PDA

View Full Version : Metal wood paint touch ups

Grunt
3rd October 2005, 03:26 PM
Hi all

Any of you know of any places that repair paint damage to metal woods caused by skyed shots? Or a place to get close matched paint. I thought of getting a car spray paint place to match it and get a can made up. Another idea I have is customising my woods and repainting them myself. Would be some far out color that way. :lol:

jaster
3rd October 2005, 05:00 PM
There was a custom place in Australia, sorry but I can't find the link I use to have? Most panel beaters would be able to do it no probs...whether they want to or not is another story.

Courty
3rd October 2005, 10:51 PM
I've been thinking of giving my R580 a respray. It's an ex-demo and came with a few chips & scratches. I'd love to give it an overhaul and make it look like new again. Hmmm, Avocado, Fuchsia, Salmon, Gay NSW Sky Blue. The choices are endless...

I don't think it would be too difficult. Just sand back any scratches/ chips with Wet'n'Dry to smooth it off. Tape off the bits you don't want painted, and give it a few coats. Autobarn or somewhere similar will be able to match the paint to your favourite car colour. How about Ford's Citrus Rush :smt078

Here's a tip: don't spraypaint near the car when it's windy outside :shock: :roll: