PDA

View Full Version : Gavin Simms Memorial Cup 2012 - The Real OzGolf Champs

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

rubin
15th October 2012, 01:38 PM
i am now in doubt for this weekend.

Sustained some pretty deep cuts to my left hand over the weekend due to a right dickhead not looking before reversing out of his driveway at about 100km/h (not to mention leg, hip and arm). Currently, I would not be able to hold a club let alone swing it.

Will see how quickly it heals up - but im gonna be pissed if i cant play.

Ashes
15th October 2012, 01:44 PM
Sorry to hear it Rubes, that sucks. Hope you bounce back quickly mate!

Johnny Canuck
15th October 2012, 01:47 PM
You'll pull through Rubes. Heal quick.

Shadesy
15th October 2012, 01:52 PM
Rubes Your killing me here.

Hope you harden...err I mean Rest and heal up in time mate.

Yossarian
15th October 2012, 01:56 PM
You got hit by a car??

sms316
15th October 2012, 01:57 PM
Will this hand injury affect your ability to spoon?

dc68
15th October 2012, 02:17 PM
Will it affect your ability to remain strong in the doggy?

idgolfguy
15th October 2012, 03:11 PM
You got hit by a car??
You sound like you're making it less serious than it actually is.

Any broken bones?

simmsy
15th October 2012, 03:21 PM
This excuse is useless without photos and a written permission slip from ur mum.

Shadesy
15th October 2012, 03:21 PM
Stuches?

simmsy
15th October 2012, 03:31 PM
Hope u still make it rubes, due to the lateness of your withdrawl.....
I think u would understand that u maybe down some dollars unless u can make it or find a replacement.

hocko
15th October 2012, 03:36 PM
Come down anyway regardless of whether you play or not.
Still plenty of fun to be had.

Johnny Canuck
15th October 2012, 03:41 PM
Come down anyway regardless of whether you play or not.Still plenty of fun to be had. Put on a name tag that says "Scott Jager" and Hocko will win 9&8.

rubin
15th October 2012, 03:50 PM
You got hit by a car??

not hit - the bloke clipped my back wheel as he was racing in reverse out of his driveway

You sound like you're making it less serious than it actually is.

Any broken bones?

nah, no broken bones. Shit happens, and it could have been worse. I just have a massive chunk missing from the palm of my hand. its not that bad, and may heal up enough.

Hope u still make it rubes, due to the lateness of your withdrawl.....
I think u would understand that u maybe down some dollars unless u can make it or find a replacement.

yeah, thats fine. I'm not 100% withdrawing anyway, its a possibility. I'll still be down for saturday night i reckon anyway. Might do a Jager as well, although i don't think i could help Hocko with his putting skills.

MegaWatty
15th October 2012, 03:55 PM
I know all about pushbike injuries.

hocko
15th October 2012, 03:57 PM
not hit - the bloke clipped my back wheel as he was racing in reverse out of his driveway

nah, no broken bones. Shit happens, and it could have been worse. I just have a massive chunk missing from the palm of my hand. its not that bad, and may heal up enough.

yeah, thats fine. I'm not 100% withdrawing anyway, its a possibility. I'll still be down for saturday night i reckon anyway. Might do a Jager as well, although i don't think i could help Hocko with his putting skills.
I would be honored!
But you are right, you probably can't help with my putting as i am already better than you! ;)

simmsy
15th October 2012, 04:08 PM
Well worth still coming down for the weekend for the drink mate.

U can be the standby QuenchWench when cosmo is unavailable due to having dinner with Fit.

TourFit
15th October 2012, 04:23 PM
Say what...?

I thought I was having dinner with IDGG. I responded to liking the idea of going out to a real restaurant!

Rubin, I hope you are OK and that you heal real quick.

(Yoss's ass is praying for it to be so)

tommyg
15th October 2012, 08:35 PM
Rubins odds just came down a heap i reckon... he'll be gripping the clubs less tightly and not trying belt the bejeesus out of it. He might actually see a fairway.

But seriously... hope youre right to play mate. Padding and gauze in your glove should do the trick

Shadesy
16th October 2012, 05:37 PM
Please see Info about Busso Golf Club Below. I am waiting to hear about NTP's but at this stage, we may have to change the prize allocation Slightly.

Thanks Shadesy,
Will input all the info & look forward to seeing you on Saturday 27th October. If you can could you please let all the players know to have their golflink card with them on the day.
As it is within our Club day it may be a bit difficult to have NTP as the club will have their own running on the day, but I will speak to the Captain and see what is ok.

Johnny Canuck
16th October 2012, 05:42 PM
We'll manage NTPs.

rubin
16th October 2012, 06:18 PM
We'll manage NTPs.

surely each group could just have a tape measure with them if need be.

TourFit
16th October 2012, 06:24 PM
We'll manage NTPs.

Won't that be difficult because we're off split tees? If we were one large grouping at the rear of the field (no homo), then Group1 could put them out and last group could pick em up. But that ain't gonna happen.

It could be a good bit of suspense on Sat evening & Sunday arvo to get each group, in order of tee off and passing through the hole, to read aloud their closest distance. One player each group has a tape measure & records it on a piece of paper. The 4 x Par 3's read out in order, by group order.

Could be like the 'old style' Brownlow count, PLENTY of alcohol, without the glamour & dresses, and a lot more Fev's :lol:

Johnny Canuck
16th October 2012, 06:34 PM
surely each group could just have a tape measure with them if need be. We are altogether in our groups. Will be easy. The 1st group of the 4 groups on the front 9 puts a tee or a marker for the ntp. Groups 2&3 continue and 4 records the closest distance, hopefully tape measured and can record it and leave something off to the side of the green or text the total to the first group of the back 9 groups, who can replace our marker. The back 9 groups do the same thing. Ideally, with 4 tape measures, one each for the first groups, one each for the last, we can have exact distances. It shouldn't be an issue having an extra marker on the green or moreso off to the side. I have seen this plenty of times.

Johnny Canuck
16th October 2012, 06:36 PM
Fit's idea sounds fun, although I don't know about Rubes and Yoss in their Brownlow dresses.

Golfnut
16th October 2012, 07:12 PM
They're definition of Brown-low is very different to the norm.

Shadesy
16th October 2012, 07:13 PM
Awesome Idea Fit.

We just need 7 tape measures.

simmsy
16th October 2012, 07:21 PM
About $1 each from bunnings. Post ur distance on ozgolf for the group behind to read.

Johnny Canuck
16th October 2012, 07:35 PM
I have one for my groups.

sms316
16th October 2012, 07:43 PM
I have one for my groups. Measuring in multiples of six inches?

Marto65
16th October 2012, 09:19 PM
Measuring in multiples of two inches?

Fixed.

Shadesy
16th October 2012, 09:59 PM
Is anyone else ridiculously excited 10 days out?

Ashes
16th October 2012, 10:35 PM
Is something big happening in 10 days?

hocko
16th October 2012, 10:47 PM
Is something big happening in 10 days?
Haha, i love Ozgolf virgins!

Ashes
16th October 2012, 10:57 PM
Should I be excited or concerned?

jaybam
16th October 2012, 11:04 PM
Seriously who cares. Its only a second rate version of the real champs.

simmsy
16th October 2012, 11:46 PM
Nice..

hocko
16th October 2012, 11:47 PM
Should I be excited or concerned?
be very, very afraid :)

TourFit
17th October 2012, 12:35 AM
Post ur distance on ozgolf for the group behind to read.

Boo-urns.....

May I suggest holding out until presentation at the end, then read the distances out group by group. Will be awesome fun with all present.

We can also have a choppers prize - if NO ONE in the group hits the green at all (ie: no recorded distance) then they each put $$$ (a fiver perhaps?) into a jar which will go toward the 'Lifeline Fund' at the end of Champs.

Then we can post the results as we go. OzGolf Live Scoring!!!

Shadesy
17th October 2012, 12:39 AM
Seriously who cares. Its only a second rate version of the real champs.

Not according to the title. ;-)

Ashes
17th October 2012, 12:40 AM
Boo-urns.....

May I suggest holding out until presentation at the end, then read the distances out group by group. Will be awesome fun with all present.

We can also have a choppers prize - if NO ONE in the group hits the green at all (ie: no recorded distance) then they each put $$$ (a fiver perhaps?) into a jar which will go toward the 'Lifeline Fund' at the end of Champs.

Doing it at the end has my vote (for what it's worth). Would be amusing to throw in an estimate for those that miss too:

Golfnut - 2.6m
Nudgee - 3.2m
Veefore - 4.4m
Ashes - 82m

TourFit
17th October 2012, 12:41 AM
As long as someone hits the green your fiver will be safe. Your par might not be though!

(Nice shot Golfnut)

LeftyHoges
17th October 2012, 12:43 AM
Doing it at the end has my vote (for what it's worth). Would be amusing to throw in an estimate for those that miss too:

Golfnut - 2.6m
Nudgee - 3.2m
Veefore - 4.4m
Ashes - 82m

I'd take any of those first three shots and by the middle of Sundays round I could be happy with yours too, Ashes!

TourFit
17th October 2012, 12:51 AM
If no-one has an objection, I'll take the responsibility of doing the NTP's for the Sat/Sun rounds. I'll print out a card for each group with the holes numbered etc. I will also get the tape measures and hand them out to one player per group to record as well (Bunnings is across the road!). I'll organise collecting them at the end of the round, put them in order and do the NTP snippet of the presentation at the end of the day.

What say you?

The tape measures will also come in handy for all the "my dick is bigger than yours..." type bull**** that will no doubt happen over the weekend (except for Cosmo, who may have to steal Yoss's silicone spare). They will be used in case of a play-off (no homo)

simmsy
17th October 2012, 01:06 AM
Sounds good to me.

Anyone but jc doing the results is a good bet.

tommyg
17th October 2012, 01:28 AM
Will we be able to do long drive?

Johnny Canuck
17th October 2012, 02:15 AM
Seriously who cares. Its only a second rate version of the real champs. I thought we covered questions ending with question marks. *it's. Welcome to the thread. Lots of good reading in here.

Yossarian
17th October 2012, 09:31 AM
Seriously who cares. Its only a second rate version of the real champs. Cool story hansel.

Ashes
17th October 2012, 09:45 AM
Will we be able to do long drive?

I hope so. I need to win some drinking money!

tommyg
17th October 2012, 10:06 AM

With your 3 wood off the deck? Dreamin.

Shadesy
17th October 2012, 10:30 AM

Not with a 3 wood you won't.

Go for it Fit, thanks for the contribution.

Ashes
17th October 2012, 10:45 AM
Haha. Driver will make an appearance on the LD holes, don't worry bout that! I still vote for making it on the 1st at Busso - make me get it out straight up!

TourFit
17th October 2012, 11:24 AM
Haha....make me get it out straight up!

That's the spirit of the Champs, right there!

Shadesy also follows that principle

sms316
17th October 2012, 01:49 PM
I just checked out the forecast for Bunbury over the next week. Any chance of some warm weather? I don't like the idea of packing trousers.

idgolfguy
17th October 2012, 02:17 PM
Lingerie still works!

sms316
17th October 2012, 02:26 PM
Lingerie still works!Do you think I could borrow some of Lubin's?

simmsy
17th October 2012, 05:56 PM
Mate if we get away with no rain it will be a good weekend weather wise.

Shadesy
17th October 2012, 06:44 PM
Mate if we get away with no rain it will be a good weekend weather wise.

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/long-range-forecast/28-day-rain/wa/southwest

L (http://www.weatherzone.com.au/long-range-forecast/28-day-rain/wa/southwest)ooks pretty Good - I look Forward to Dick letting us know though. He's the expert!!

bergsey
18th October 2012, 12:32 AM
I wonder if we will see a repeat of ol' leadfoot simmsy this weekend... just whatever you do don't have Zeus in the car he'll be no help!

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/16306-2010-OzGolf-Sandgroper-Championship-EOI-and-info-thread.?p=463818&viewfull=1#post463818

Yossarian
18th October 2012, 12:34 AM
Gold bergsey! I remember a few high speed corners with your good self around eagle bay...

bergsey
18th October 2012, 12:35 AM
Gold bergsey! I remember a few high speed corners with your good self around eagle bay...

Did i drive you somewhere did i ??? :)

bergsey
18th October 2012, 12:49 AM
Good to see Yoss helping out and getting Simmsy prepared for Champs...

Ashes
18th October 2012, 01:12 AM
Classic.

LeftyHoges
18th October 2012, 11:09 AM
This time next week Jack and I should be hitting the outskirts of Melbourne, looking for the nearest bar and TAB. Now I'm officially excited.

sms316
18th October 2012, 11:12 AM
This time next week the spicy tikka masala from the night before should be just about kicking in mid-flight.

LeftyHoges
18th October 2012, 11:13 AM
Just looking at the groupings, by shit there'll be some good golf in group 2 on Saturday. Would be good just to watch that.

LeftyHoges
18th October 2012, 11:14 AM
This time next week the spicy tikka masala from the night before should be just about kicking in mid-flight.

I was about to say poor dc, but I'll have to correct that to poor other passengers within a 3 row radius.

Ashes
18th October 2012, 11:32 AM
Just looking at the groupings, by shit there'll be some good golf in group 2 on Saturday. Would be good just to watch that.

Indeed. Hopefully being stuck behind a 22 hacker attempting to fell as much timber as possible won't put them of their games..

Yossarian
18th October 2012, 11:40 AM
Did i drive you somewhere did i ??? :)

:lol:

simmsy
18th October 2012, 12:03 PM

Yep I'm looking fwd to the show. Might not even take my clubs on the sat. Just watch with delight.

simmsy
18th October 2012, 12:04 PM
I'm hopeful of performing some sort of Bradbury.

Johnny Canuck
18th October 2012, 12:20 PM
Yep I'm looking fwd to the show. Might not even take my clubs on the sat. Just watch with delight. Simmsy has already stated that he won't be playing skins. Yes homo.That is a dream match for a skins game for a guy that gets shots. Swoop in on a big carryover and take all the bacon.

LeftyHoges
18th October 2012, 01:10 PM
Simmsy has already stated that he won't be playing skins. Yes homo.That is a dream match for a skins game for a guy that gets shots. Swoop in on a big carryover and take all the bacon.

Damn straight. There's nothing worse than halving units for 6 or 7 holes with pars and birdies and then watching an 20 marker waltz in and take them all with a 20 foot par putt on the hole he gets two shots on. :evil:

Golfnut
18th October 2012, 01:13 PM
That's the only way I get any $$$'s. ;)

Johnny Canuck
18th October 2012, 01:18 PM
Damn straight. There's nothing worse than halving units for 6 or 7 holes with pars and birdies and then watching an 20 marker waltz in and take them all with a 20 foot par putt on the hole he gets two shots on. :evil: That's why all skins matches are 3/4 handicaps. Cuts down on the two stroke holes.

Yossarian
18th October 2012, 01:25 PM
That's the only way I get any $$$'s. ;)

Performing trick shots into tee box signs?

Golfnut
18th October 2012, 02:24 PM
Performing trick shots into tee box signs? Woke the neighbours up 10 blocks away.

simmsy
18th October 2012, 03:36 PM
Simmsy has already stated that he won't be playing skins. Yes homo.That is a dream match for a skins game for a guy that gets shots. Swoop in on a big carryover and take all the bacon.

Except the jc rules committee had already come in and stated cant swoop a pot if u don't compete in the carry overs.
Once again it's Canuck rules and its pretty boring. I'm happy just to play some golf. Think of the money you will save if I'm not in the skins JC.

Johnny Canuck
18th October 2012, 03:45 PM
Except the jc rules committee had already come in and stated cant swoop a pot if u don't compete in the carry overs. Once again it's Canuck rules and its pretty boring. I'm happy just to play some golf. Think of the money you will save if I'm not in the skins JC.That was when you said you didn't want to play 3/4 and you said that you agreed that you shouldn't be able to win holes you didn't carry over. Grow some nut!

simmsy
18th October 2012, 03:54 PM
Stop changing the rules and it will all be sweet. I offered u a bet and u chucked the sads.

Put it this way, I'll give u $20 at the start of the day and u divvy it up at the end. I really don't care jc.

Shadesy
18th October 2012, 04:07 PM
Whats Group Sexy - and Lefty doing?

Skins, Teams?

Johnny Canuck
18th October 2012, 04:11 PM
I didn't change any rules. You said you didn't want to play 3/4 skins in this group, correct?

I then suggested full caps with you needing to be a part of the carryover to win, which you said was fine as you didn't agree with carryovers.

You also suggested $5,$5&$5 all weekend, which I also said was fine.

Let me know what you want, I am happy all ways.

sms316
18th October 2012, 04:12 PM
What is the go with the skins? Everyone in? Or several groups?

hocko
18th October 2012, 04:19 PM
Decide between your own groups i reckon'.
Do you want me to take your money?

sms316
18th October 2012, 04:24 PM
Decide between your own groups i reckon'.
Do you want me to take your money?
You might be a chance since there isn't an 18th hole.

We could get a scratch skins group going?

Johnny Canuck
18th October 2012, 04:27 PM
Blind skins, settled at the end?

sms316
18th October 2012, 04:29 PM
Blind skins, settled at the end?
Stubby-a-hole skins?

simmsy
18th October 2012, 04:30 PM
I didn't change any rules. You said you didn't want to play 3/4 skins in this group, correct?

I then suggested full caps with you needing to be a part of the carryover to win, which you said was fine as you didn't agree with carryovers.

You also suggested $5,$5&$5 all weekend, which I also said was fine.

Let me know what you want, I am happy all ways.

Youre only happy if its your rules john. Ask anyone.

Like i said ill give u $20 at the start and you smoke it if u wish, actually, lets make it $22 it will sit better for you. Dont care mate. I made a comment a cpl of weeks ago to you and you got your nose out joint. It loses its appeal when you get on your rants mate.

Really, im just trying to enjoy a weekend of golf with a group of guys that we dont get to have a hit with all that often. Im happy to bet, ive been betting since i was a little kid, but u have the ability to take the fun out of the game sometimes jc.

Jarro
18th October 2012, 04:32 PM
Can't just play for bragging rights 'eh ?

Johnny Canuck
18th October 2012, 04:52 PM
Youre only happy if its your rules john. Ask anyone. Like i said ill give u $20 at the start and you smoke it if u wish, actually, lets make it $22 it will sit better for you. Dont care mate. I made a comment a cpl of weeks ago to you and you got your nose out joint. It loses its appeal when you get on your rants mate. Really, im just trying to enjoy a weekend of golf with a group of guys that we dont get to have a hit with all that often. Im happy to bet, ive been betting since i was a little kid, but u have the ability to take the fun out of the game sometimes jc.

simmsy, this is what you said: "I'm happy with the carry over point JC. I actually hate that part."

And then a few days later:

" JC after today I realised that I really do suck at golf big time. Count me out for skins on the sat at Busso. But I will play you 5/5/5 over both rounds if u wish. "

At which point Shades and I called you ghey and then I accepted the bet.

Shadesy went at you a little more, stated he was playing skins and asked you if you needed your rectum licked. I said nothing more on the subject.

What has occurred since this conversation that prompted today's post?

I feel like I am owed an apology. I can send you the conversation if you wish.

LeftyHoges
18th October 2012, 05:10 PM
Whats Group Sexy - and Lefty doing?

Ouch. Changing groups if that's the way I'm gonna be treated. :-(

I'm happy to play whatever the locals / yokels play.

simmsy
18th October 2012, 05:15 PM
simmsy, this is what you said: "I'm happy with the carry over point JC. I actually hate that part."

And then a few days later:

" JC after today I realised that I really do suck at golf big time. Count me out for skins on the sat at Busso. But I will play you 5/5/5 over both rounds if u wish. "

At which point Shades and I called you ghey and then I accepted the bet.

Shadesy went at you a little more, stated he was playing skins and asked you if you needed your rectum licked. I said nothing more on the subject.

What has occurred since this conversation that prompted today's post?

I feel like I am owed an apology. I can send you the conversation if you wish.

Nah u dont need one john. Ur a bigboy. U will survive.

Johnny Canuck
18th October 2012, 05:20 PM
So what has happened since I accepted 5/5/5 that prompted this?

hocko
18th October 2012, 05:24 PM
James.C.C lives in Gatton, Qld. :)

Johnny Canuck
18th October 2012, 05:38 PM
He is the master of the re-thread and question mark bump.

Ashes
18th October 2012, 05:44 PM
?

bergsey
18th October 2012, 10:36 PM
Whats Group Sexy - and Lefty doing?Skins, Teams? I do enough managing of financials during the week so I'm just happy for something simple? Throw the balls up and teams 5/5/5 Nassau stableford?Happy with whatever as long as someone else does the maths!

TourFit
18th October 2012, 11:01 PM
What if we can't do the maths Bergsey...we need people like you to work it all out!

Jeffo1123
19th October 2012, 02:05 AM
So is the only golflink round going to be the Saturday round at busso???

Johnny Canuck
19th October 2012, 02:19 AM
Yep.

Shadesy
19th October 2012, 01:04 PM
OK Please find Best guess Handicaps.

I will update these as people tell me. Remember these are locked Next Friday, so let me know if you think you'll come in or go out a shot this week. Will be posted in OP.

idgolfguy
19th October 2012, 01:37 PM
On 15, but could drop to 14 on Saturday or next Wednesday.

MegaWatty
19th October 2012, 01:43 PM
On 9. Was on 10. Back to 9. Was on 6. Back to 9. Might be off 15 by some time. Currently on 9.

Ashes
19th October 2012, 01:46 PM
Spot on, 22 for me. Won't be playing prior to champs so that'll be it.

Only have a handfull of flagged rounds at this stage, so a good round at Busso could see it come down significantly. Thanks for the rule locking in caps across the weekend :D

TourFit
19th October 2012, 01:48 PM
On 9. Was on 10. Back to 9. Was on 6. Back to 9. Might be off 15 by some time. Currently on 9.

Now look at me, I'm on a horse.

idgolfguy
19th October 2012, 01:50 PM
Are you relevant in this discussion?

...Unless you are supplying the pizzas.

Johnny Canuck
19th October 2012, 01:57 PM
Are you relevant in this discussion?...Unless you are supplying the pizzas. Celebrity advisor. Has more say than most.

MegaWatty
19th October 2012, 01:58 PM
Are you relevant in this discussion?

...Unless you are supplying the pizzas.

I tell you what. You find me a good deal and yes. I will supply the pizzas as my contribution to what has been a superbly organised weekend that for some reason is being torn down for some stupid reason.

I consider Brad one of my best mates. This weekend has his brothers name on it. I know what it means to him and I know how much all the bickering is cutting him.

It burns me up that I have to work that weekend and not be there, at the side of a mate that is there for me so often.

So again, as a mark of respect to one of my best mates, I will supply you all with your pizzas on Saturday night. Thanks for the idea!

Now guys, cut the crap. Enjoy the weekend. You don't realise how lucky you are to be going.

Watty.

TourFit
19th October 2012, 02:01 PM
Whoa!!! Really? It's being torn down? Is it not just the usual excitable bickering of children before a school excursion?

And most of us are WELL AWARE of the weekend and it's significance!

MegaWatty
19th October 2012, 02:02 PM
Just go and play golf an enjoy yourselves. Not all of us have the luxury of doing that.

sms316
19th October 2012, 02:03 PM
I tell you what. You find me a good deal and yes. I will supply the pizzas as my contribution to what has been a superbly organised weekend that for some reason is being torn down for some stupid reason.

I consider Brad one of my best mates. This weekend has his brothers name on it. I know what it means to him and I know how much all the bickering is cutting him.

It burns me up that I have to work that weekend and not be there, at the side of a mate that is there for me so often.

So again, as a mark of respect to one of my best mates, I will supply you all with your pizzas on Saturday night. Thanks for the idea!

Now guys, cut the crap. Enjoy the weekend. You don't realise how lucky you are to be going.

Watty.
No wonder I rate you as the #1 mod.

It is a nice offer, but there is no way you should be supplying dinner (but you are more than welcome to go and pick them up).

MegaWatty
19th October 2012, 02:03 PM
Whoa!!! Really? It's being torn down? Is it not just the usual excitable bickering of children before a school excursion?

And most of us are WELL AWARE of the weekend and it's significance!

No pizza for you. ;)

TourFit
19th October 2012, 02:04 PM
You don't realise how lucky you are to be going.

Golfnut does! :mrgreen:

MegaWatty
19th October 2012, 02:04 PM
No wonder I rate you as the #1 mod.

It is a nice offer, but there is no way you should be supplying dinner (but you are more than welcome to go and pick them up).

I will mate. If someone picks them up, I will pay.

Don't expect me to pay 5 bucks delivery a pizza!

TourFit
19th October 2012, 02:05 PM
No pizza for you. ;)

Cosmo & I are making alternative dinner arrangements...

sms316
19th October 2012, 02:08 PM
Cosmo & I are making alternative dinner arrangements...
Dinner for two?

Ashes
19th October 2012, 02:10 PM
I will mate. If someone picks them up, I will pay.

Don't expect me to pay 5 bucks delivery a pizza!

I was going to be driving the A(rse) Team Van to dinner anyway so I'm quite happy to collect pizzas if needed.

If that's the go I'll put my dinner $$ into the Lifeline kitty.

MegaWatty
19th October 2012, 02:12 PM
Done. It'd be my pleasure to be involved in the weekend in some way.

hocko
19th October 2012, 02:13 PM

Watty.
Well said.

Webster
19th October 2012, 02:13 PM
Ham and pineapple thanks.

MegaWatty
19th October 2012, 02:16 PM
Ham and pineapple thanks.

Ok. I draw the line at pineapple on pizza. If you order it, I don't want to know about it.

I thought more of you, Jack.

Webster
19th October 2012, 02:18 PM
What gives you the right to pass judgement on my pizza toppings?

Friggin mods.

MegaWatty
19th October 2012, 02:20 PM
What gives you the right to pass judgement on my pizza toppings?

Friggin mods.

It's the Ozgolf way. ;)

idgolfguy
19th October 2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks MW...it is unfortunate that you are not going to be there.

However, I see another thread on the horizon about pizza selection.

MegaWatty
19th October 2012, 02:22 PM
I'm just paying.

25 meat lovers fixes everything.

Webster
19th October 2012, 02:23 PM
Go easy on the sausage (for once)

Shadesy
19th October 2012, 02:23 PM
Thanks MW...it is unfortunate that you are not going to be there.

However, I see another thread on the horizon about pizza selection.\

Count me out of that.

I'll eat whatever Pizza is going. Something with spice or Sausage would be great.

Seriously though, anyone rooming with me after, watch out.

idgolfguy
19th October 2012, 02:24 PM
I prefer vegetables on my pizza too.

Yossarian
19th October 2012, 02:24 PM
https://www.eagleboys.com.au/Ordering/Stores/WA/Bunbury

sms316
19th October 2012, 02:29 PM
I prefer vegetables on my pizza too. You know what part of a vegetable is hardest to eat? The wheelchair.

Marto65
19th October 2012, 02:59 PM
What is happening with the Bunni Skins?

I'm happy to be in a scratch group for this ... $5 in a hole each ... all in for carryovers.

TourFit
19th October 2012, 03:01 PM
Something with spice or Sausage would be great.

Rubin's Spicy Sausage...?

Seriously though, anyone rooming with me after, watch out.

Some anal leakage? Borrow some of OMS's incontinence pads!

MegaWatty
19th October 2012, 03:18 PM
Jack will have baby wipes.

simmsy
19th October 2012, 03:28 PM
tourfit will have a dribble cup

TourFit
19th October 2012, 03:29 PM
Haven't had one of those since my days chewing tobacco...

Shadesy
19th October 2012, 03:33 PM
What is happening with the Bunni Skins?

I'm happy to be in a scratch group for this ... $5 in a hole each ... all in for carryovers.

I dunno, I think those who have done it before will work it on the day. I think we will have 3 larger groups perhaps, With a group teeing off on 9 and another on 1 (they are pretty Close together).

I not played on the Friday Before.

Johnny Canuck
19th October 2012, 03:47 PM
Binny skins?

MegaWatty
19th October 2012, 03:49 PM
Bikini skins sounds fun!

rubin
19th October 2012, 03:50 PM
tourfit will have a dribble cup

hes already onto his 5th or 6th cup for the day by the looks.

Tourfit - doubling his post count in 1 day.

bergsey
19th October 2012, 04:16 PM

Watty.

Maybe i've missed some posts or perhaps it's one of those purple circle things!

Well done once again Shades on the organising ! don't think anyone disputes that for a sec

simmsy
19th October 2012, 04:20 PM
no, youve just missed some posts Bergsey.

bergsey
19th October 2012, 04:29 PM
Shades, i'm off 19.

Need to shoot 41pts tomorrow to get back to 18. Will let you know how that goes :)

Shadesy
19th October 2012, 04:31 PM
Damn - I'll put you down for 42.

I have a played too 4 coming off tomorrow, meaning I would jump to 11. But its 4bbb...

simmsy
19th October 2012, 04:56 PM
Go and play at pinjarra or Harty.
Do it for Team WA.

simmsy
19th October 2012, 04:57 PM
Bergs u would have to be coming into champs as the 2nd biggest bandit next to Veeman.

How the **** are you still off 19?

Yossarian
19th October 2012, 05:02 PM
I love you all. Seriously. Lets have a ****ing awesome weekend playing golf and taking selfies.

Shadesy
19th October 2012, 05:04 PM
I forgot I have access to all GL numbers. Interesting :D

I have updated the OP ;-)

Ashes
19th October 2012, 05:07 PM
I wish I was still off 29...

MegaWatty
19th October 2012, 05:20 PM
Taking selfies. Awesome. :)

I can only imagine what's going to come across my phone. No homo!

Yossarian
19th October 2012, 05:21 PM
No docking.

TourFit
19th October 2012, 05:30 PM
...taking selfies.

Awesome. :) No homo!

No docking.

What is all this youth talk?

It's like being on MSN, Glitter or Facepage...

Yossarian
19th October 2012, 05:31 PM
Google docking with safe search off.

TourFit
19th October 2012, 05:32 PM

huh?

(I'm too old for this sh*t)

Yossarian
19th October 2012, 05:34 PM
huh?

(I'm too old for this sh*t)

Riggs?

Shadesy
19th October 2012, 05:34 PM
Google docking with safe search off.:mrgreen:

http://www.pacstarcomputer.com.au/products_pictures/DUAL DOCKING.jpg

Ashes
19th October 2012, 05:45 PM

Thanks Yoss... Some really disturbing reading on urban dictionary right there. None more so than space dock fondue.

I just vomited in my mouth.

MegaWatty
19th October 2012, 05:48 PM
Hahaha. Who would even think to send pics like that?

TourFit
19th October 2012, 05:51 PM
Whatever made you do a search on space dock fondue?

I just read it, and realised that vomiting in your mouth wouldn't be so bad...given the alternative

Ashes
19th October 2012, 05:56 PM
It popped up when searching docking. It seems there are all sorts of variations...

I thought the Human Centipede movie sounded disturbing. :?

simmsy
19th October 2012, 05:58 PM
Hope ur work doesn't monitor u too close

TourFit
19th October 2012, 06:00 PM
Shadesy having access to my Golflink worries me more!

JC with access to Mrs 'Fits mobile number, even more.

Ashes
19th October 2012, 06:00 PM
Hope ur work doesn't monitor u too close

BYO ipad and mobile broadband has that covered.

dc68
19th October 2012, 08:55 PM
My cap is 3 not 4.

Webster
19th October 2012, 09:06 PM
My cap is 3 not 2.

Shadesy
19th October 2012, 09:18 PM
Sorry boys checked today an the Nullabor cup reflects your handicap but didnt update the op.

Noted

idgolfguy
19th October 2012, 10:47 PM
V4 off 12? Have I missed something in the last 12 months?

Veefore
19th October 2012, 11:08 PM
I forgot I have access to all GL numbers. Interesting :D

I have updated the OP ;-)

V4 off 12? Have I missed something in the last 12 months?

I must be if Shadesy has all the golflink numbers and that is what it says. :)

I'm still probably no better chance than if I played off the 9 that golflink tells me I'm off. :(

Shadesy
19th October 2012, 11:23 PM
Not sure where I got 12 from? Your golflink number was invalid as well Vee?

Golfnut
19th October 2012, 11:25 PM
I'm off 14 not 12.....trust me I need every one of those 2 shots atm.

MegaWatty
19th October 2012, 11:26 PM
FFS Shadesy. WTF is going on? Get your shit together. Worst organised champs ever!

Oh, I have an idea...

Shadesy
19th October 2012, 11:30 PM
I'm off 14 not 12.....trust me I need every one of those 2 shots atm.

It says 14?

FFS Shadesy. WTF is going on. Get your shot together. Worst organised champs ever!

Oh, I have an idea...

I know right!

catch22
19th October 2012, 11:37 PM
Wow ... playing with A graders!

Finally I can pretend that I'm not a total hacker ... until I tee off that is.
Hopefully no one gets too upset with the guy who shoots 100+

Golfnut
19th October 2012, 11:47 PM
It says 14?Oops, wrong thread......my badThat was meant for the Friday thread.....carry on shades.

Ashes
20th October 2012, 12:14 AM

Don't stress Catch, you're far from the worst golfer attending - I've got that title!

Shadesy
20th October 2012, 08:58 AM

We never get upset with Yoss.

Johnny Canuck
20th October 2012, 09:08 AM
We never get upset with Yoss. But will catch provide oral pleasure?

