PDA

View Full Version : What about the 4 LIVE to AIR F WORDS!!!

jaster
2nd October 2005, 08:18 PM
HAHAHA..I pissed my self....that is so funny.... :lol: :smt046 :smt043 :smt044 :smt042

Jarro
2nd October 2005, 08:20 PM
stupid channel 9 for not having the commentary on a 30 second delay :roll:

can't blame the players .... it's what all the training and bumps and bruises is about ..... WINNING THE ****ING PREMIERSHIP

jaster
2nd October 2005, 08:21 PM
Another one just got dropped....HAHAH

Jarro
2nd October 2005, 08:31 PM
wonder if it's too late to catch a flight to Cambletown :wink:

should be plenty of action around there tonight :smt112 :smt061 :smt016 :smt030

jaster
2nd October 2005, 08:48 PM
:lol:

cazandpaul
3rd October 2005, 08:50 AM
It's easy to blame channel 9 but the players have a responsibility to the fans especially the young ones who look up to these guys as heroes - no one ever accused football players of being smart and this has once again proved it.

Haven't heard Tiger, The Shark, Roger Federer etc carry on like that after winning a major.

Golfgirl
3rd October 2005, 09:18 AM
My thoughts too, Paul, but I must admit that it did make me laugh... :roll: And MJ looked like he was trying really hard not to as well... :wink:

Jarro
3rd October 2005, 09:34 AM
geez, you're a hard crowd :roll:

poor guys bust their arse all year, get smashed from pillar to post, end up winning the penultimate prize in Rugby League ... then accidently let out a few F words that you'd hear on any school playground around Australia :P

give 'em a break guys ..... TV cameras should NEVER be allowed onto the ground immediately after a big game .... give the players a chance to compose themselves a bit before making them air their feelings to the whole bloody world.

AndyP
3rd October 2005, 10:13 AM
F-word is overrated in it's offensiveness. It's too commonly used now.

And no, I'm not changing the swear filter.

3oneday
3rd October 2005, 10:26 AM
Matty Johns was a funny bloke a while back but I am seriously all Matty John's out...talk about over exposed..sheesh. :roll:I hate agreeing with you twice in one year, but as soon as I saw him at the start of the coverage I thought of Phil Mickelson :D he had that gawd awful silly looking grin on his face :P :x

Pete

AndyP
3rd October 2005, 10:32 AM
Matty Johns was a funny bloke a while back but I am seriously all Matty John's out...talk about over exposed..sheesh. :roll:I hate agreeing with you twice in one year, but as soon as I saw him at the start of the coverage I thought of Phil Mickelson  :D he had that gawd awful silly looking grin on his face  :P  :x
And man-boobs?

jaster
3rd October 2005, 11:18 AM
I agree...Matt Johns and PM...over them both...grinning fools

Jarro
3rd October 2005, 12:15 PM
Sorry to be so facious mate ....but I think you mean Ultimate Prize ?

is that an actual word ... or did you just make that one up :smt017

BrisVegas
3rd October 2005, 12:28 PM
I'm gonna guess he meant "Fascist" not "facetious"

jaster
3rd October 2005, 01:08 PM
:lol:

mike
3rd October 2005, 03:18 PM
I think the F's weren't that bad. Not as shocking these days compared to Sam Backo letting them fly all those years ago. :lol:

Matty Johns is a breath of fresh air in that putrid, stinking gunge pit of commentators channel 9 have on board.

The thing I miss most about not having Fox anymore is having to put up with this bunch of tossers every time I watch the footy.

And this business of cutting to an ad as soon as a try is scored is making me ROOOLY mad.

BTW, best commentator on earth is Warren Boland. Closely followed by that guy that used to call the league on ABC radio before David Morrow. I can't think of his name at the moment but it'll come to me. Used to be on that sports show on the ABC. I can't remember the name of that either. But that sheila that was on the Footy show for a week before being kicked off was on that show too. So was Kerry O'Keefe. And Dr Turf.

Can anybody think of his name ? This is driving me mad now.

CobraSS
3rd October 2005, 04:04 PM
Peter Wilkins ?

mike
3rd October 2005, 04:24 PM
Peter Wilkins ?

That's him.

Thanks.

Fishman Dan
3rd October 2005, 08:46 PM
Sitting with my in-laws, we've got links to the Lafranchi's (Anthony's mum catered for my wedding). The mother in law was in hysterics when he dropped the F-bomb...

And who could care less - he scored a try in the Grand Final, and bloody deserves it. Provoked an on-air apology from Rabbit's too.. quality TV.

Virgal_Tracy
4th October 2005, 09:41 AM
The big thing that's being played on is not that they let it drop but we had the AFL the week before and it wasn't dropped once. How many times has a Grant Hackett or Thorpie dropped it.

All it has done is give ammunition to those that say that leagies are brain dead neanderthals. Having said that Iwould really like there to be more exposure to how much charity work these guys do and their visits to childrens hospitals which rarely gets a mention. I think the majority of the players are well in credit to allow for a bit of swearing.

AndyP
4th October 2005, 09:47 AM
The big thing that's being played on is not that they let it drop but we had the AFL the week before and it wasn't dropped once.
Would you be able to tell if Tadgh Kennelly dropped the F-word? :mrgreen:

3oneday
4th October 2005, 09:53 AM
Does Fishys avatar of Barry Hall look the spitting image of Clive James ????

:lol: :lol: