PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Champs Committee

sms316
7th July 2012, 06:39 AM
Pelican Waters have moved their club champs and now the third round coincides with round one of the OZgolf champs. can I play the cubbies in the morning and play the OG champs in the arvo?

Jarro
7th July 2012, 06:41 AM
I wouldn't think so ??

That's cheating.

sms316
7th July 2012, 06:44 AM
I wouldn't think so ??That's cheating. It would be cheating if I did it without asking.

markTHEblake
7th July 2012, 07:48 AM
Easy solution. Your morning round score counts for Ozgolf. In the afternoon you can act as our rules official to make sure no one cheats.

sms316
7th July 2012, 07:49 AM
Only if the afternoon round play off the blacks. Or can I play off the blues on Sunday?

sms316
7th July 2012, 07:53 AM
Actually being the third round it will be seeded so I'm screwed anyway.

Jarro
7th July 2012, 08:09 AM
I thought PeteyD was the man to put the coin on ??

Webster
7th July 2012, 01:35 PM
Will everyone using an iPhone as a dmd at the champs be disqualified?

BroKar
7th July 2012, 01:54 PM
I plan on using it this year, didn't last year, but have used on every course since

Webster
7th July 2012, 01:58 PM
Using it in comps Brokar?

BroKar
7th July 2012, 01:59 PM
Yeah mate, every week, only golf related item that I still have from 12 months ago

Webster
7th July 2012, 02:02 PM
So you are in breach of the rules every time you used it and DQ'd yourself?

BroKar
7th July 2012, 02:10 PM
Incorrect most places allow and don't have an issue

Webster
7th July 2012, 02:13 PM
Wrong. It's breaking the rules of golf and you know it. To knowingly do so is cheating.

sms316
7th July 2012, 02:17 PM
Incorrect most places allow and don't have an issue Do these places have the right to overrule the R&A?

BroKar
7th July 2012, 02:19 PM
Incorrect most places allow and don't have an issue

As stated above

Webster
7th July 2012, 02:22 PM
As stated above

As stated above you are wrong. No club can overrule what is a clearly defined rule of golf - you cannot use an iPhone as a DMD in competition golf.

BroKar
7th July 2012, 02:23 PM
Link jack? Didn't bother you at Wantima, should have DQ'd me

Webster
7th July 2012, 02:33 PM
Were you using one at Wantima? I don't recall. In any event, not up to me to DQ you - that's for the committee to do.

Decision 14-3/0.5 covers it all. Very clear.

Devices and applications already tested and known to be non-conforming (note this is not a comprehensive list)

Smart Phones
IPhone 3GS (Unistallable Compass)
IPhone 4 (Unistallable Compass)

AndyP
7th July 2012, 03:06 PM
It has been discussed here plenty of times and there are several threads on it. It is a stupid rule, but you are breaking the rules.

mike
7th July 2012, 03:38 PM
Were you using one at Wantima? I don't recall. In any event, not up to me to DQ you - that's for the committee to do.

Decision 14-3/0.5 covers it all. Very clear.

Devices and applications already tested and known to be non-conforming (note this is not a comprehensive list)

Smart Phones
IPhone 3GS (Unistallable Compass)
IPhone 4 (Unistallable Compass)So my 4S is ok?

Webster
7th July 2012, 03:58 PM
Does it have a compass on it?

(what i posted, and what you quoted, was from earlier this year, probably pre 4S).

mike
7th July 2012, 04:33 PM
It has a compass but I don't know where it is.

Would that hold up as a defence?

Webster
7th July 2012, 04:45 PM
No.

Its probably under the utilities button.

Captain Nemo
7th July 2012, 07:45 PM
Pelican Waters have moved their club champs and now the third round coincides with round one of the OZgolf champs. can I play the cubbies in the morning and play the OG champs in the arvo?

I vote yes.
We are not playing for sheep stations, ffs.....:roll:

LeftyHoges
8th July 2012, 08:43 AM
I would also vote yes but it seems it doesn't matter with the seedings. That's a bit of bad luck SMS but at least they didn't make the fourth round the Sunday!

sms316
8th July 2012, 08:47 AM
I would also vote yes but it seems it doesn't matter with the seedings. That's a bit of bad luck SMS but at least they didn't make the fourth round the Sunday! I may get out of the seedings, but that is something for later.

popper81
8th July 2012, 08:48 AM
Seems you could just play bad, miss the seedings... Easy fixed, and with current form, shouldn't be too hard.... You're welcome :)

Marto65
8th July 2012, 09:30 AM
What does it matter ... they should just let your first round count towards the champs. We cant help where you tee off from...

