View Full Version : Gavin Simms Memorial Cup 2012 - The Real OzGolf Champs

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

simmsy
2nd August 2012, 04:29 PM
Yep.
Who else is oot

Shadesy
2nd August 2012, 04:32 PM
We have 19 on Friday (so 4 x 4 and 1 x 3). If JC Stays then it will be 5 full cabins.

Saturday we have 5 x 4pax and 1 x 3pax

Capish?

Shadesy
2nd August 2012, 04:34 PM
Those who have not played KB before, there is some good Discussion in this Thread, if you can cut through some of the crap.

Obviously JC is a lower marker, and played it more than me, but I have been a member for 3 years there.

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/11653-WA-Golf-Courses/page137?highlight=Links

Have to go through about 8 pages to get all the Holes in.

simmsy
2nd August 2012, 05:10 PM
That's just cruel suggesting that they actually need to read that thread.

Johnny Canuck
2nd August 2012, 05:21 PM
Mike would.

Cosmopolite
2nd August 2012, 06:31 PM
shades i'll take the 3 man cabin with two other gumby's.

emphasis on the use of the word "man" i had cosmo & fit in our cabin last year and waking up to bras (yes plural) in the shower cubicle was not what i needed at 6 in the morning while im trying to have a piss. still cant work out who's was who's.

wouldn't have been my bras in the shower cubicle (unless I was in the shower). they were either left in my luggage or on the bed..........

who else was wearing bras?

hocko
2nd August 2012, 06:38 PM
shades i'll take the 3 man cabin with two other gumby's.

emphasis on the use of the word "man" i had cosmo & fit in our cabin last year and waking up to bras (yes plural) in the shower cubicle was not what i needed at 6 in the morning while im trying to have a piss. still cant work out who's was who's.

wouldn't have been my bras in the shower cubicle (unless I was in the shower). they were either left in my luggage or on the bed..........

who else was wearing bras?
Hmmm, i wonder?

Johnny Canuck
2nd August 2012, 06:55 PM
wouldn't have been my bras in the shower cubicle (unless I was in the shower). they were either left in my luggage or on the bed..........who else was wearing bras? Tommyg got a bit pissed and had yours on for a bit.

rubin
2nd August 2012, 06:58 PM
I thought it was cause simmsy had a seniors moment and forgot he'd tried em on......

sms316
2nd August 2012, 07:04 PM
Tommyg got a bit pissed and had yours on for a bit.
Quiet night last year?

Golfnut
3rd August 2012, 04:11 PM
Shades, why am I not on the list in the OP?

simmsy
3rd August 2012, 04:28 PM
Did u confirm ur attendance? Or pay deposit??

Golfnut
3rd August 2012, 04:39 PM
Accom was not confirmed so if I missed out, tough luck.

Didn't know attendance needed to be re-confirmed.....my post in tommy's thread was firm, I was 3rd on the list.

I have got the green light to stay but I understand if there's no more rooms available. Unfortunately, I didn't have the right timing to confirm accom (we've had a few issues at home that made this a low priority to talk about)

Shadesy
3rd August 2012, 04:47 PM
Shades, why am I not on the list in the OP?

I had not heard from you regarding the Champs. This Thread was started on the on the 13th of July and I can confirm up until the Wednesday (when Accommodation deposits were due) your name was still on the list. Tom Waterhouse even posted odds on you.

I stated that first in best dressed in regards to the deposits. Even then as you showed interest in the Champs early and being an OG legend I was willing to hold spot for you.

However I have seen on several occasions that you have logged in and posted, without even suggesting in the 500 posts that preceded this one that you were available, free, wanted to stay, play... I even mentioned it too you in another thread when you posted as I was trying to get your interest in it and give me some sort of mention that you wanted to play. A few others posters chased you in other threads as well.

I had 24 willing Participants who have all paid on time, and committed by the due date. Unfortunately I have had to set a cut off date in regards to Accommodation, Course Bookings and payments.

Sorry mate, I would of loved you to come, and 1 simple post stating that you were interested you would of been in.

Shadesy
3rd August 2012, 05:01 PM
You have got your Login Details.

I hadn't seen you post in the GS Memorial thread so figured you were Tourfitting...

Final Day is today to get your answer in, I'm holding a spot.

Sent on the 31 July (Tuesday) as well in the Tom Waterhouse Betting Thread...

I also needed Golflink Numbers, so regardless of Accommodation issues, A GolfLink number and telling me you were playing would of been all I needed. 24 others seemed to manage it OK?

Golfnut
3rd August 2012, 05:01 PM
I rarely read anything past the last few posts mate....don't have the time.
I thought my input in the original thread showed/proved me as a certain starter.

NFI about other posters chasing me up on this.....if they did, the inference was on staying not whether i was playing or not.

My golflink dropped off last week so couldn't confirm that. I was meant to be playing with tommy yesterday arvo in the PGN comp to get his first comp round in and get my golflink re-instated but I've stuffed my neck up monumentally on Wed morning at work so that got postponed.

Post #4 has me as pretty solid AFAIK
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/28668-Gavin-Simms-Memorial-CUP-2012

Golfnut
3rd August 2012, 05:07 PM
Sent on the 31 July (Tuesday) as well in the Tom Waterhouse Betting Thread...

Mate, honestly I didn't see that. :(

Johnny Canuck
3rd August 2012, 05:14 PM
One more group!

Golfnut
3rd August 2012, 05:15 PM
I'm guessing it's a moot point but can we get another group in?

rubin
3rd August 2012, 05:23 PM
just my 2 cents: but surely a seasoned contributor such as Golfnut would have 'preference' (and I use the terms loosely) over someone who very rarely, or never posts.........

Shadesy
3rd August 2012, 05:26 PM
Kennedy Bay - 08 9524 5991
Busso GC - tel: 97531025
Bunbury holiday Village: tel:1800007100

All under my name.

I know another OGer who wants to play so you have 2 already.

Let me know how you go!

Shadesy
3rd August 2012, 05:29 PM
just my 2 cents: but surely a seasoned contributor such as Golfnut would have 'preference' (and I use the terms loosely) over someone who very rarely, or never posts.........

FFS.. How much time and how many posts do i have to give someone.

He was on the list as of Tuesday holding his spot.

24 others managed to show some interest and get money to me.

I have to pay deposits, confirm numbers of groups at 3 golf courses yet i'm meant to pay for all that an hold a spot for another 3 months?

One post, pm, mesaage, is all it took. Not one post in this thread despite the OP clearly being updated with all information and PMs being sent to everyone.

Golfnut
3rd August 2012, 05:32 PM
Wasn't $40 to confirm accom only???
Would've paid it if it was to secure tee times.