Shadesy
20th October 2012, 10:01 AM
Guys/Girl

Just spoke to the Manager at KB. Besides having to walk away from a short excitable guy who wouldn't stop talking at the Perth International, he has agreed that all players will get the Members Guest of $30!!!!

Also they are full on Sunday and have only 8 carts left.

If you want one book them Now. Under my name (Heath) at 10.30.

Cheers

Johnny Canuck
20th October 2012, 10:07 AM
Might help to give the number: 08 9420 7201

Ashes
20th October 2012, 10:10 AM
Guys/Girl

Just spoke to the Manager at KB. Besides having to walk away from a short excitable guy who wouldn't stop talking at the Perth International, he has agreed that all players will get the Members Guest of $30!!!!

Also they are full on Sunday and have only 8 carts left.

If you want one book them Now. Under my name (Heath) at 10.30.

Cheers

Nice work Shades!

simmsy
20th October 2012, 10:42 AM
Good work shades. Cart uses start the day -6points.

BayBum
20th October 2012, 11:44 AM
Unless you have bacon bits hanging from your nostrils eh Yoss ? :lol:

Yossarian
20th October 2012, 11:51 AM
I walked. No excuses.

sms316
20th October 2012, 12:10 PM
I'll walk. I'm an athlete now.

mike
20th October 2012, 12:49 PM
I'll walk. I'm an athlete now.I'm so proud. I can't see the monitor through the tears.

dc68
20th October 2012, 12:56 PM
Lefty are we walking or carting? I vote wheels after a big night but will happily go with the flow...my health kick is suspended from the time SMS picks me up Thursday morning until I get back.

Yossarian
20th October 2012, 01:02 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img834/4725/img20121020wa0000.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/img20121020wa0000.jpg/)

Friends at KB.

Cosmopolite
20th October 2012, 01:03 PM
eeek that is a big SoaB

LeftyHoges
20th October 2012, 01:05 PM
Lefty are we walking or carting? I vote wheels after a big night but will happily go with the flow...my health kick is suspended from the time SMS picks me up Thursday morning until I get back. I say we cart the mother ****er up!

rubin
20th October 2012, 01:10 PM
Friends at KB.

The 7th?

sms316
20th October 2012, 01:10 PM
I'm down to scratch now.

Cosmopolite
20th October 2012, 01:16 PM
booked my cart

sms316
20th October 2012, 01:17 PM
Lefty are we walking or carting? I vote wheels after a big night but will happily go with the flow...my health kick is suspended from the time SMS picks me up Thursday morning until I get back. Bourbon for breakfast?

Shadesy
20th October 2012, 01:21 PM
The 7th?

10th... Did not move.

catch22
20th October 2012, 02:12 PM
Don't stress Catch, you're far from the worst golfer attending - I've got that title!
on paper maybe!
Just gone down a shot after today to 16... obviously I want see how high a nett score I can get!

dc68
20th October 2012, 03:15 PM
I say we cart the mother ****er up! Seeing as you are the bestest organiser in Ozgolf would you care to book it?

Ashes
20th October 2012, 08:16 PM
Current forecast for Busselton on Saturday is 31!!

Webster
20th October 2012, 08:28 PM
Is there a dress code at any of these courses we are playing?

simmsy
20th October 2012, 08:29 PM
Yep and 28 on sunday at this stage. Im getting excited. A bit of wind about though i think.

simmsy
20th October 2012, 08:32 PM

Busselton being the traditional club it is a bit of a pain. Pants or shorts with long socks.
KB youre fine with stubbies and a wife beater.

Shadesy
20th October 2012, 08:33 PM

Bintang singlet and thongs are mandatory at KB.

Ashes
20th October 2012, 08:41 PM
Forecast has thrown my plans into complete disarray. Was going to wear my all black Phat Phil outfit... :(

idgolfguy
20th October 2012, 08:41 PM
Just told the Mrs I'm away for next weekend. Forgot again.

sms316
20th October 2012, 08:42 PM
Busselton being the traditional club it is a bit of a pain. Pants or shorts with long socks. KB youre fine with stubbies and a wife beater. Long socks? Pfft. Anklets mate.

Ashes
20th October 2012, 08:44 PM

I get daily reminders so I'll never forget...

hocko
20th October 2012, 08:49 PM
You did or wife did?

Johnny Canuck
20th October 2012, 08:58 PM
Forecast has thrown my plans into complete disarray. Was going to wear my all black Phat Phil outfit... :(

The Captain is wise.

dc68
20th October 2012, 09:02 PM
Busselton being the traditional club it is a bit of a pain. Pants or shorts with long socks. KB youre fine with stubbies and a wife beater. Long socks pfft.... Solarman isn't coming.

Ashes
20th October 2012, 09:03 PM
The Captain is wise. The Captain is a girls blouse.

dc68
20th October 2012, 09:08 PM
Ahhhh gotta love the infighting.

Johnny Canuck
20th October 2012, 09:31 PM
The Captain is a girls blouse.

You are the homo that is changing outfits.

We'll discuss it Friday night. Oh wait...

Golfnut
20th October 2012, 09:47 PM
Just told the Mrs I'm away for next weekend. Forgot again. Classic ID....I look up to you mate.....metaphorically speaking of course ;)

Golfnut
20th October 2012, 09:48 PM
You are the homo that is changing outfits. We'll discuss it Friday night. Oh wait... Gosh I'm glad it not me this year.

Johnny Canuck
20th October 2012, 09:53 PM
It's going to take you 11 months to get out of the doghouse.

Ashes
20th October 2012, 09:58 PM
You are the homo that is changing outfits. We'll discuss it Friday night. Oh wait...I see where I went wrong there..

Golfnut
20th October 2012, 09:59 PM
It's going to take you 11 months to get out of the doghouse. ......and the rest!

