PDA

View Full Version : Freddy a DRIVER

freddy a
3rd October 2005, 07:46 PM
I have changed my grip. With this swing I have a very strong grip but I have gone to amore neutral grip. My noramal shot with a driver is a power fade with a very piercing trajectory. I never have liked the high ball flight most people prefer these days with the driver.
please click on link:
http://www.zippyvideos.com/6430834011492476/mov00326/*tandtplace

BrisVegas
3rd October 2005, 08:26 PM
Awesome Freddy. Looks like you smash the ball! What's your driver clubhead speed? It's gotta be up there...

Video was a bit grainy, but you could see the strong grip clearly enough. Nice and fluid.. very loose. 8)

Jarro
3rd October 2005, 08:30 PM
got the real long driver stance happening there too i see ...... nice and wide :wink:

Ona
3rd October 2005, 08:49 PM
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/3015/untitled5wi.png

can't argue with that Freddy :D

Trung
3rd October 2005, 09:44 PM
Good swing Fredster.. :D

freddy a
3rd October 2005, 10:09 PM
Thanks guys,
sorry bout the quality but that was taken with a digital still camera. My clubhead speed is between 108-115mph, my irons average about 95-100. I went for my first ever lesson at MGA in Melbourne 2 months ago and since that lesson I have shortened my irons swing. I think i have lost club head speed but i seem to time the ball better with no significant loss of distance.
I prefer the wider stance as it gives me a more stable base and lets me "grip it and rip it" it also has the added advantage of being able to coil my upper body alot more which equals more clubhead speed going down.
Ona actually I love that part of my swing as well in that picture. I have all the golfdigest magz and I have compared my swing frame by frame with those series of pics they have of certain players. And this part of my swing is very similar to most of them. I just can't get that late wrist **** release that the long pro's do. they really release very late to gain the extra speed on the downswing.

jaster
4th October 2005, 09:23 PM
Still not working for me :(

Our server is currently under heavy load please refresh the page in few minutes. Thank You!