PDA

View Full Version : Gavin Simms Memorial Cup 2012 - The Real OzGolf Champs

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

sms316
28th October 2012, 08:52 AM
Go jack! And his 3 shadows.

Shadesy
28th October 2012, 09:01 AM
Tommy G and Jack could fight it out in group 4 coming down the stretch.

simmsy
28th October 2012, 09:32 AM
Pieface ur nothing more than a kiwi and a disgrace to the WAnker community.

Pieface
28th October 2012, 10:40 AM
Pieface ur nothing more than a kiwi and a disgrace to the WAnker community. I supported nuff yesterday and torpedoed his round. Thought I might do the same today. No wonder you blokes got flogged no appreciation for the psychological side of it all ;)

sms316
28th October 2012, 10:42 AM
I supported nuff yesterday and torpedoed his round. Thought I might do the same today. No wonder you blokes got flogged no appreciation for the psychological side of it all ;) They got flogged because they were no friggin good.

Ned
28th October 2012, 10:56 AM
A brisk breeze driving towards KB!

rubin
28th October 2012, 11:14 AM
Early morning course report.

Hot, with a warm dry breeze. Not gonna be much fun for the middle 3 holes on the front.

Should turn in the afternoon and make the back 9 interesting.

Webster
28th October 2012, 11:20 AM
Should turn in the afternoon and make the back 9 interesting.

Pro homo?

Jarro
28th October 2012, 11:46 AM
Time for DC to fire up !!

sms316
28th October 2012, 11:51 AM
I'm predicting jock rot today. ****ing hot!

Dick Whitaker
28th October 2012, 01:12 PM
Early reports from the Pt Kennedy suggest that there has been some early precipitation. Muddy patches in some locations.

Really shitty stuff.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh170/smsmith1976/9E9F13D8-B602-4E69-8F43-8509F138A26D-510-000000584CAAB445.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh170/smsmith1976/FF247264-E83B-4101-80C2-6D54DEA03365-510-000000584FB122ED.jpg

LeftyHoges
28th October 2012, 01:43 PM
Rubin and Jeffo. The purest ball strikers I've seen for 18 'cappers.

Pieface
28th October 2012, 02:17 PM
How's the weather? Lightning and rain NOR

Marto65
28th October 2012, 02:36 PM
After 7.

Simmsy shadesy Marto 13

Nut 11.

sms316
28th October 2012, 02:36 PM
Eagle count: 1.

Even par for the last 2 holes.

Shadesy
28th October 2012, 03:06 PM
Shadesy 19

Marto/simmsy 18

Nut 12

sms316
28th October 2012, 03:28 PM
Shadesy 19Marto/simmsy 18Nut 12 You're a frikken criminal Shadesy.

TourFit
28th October 2012, 03:34 PM
Nuffies' game is falling apart because he is feeling faint at having to maintain his chubby for
Jack. He's not used to having a chub for that long.

TourFit
28th October 2012, 03:35 PM
'Fit 17, Jack 16, TommyG 12, Nuffie 11

TheNuclearOne
28th October 2012, 03:36 PM
Nuffies' game is falling apart because he is feeling faint at having to maintain his chubby for
Jack. He's not used to having a chub for that long.

LOL!! Bit of admiration there?

hocko
28th October 2012, 03:45 PM
Ashes 11, hocko 13, Cosmo 8, ned 14.
We are killing it!

adlo
28th October 2012, 03:46 PM
Rubin and Jeffo. The purest ball strikers I've seen for 18 'cappers.

Rubin has a lot of experience with balls.

idgolfguy
28th October 2012, 03:52 PM
Id 16, hansel 14, gamgam 11

LeftyHoges
28th October 2012, 03:54 PM
2nd to last group

Jeffo leading the way with 19, DC 16, Rubin 13 and NAGA boy 15. Scratched 9 after cockily proclaiming that the shirt was staying in the west. :-(

hocko
28th October 2012, 04:04 PM
Could well be, Cosmo is trying her best to win the shirt

Cosmopolite
28th October 2012, 04:19 PM
Pink is my colour

LeftyHoges
28th October 2012, 04:20 PM
Could well be, Cosmo is trying her best to win the shirt

Rubes is trying to work his way back to the field.

Marto65
28th October 2012, 04:24 PM
After 13.

Shadesy 28.

Marto and simmsy 24

Nut 18.

bergsey
28th October 2012, 05:36 PM
First group in

Idgolfguy 32
Bergsey 29
Catch22 27 pts

AndyP
28th October 2012, 05:40 PM
Jack needs 16 to send it to a countback? ;)

bergsey
28th October 2012, 05:51 PM
Group 2

Shadesy 37
Simmsy 31
Marto 31
Golfnut 29

hocko
28th October 2012, 05:52 PM
We may have a winner right there!

Pieface
28th October 2012, 06:00 PM
Home track bully! Shooting assman!!

sms316
28th October 2012, 06:18 PM
SMS & Yoss 7 up with 1 to go against Nuck a
& Zeus.

sms316
28th October 2012, 08:04 PM
Congratulations to Shadesy on the win.

I'll post more later, but it was a cracking weekend with a great bunch of WAnkers.

Marto65
28th October 2012, 08:23 PM
Congratulations to Shadesy on the win.

I'll post more later, but it was a cracking weekend with a great bunch of WAnkers.

+1.

Great work Shadesy to birdie the last to snatch the win.

Thanks to all the WA guys for making our trip very special.

dc68
28th October 2012, 08:23 PM
Fantastic weekend. Great to meet all the WAnkers. A big thanks to everyone for the hospitality!!! Excellent organisation by the Tea / Sand Bagger.

Lobsta
28th October 2012, 08:27 PM
Thanks to all the WA guys for making our trip very special.

Pro homo?

AndyP
28th October 2012, 08:27 PM
Congratulations Shadesy!

tommyg
28th October 2012, 08:32 PM
Yeah thanks to all the yeasties for coming over and making it a great weekend. I had a blast... Or so I'm told. And as the winner of the drunk-off both nights can I request that next year you send someone who'll stay up with me and have a crack at that title?

Pieface
28th October 2012, 08:36 PM
Thank **** one WAnker turned up to play. Congrats shadesy!

idgolfguy
28th October 2012, 08:37 PM
Thanks guys, great to put faces and characters to the guys we interact with.

Congrats Jack on Gross. Sublime effort on courses you don't know.

TheNuclearOne
28th October 2012, 09:05 PM
I think Jack won the gross first time at the regular champs too.

Courty
28th October 2012, 09:21 PM
Congratulations, Shadesy!

I'll knock up a merit bar soon.

hocko
28th October 2012, 09:25 PM
I wanna say thanks to all the guys from the east who came across to be part of our very special weekend, an absolute awesome effort. I hope you all had a great time and us WAnkers were decent hosts. Thanks for the great golf and good laughs!
It's very surprising how well you get along with strangers with one thing in common.....golf.
Cheers guys and safe travels ;)

Jeffo1123
28th October 2012, 09:29 PM
Well done shadesy and cheers to all the boys for a great weekend!!

Cosmopolite
28th October 2012, 09:32 PM
Well done shadesy and cheers to all the boys AND GIRL for a great weekend!!

Fixed!

Ned
28th October 2012, 09:36 PM
On behalf of myself, grumpy and camo thanks to the WAnkers for a great 3 days.Well done to Heath for his win and what it means personally to him.

sms316
28th October 2012, 09:36 PM
Fixed! DC wouldn't have missed you Cosmo.

Ferrins
28th October 2012, 09:44 PM
+1.

Great work Shadesy to birdie the last to snatch the win.

Congratulations on a great victory and what an exciting way to finish. It would of been two 59's on the PGA tour if the pro's could of played the 18th like that.

Jeffo1123
28th October 2012, 09:47 PM
Fixed! Woops! My bad Cosmo!

dc68
28th October 2012, 09:48 PM
Yeah right Richard.

Marto65
28th October 2012, 09:49 PM
Congrats Shadesy...see you in 2013.

I hope you will do that Dickie. We might be able to find a spot for you with the defending champions.

Webster
28th October 2012, 09:49 PM
A big thank you to Shadesy and Simmsy for organizing the weekend and all the WA guys for their hospitality in putting on a fantastic event. Very close to the best golf weekend I have been on. Perfect in every way. Lock me in for next year again please boys.

Congrats to Shadesy on his well deserved win and especially the great score today.

Cheers, Jack.

Veefore
28th October 2012, 09:52 PM
Thanks to Shadesy on a well organised weekend. It was a great effort I'm sure but I think we all appreciated it.

Thanks to Ashes and Golfnut for a great round on Saturday and Grumpy and Camo on Sunday.

Veeman was just the same as usual except on a Sunday for a change.

It was nice to meet some of the other Easties and I hope you had a great time.

Also to OzGolf's answer to PSY. It was great to meet you and having you along for the weekend was a lot of fun. Do you wan't to replace TWM in our regular saturday group? :)

Zeusgolf
28th October 2012, 10:54 PM
Well done Shadsey big win and thanks for organising the extended weekend...

Thanks to my bedroom buddies, Bergsey, Yoss and Nut

I'm booked in for both Qld and GSM next year....

Shadsey........may I suggest a stripper for 2013 champs on friday night to assist with numbers and to keep the lads entertained ?

bergsey
28th October 2012, 10:55 PM
+1. (too tired to post right now :) )

Fromy
28th October 2012, 11:09 PM
Thanks everyone for an awesome weekend, was a serious blast and while I am pretty rooted right now I would love to keep it going another week.

Thanks to shades for organising you did an awesome job. Thanks to everyone else that helped, fit doing the ntps, simmsy fussing over me, everyone I played with, Jim Nebb, shades wilkins, tommyg for some of the funniest banter I've heard in a while, my roomies, bergs for getting me shit hammered, nuffster for the golf stuff etc etc.

Thanks to all the easties, you blokes were awesome and it was great to meet you. I wish I could have played with all of you. Pro Homo. I hope you enjoyed the golf and our company.

Thanks to Catch 22 for an awesome username and representing SA. Sorry for forgetting your name but I was smoked on saturday night!

Thanks to the random stunner at Busso GC.

SO many more good memories.

Cheers boys and girl.

Apologies for everyone/thing I have forgotten. I regret nothing except that red piece of knitwear.

Definitely not Yoss.

xoxo

Fromy
28th October 2012, 11:13 PM
And thanks to Adlo for starting the first wanker champs and allowing us to have this awesome weekend!

dc68
28th October 2012, 11:30 PM
Fromy or Fromo?

Johnny Canuck
28th October 2012, 11:49 PM
No Fromo.

Thanks to everyone, I had an absolute blast.

The Easties are all solid blokes, No Rubin. Everyone was even more laid back and easier to get along with than they seem online.

Our yearly weekend away is always one of the high points of the year. This year was 100 times better, having the boys from the other side of the country to share it with.

Tons of highlights and memories for the weekend that will be recounted for years.

Tommyg, all fired up, is entertainment in its finest form. For those keeping track at home, his sage advice will tell you that women don't need to agree, they just need to be restrained. You have a way with words, Greek.

Hopefully, if NK makes it over next year, he makes it past 7:30pm, so that we can share a beer.

I am now in the good books because I gave my wife all my prize money.

idgolfguy
29th October 2012, 12:04 AM
Strippers? Cool!

Ashes
29th October 2012, 12:39 AM
Zeus is an ideas man. Sounds great!

Jarro
29th October 2012, 02:43 AM
Sounds like a great weekend was had by all :)

Well done to all who participated ... and particularly the organisers !

Webster
29th October 2012, 04:46 AM
Back in Melbourne, faaaark it's cold here!

Marto65
29th October 2012, 05:30 AM
Back in Melbourne, faaaark it's cold here!

Concrete pill anyone?

Veefore
29th October 2012, 07:56 AM
Shadsey........may I suggest a female stripper for 2013 champs on friday night to assist with numbers and to keep the lads entertained ?

FTFY.

Shadesy, I think Zeus means female strippers, NO TEABAGS.

sms316
29th October 2012, 09:58 AM
Had a chance to reflect on the weekend...

Highs
Meeting JC, Shadesy, Yoss, Simmsy, Zeus etc etc.
Playing some quality courses. Bunbury was a very pleasant surprise.
Playing on greens the way they are supposed to be. Fast and true.
The Nullabor Cup going east.
Beating a man (no homo) in an OZgolf matchplay.
The talent in Perth CBD.
IDG taking us out for lunch on Thursday.

Lows
That dirty dirty snake.
Jack's arse.
JC's arse.
Hay fever. Bloody horrible.

Just an awesome weekend.

Iain
29th October 2012, 10:10 AM
Sounds like a great weekend!!

Congrats Shadesy.

Ashes
29th October 2012, 10:11 AM
Thank you to all for a great weekend, I had an absolute blast.

Was great to see so many from the east fly across. You're a laid back and entertaining lot and certainly added to the atmosphere!

Big thank you to:
- Shadesy for all his efforts organising such a great event and everyone else that contributed as well.
- MegaWatty for generously shouting everyone pizza on Saturday night.
- Simmsy, Hocko and ID for letting me crash for the night. Great company and a fun experience sleeping in what felt like a kids cubby house!
- Rubin for the lift.
- My sponsor for the event, TourFit Golf. In retrospect, a performance based deal wasn't ever going to work in my favour... No complaints about my gear though and the new TourFit shaft in driver did pay dividends over the weekend.

Congratulations
- Shadesy and Jack for taking out the major prizes. From what I hear you both played some really impressive golf.
- All the NTP and LD winners. It was nice of JC to leave at least a couple for others to win...
- Cosmo on storming home to take out the NAGA.
- Lefty and Rubin for the angry man awards.

Apologies
- to my roomates for the decibel level over night. Thankfully your ears and the accommodation withstood the blast!
- to Marilyn Manson for stealing your look..
- to all my playing partners over the weekend for dragging you down. I'm starting to think I'm "The Cooler" of Ozgolf with the affect I'm seem to have on those I have a round with.

Highlights for me
- first big Ozgolf event for me and the whole thing was great fun.
- TommyG living up to his reputation for going hard - very entertaining.
- Hocko asking TF if he was wearing shorts or pants on Saturday night. Classic.
- Simmsy and Shadesy, Shadesy and Simmsy... :neutral: The lesson I took out of that is keep and eye on your gear, and don't crash early..
- Grabbing a birdie on the Kennedy Bay 12th after knocking my approach to about a foot (a very rare golfing feat for this hacker). I think I had wiped about 5 holes to that point (at one stage was 4pts from 5 holes) so it was nice to have a fleeting moment of good golf!

Thanks all. Can't wait for next year!