Besides ... local knowledge will get you through ..

sms316
8th July 2012, 10:15 AM
Seems you could just play bad, miss the seedings... Easy fixed, and with current form, shouldn't be too hard.... You're welcome :) Full field seeding.

markTHEblake
8th July 2012, 12:34 PM
Suck it up, :-) i am playing club champs on the saturday, sometimes we all gotta make a choice.

sms316
8th July 2012, 12:44 PM
I'll just play my first round off the blacks in the clubbies. If that is not acceptable, consider me to be a withdrawal. I think I've played two clubbies since the turn of the millennium so this year it will take priority.

PeteyD
8th July 2012, 01:44 PM
Doesn't bother me Seamus.

markTHEblake
8th July 2012, 02:13 PM
So basically SMS can get smashed and heckle everyone else. So not much difference then....

PeteyD
8th July 2012, 02:18 PM
yep, plus no one has to play with him on Saturday

Jarro
8th July 2012, 02:34 PM
yep, plus no one has to play with him on Saturday

Bonus

Sydney Hacker
8th July 2012, 02:38 PM
Not that I will be there, but surely you can't play off different tees then the rest of the field?

I would expect such a moral bastion of the game to expect no less... Next he will pulling out a belly putter on the first green.

Eag's
8th July 2012, 04:00 PM
Not that I will be there, but surely you can't play off different tees then the rest of the field?

I would expect such a moral bastion of the game to expect no less... Next he will pulling out a belly putter on the first green.

He would have to borrow a Robert Garrigus putter to manage that ;)

jaybam
8th July 2012, 04:21 PM
You can play in the morning and afternoon comp fields at some courses but only your first found counts. Dq him.

sms316
8th July 2012, 05:38 PM
Not that I will be there, but surely you can't play off different tees then the rest of the field?I would expect such a moral bastion of the game to expect no less... Next he will pulling out a belly putter on the first green. Pretty simple. The OZgolf champs is not a comp. if I have to pull out of the OG champs to placate the masses then so be it.

shazza_rs
8th July 2012, 05:41 PM
I'd say you're out of the ozgolf champs SMS.

sms316
8th July 2012, 05:42 PM
I'd say you're out of the ozgolf champs SMS. No drama. The WA Champs is a bigger event anyway.

Shadesy
8th July 2012, 05:51 PM
No drama. The WA Champs is a bigger event anyway.

Surely playing on the same day at the same course means your score counts?

I'd like to say we are less strict, but you haven't met JC yet.

sms316
8th July 2012, 05:54 PM
Surely playing on the same day at the same course means your score counts?I'd like to say we are less strict, but you haven't met JC yet. Same venue, but I would be playing off the black tees instead of the blue. The added 500m or so would obviously be an advantage for me.

jaybam
8th July 2012, 05:57 PM
SMS you would be a ****ing bug fat cheat. End of story :)

Eag's
8th July 2012, 06:00 PM
Was that said with a Kiwi accent JB? ;)

jaybam
8th July 2012, 06:01 PM
Either that or a drunk one lol

jaybam
8th July 2012, 06:01 PM
Stupid fat fingers and the iPad lol

shazza_rs
8th July 2012, 06:02 PM
No drama. The WA Champs is a bigger event anyway.

I don't have the final say. It was just my opinion.

sms316
SMS you would be a ****ing bug fat cheat. End of story :) Your missus really needs to go and get another special haircut.

Eag's
I agree with Shaz, it's a no go Shaun.

jaybam
She did that today for me while I was at work. Thanks for the concern though

Shadesy
8th July 2012, 06:05 PM
Obviously scared you might win it SMS and deprive themselves of a merit bar?

BroKar
8th July 2012, 06:11 PM
Surely everyone is kidding yeah? SMS score from first round should count or can play in the afternoon, it's a social round yeah?

I must be missing something

peter_rs
8th July 2012, 06:12 PM
The tees are not a problem

The oz golf precedent says your round would count only if another ozgolfer played with you.

He can back up and play two rounds

timah!
8th July 2012, 06:20 PM
I'll play off the blacks with him in the arvo...If someone wants to give me a broomy i'll use that to put him off if that helps... :lol:

Seriously, why can't we just play blacks on Sat and Blues on Sunday....or Blacks on both?

sms316
8th July 2012, 06:21 PM
Club request I believe. Social group playing in the middle of a comp field so they would have pace of play concerns.

kev
8th July 2012, 06:31 PM
I can play off the reds if it'll help speed things up.

Captain Nemo
8th July 2012, 09:33 PM
Are you guys all serious?
Surely SMS wouldnt be allowed carts in the Club Champs, so that would work to everyones advantage, he might be buggered in the arvo!
I thought this is supposed to be a get together about golf?
I'm certainly not going up there with the intent of winning, or playing super golf.
It's all about getting away from the wife and kids, playing golf, punting like a madman and getting on the can......please!:shock:

BrisVegas
9th July 2012, 01:59 PM
It'd be a shame to see another person drop out of the champs. It's already a pretty low turnout. :-(

I got no problem with his club champs round score (off a 500m longer course) counting towards the ozgolf champs.

