PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Beginner looking for Membership for development

MaltyWhench
10th July 2012, 02:16 PM
I am hoping for some advice from the community, especially those with Brisbane experience.

I am 28yr old and just beginning to take up golf. I have had a couple of lessons and I am keen to join a club and keep up the coaching. My main motivation for joining a club is to develop an ongoing program with a resident pro/s and being a member, I am hoping there are some added benefits I may be able to have access to. So essentially, I want a club that (in this order):

1. Has a good training program for new golfers
2. Is less than $3,000p.a.
3. Has programs that are designed for members rather than everyone
4. Is a good course to be a member of (easy to get on, friendly community, good course)

I have an uncle at Brisbane GC which reduces the subs to $500, so good value, but I am more inclined to join a club for development rather than to save $$.

sms316
10th July 2012, 02:17 PM
Which suburb do you live in?

MaltyWhench
10th July 2012, 04:11 PM
SMS, I live in Bulimba, East side, south of the river (just)

Jarro
10th July 2012, 04:13 PM
Nudgee G.C is just over the bridge (Northside)

A nice friendly club with very easy-going members ;)

dc68
11th July 2012, 05:48 PM
Pacific. Best teaching pros in Brisbane. Nudgee members are easy going cos you never see them in the club house. ;)

Ferrins
11th July 2012, 05:54 PM
Is this a marketing survey?

Jarro
11th July 2012, 06:07 PM
Pacific. Best teaching pros in Brisbane. Nudgee members are easy going cos you never see them in the club house. ;)

You mustn't have very good eyesight :p

MaltyWhench
12th July 2012, 02:12 PM
No marketing survey. I just want to play some golf and get better :) thanks for the input guys, still weighing up Nudgee and BGC.