Ashes

Shadesy
29th October 2012, 10:36 AM
I'm Not short of a Word and I have several Posts to make, Including updating the Scores (I left the file in the other car, so hopefully get the scores some time today) and My own personal Highlights but want to keep this post to thanking a few people.

Whilst in charge of Organising, There were several bits and pieces over the Weekend that really helped me out, whether you knew it or not.

simmsy, apart from disrespecting Jim and cracking it over the prize thread ;-), you were my go to guy in terms of Picking up the Keys, Sorting out the NTP's on Friday, Collecting Cards, helping with the scores, getting to the courses early to sort things out answering any questions and fleecing me for 5 Dollars On the Saturday night and just generally helping out in general. You did more than you thought and it was a huge help.

Jeffo - for getting me Breakfast Every morning as I was running around trying to Organise stuff, Packing the car each day and generally helping me out personally getting to and from the Courses.

JC - As Above, although it was mostly your stuff we were packing.

Tourfit - For the NTP's, great idea and thanks for running that. IN case you didn't know, Fit spent $60 buying those Tape Measures, so next time you see him or get some work done, please chuck him $5-$10 extra. He did that off his own back and should'nt have to cover the costs himself.

Zues - Organising Food on Friday on Short notice saved my ass. Was a great choice and sorting the payment (which can be a sh!tfight) went smoothly.

Yoss - For helping with the Pizzas on Saturday night whilst Offending the Pizza delivery man at the same time and keeping the Place nice and tidy.

id - Driving the Van to Dinner on Friday, taking Catch22 and dc and SMS out for Dinner and Lunch and generally just being a great host all weekend. Hope that expense account doesn't get too high.

Megawatty - We missed you mate, but to feed everyone on Saturday night was fantastic and it was great to get everyone together in one place.

Marto - For Organising the YEasties most of the weekend.

Hocko, Jack, Ashes and probably a few others - offered to help at various stages and although I was pretty good, the Offers for help didnt go unappreciated.

Jim Nebb - Couldn't have done it without you Brother!!!

Thanks everyone, hope you enjoyed the weekend, and I can't believe I have to do this all again next year....

Shadesy
29th October 2012, 11:40 AM
So Many Highlights:

* My golf for most of the Weekend (back 9 at Busselton Exempted). Hit my Irons Solid all weekend. - First ever Sub par 9 (sorry dc) and A birdie to Finish to win was definitely satisfying.

* Bunbury Golf. Was one of the most enjoyable rounds of my life. Great 4 ball and watching JC and SMS go Toe to Toe. #6 Birdies was just awesome and that 50 foot chip, then the 39 Footer to half was the best thing I have ever seen live. My 25 footer for par and the win seemed to pale in comparison.

* The Boys from the East and Catch from SA. How easily they integrated into the Group, like we had been friends for life. Never complained ONCE about anything, and were very Appreciative - Special Mention to Catch22, for dancing Gangnam Style on the 16th yesterday after holing a putt. AWESOME.

* Bergsey, Yoss, Lefty, Golfnut, Marto, simmsy, dc, SMS and Canuck. Golf with you blokes anytime, anywhere.

* My Cabin. Last ones standing both nights, and the winner has come from Cabin 15 Again. Tommy G you are an Animal and a very funny man. So many good calls, Tim Tams, Yoss's Gay Special Needs Sweater, The Esky Lid... Just gold. Jeffo and JC Solid Efforts too. Cheers for the Special Beers guys.

* Yoss making me give $5 back to Simmsy.

* Jim Nebb.

* Cheers for the Bourbon Bergsey.

* Finally, I tried to get this out yesterday, but i would of broken Down (homo) and so would of JC, but it means a lot to have my name on the Gavin Simms Memorial Cup. I never met Gav, but hearing stories from simmsy, we would of got along great. If he was half the bloke simmsy is then he was a legend and it is an honour to have won the Cup.

Lowlights

* Paganoni Road
* The desecration of Jim Nebb

That is all.

Jeffo1123
29th October 2012, 12:14 PM
Paganoni road.. Classic!

Ashes
29th October 2012, 12:43 PM
Should Shadesy change his username to Shit-Break?

bergsey
29th October 2012, 02:59 PM
Thanks again everyone for a great weekend. Feeling the effects at work this morning, god only knows what it would have been like to wake up in Simmsy's body today (perhaps Yoss knows?.. pro homo) :)

Cheers Shadesy for the awesome organising, huge logistical effort herding that many cats in one direction. Well done on the win too, that last shot into 18 was pure!

Great stuff as well Simmsy, you would make an awesome missus for a lucky bloke one day.

Thanks to my playing partners, the five ball (minus two balls) team at Bunbury, catching up with NK, Grumpy and Camo at Binni, the pretty boy group of Lefty, Yoss and Shadesy at Busso and Idg and Catch-22 at Kennedy.

Most of all thanks to the yEasties, it was a mighty effort for you guys to get over here from some pretty out of the way locations.

Shadesy
29th October 2012, 05:31 PM
Final Results Guys.

Thanks to all those involved over the Weekend and hope to have you all back next year.

TourFit
29th October 2012, 05:41 PM
Well, after another round this morning hosting Marto, I am officially ROOTED!

Firstly, thanks to all the YEasties for coming across. A huge effort that is appreciated by all of us. It was great for us to finally put some faces to names and meet other forum members, and made for a truly memorable weekend (except for TommyG, who can't remember a f***in' thing!).

To Shadesy, you did it all mate. Organised it, kept it on track, terrorised the nightime festivities (that photo on Friday night will haunt me for a while!), got a bus for all of Canucks' stuff, then went ahead and WON. You sh*t it in mate (but sh*t it out on Paganoni Rd). You did Jim Nebb proud, but most of all you did the name of Gavin Simms proud. I think your speech at the end summed up well how much the GSM means to us WAnkers. I was lucky enough to have met and played with Gav and he would have fitted in perfectly this weekend.

Simmsy, I hope you had a great weekend mate. A big part of the reason we feel the way we do about the GSM is because of you being such a great bloke. We know how much it means to you to have Gavs' name on our trophy. Your help with the weekend did not go un-noticed...I heard the clucking from a fair way away! ;)

Mega. There in mind & spirit, but not in corporeal form. Thanks for the pizzas fwend. They went down really well...just like Rubin's sister.

As for me, I think I played pretty well. I was happy(ish) except for some brain farts around the greens. I thought going in I was no chance due to playing off a lower handicap than I have before, and not having the sharpness of game, or the handicap strokes to make up for the inevitable mistakes. This proved somewhat true. But Saturday at Busselton, I think I hit it better than I EVER have, especially off the tee. And still scored 33pts. I've played a LOT worse than that and still scored better. :roll: In hindsight, considering how I played I am disappoint not to have won. I am even more disappoint that that Sorocks prick beat me in a countback for 2nd!

Some highlights:

* The weekend started well when the comments were flying on the 1st tee (10th) at Bunbury, regarding the appearance of Weird Al Golliwog.

* A comment from sms316 regarding the WAnkers: "Nah, you're all pretty good blokes. There's only one guy who's a c**t, but I'll let you start a thread to decide who it'll be." GOLD!

* Marto's comment to hocko as he walked from the tee at Busso "Maybe you should get a prosthetic arse!".

* Jack, after hitting another pure shot at KB "There you go, did that give you a chubby Nuffie?"

* Shadesys' weird sense of true friendship. 'I think I'll go and take some photos of my genitals draped over Simmsy while he sleeps. And then send them to him so that the first thing he sees when he wakes up and checks his phone is...' So lucky that Simmsy wasn't asleep on his back at the time!

* I was flattered that Marto told me that there was no reason for me not to be able to play off a 3 or 4, that I had the ability, and then double hit a chip literally 10 seconds after that. Go me!

* Watching Jack play was an experience. Flusher. He does it so easily and with absolutely no effort or fuss. He makes most of us look like hacks. Bastard!

* NK demolishing TommyG and 12 cans of JW/Coke at the same time!

* Cosmos' reaction when told of Shadesys text to Simmsy at the retaurant. Well, she DID ask Simmsy to see the pic. (She just thought it would be his arse, or part of it. Au contrare.)

* Shortest stay in the the worst topless bar. EVER. (although dc stayed and tried to get lucky)

* TommyG and his philosophy on the treatment of women

* Jack giving Nuffie a cuddle and arse pinch as they left the 1st tee at KB...he called him his "cute little friend" at one point. Nuff maintained the chubby all day without ANY little blue pills. He just had to watch Jack's pills.

* The signed Yeasties shirt to the losing captain, worn by two of the members of the losing side.

* The idiosyncracies of Planet Nuffie...population 1.

* Hearing about Zeus' adventure in an Evo X. Nuff just giggled like a girl, Golfnut loved it. And Vic nearly left handprints in his own dashboard and ripped off his own Jesus rail.

* Leftys' right handed 7 iron to 8ft at Binningup 6th. Best shot he hit all weekend. (Lefty, TourFit irons come in right hand only. Think about it at least. Sorry Shaun)

* Hearing how Cosmo, making a run for the NAGA on Sunday, hit her ball with driver toe in her practice swing! Doing the shirt proud.

Lowlights:

* Canucks' digestion problems (?) on Friday night. WTF? Something definately crawled up his ass and died

* Shanking a 6 iron from the 2nd tee into the lake at Binninup. The double skip almost got it over onto the opposite bank.

* Shadesy's portrait. All of him!

* Drivers down south! Just avoided a major bingle pulling out of the servo near the accomodation. Was doing 60-70, when some jerk decided to turn right coming from the other direction, when he couldn't see oncoming traffic due to a car turning right in my direction! Missed it by about 8" and had the ABS going haywire. Swerved into the turning lane and had to swerve back before I hit a ditch on the other side. (I couldn't have THAT happen again.) Never would have happened in an Evo.

catch22
29th October 2012, 07:31 PM
Thanks to everyone for such a fun weekend (except for the bushes at KB)

Big big thanks to veeman/veefore for giving me a lift, being such gracious hosts and showing me around (and for the v1 video lessons!). You guys are awesome, just a pity we didnt get to play together!