Johnny Canuck
20th October 2012, 10:00 PM
I see where I went wrong there..

I think you built that glasshouse.

Ashes
20th October 2012, 10:01 PM
I've never subscribed to that theory anyway :)

Johnny Canuck
20th October 2012, 10:04 PM
If that glasshouse was built in Rockingham, all the windows were already gone.

Ashes
20th October 2012, 10:27 PM
Is that cause Rubin was a member down there previously?

Johnny Canuck
20th October 2012, 10:34 PM
Is that cause Rubin was a member down there previously?

Yes, but when he was a member at Kennedy Bay.

idgolfguy
20th October 2012, 10:51 PM
She now thinks I'm traveling for work. Will break it to her later in the week.

Johnny Canuck
20th October 2012, 10:59 PM
You've changed.

Shadesy
20th October 2012, 11:27 PM
I've done a Fit and picked my outfits for the weekend.

Anyone got a yellow hat I can use for Friday?

Ashes
20th October 2012, 11:30 PM
I've done a Fit and picked my outfits for the weekend.

Anyone got a yellow hat I can use for Friday?

Are the arseless chaps getting a run?

Shadesy
20th October 2012, 11:32 PM

Only when you turn up.

Ashes
20th October 2012, 11:38 PM
Cool. I'll bring my tipping dollars.

Golfnut
20th October 2012, 11:46 PM

The arseless chaps will be staring at his ass in awe.

tommyg
21st October 2012, 12:36 AM
Hocko?

bergsey
21st October 2012, 01:38 AM
Note for the weekend...pack the aerogard!

Cosmopolite
21st October 2012, 01:36 PM
looks like we are going to put on some nice weather for the yeasties

Jeffo1123
21st October 2012, 09:27 PM
Note for the weekend...pack the aerogard! Definitely a necessity, were out in force yesterday at kwinana and again today at Karrinyup!!!

Golfnut
21st October 2012, 10:29 PM
Eat more garlic.

LeftyHoges
21st October 2012, 10:41 PM
Eat more garlic.

And less bananas according to the old wives tale.

Golfnut
21st October 2012, 11:04 PM
And less bananas according to the old wives tale.

Interesting.

MegaWatty
22nd October 2012, 03:05 AM
Less asparagus, more pineapple juice.

LeftyHoges
22nd October 2012, 08:38 AM
What's the go with Binningup gents? No SureShot GPS mapped, no website.

Is it just a nice little 9 holer with few members and not much else?

simmsy
22nd October 2012, 08:50 AM
That's about it.
Links style 9 holer. Nice and wide right on the ocean. Great fun track.

simmsy
22nd October 2012, 08:51 AM
Go on near map if u want to have a look over it.

idgolfguy
22nd October 2012, 10:45 AM
Golfshot and Yardage Pro have the courses mapped.

LeftyHoges
22nd October 2012, 10:48 AM
Golfshot and Yardage Pro have the courses mapped.

I have Golfshot on my iPhone. Does anyone mind if I use it for the skins game? (Here fishy, fishy, fishy, fishy... :razz: )

idgolfguy
22nd October 2012, 10:56 AM
Guys
Looking at playing 9 holes early on the Saturday while in Bunbury. Let me know if you are interested.
Link to EOI thread. Not sure if it will happen at this stage.

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/31385-27-Oct-2012-EOI-to-Play-9-holes-whilst-in-Bunbury?p=871963#post871963

Johnny Canuck
22nd October 2012, 11:04 AM
Might be tough to get 9 holes on a sat morning. Most courses would have comps on.

idgolfguy
22nd October 2012, 11:14 AM
Will do a ring around and see what's available

Shadesy
22nd October 2012, 11:19 AM
Unless you have bacon bits hanging from your nostrils eh Yoss ? :lol:

Hey Baybum

We have a spare spot if you're interested.

That goes for any other WAnkers or Yeasties.

Shadesy
22nd October 2012, 11:24 AM
Boo-urns.....

Hey Fit

Were you planning on this for Sundy as well? There are 4 other ntps on the day at KB, and whilst they are happy with our own ntps I think it could work well on Sunday as well.

idgolfguy
22nd October 2012, 11:53 AM
Might be tough to get 9 holes on a sat morning. Most courses would have comps on.
There is this one...
http://www.par3golfbusselton.com.au/

Bit of early cash - off the stick.

TourFit
22nd October 2012, 12:04 PM
Hey Fit

Were you planning on this for Sundy as well? There are 4 other ntps on the day at KB, and whilst they are happy with our own ntps I think it could work well on Sunday as well.

Of course...do Busso NTP's on Sat night, and then do the KB NTP's before the final presentation on Sunday arvo!

It would be nice if people who posted kept the NTP distances or who's close out of posts (so others playin' the weekend don't know). It'll give the Brown (too low, way too low) low style preso more cred.

Tomson
22nd October 2012, 01:30 PM
Hey dc do you have a couple of these packed for the WA champs. You won't need any band aid for these ones, they're shank resistant.

http://www.gppgolf.com/club-clean-ez-cure-no-think-wedge?utm_source=Constant+Contact&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=DJ22+Club+Clean+Wedge

TourFit
22nd October 2012, 01:37 PM
He can use it to kill the snakes.

Warm weather starting, they're coming out to play.

It's SNAKE SEASON.

Marto65
22nd October 2012, 03:26 PM
Gents ...

What is the best course to play on Monday?

Joondalup is coring one 9, and the Quarry 9 is out. So I aint going there ....

I'm playing Cottesloe in the afternoon .... I'm allowed 1 guest if you have $50....

But I'm looking for a hit in the morning .... The Vines? ... (I've played Karrinyup ...) ... Royal Perth is recips, but I've played there too...

Whats close and great? ... I've hired a car now too ...

Marto.