10th July 2012, 04:13 PM
Pm sent.

rubin
10th July 2012, 04:16 PM
Pm sent.

replied

Captain Nemo
10th July 2012, 04:21 PM
FWIW, I sold mine for $165 shipped, JAT.......;)

rubin
10th July 2012, 04:27 PM
what if i said mine was tour issued or a TP model? ;)

Johnny Canuck
10th July 2012, 04:28 PM
I take it these bite?

Captain Nemo
10th July 2012, 04:28 PM
Put it in the O.P!
:lol:

rubin
10th July 2012, 04:35 PM
I take it these bite?

not really.

they would be spectacular tool for clubmakers (hocko, TF, Virge etc) as it shows quite accurately lie angles at impact swing paths etc. I'm not 100% sold on the actual numbers it provides but.

For me though, i don't know if there is much point to them.

tommyg
10th July 2012, 04:42 PM
... did it show you the difference between one of your good drives and one of your slightly more ....um ...errant ones? ie where you go wrong when local infrastructure is in danger?

rubin
10th July 2012, 04:49 PM
... did it show you the difference between one of your good drives and one of your slightly more ....um ...errant ones? ie where you go wrong when local infrastructure is in danger?

dunno - only used it on a range. And my swing has evolved significantly from when we last played.

simmsy
10th July 2012, 05:44 PM
not really.

they would be spectacular tool for clubmakers (hocko, TF, Virge etc) as it shows quite accurately lie angles at impact swing paths etc. I'm not 100% sold on the actual numbers it provides but.

For me though, i don't know if there is much point to them.

did it provide numbers that were not as fast as you would like?

GSP
10th July 2012, 05:52 PM
Mine told me i wasnt as good as i thought i was

rubin
10th July 2012, 05:55 PM
honest to god, I did not even look at SS.

one of the numbers was saying the club face was 14* open, to an 8* in to out swing path, yet the ball had a very nice little draw to it.

popper81
10th July 2012, 05:58 PM

one of the numbers was saying the club face was 14* open, to an 8* in to out swing path, yet the ball had a very nice little draw to it.

Isn't that what Virge was talking about... Open club face for draws, closed for fades.. It works too, I tried it. :)

rubin
10th July 2012, 06:00 PM
Isn't that what Virge was talking about... Open club face for draws, closed for fades.. It works to, I tried it. :)

if thats correct, then i apologise for my previous statement.

simmsy
10th July 2012, 06:10 PM

yeah, ok.

rubin
10th July 2012, 06:14 PM
yeah, ok.

it may be difficult to believe - but no BS on that one. I didn't get it for SS measurements.

popper81
10th July 2012, 06:15 PM
if thats correct, then i apologise for my previous statement.

Search how to hit fade and draws.... Here is the link Virge posted : http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/ball_flight_laws

I can't find the orginal thread, jack and virge had a great 'discussion'. Was interesting reading :)

FWIW I have mucked about with this on the range/practice, and it works... it is a massive mind &^T* though.

rubin
10th July 2012, 06:17 PM
Search how to hit fade and draws.... Here is the link Virge posted : http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/ball_flight_laws

I can't find the orginal thread, jack and virge had a great 'discussion'. Was interesting reading :)

FWIW I have mucked about with this on the range/practice, and it works... it is a massive mind &^T* though.

the annoying thing about it though, it gives the description i.e push/fade, or push etc, i hit a deliberate dirty rope hook, and it still said push/fade.

Captain Nemo
10th July 2012, 06:52 PM
the annoying thing about it though, it gives the description i.e push/fade, or push etc, i hit a deliberate dirty rope hook, and it still said push/fade.

That's what I found as well.
I'd deliberately try and hit massive big ropey hooks, all the readings where the same....

Shadesy
10th July 2012, 07:01 PM

Isn't that what Virge was talking about... Open club face for draws, closed for fades.. It works too, I tried it. :)

Yep Popper81 is Right....guess what...you hit a perfect draw here.

Yossarian
10th July 2012, 07:25 PM

Sure.

PeteyD
10th July 2012, 07:31 PM
not quite right unless I misunderstand the figures above -

The true ball flight laws tell us that a push-draw (G) is a result of an open clubface with a swing path that's more inside-out than the clubface is open. For example, if the clubface is 3° open at impact but the swing path is 6° inside-out, the ball will start right (open clubface relative to the target) and curve left (closed clubface relative to the swing path).

Daves
10th July 2012, 07:35 PM
This discussion would probably be more useful in the Swingbyte discussion thread. Though I understand the attraction of thread bombing Lubin.;)

rubin
10th July 2012, 07:44 PM
Keep it up. Easy thread bumps.

Still for sale btw.

Shadesy
11th July 2012, 08:54 AM
not quite right unless I misunderstand the figures above -

The true ball flight laws tell us that a push-draw (G) is a result of an open clubface with a swing path that's more inside-out than the clubface is open. For example, if the clubface is 3° open at impact but the swing path is 6° inside-out, the ball will start right (open clubface relative to the target) and curve left (closed clubface relative to the swing path).

Yep right you are.. My Apologies Rubin. What the hell did Rubes hit then, a block slice?

rubin
11th July 2012, 09:02 AM
sold btw

Yossarian
11th July 2012, 09:20 AM
Yep right you are.. My Apologies Rubin. What the hell did Rubes hit then,

The carpark?