Thanks to shadesy (and simmsy) for organising such a great event and keeping everyone happy. Great job and the courses were a pleasure to play.

Thanks to my playing partners -
Tourfit - thanks for the advice on the putter - will get it done next time in adelaide),
Zeus - long putt master once he warmed up
Marto - my Gangnam apprentice - keep practicing and someday you will become the master!
ID - thanks mate for willing to give some good advice to a hacker (my provisional I was actually trying to aim for the middle!), and for being super generous and great company.
Bergsey - top swing when on song, bushbasher like me when not!

Was great to meet all the WAnkers as well as the Yeasties! All top blokes and no random internet serial killers (or was that SA?)!

tommyg - best (and funnest) drunk
DC/sms - Top blokes like a bit of a laugh - about as good at GNS as I am at golf though.
nuffie - was good talking mate!
cam - I owe you 1 shot!
lefty - great sport and good fashion sense!
ashes - wont be on 22 for long!
canuck/jack/sms/fit/shadesy - great golfers and I saw some massive drives!
everyone else i missed - was great meeting you all!

rubin
29th October 2012, 08:14 PM
Same as what all the boys have said - great effort shades. Well organised and went off without a hitch. A very well deserved win too.

Thanks as well to OMS who has put the effort in every time i've been to a champs to make sure everyones having a laugh and a good time.

All the boys i got to have a hit with, thanks for the company. With the exception of when i had to play a shot, it was a very very enjoyable weekend.

Special mention to Lefty - came off the naga in style yesterday mate, especially with us muppets in tow.

SMS - im seriously questioning whether ur now the ozgolf homo after the amount of times u grabbed my ass. I know its tough mate, but 10 times was enough.

DC - let his grass get cut with a smile on his face. Rumour has it there was a late night rendezvous last night though.....

IDG - as usual, an absolute pleasure to play a round of golf with u mate.

Jaybam - u were there in spirit on KB 6. The dark side was strong with that one (no f***ing homo).

JC - talking up the LD yeaterday, only to put his drive off the 5th onto the 8th fairway.

Was great to meet all the boys from over east and catch up with the lads from WAnkerland. The minor champs in QLD are on in the coming years i think.

dc68
29th October 2012, 09:01 PM
Home now... Awesome weekend.

Thanks again to all involved, I'll be back next year for sure.

sms316
29th October 2012, 09:06 PM
Good inflight entertainment on the way back too. I thought that the Mile High Club was going to get a couple of new members.

TR66
29th October 2012, 09:20 PM
Sounds like a great weekend had by all and sundry. Well done to all involved.
Just checking if any of you guys picked up a lotto ticket at Crosslands news in Bunbury four mill better off.

dc68
29th October 2012, 09:24 PM
Good inflight entertainment on the way back too. I thought that the Mile High Club was going to get a couple of new members.

Please qualify that with a No Homo. It was the love birds in front who couldn't stop swapping spit.

Ashes
29th October 2012, 11:41 PM
Two golfing highlights I forgot to mention:

- NK's putting with the wedge; the coolest thing, could watch it all day.
- Hocko's drive on the 4th; genuine 310m down the middle. Awesome.

Johnny Canuck
29th October 2012, 11:53 PM
Hocko drive on the 15th. Genuine 10m, down the left.

TourFit
29th October 2012, 11:55 PM
How much of that was carry distance?

Ashes
30th October 2012, 12:03 AM
How much of that was carry distance?

An inch or two maybe :)

simmsy
30th October 2012, 12:11 AM
well im still tired but just want to say congrats to Shades on the win, also Jack for beating JC into Best Gross.

Canuck, awesome back 9 on the sunday mate would of been great to watch and fit it's amazing the golf you can play with the amount of talking you do. if only you could talk and work as good as you talk and golf. great effort by yourself considering you are at a low hc for yourself and also the fact you severed your finger on thursday arvo.

thanks to Jack and Lefty for kicking our arse around Bunbury on friday on what i think is the best greens i have ever played on. Big cheers to Hocko, sorry i struggled so much mate.
cheers to satdy partners, JC, Jack and DC, glad i got to show you all how to play out of a bunker.
and sunday's group golfnut, Marto and THE CHAMP. thanks to you all. Marto you are the most boring driver of the ball i have seen. i will speak of your drive on 9 for years.

and finally well done to Lipton for the way he bought it home on sunday, that shot on 18 when you knew you were going to be close to the win was brilliant and brave. to stick a 7i to 2' when it counts is brilliant. well done on not just the weekend but also all the work for the past few months.

thanks to all for playing for the Gavin Simms Memorial (thank you to Hocko and JC) huge ups to the easties, Tommy you are the funniest bugga i know thanks for all the laughs you provide. 'nut thanks for providing my alcohol and food for the weekend.

already hyped for next year.

cheers all.

simmsy..