Shadesy
3rd August 2012, 05:33 PM
I know I'm friggin you guys around too...does this mean its too late for me to join in ?

Theres 3 Golf nut!

Johnny Canuck
3rd August 2012, 05:35 PM
Fit
Golfnut
Marty

Book em Dano

Shadesy
3rd August 2012, 05:37 PM
Fit
Golfnut
Marty

Book em Dano

I've given the numbers he needs to call.

Golfnut
3rd August 2012, 05:41 PM
Are any of the other 3 in for accom on Saturday night?

I can message 'Fit to find out if he's staying over night.

Shadesy
3rd August 2012, 05:45 PM
Are any of the other 3 in for accom on Saturday night?

I can message 'Fit to find out if he's staying over night.

Fit is in for both nights!

Golfnut
3rd August 2012, 05:45 PM
So is it booked under the name Shadesy ?

+1

Yossarian
3rd August 2012, 05:48 PM
Worst organiser ever.

Johnny Canuck
3rd August 2012, 05:50 PM
Fit, cosmo, nut, simmsy. Cabin done.

Golfnut
3rd August 2012, 05:51 PM
Memories

Shadesy
3rd August 2012, 06:04 PM
Im not rushing around friday night ringing golf courses when there has been amole opportunity to say your playing.

If i get around to it tomorrow i'll book a 7th group for KB if they have one.

If i get around to it Monday, i'll
Email Busso but my week is flat out.

I'll also ring Accomm but i'm not paying anything.

If you want to call before then ahead.

Under Okely.

Just curious why its taken you 500 posts to
Make your first post in probably the most discussed thread on OG?

How come no reply to my PM which everyone else responded too?

simmsy
3rd August 2012, 06:21 PM
Gotta say guys, Shadesy has done a great job at arranging this. If you haven't been able to arrange your own stuff in the plentiful time shades gave us all to put our hand up as a commitment then I think you have to take it on the chin. The previous champs thread by tommy became N/A as it was no longer a metro trip but away down south so everyone knew they needed to re-commit.

If there is 3 or 4 more that want to now come down I reckon that would be great but I reckon they should take it into their own hands.

Don't let this become a Debarcle. Shades has done the right thing from what I can see.

hocko
3rd August 2012, 06:26 PM
All except maybe Bunbury, But I have provisionally booked 5 groups and can adjust as time nears.

Confirmed 6 groups as Busselton and KB. Busselton I need all Golflink Numbers so I can book us in Sooner rather than later, hence the deadline of July 31st.

I think I have 26 spots of Interest, so it might be tight.

It means I have limited it to 24 Players, so those who have paid (Eastern Staters will be given preference as well) is first in.

Yeah Hilarious... Best organised Champs ever.

Second best!

This is Multi National Organisation!

It's a pity you missed the locals!

Shadesy
3rd August 2012, 06:40 PM
It's a pity you missed the locals!

Its a pity someone will have to organise it a 3rd time come Monday.

hocko
3rd August 2012, 06:43 PM
:lol:

rubin
3rd August 2012, 07:51 PM
I was thinking that this was going way too smoothly for a wanker champs organization...... Well done nut.

Shadesy
3rd August 2012, 08:05 PM
I was thinking that this was going way too smoothly for a wanker champs organization...... Well done nut.

It is smooth. 24 spots locked away.

In under 4 weeks i've booked 3 courses, changed 2 courses, emailed two more options (Mandurah and Pinjarra) rang 6 caravan parks, organized discounts at KB, booked 6 chalets, emailed Golf link numbers to busso, sent over 60 PM's, paid for 6 chalets, worked out costs for everyone... Posted all updates EVERY step of the way, even posted spreadsheets.

Was it too much to ask to ask for one post, pm or message to say:

A. The days you want to play
B. Pay a deposit.?

rubin
3rd August 2012, 08:10 PM
Steady on mate. I'm not having a crack at u.

idgolfguy
3rd August 2012, 08:37 PM
These things happen. Good work Shadesy. Unfortunately, some cannot commit that farin advance.

There is still time to make changes and those that missed out can sort it.

It would also be expected for 2 out of the 24 to cancel for unexpected reasons closer to date. We all have other dependencies. On percentages, this is very likely.

Golfnut
3rd August 2012, 09:40 PM
Im not rushing around friday night ringing golf courses when there has been amole opportunity to say your playing.

If i get around to it tomorrow i'll book a 7th group for KB if they have one.

If i get around to it Monday, i'll
Email Busso but my week is flat out.

I'll also ring Accomm but i'm not paying anything.

If you want to call before then ahead.

Under Okely.

Just curious why its taken you 500 posts to
Make your first post in probably the most discussed thread on OG?

How come no reply to my PM which everyone else responded too?

My first post in this thread was on page 2 and followed with a few more in the first few pages.....when the east coasters put their hands up to play I switched off a bit from the thread as they discussed logistics.

Again, afaik the pm was chasing a deposit for the accommodation and at that stage I wasn't in a position to say yes or no.
How did that automatically mean I wasn't playing???
I'm not sure why Shades is getting so defensive, I haven't had a dig at him.

Gotta say guys, Shadesy has done a great job at arranging this. If you haven't been able to arrange your own stuff in the plentiful time shades gave us all to put our hand up as a commitment then I think you have to take it on the chin. The previous champs thread by tommy became N/A as it was no longer a metro trip but away down south so everyone knew they needed to re-commit.

If there is 3 or 4 more that want to now come down I reckon that would be great but I reckon they should take it into their own hands.

Don't let this become a Debarcle. Shades has done the right thing from what I can see.

I agree, Shades has done a great job in arranging this and I did not say otherwise. I must've missed the posts where everyone who committed in the original thread, recommitted in this thread......I subscribed to it as soon as I saw it (page 2). This doesn't need to become a debacle

Its a pity someone will have to organise it a 3rd time come Monday.

I'm happy to try get another group through off my own back if its that much of a drama.

The bit that confuses me is why and how did 24 become the magic number when it was over 3 months out from the actual event, particularly when you had 26 in the list???
My idea of Champs is "the more the merrier" therefore allow more than the numbers you have to try include as many as possible. Much easier to can 1 group booked a month out than to try book an extra 2 if more interest is picked up over the next month......after all it's still almost 3 months until this thing happens.

These things happen. Good work Shadesy. Unfortunately, some cannot commit that farin advance.

This is true, it would be a shame that others couldn't attend because they couldn't commit this far out.

There is still time to make changes and those that missed out can sort it.

It would also be expected for 2 out of the 24 to cancel for unexpected reasons closer to date. We all have other dependencies. On percentages, this is very likely.

Agree totally but I still think more groups should've been booked to allow for as many as possible. (shadesy that is not a dig at you at all mate.)

Anyway, the wheels are in motion to get at least one more group in....be good to get even another for the late comers. A 30 strong WAnker Champs would be awesome.

simmsy
3rd August 2012, 10:40 PM
Nut i understand ur sense of frustration but believe me mate these things need to be booked and locked away this far out as otherwise u wont get timeslots for 5 groups and you wont get accom for 20 odd people. Also on the other side the ppl playing have always said they need that long to make sure they can try and make it. If u waited until a month out guys would say they cant make it as by then family&friend enagements are going to be arranged.

simmsy
3rd August 2012, 10:56 PM
Last year for the Crane Works Sponsored event it was all locked up with courses and accom by first week of July and was two weeks later in the year.

Johnny Canuck
3rd August 2012, 11:09 PM
One more group!

G69, commit, FFS.

Ashes
3rd August 2012, 11:15 PM
Is Fit actually playing now?? Has done a Bradbury and come out of nowhere!

Yossarian
4th August 2012, 01:00 AM
Nut I do not read your post on page 2 as registering interest. Just my take.

idgolfguy
4th August 2012, 01:12 AM
Better subscribe to this WAnkerfest.Somewhat obtuse...but considering the context. There is some semblence of affirmation.

Golfnut
4th August 2012, 01:31 AM
Nut I do not read your post on page 2 as registering interest. Just my take.

Better polish up on your definitions Yoss being a future man of the law......subscribe is probably the only word I would use to describe "registering interest"

Semantics though really now.

Shadesy
4th August 2012, 08:29 AM
Another group booked for Kennedy Bay..

PM me your GL and Full name and i'll get onto Busso.

Golfnut
4th August 2012, 09:10 AM
Shades. I've put you down for special bevies mate.

Just feeding the troops, will pm in half an hour.

Yossarian
4th August 2012, 09:12 AM
Better polish up on your definitions Yoss being a future man of the law......subscribe is probably the only word I would use to describe "registering interest"

Semantics though really now.

:lol:

As a legal expert you would probably know of the drive towards plain English, as such a simple "I'm in" would be the best approach.

A "better subscribe to this WAnkerfest" reads as if you are going to watch the thread with interest and when you know you can commit and the details are settled you will state "i'm in."

As you say semantics

simmsy
4th August 2012, 09:21 AM
To all future ozgolfer events that ppl think its too far in advance to commit to, it is easier to commit by saying "YES I WILL BE ATTENDING"
Then pay your deposit. That way u are locked in.

If family or work commitments turn around on you and you cant make it it is damn easier for the organizer to take someone off the list than try and get more ppl on it.

simmsy
4th August 2012, 10:03 AM
Booking games is easier but shades also has to pay deposit for accom.
Accom is never easy to lock away in WA.

Shadesy
4th August 2012, 10:45 AM
Since i've paid, they might let me HOLD an extra Chalet.

sms316
4th August 2012, 10:52 AM
Lubin will be pitching a two man tent.

Johnny Canuck
4th August 2012, 11:19 AM
Just take the spot & if you have to drop out, so be it. We can manage with a group of 3.

Golfnut
4th August 2012, 11:42 AM
PM sent Shadesy.

Johnny Canuck
4th August 2012, 01:55 PM
PM sent Shadesy. Was this necessary?

simmsy
4th August 2012, 02:13 PM
Thats nuts confirmation that he wants to go.

rubin
4th August 2012, 02:25 PM
Golfnuts just stating his intention to let shadesy know he will be stating his inentions.

Ashes
4th August 2012, 02:37 PM
Golfnuts just stating his intention to let shadesy know he will be stating his inentions.

Cruel Intentions?

tommyg
4th August 2012, 07:25 PM
...so will there be a little italian stereotype at the champs or not?

Golfnut
4th August 2012, 08:13 PM
Va funculo....I'll be there, even if I have to use young Shadesy's buns as my pillow if there's no beds!!!

rubin
4th August 2012, 08:14 PM
That is a very very disturbing image.

Just borrow some of Ned's sandbags instead much safer, and there's enough of them u could almost make a bed!

Shadesy
4th August 2012, 09:02 PM
May as well sleep on some bricks... Would be softer.

idgolfguy
4th August 2012, 09:13 PM
Hardass!

Shadesy
6th August 2012, 03:35 PM
Extra Night booked for the Accommodation.

We now have 6 Chalets for Friday and 7 Chalets for Saturday.

Just waiting on Busso to get back to me.

idgolfguy
10th August 2012, 04:05 PM
Call out when you're in town and ready for a game.

Shadesy
10th August 2012, 04:25 PM
OK There Looks like an Extra Spot up for grabs if anyone wants it.

sms316
10th August 2012, 04:26 PM
OK There Looks like an Extra Spot up for grabs if anyone wants it. adlo?

Johnny Canuck
10th August 2012, 04:29 PM
Big concert that weekend

rubin
10th August 2012, 04:49 PM
doesnt your mate Marty slot in now JC?

simmsy
10th August 2012, 04:51 PM
Rubin.......slot.......marty.......

i see where this is going ;)

rubin
10th August 2012, 04:54 PM
I posted it. the computer froze and i didnt get a chance to rephrase it.

funnily enough, i knew you'd be the first to do it....

BTW - No Winter Cup for OMS???

simmsy
10th August 2012, 04:58 PM
???

rubin
10th August 2012, 05:04 PM
???

the harty winter cup?

simmsy
10th August 2012, 05:18 PM
no mate. don't like "special" comps that are Stableford. i can play that any given day. if they changed the winter cup to stroke i would play it.

hocko
10th August 2012, 05:52 PM
I like your footer mate.
Everyone should throw some cash their way.

Shadesy
10th August 2012, 05:57 PM
no mate. don't like "special" comps that are Stableford. i can play that any given day. if they changed the winter cup to stroke i would play it.

Sounds like an old man rant to me!

simmsy
10th August 2012, 06:12 PM
geez shades, all im saying is that s'ford comps are on at every club every day of the year, if you're going to hold a comp that's out of the ordinary then make it real golf.

if we could arrange it i'd be calling for the champs to be stroke as well, but i know that will never happen with going on to PA courses.

simmsy
10th August 2012, 06:13 PM
I like your footer mate.
Everyone should throw some cash their way.

mate they do an amazing job, i was only just on their facebook site (only just joined due to stuff my sister is doing in relation) and the stories on there are pretty confronting.

what those people do in trying to help people in real trouble is amazing.

tommyg
10th August 2012, 06:41 PM
...im with you simmsy. Stablefords for hacks.

rubin
10th August 2012, 06:42 PM

Thats only cause for another 2 rounds u have to play stroke

Veefore
10th August 2012, 07:02 PM

If they could get people to play stroke in under 5 hours on a regular day they might consider it. As it is, Winter Cup is still pushing 4 1/2 hours as stableford.
Last saturday was 4:40 for the later groups in the morning.

WAGC had to change one of their big days to a PAR event after a 6 hour round one year. Then again, how were they to know that ONE SLOW PLAYER could stuff it up that bad.

hocko
10th August 2012, 07:07 PM
Stroke didn't help today!

tommyg
10th August 2012, 07:10 PM
...blowing out to 8 should hurt your score bad i reckon. A wipe just isnt punishing enough...

Johnny Canuck
10th August 2012, 07:26 PM
geez shades, all im saying is that s'ford comps are on at every club every day of the year, if you're going to hold a comp that's out of the ordinary then make it real golf.if we could arrange it i'd be calling for the champs to be stroke as well, but i know that will never happen with going on to PA courses. agreed, but the rounds take ages. A stroke.champs would also be awesome, but we have too many ladies who would complain, none of which are named Cosmo.

simmsy
10th August 2012, 07:39 PM
yeah i agree about the whole time taken thing, but doesn't change the fact that more stroke rounds should be played.

tommyg
10th August 2012, 07:57 PM
Being one that never plays comps every round is stroke for me. When i play a stableford it seems like cheating. Thus i'll probably win this thing again.

Johnny Canuck
10th August 2012, 08:04 PM
Anything but stroke is cheating. Good call Tommy

tommyg
10th August 2012, 08:13 PM
I love a good stroke.

Johnny Canuck
10th August 2012, 08:18 PM
Calling Rubes....

rubin
10th August 2012, 08:19 PM
Yes.......? ;)

Ashes
10th August 2012, 08:24 PM
Even as hack, I agree strokeplay beats the other formats. Shouldn't take an excessive amount of time if you're making an effort to get through quickly. The amount of time some golfers waste is a joke.

Johnny Canuck
10th August 2012, 08:26 PM
It's unanimous. Champs is now stroke.

Ashes
10th August 2012, 08:27 PM
I'm screwed...

Veefore
10th August 2012, 08:30 PM
yeah i agree about the whole time taken thing, but doesn't change the fact that more stroke rounds should be played.

I agree completely.

And if they did have more stroke rounds, people would speed up too, instead of the usual monthly mug and club champs scenario of grind over every shot for the first 3 hours (nine holes), shooting a crap score in the process.
Then just play their normal game for the 2nd nine, score better and still finish in 2 hours.

Veefore
10th August 2012, 08:31 PM
It's unanimous. Champs is now stroke.

You have my vote.

dc68
10th August 2012, 08:33 PM
+1

Johnny Canuck
10th August 2012, 08:34 PM
You have my vote. I had already counted yours. I know who the real men are around here. Cheers v

rubin
10th August 2012, 08:35 PM
Stroke rounds are good. It may take a while but it's champs after all.

Ashes
10th August 2012, 08:37 PM
What happens in a comp stroke round if you get an unplayable lie or unexpectedly lose your ball? Can't imagine heading back to the spot of original shot would go down well with a packed field?

rubin
10th August 2012, 08:39 PM
What happens in a comp stroke round if you get an unplayable lie or unexpectedly lose your ball? Can't imagine heading back to the spot of original shot would go down well with a packed field?

Dq and move on.

dc68
10th August 2012, 08:41 PM
What happens in a comp stroke round if you get an unplayable lie or unexpectedly lose your ball? Can't imagine heading back to the spot of original shot would go down well with a packed field? Same as it is for a stableford. If you have a lost pill and you think you can score you are quite within your rights to go back an play another.

BayBum
10th August 2012, 08:44 PM
1.Take the penalty drop
2.Play a provisional

Johnny Canuck
10th August 2012, 08:47 PM
What happens in a comp stroke round if you get an unplayable lie or unexpectedly lose your ball? Can't imagine heading back to the spot of original shot would go down well with a packed field? Play a provisional if in doubt. Otherwise, if you ate travelling ok, head back to the tee.

Ashes
10th August 2012, 08:51 PM
Thinking bout strokeplay has reminded me of the 14 I shot on the 17th at Secret Harbour when putting in cards for a handicap. Did a Daly and deposited ball after ball into the drink, or the sand dunes.

I'm screwed... :)

Play a provisional if in doubt. Otherwise, if you ate travelling ok, head back to the tee.

I usually do - but have been caught out a few times with balls going missing when I wasn't expecting it. Have usually just picked up rather than stuff everyone around by trudging back to the original spot. That's the only upside I can see to the other formats.

simmsy
10th August 2012, 09:00 PM
This is where i think they could do with a change of the rules. Golf is in essence played with honour (bullshit i hear u say)
But i think stroke rd could speed up alot if you allowed a drop if lost ball. So say ur drive goes boonge, if after looking for it you cant find it you can take a drop&2strokes where ball is believed to have landed in agreeance withh ur partners. This stops the the need to go back to tee and will have guys more happy to take a drop and cop the penalty.

Ashes
10th August 2012, 09:04 PM
That's how I play in social rounds with mates. The issue is where do they take the drop from (edge of deep rough? closest clearing?)?

bergsey
10th August 2012, 09:17 PM
So why don't we make the champs stroke?

It's not like the rounds are quick anyways and how many people pick up their ball when they can't score on the hole? I think we are playing pseudo stroke anyway....

I'm in for it

simmsy
10th August 2012, 09:23 PM
Busso is a club comp on the saturday i think.

Johnny Canuck
10th August 2012, 09:25 PM
We have said in the past we would have a stroke champs, no homo. Why not now that we have the east crew?
Ashes, 2 over on a hole is the max score for handicapping holes. 6 or 14 is the same.

Johnny Canuck
10th August 2012, 09:26 PM
Busso is a club comp on the saturday i think. So? We won't come back. Be fine if we were near the end of the field.

Ashes
10th August 2012, 09:38 PM
Must be pretty close to the end of the field if we've got 7 groups starting at 11.30!

This could be up there with my long drive handicap suggestion.... Should we have a mercy rule in case someone (me) goes full retard on a hole?

simmsy
10th August 2012, 09:52 PM
we would have to, either dbl or tpl and you would pick up.

Johnny Canuck
10th August 2012, 09:55 PM
Quad bog, max.

Shadesy
10th August 2012, 09:59 PM
Stroke from the blacks at KB may not go down to well with the club on a Sunday! They have 80 players already booked on the sunday.

If not i'm in I dont plan shooting triples in SB either.

Golfnut
10th August 2012, 10:06 PM
I'm not fussed either way but rather the few making the decision for the many....a poll would be the best way to decide.

Ned
10th August 2012, 10:07 PM
+1

Stab or Stroke, you playing off 6 still makes you the unbeatable favourite.

Ashes
10th August 2012, 10:08 PM
Does playing it as a stroke event remove any doubt as to which is the real ozgolf champs?

Johnny Canuck
10th August 2012, 10:15 PM
Stroke from the blacks at KB may not go down to well with the club on a Sunday! They have 80 players already booked on the sunday.

If not i'm in I dont plan shooting triples in SB either.

It is a social day, which to me always means stroke. Stableford and par are not complete rounds, which is why Rubin still hasn't officially broken 100 ;)

Do they ever have a marshal on a Sunday? No.

We are paying to play, we will play the game we want to play.

Johnny Canuck
10th August 2012, 10:16 PM
Does playing it as a stroke event remove any doubt as to which is the real ozgolf champs?

Gold.

Stroke and a playoff if needed. The question is answered.

idgolfguy
11th August 2012, 01:36 AM
Bingo!

sms316
11th August 2012, 02:20 AM
Bingo! Only old women play bingo.

Veefore
11th August 2012, 05:52 AM
This is where i think they could do with a change of the rules. Golf is in essence played with honour (bullshit i hear u say)
But i think stroke rd could speed up alot if you allowed a drop if lost ball. So say ur drive goes boonge, if after looking for it you cant find it you can take a drop&2strokes where ball is believed to have landed in agreeance withh ur partners. This stops the the need to go back to tee and will have guys more happy to take a drop and cop the penalty.

JMHO but the problem with taking a drop where the ball is believed to have landed is that if it had landed anywhere near there you would have found it anyway. So playing from some random, obviously wrong spot doesn't seem like a real score to me.

I'm just used to hitting a provisional any time there is the slightest doubt that the ball might be found. It doesn't really take that long and it is a "true" score then. In my usual group of choppers there would have to be at least 3 or 4 provisionals a round.

Yossarian
12th August 2012, 10:55 AM
Stroke off the tips at KB? That could be a looooooong day.

Johnny Canuck
12th August 2012, 11:00 AM
Hit provisionals, you will be fine.

Yossarian
12th August 2012, 11:01 AM
It will still be a long day. I am not complaining. Just stating a fact.

Shadesy
12th August 2012, 11:15 AM
It will still be a long day. I am not complaining. Just stating a fact.

Hit it straight..

Yossarian
12th August 2012, 11:26 AM
There is a reason I play off 18 or whatever my cap is.

simmsy
12th August 2012, 11:28 AM
i think given the history of the WA Champs and the time our rounds do take i think we should maintain the same scoring system as previous years. i would love to see us do a stroke event though, maybe a Winter Cup could come to fruition and we make that a stroke format with a ceiling score on each hole before picking up.

that's just me. if there is real want for the champs to become a stroke event i think it would need to go to a vote, and not just the opinion of 3 or 4 of us either way.

Johnny Canuck
12th August 2012, 11:32 AM
It will still be a long day. I am not complaining. Just stating a fact. Sounds like complaining. Probably won't be much longer than stableford.

sms316
12th August 2012, 11:33 AM
There is a reason I play off 18 or whatever my cap is. You hit it 350m but struggle with your putting?

bergsey
12th August 2012, 11:34 AM
Hit it straight.. Yoss has never been straight..

idgolfguy
12th August 2012, 11:41 AM
... with a ceiling score on each hole before picking up....Isnt that like stableford?Not fussed about the format.

Johnny Canuck
12th August 2012, 11:47 AM
Simmsy won't play in Winter Cups that aren't stroke, yet wants to limit this to stableford? What's the big deal? Do we have somewhere else to be by a certain time?

idgolfguy
12th August 2012, 11:59 AM
IMO the winner should be the best score based on handicapped golf. Managing the number of strokes against the shots you have. Stroke does that.

Stableford was set up so that it takes out the blowouts and keeps everyone in the game in a social context.

sms316
12th August 2012, 12:01 PM
So are carts permitted? Black or blue tees?

simmsy
12th August 2012, 12:04 PM
if you're prepared to wear a skirt without pants underneath you can take a cart.

sms316
12th August 2012, 12:08 PM
if you're prepared to wear a skirt without pants underneath you can take a cart. Sweet. Cart it is.

simmsy
12th August 2012, 12:15 PM
We look fwd to it.

Pls wax prior.

dc68
12th August 2012, 02:48 PM
Sweet. Cart it is. Spare seat?

rubin
12th August 2012, 02:53 PM
if you're prepared to wear a skirt without pants underneath you can take a cart.

Sweet. Cart it is.

We look fwd to it.

Pls wax prior.

I think im gonna yak......

Shadesy
12th August 2012, 03:19 PM
We look fwd to it.

Pls wax prior.

Speak to Watty..

sms316
12th August 2012, 03:28 PM
We look fwd to it. Pls wax prior. Wouldn't be the first time. Maybe the plucked chicken should travel to the west.

Ashes
12th August 2012, 03:44 PM
Surely carts aren't allowed at the real ozgolf champs?

mike
12th August 2012, 03:47 PM
Carts at a WA event?

Sacrilege.

simmsy
12th August 2012, 03:51 PM
Wouldn't be the first time. Maybe the plucked chicken should travel to the west.

Already here.

Golfnut
12th August 2012, 06:41 PM
Eeeeeewwwww.

simmsy
12th August 2012, 07:06 PM
Just let it be known nut, not me.

Johnny Canuck
13th August 2012, 12:05 AM
IMO the winner should be the best score based on handicapped golf. Managing the number of strokes against the shots you have. Stroke does that.

Stableford was set up so that it takes out the blowouts and keeps everyone in the game in a social context.

Smart man Vic.

Stableford was designed for hacks that can't play proper golf. The only time stableford isn't cheating is when you don't have any wipes. If you don't finish a hole, you haven't played a round of golf.

simmsy
13th August 2012, 06:31 AM
So what would we do if playing busso on the sat and we were playing stroke and the rest of the comp field is playing Stab and a club offical comes up to one of our groups and questions us or worse. There is little doubt there will be a few 8,9&10's getting racked up and it is unfair on that group getting chatted if they are having a hard time of it.

