PDA

View Full Version : Found: Cheap set of sticks for a beginner

Peppas
9th July 2012, 11:42 AM
My old man has been wanting to take up golf, and I lent him a set of clubs but they are too much for him. Does anyone have anything they are looking to move? Hopefully some forgiving game improvement irons with reg shafts. Would prefer pickup and cheap or a trade if possible, seeing as I dunno how long he will want to take this up for (think he's bored seeing as he's not working atm). So don't need anything flash!

I have for trade:
Bridgestone J33 CB 4-SW with stiff nippon shafts
Taylormade Burner 07 10.5 degree stiff flex fujikura 50g re-ax shaft, no headcover

Thanks in advance :)

chappy1970
9th July 2012, 11:57 AM
Peppas,
I have some Titleist 804.OS 3-PW in VGC for there age, they do have stiff shafts in them, but would be ideal for the old man.

$100 posted to you, can add a TM putter and Hogan hybrid for a few more bucks if you are interested

Chappy

Peppas
9th July 2012, 12:51 PM
Peppas,
I have some Titleist 804.OS 3-PW in VGC for there age, they do have stiff shafts in them, but would be ideal for the old man.

$100 posted to you, can add a TM putter and Hogan hybrid for a few more bucks if you are interested

Chappy

Thanks Chappy, would prefer something with reg shafts though as then I wouldn't have to sort out reshafting... the stiff nippons are too much for him.

Peppas
9th July 2012, 12:52 PM
I have a set of TM 200's. Good sticks.
I can probably find and old driver and wilson 5 wood and putter to make a set.
I could probablt mail it to the Gong for under the ton.

Cheers mate, do they have reg shafts?

I've given him a suitable driver and putter, and you just reminded me I have a old 3 wood he could use as well so he's set for all that...

rqrox
9th July 2012, 01:39 PM
Pep's,
I have a set of fake callaway X-22's with graphite shafts. They hit really well and are basically new.
They come with a ( Fake again) Callaway bag and I'll throw in a reg flex TM r5 Driver
If your interested they cost you a case of Heineken and I'll bring them next Friday.

Ferrins
9th July 2012, 02:10 PM
Got a set of Callaway x16 irons with uniflex or Cobra 3100h with reg Nippon, happy to work out some sort of trade for the Bridgestone J36 irons. The Cobra irons have new pure grips on them.http://www.ebay.com/itm/KING-COBRA-3100-I-H-3-PW-IRON-SET-N-S-PRO-REGULAR-FLEX-USED-RH-/220882063705?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item336d98d159

Peppas
9th July 2012, 02:35 PM
Pep's,
I have a set of fake callaway X-22's with graphite shafts. They hit really well and are basically new.
They come with a ( Fake again) Callaway bag and I'll throw in a reg flex TM r5 Driver
If your interested they cost you a case of Heineken and I'll bring them next Friday.

I dunno, is graphite good? He's not THAT old yet, he's only 52... I was thinking regular steel shafts and then if he really needed them and wanted to play then graphite shafts... he's still pretty fit and active...

virge666
9th July 2012, 04:19 PM
How about the tour issue Slingshot 4

R300 shafts and $150 for the lot.

for $30 extra - a 56 degree vokey as well.

rqrox
9th July 2012, 04:20 PM
No pressure mate...I hit them OK.

virge666
9th July 2012, 04:22 PM
OK hows this.

the irons, the Vokey 56 or 54

I have some Srixon 3,5,hybrid in MSteel
Cleveland 9.0 degree driver... though you may want more loft... have an adams speedline 10.5 head and can put in a lightweight shaft... may have to check with the old owner first...

what else am i missing... Putter ?

Even have an old UST carry bag.

Peppas
10th July 2012, 09:41 AM
Thanks guys, now sorted!