TourFit
30th October 2012, 12:15 AM
'nut thanks for providing my alcohol and food for the weekend.

He bought it all on special...did you check the use by dates? :lol:

simmsy
30th October 2012, 12:21 AM
that would explain my crap on saturday morning!

Ashes
30th October 2012, 12:24 AM

Paganoni Rd?

TourFit
30th October 2012, 12:25 AM

Thought you just emptied the bag

simmsy
30th October 2012, 12:26 AM
onto the floor then you picked it up and ate it.

Johnny Canuck
30th October 2012, 12:32 AM
great comeback to a solid sledge.

TourFit
30th October 2012, 12:34 AM
You certainly got your intestines in a knot over that one, didn't you? It was still a damn site better than eating my mother in law's cooking!

And in true Golfnut spirit...it was $8 :shock:

simmsy
30th October 2012, 01:04 AM
Justify it anyway u want fit. U ate food that had spread across a high traffic area that wouldn't get cleaned more than a rough vacuuming every so often.

It was a beautiful Homer Simpson moment.

TourFit
30th October 2012, 01:13 AM
A calculated risk...

Less dangerous to your health than the possibility of the lasting effects of tyre smoke inhalation or even driving down there in the first place.

MegaWatty
30th October 2012, 01:29 AM
Wtf? Fit ate what off the floor?

MegaWatty
30th October 2012, 01:29 AM
Dare?

Marto65
30th October 2012, 01:35 AM
Sitting at the airport in tears of laughter and getting strange looks.....

MegaWatty
30th October 2012, 01:40 AM
Good end to a great weekend mate?

Marto65
30th October 2012, 01:52 AM
Sensational weekend.

Now that my team has all got themselves home, I can go home.

Mission accomplished. The Nullabor Cup is ours and none of us were the Naga. Thank god solarman wasn't here.

You guys are more spoilt for great golf courses than you know. Bunbury was pure. Courses like that inspire good golf. Bussos greens were SO good. And KB is a great links style course.

I'll pay for the extra day tomorrow.... Got a few orders to get out.

We will work on some more guys coming over. Just don't make next years trip on my wife's birthday or I am no chance.

And simmsy... Yes, I did get half a Nuffie over that drive on 9. But I had to clean myself up after the 4 iron. That was the best shot I hit all week. Probably explains the three putt.

Lastly, thanks Fit for going the extra and getting me on Mt Lawley today. What a great layout.

Cheers.

Cheers guys.

Johnny Canuck
30th October 2012, 02:05 AM
I hope Fit treated you to a nice meal at Lawley. They have one of the cleanest pro shop floors around.

Marto65
30th October 2012, 02:10 AM
I hope Fit treated you to a nice meal at Lawley. They have one of the cleanest pro shop floors around.

Leave him alone. I had to show him how to play his own course today.

TourFit
30th October 2012, 09:27 AM

BOOM!

Ferrins
31st October 2012, 09:03 AM
4,332.7 km at an average speed of say 80klms only 55hrs.

Nuffie
2nd November 2012, 04:42 PM
This has been a few days coming but works been pretty busy so haven't been able to get on here. I want to thank Shadesy for organising the WA Champs and for making it a great experience for us WAnkers and most particularly for the ozgolfers from over east. You did a sublime job and everyone was happy with the arrangements from what I could gather. This was definitely our best WA Champs ever...

Congrats also on winning the Gavin Simms Memorial Cup and playing so well for both days, particularly on the Sunday at KB. To break the cap off the blacks and finish with a birdie on the last sure deserves a mention. This guy is going to get that cap down soon and hits a solid ball. he also goes alright on the grog too, making a great speech even after 63 holes and minimal sleep on both nights. Let's not touch on the pony-riding antics that happened on Sat night/sun morn... never found out who the jockey was or the pony... maybe we should leave it there.

I also want to congratulate the easties on winning the inaugural Nullabor Cup on the Friday. Too bad I wasn't there to be part of the action but maybe next time I'll be able to get a day off and possibly be subbed in (form pending). 6 birdies by Sms316 and the two birdies to halve on a hole (long putt by SMS and a chippinski by JC) would have been awesome to witness.

Marto, it was fun meeting you, sharing the room and hanging out on fri and sat night. I couldn't believe that you knew a pro from my old club and that you've spent some time in Sydney playing golf in my old area. We actually have a few things in common...

TourFit, it was fun to catch up again, share the room and play at KB on Sunday. Thankfully you kept reminding me of what was happening downstairs each time Jack flushed a shot. I didn't want anyone else outside of our threesome to know. But it was worth every second of it...

Tommyg, you were up to your usual rockstar antics and drunken chaos during putt putt. To think that last years effort was memorable enough, this year went one better. I also enjoyed the Sun hit we had and there were shades of last years brilliance in there. Hopefully I helped you get around the course ok - by showing you all the places not to end up in next time :)

Bergsey you are a trooper. How do you manage to maintain these good looks given the # of years under the belt? It must be something in the grog you drink... maybe it's time I switch to bourbon?