Webster
13th August 2012, 07:02 AM
Gentlemen,

Play stableford.

simmsy
13th August 2012, 07:14 AM
Commonsense, finally. Thats why they say "the wise men from the east"

JC - we will have a stroke comp. can you organize one for next winter? KB would be the place for it

Webster
13th August 2012, 07:21 AM
JC, every round is stroke for the low markers, and KB will be too hard for the choppers anyway. Plus the rounds will be quicker allowing for more bar/TAB time.

Anything else you guys need help with ?

Johnny Canuck
13th August 2012, 08:11 AM
Do we know what the comp is at Busso?

sms316
13th August 2012, 08:32 AM
Do we know what the comp is at Busso? According to their website - 2 ball ambrose.

Shadesy
13th August 2012, 08:33 AM
According to their website - 2 ball ambrose.

Wont know until 2 weeks before i've been told.

simmsy
13th August 2012, 08:52 AM
mmmm most places have it already set down. Ok wait and see.

Johnny Canuck
13th August 2012, 08:54 AM
No fixture books in bussleton? We should try and clear this up well beforehand. An Ambrose would cause some issues.

sms316
13th August 2012, 09:05 AM
We could always play stroke for the decent golfers and stableford for the choppers.

simmsy
13th August 2012, 09:32 AM
No fixture books in bussleton? We should try and clear this up well beforehand. An Ambrose would cause some issues.

Stableford

Ned
14th August 2012, 06:46 AM
Extra group for Saturday confirmed yet ?

Shadesy
17th August 2012, 12:51 PM
OK Accommodation, and extra Groups sorted for the Champs.

I need $40 from those who haven't paid as well as Full names and Golflink Numbers.

NEED THESE by FRIDAY next week - GOLFNUT :-)

With Mega Pulling out (Standard) I have a spare Spot Available if anyone else wants to join in? Oz - Golfers get priority.

Any newbies want to join in the Fun? Pieface? Daz? Fox? Couple of Newbies signed up recently??

TourFit
17th August 2012, 01:06 PM
Account details please...I'll send the $40 for accomodation ASAP.

TourFit
17th August 2012, 01:12 PM
What do you guys reckon of a 'chef' cook up on one of the nights in the common camp kitchen (Fri or Sat)...?

That way we can ALL have a drink and not worry about driving & choosing takeaway, everyone is in the same place at the same time etc etc etc. It'll also be WAAAAYYY cheaper than takeaway (0% profit margin)

I'm happy to figure out what to do for the menu, do the shopping, and then grab some money from everyone while down there. I'd squeeze a couple of large pots in the back of the TourVan so we can do a nice pasta or something.

(But I'm not bringing a pie warmer for that Shorn bloke!)

Golfnut
17th August 2012, 01:21 PM
OK Accommodation, and extra Groups sorted for the Champs.

I need $40 from those who haven't paid as well as Full names and Golflink Numbers.

NEED THESE by FRIDAY next week - GOLFNUT :-)

With Mega Pulling out (Standard) I have a spare Spot Available if anyone else wants to join in? Oz - Golfers get priority.

Any newbies want to join in the Fun? Pieface? Daz? Fox? Couple of Newbies signed up recently??

Got it - Loud and Clear

I'll need your bank details again mate.

Golfnut
17th August 2012, 01:25 PM
What do you guys reckon of a 'chef' cook up on one of the nights in the common camp kitchen (Fri or Sat)...?

That way we can ALL have a drink and not worry about driving & choosing takeaway, everyone is in the same place at the same time etc etc etc. It'll also be WAAAAYYY cheaper than takeaway (0% profit margin)

I'm happy to figure out what to do for the menu, do the shopping, and then grab some money from everyone while down there. I'd squeeze a couple of large pots in the back of the TourVan so we can do a nice pasta or something.

Didn't we think of this last year 'Fit?.......by the time we all get back (which will be late on Saturday) we won't be eating until 9'ish if we start cooking up a storm for so many people. I think it's a good idea but not sure how it'll work.....

Shadesy
17th August 2012, 01:33 PM
PM's sent!

TourFit
17th August 2012, 01:34 PM
Perhaps Friday will be a bit late, considering we're off to Binny in the arvo.

But if we do it Sat, after the comp round at Busso, there's no need for anything but finish, have a quick drink at the club and head straight back. The presentation (or scores update or whatever, can be done around the dinner table). People can shower while the cooking gets done etc.

It won't be a big issue for me mate...really. There's plenty of time on Sat morning to head into Bunbury to shop and get the stuff we need into the fridge before heading out. I may even be able to do a heap of prep in that time too. I'll get the early risin' Mrs Sims to wake me up...or perhaps The Beautiful One can throw sand in my face after he completes his morning triathlon.

simmsy
17th August 2012, 01:44 PM
sorry.....you are?

TourFit
17th August 2012, 01:51 PM
back.

simmsy
17th August 2012, 01:53 PM
good to see TF.

TourFit
17th August 2012, 01:56 PM
Ta.

sms316
17th August 2012, 02:01 PM
Welcome back TourSpit.

TourFit
17th August 2012, 02:11 PM
G'Day...Where's The Cheese?

idgolfguy
17th August 2012, 02:19 PM
G'Day...Where's The Cheese? Bit of a Peter Russell Clark fan hey?

TourFit
17th August 2012, 02:27 PM
Who, me?

Just in response to sms' avatar, ID

sms316
17th August 2012, 02:32 PM
G'Day...Where's The Cheese? dc68 cut it.

Shadesy
17th August 2012, 02:55 PM
Ok Thanks to Busselton Golf Club we actually have groupings Sorted for the Saturday. (obviously names have been changed to protect identities)

Please note that these were sent to me by Busselton Golf Club. I tweaked a few groups (changed 3 names basically) to have an even spread and hopefully keep the groups at a reasonable pace.

Please note the 2 tee split.

Feel Free to Whinge about the groups, they will fall on deaf ears. This is the OzGolf champs and playing with new people is what its all about.

I haven't thought about KB groups yet.

Also OP updated with those who are playing and Staying. Please let me know if this is correct. Don't want anyone saying a week out, Oh but i wanted to play and stay on Friday etc.

sms316
17th August 2012, 02:57 PM
Lubin will be disappointed.

Golfnut
17th August 2012, 03:03 PM
Group 1 wil love the gallery watching their every move off the tee.

Zeusgolf
17th August 2012, 03:05 PM

Only if you cook :-)

Shadesy
17th August 2012, 03:47 PM
KB groups Coming....

rubin
17th August 2012, 03:49 PM
dont mind my first group - never had an unenjoyable round when playing with IDG

hocko
17th August 2012, 03:52 PM
I had some shit rounds with him but that had nothing to do with the company!

