???? DOES IT MEAN ANYTHING ???????

Pete

Jarro
5th October 2005, 03:45 PM
is this stuff official for these guys, ie does it count in stats and career stuff ???? DOES IT MEAN ANYTHING ???????

yes 3driversinoneday, all these games have been given full status on the International calendar.

Fishman Dan
5th October 2005, 05:13 PM
So... the middle order failed... again!

If it wasn't for Brett Lee.... 8)

Jarro
5th October 2005, 05:25 PM
don't think they made anywhere near enough though :?

Fishman Dan
5th October 2005, 05:41 PM
Good to see this special series still can't take the airtime away from Ray Martin :roll:

I can't really see what the World Team are playing for (other than some payback for the last 4 years of world cricket), but the Aussies would be super fired up for this series. If they can't bat, they'll bowl their guts out.

Depends whether Cam White goes for 0/150, or 4/140 (off 7). If he can buy a wicket or two then we're a big chance.

Jarro
5th October 2005, 07:30 PM
have you ever seen so many catches NOT be caught :? :x

Watson seems to have lifted his bowling though, still has a long way to go before he's as good as Freddie :wink:

terryand
5th October 2005, 08:01 PM
8 for 118.Whats that saying about a team full of champions........ :smt017

Terry.

3oneday
5th October 2005, 08:28 PM
8 for 118.Whats that saying about a team full of champions........ :smt017

Terry.they're here for a pissup :wink:

cazandpaul
6th October 2005, 09:00 AM
Crowd was only 18,000 :oops: but a win is a win and all is right in the world again - apart from our catching :oops:

jaster
6th October 2005, 10:03 AM
All I can say is that I love the new PJs...WOW good old ADIDAS again :smt023

Fishman Dan
6th October 2005, 05:31 PM
Crowd was only 18,000 :oops:  but a win is a win and all is right in the world again - apart from our catching :oops:

I read a bad review on CricInfo about the crowd and atmosphere - i don't think that's such a bad effort for a who-cares game, on a WEDNESDAY?! Especially when you consider most grounds in some countries, that would be capacity!!

McMw
6th October 2005, 05:46 PM
my question is - why wednesday???

these guys are professionals...
why not make it Fri-Sat-Sun....

then sell the seats as a package... :roll: :roll:

Jarro
6th October 2005, 06:15 PM
my question is - why wednesday???

easy.

Aussies win on wednesday, ROW win on friday ...... decider to be played Sunday day/night ... PRIME TIME ON 9 :P

Grunt
6th October 2005, 06:56 PM
Was at work seeing a little here and there while the aussies were batting and said to some work mates as we were leaving that 250 odd was not enough.

Turned it on after dinner expecting to see the ROW cruising only to be shocked at how bad they were playing.

Anyone reckon that the roof was getting in the sights and making the white ball hard to see, alot of the dropped catches hitting normally good catchers on the wrists as they were trying to catch.