JC, you were up to your usual tricks but no one prepared us for the gas attack we encountered in that cabin. It got me thinking, what NIOSH method would I use to sample the air in that confined space and would it be safe for occupation? I suspect not... thanks to some 'Dickie Knee' that had something crawl up under his wig (seeing Dickie Knee has no a$$) and die...

Sms316, it was great having a hit with you on Sat at Busso. I tried my best to hang in there and keep up with you, but too bad it only lasted the first 2 holes. You hit some great shots out there that day. The birdie on the 5th I remember and the two shots you hit down the first were phenomenal for an easy birdie.

Catch22, it was nice meeting you and seemed like you really enjoy your golf. Hitting a driver over trees off the deck is impressive. I heard about you little 'Gangnan Style' dance on the last day with the sunnies on AND I couldn't believe you were actually Korean, lol!

Veeman and Veefore, it's always a pleasure to catch up and hear about what's happening in my 'fomer' hunting ground. Veeman I'll prob see ya when you take on JC again in the matchplay.

Yoss, you are getting smarter and wittier each time I see you. If I ever need legal advice one day, you're on my list as the go to man.

Idgg and zeus, ZEUS. All I can say is wow. My golf for the weekend may have been poor, but the experience I had in that kick a$$ car will never be forgotten.

Golfnut its always good to see ya. We need to catch up and get onto Cottesloe this summer if that friend of yours can line something up and we actually get a day off work at the same time, here's hoping.

Jack, well you deserve the last mention. The sound that ball makes when you strike it makes my 14th club want to get a piece of the action. I had a certain song in my head as we were going down the 13th, and you nutted that 3w through the green from about 240m away and TourFit would remember what that song was called. Jack's swing is so effortless and consistent. It just made me want to jizz all day...

For those of you I haven't mentioned, thanks for making this WA Champs a memorable time.

With a bit of luck, hopefully my golfing form can return in time for next season.

idgolfguy
2nd November 2012, 06:24 PM
Nice post Nuffie. Sums it up well.

Playing tomorrow?

Nuffie
2nd November 2012, 10:28 PM
Nice post Nuffie. Sums it up well.Playing tomorrow? Not tomorrow or else I'll be in the doghouse. But playing Ellenbrook on sun at 10.36 with Rubin.

idgolfguy
2nd November 2012, 10:37 PM
Taking the family to the medieval festival in York on Sunday

Zeusgolf
2nd November 2012, 11:30 PM
Taking the family to the medieval festival in York on Sunday

See you there

idgolfguy
3rd November 2012, 07:37 AM
See you there
Cool! Will introduce the kids - they have grown.

Pieface
3rd November 2012, 10:41 AM
See you there

The Puerto Rican Knight?

TourFit
3rd November 2012, 04:59 PM
Puerto Ricans can't be knights!

Yossarian
4th November 2012, 10:43 PM
Thanks everyone for an awesome weekend, was a serious blast and while I am pretty rooted right now I would love to keep it going another week.

Thanks to shades for organising you did an awesome job. Thanks to everyone else that helped, fit doing the ntps, simmsy fussing over me, everyone I played with, Jim Nebb, shades wilkins, tommyg for some of the funniest banter I've heard in a while, my roomies, bergs for getting me shit hammered, nuffster for the golf stuff etc etc.

Thanks to all the easties, you blokes were awesome and it was great to meet you. I wish I could have played with all of you. Pro Homo. I hope you enjoyed the golf and our company.

Thanks to Catch 22 for an awesome username and representing SA. Sorry for forgetting your name but I was smoked on saturday night!

Thanks to the random stunner at Busso GC.

SO many more good memories.

Cheers boys and girl.

Apologies for everyone/thing I have forgotten. I regret nothing except that red piece of knitwear.

Definitely not Yoss.

xoxo

And thanks to Adlo for starting the first wanker champs and allowing us to have this awesome weekend!

Well said Fromy.

simmsy
4th November 2012, 11:26 PM
YOSS!!!
We love you Yoss.

Yossarian
8th November 2012, 08:36 PM
Was DC lucky not to be in the shirt?

Ashes
8th November 2012, 08:37 PM
Very.

dc68
8th November 2012, 10:01 PM

Any chance you can get another ban?

Webster
8th November 2012, 10:03 PM

Were you eager to lift it?

Marto65
9th November 2012, 04:54 AM

This guy?

TourFit
9th November 2012, 09:40 AM
I played at Busso today and reports were that you were a pack of scumbags carrying on like five year olds.

It is the WAnker way.

Job Done!

Cosmopolite
9th November 2012, 11:20 AM
I played at Busso today and reports were that you were a pack of scumbags carrying on like five year olds. The did mention that the bloke that looked like Grissam hit it pretty pure.

dont forget yeasties were there too!