Marto65
17th August 2012, 03:57 PM
Good to see tourfat back in the action.

Shadesy
17th August 2012, 03:58 PM
Gee We would have to be close to the Sexiest Group.... group SIXY!!

Kennedy Bay Groupings are up whilst I am on a roll. These were Randomly generated, with a few tweaks when some players were paired together on both Saturday and Sunday.

I am in group 2 so I can finish Earlier and organise the finish. (I generated the groups then placed them in the time line).

First tee-off is 10.30am, but its a public day and we are playing off the blacks. When First group is clear (past Bunkers on the First), tee off Immediately. Lets keep pace of play all day.

Again all Whines will be heard and dismissed.

Good Luck Guys and Girls... Hope the wind gets up ;-)

nudgee
17th August 2012, 04:29 PM
Without reading through 29 pages of info, I can now make this illustrious weekend if there is a spot.

Is there a spot?

Cheers

J

Shadesy
17th August 2012, 04:30 PM
Nudgeeeee....

Your in if you want it.

One Spot left.

sms316
17th August 2012, 04:34 PM
Without reading through 29 pages of info, I can now make this illustrious weekend if there is a spot.Is there a spot?CheersJBloody hell! Another easterner!

Ashes
17th August 2012, 04:34 PM
Without reading through 29 pages of info, I can now make this illustrious weekend if there is a spot.

Is there a spot?

Cheers

J

It's 29 pages of gold; worth reading through!

simmsy
17th August 2012, 04:43 PM
i use this thread for my sleep apnea!

Ashes
17th August 2012, 04:46 PM
Gee We would have to be close to the Sexiest Group.... group SIXY!!

Kennedy Bay Groupings are up whilst I am on a roll. These were Randomly generated, with a few tweaks when some players were paired together on both Saturday and Sunday.

I am in group 2 so I can finish Earlier and organise the finish. (I generated the groups then placed them in the time line).

First tee-off is 10.30am, but its a public day and we are playing off the blacks. When First group is clear (past Bunkers on the First), tee off Immediately. Lets keep pace of play all day.

Again all Whines will be heard and dismissed.

Good Luck Guys and Girls... Hope the wind gets up ;-)

I still got paired with SMS twice!! I'll have to invest in one or those ball retrievers so I don't have to bend over..

Shadesy
17th August 2012, 05:02 PM
I still got paired with SMS twice!! I'll have to invest in one or those ball retrievers so I don't have to bend over..

Dam... its hard to go through every group and find any duplicates.

I'll see what I can do.

Ashes
17th August 2012, 05:06 PM
It's no big deal Shadesy, was just making a joke. Rubes may feel jealous though?!?

Shadesy
17th August 2012, 05:11 PM
It's no big deal Shadesy, was just making a joke. Rubes may feel jealous though?!?

Easy fix... especially a new Ozgolfer like you, its good to get a feel for as many as you can.

I've never played with Bergsey, so it was a good pick that we were paired together.

I have probably missed someone else as well, somewhere.

nudgee
17th August 2012, 06:39 PM
OK I am in!!

This is gonna be a champs to remember.

Johnny Canuck
17th August 2012, 07:18 PM
OK I am in!!This is gonna be a champs to remember. In order to be in, you must read all 29 pages and complete a test.

dc68
17th August 2012, 07:27 PM
Without reading through 29 pages of info, I can now make this illustrious weekend if there is a spot.Is there a spot?CheersIJNice work Jimenez!!!!

bergsey
17th August 2012, 08:37 PM
Gee We would have to be close to the Sexiest Group.... group hell yeah!I will be there at binni fri arvo not that it probably makes a difference to arrangements.....

sms316
17th August 2012, 09:18 PM
OK I am in!!This is gonna be a champs to remember. Which flights are you going on?

rubin
18th August 2012, 06:33 PM
Ass man - a question that came up last night.

Who the **** is camo?

Johnny Canuck
18th August 2012, 06:48 PM
Last name Toe.

Shadesy
18th August 2012, 07:51 PM
NK's Hetero life partner...

Marto65
18th August 2012, 08:05 PM
NUDGEE !!!!!

Nice work mate.

Will email you on Monday with flight info.

I'm staying an extra night to play on Monday.

sms316
19th August 2012, 05:43 PM
I just forwarded the draw to Jack (who can't see it due to being neutered at the moment). He is very excited about his groups, in particular on Sunday.

rubin
19th August 2012, 06:09 PM
I just forwarded the draw to Jack (who can't see it due to being neutered at the moment). He is very excited about his groups, in particular on Sunday.

Why? Simmsy's a good bloke.

sms316
19th August 2012, 06:12 PM
Why? Simmsy's a good bloke. I'm sure Simmsy is a good bloke. Jack is genuinely excited about meeting you though Lubes.

simmsy
19th August 2012, 06:24 PM
Yeah, jack shouldn't get too excited about meeting me. I'm a right prick to be around especially over a weekend.

Shadesy
19th August 2012, 06:38 PM
Yeah, jack shouldn't get too excited about meeting me. I'm a right prick to be around especially over a weekend.

Dont walk on his line Jack.

rubin
19th August 2012, 06:40 PM
Im concerned about how much attraction sms is showing my way......

sms316
19th August 2012, 06:42 PM
Im concerned about how much attraction sms is showing my way...... This is Jack's love. I'm just the messenger.

simmsy
19th August 2012, 06:43 PM
Dont walk on his line Jack.

too right!!!

tommyg
20th August 2012, 07:39 PM
Its looking like this is almost looking like its organised.... so i guess i'd better cancel the courses i booked up north eh?

Shadesy
20th August 2012, 07:43 PM
Its looking like this is almost looking like its organised.... so i guess i'd better cancel the courses i booked up north eh?

Just book them under JC's name.

Cosmopolite
20th August 2012, 11:36 PM

nah, lets do two lots of champs (different times tho)

sms316
20th August 2012, 11:40 PM
dc can win at both venues.

Shadesy
21st August 2012, 12:24 PM

I have just Confirmed the Accomodation.

We have 6 Swiss Chalets Confirmed for Friday and 7 Confirmed on Saturday. Because Ashes has decided to miss the best bit for one on his English mates Birthdays, the 3 person chalet is still first dibs to Hocko, ID and Crew to pay the extra for the extra space.

Whilst i confirmed this, The Bunbury Holiday Park said they would put on a Sausage Sizzle and Burger Night for us on the Friday. $2-3 a sausage and Drink and all proceeds to the Starlight Foundation. I said this would be a great idea, as we will most likely be a bit late from Binny and some (mainly me and Tommy G) may be a bit tanked up already.

Obviously if you want to do your own thing go ahead, but the park was kind enough to do this for us and it would be nice to sit around have a few laughs at Lubin's Topped Drive from the First at Binny and a few cans whilst helping a good cause.

Shadesy
21st August 2012, 12:33 PM
Slight Change to the Groupings...Now with more Nudgee.

Marto65
21st August 2012, 12:34 PM
I have just Confirmed the Accomodation.

We have 6 Swiss Chalets Confirmed for Friday and 7 Confirmed on Saturday. Because Ashes has decided to miss the best bit for one on his English mates Birthdays, the 3 person chalet is still first dibs to Hocko, ID and Crew to pay the extra for the extra space.

Whilst i confirmed this, The Bunbury Holiday Park said they would put on a Sausage Sizzle and Burger Night for us on the Friday. $2-3 a sausage and Drink and all proceeds to the Starlight Foundation. I said this would be a great idea, as we will most likely be a bit late from Binny and some (mainly me and Tommy G) may be a bit tanked up already.

Obviously if you want to do your own thing go ahead, but the park was kind enough to do this for us and it would be nice to sit around have a few laughs at Lubin's Top Drive from the First at Binny and a few cans whilst helping a good cause.

Sounds like a great idea ... well done mate.

Johnny Canuck
21st August 2012, 12:48 PM
Will there be enough food, or will Rubes try to hide all the sausages?

sms316
21st August 2012, 01:04 PM
Will there be enough food, or will Rubes try to hide all the sausages? Gold.

Marto65
21st August 2012, 02:09 PM
You dont have Nudgee in at Busso yet ...

Shadesy
21st August 2012, 02:14 PM
You dont have Nudgee in at Busso yet ...

Oops didn't update.

simmsy
21st August 2012, 03:55 PM
Good work shades.

Ferrins
22nd August 2012, 09:31 AM
Hope yours runs smoother than the East Coast Champs which is going a bit pear shaped.

simmsy
22nd August 2012, 09:43 AM
As smooth as shadesy's peach fuzz on his cheeky cheeks.

Shadesy
22nd August 2012, 09:49 AM
I've been able to get another Group in for the Friday Pre-champs round, so all good here ;-)

Feel for Shavey...

simmsy
22nd August 2012, 10:01 AM
Plucked??

Shadesy
23rd August 2012, 04:23 PM
Green Fees

All Fees must be paid ON THE DAY. I will not be collecting any Green Fees BEFORE THE DAY.

I will find out Exact prices, so please make sure you have the exact money or Card Available. Please note Binningup is CASH ONLY.

Please keep and eye on the OP with the Prices as I have them confirmed. At this stage, they are Correct.

Shadesy

TourFit
23rd August 2012, 04:42 PM
Great work Shadey! This has gone swimmingly so far. You are a credit to organisational skills.

If Friday night is taken care of at the park (and we can raise a little dough for Charity) then that's brilliant. It'll make it so much easier after returning from Binny in the dark...and JC will turn up late again and miss out on all the sausages (sms, dc and myself will no doubt polish them off; hocko will eat his fill of one and Lubin will insert his)

So how you fellas feel about me offering to cook on SATURDAY night? We can just divvy up the total cost by the number of heads at the end.

sms316
23rd August 2012, 05:42 PM
If you are keen to do it then I'm all for it as long as you aren't making some poofo commy homo vegetarian dish.

Shadesy
23rd August 2012, 05:49 PM
Great work Shadey! This has gone swimmingly so far. You are a credit to organisational skills.

If Friday night is taken care of at the park (and we can raise a little dough for Charity) then that's brilliant. It'll make it so much easier after returning from Binny in the dark...and JC will turn up late again and miss out on all the sausages (sms, dc and myself will no doubt polish them off; hocko will eat his fill of one and Lubin will insert his)

So how you fellas feel about me offering to cook on SATURDAY night? We can just divvy up the total cost by the number of heads at the end.

Fit, this is a great idea and I appreciate the thought.

We had this last year and realize some people will want to do their own thing as well for food.

I suggest starting another thread (i have sought Mod approval to start threads on the WA Champs) and let people put their interest forward and pay you direct.

Then People have the choice and you know what your dealing with.

veeman
24th August 2012, 08:16 AM
I can cook as well... If you want a hand Fit I will only be too happy to help

idgolfguy
24th August 2012, 10:39 AM
Cool a cooking matchplay. You both are about the same HC.

TourFit
24th August 2012, 11:37 AM
If you join in Vic, we'll all be similar HC and Height!

OzGolf MasterChef. Could be a close call... although I can't play guitar, and my balls aren't chocolate!

veeman
24th August 2012, 11:47 AM
I am out touch..so you win but willing to be your apprentice

TourFit
24th August 2012, 11:50 AM
Between you & me Vee...we will cook up a storm!

Much better than the takeaway stuff, and JC taking an hour to get back.

idgolfguy
24th August 2012, 12:31 PM
If you join in Vic, we'll all be similar HC and Height!OzGolf MasterChef. Could be a close call... although I can't play guitar, and my balls aren't chocolate! Can I pre cook and freeze and bring it up. Simple Bryani rice.More interested in playing golf.

Johnny Canuck
24th August 2012, 12:52 PM
Between you & me Vee...we will cook up a storm!Much better than the takeaway stuff, and JC taking an hour to get back. I didn't get lost, I wasn't driving and we were given the wrong trailer park.

veeman
24th August 2012, 12:55 PM
What would you me to do CHEF

sms316
24th August 2012, 12:58 PM
What would you me to do CHEF Chicken with the salmonella sauce.

Shadesy
24th August 2012, 01:10 PM
Cooking got its own thread Yet?

veeman
24th August 2012, 03:48 PM
Cooking got its own thread Yet?

why?

Shadesy
24th August 2012, 04:21 PM
why?

Because not everyone wants to be in the Cooking, and some want to do their own thing for food.If money is needed to be collected, it should be done in its own Thread and perhaps not miss Important announcements about the champs or Pearls of Wisdom from Yoss.

Just a suggestion, but I'll leave it up to Fit. I think it would be good to get a list of those who want to be involved.

Nice too see you posting V MAN!

simmsy
24th August 2012, 04:46 PM
Vman must have got a message from the purple circle about certain criteria.

Johnny Canuck
24th August 2012, 10:48 PM
Vman must have got a message from the purple circle about certain criteria. How did Rube's ass message Veeman?

veeman
24th August 2012, 11:10 PM
Vman must have got a message from the purple circle about certain criteria.

Not too many to go then.... a simmsy