Webster
9th July 2012, 02:03 PM
Vegas, is the fathers days clash the reason why the numbers are down this year (I'd be there if it werent that weekend)?

BrisVegas
9th July 2012, 02:13 PM
no idea Jack. Talking to shavey the other week and he said there were only about 24 starters. Maybe there's gonna be a last minute rush? Fathers Day would also be an issue for sure.

I can only speak for me, but golf's taken a bit of a back seat this year. Perhaps others are in a similar boat?

LeftyHoges
9th July 2012, 02:30 PM
Weak. I'm coming, isn't that enough incentive?

(Or is that why everyone is staying away?)

And Titleist is spot on, why the hell are we worried about what score he might shoot? He's playing the course 500m longer than we are, and if he has to play twice, how often do you guys go out and play 36 holes and do better the next round?

I'll put $5 on it that if we force him to play 36 his club champ round in the morning (if that's when it falls) would be the better score. Good on him if that's how it turns out.

You don't think he's really going to be a threat on Sunday, do you? ;)

jaybam
Have stated many times Jack that is the only reason i am not going. A shame the dates have clashed like they did.

Marto65
Re the SMS Situation ...

I've always been told that the Ozgolf Champs "Aint about the Golf".

Apparently though .... now it's about the golf?

I have no issues with SMS playing off the Black Tees in his Club Champs. He'll be too nervous to break 85.

Shazza plays off different tees, doesn't she?

ddasey
9th July 2012, 02:32 PM
I have no issues with SMS playing off the Black Tees in his Club Champs. He'll be too nervous to break 85.

He would if he used a Broomy...

LeftyHoges
9th July 2012, 02:39 PM
If it was about the golf then a playoff would decide the winner !

Oh snap!

sms316
9th July 2012, 02:43 PM
Weak. I'm coming, isn't that enough incentive?(Or is that why everyone is staying away?)And Titleist is spot on, why the hell are we worried about what score he might shoot? He's playing the course 500m longer than we are, and if he has to play twice, how often do you guys go out and play 36 holes and do better the next round?I'll put $5 on it that if we force him to play 36 his club champ round in the morning (if that's when it falls) would be the better score. Good on him if that's how it turns out.You don't think he's really going to be a threat on Sunday, do you? ;) Do you realise how many beers can be consumed in 36 holes?

LeftyHoges
9th July 2012, 02:49 PM
Do you realise how many beers can be consumed in 36 holes?

My record is 21. But by the end of that I was basically asking my playing partners to drag me along by my feet and using my tongue as a rudder to steer.

I'm assuming though if this is only your third crack at the club champs in 12 or so years that you'll be taking it half seriously and restricting yourself to 6 to 8 beers for the morning round. That'll leave the obligatory dozen or so for the second round.

So I'm tipping you for 20.

Eag's
9th July 2012, 03:23 PM
To be honest, I really don't care either way if Sms plays twice on the Sat.

I've got a few issues with my hesitance and Fathers Day is just one of them.

Same here Rich, I will be missing my first Champs ever as things stand right now.

Captain Nemo
9th July 2012, 03:30 PM
Re the SMS Situation ...

I've always been told that the Ozgolf Champs "Aint about the Golf".

Apparently though .... now it's about the golf?

Snap!:lol:

Captain Nemo
9th July 2012, 03:31 PM
Weak. I'm coming, isn't that enough incentive?

(Or is that why everyone is staying away?)

And Titleist is spot on, why the hell are we worried about what score he might shoot? He's playing the course 500m longer than we are, and if he has to play twice, how often do you guys go out and play 36 holes and do better the next round?

I'll put $5 on it that if we force him to play 36 his club champ round in the morning (if that's when it falls) would be the better score. Good on him if that's how it turns out.

You don't think he's really going to be a threat on Sunday, do you? ;)

Put me in a group with Lefty, sounds like fun!;)

BrisVegas
9th July 2012, 03:32 PM
Same here Rich, I will be missing my first Champs ever as things stand right now.

Rich, you can join me in the "couldn't be arsed about golf at the moment but don't want to break my streak of champs starts" boat. :wink:

PeteyD
9th July 2012, 03:57 PM
FWIW I think SMS's morning score can count if he wants it to. It is only the OG champs, not the open. If DC's ball can get ice-capaded ...

shazza_rs
9th July 2012, 04:01 PM

Snap!:lol:

But the difference is the other ladies (yes there is more than just me playing) all tee from the same place.

Yes the weekend is about catching up with new and old friends but the reason we all know is other is because of golf. If the golf didn't matter the ozgolf champion would be crowned after a game of "coin against the wall".

Captain Nemo
9th July 2012, 04:06 PM
But the difference is the other ladies (yes there is more than just me playing) all tee from the same place.

Yes the weekend is about catching up with new and old friends but the reason we all know is other is because of golf. If the golf didn't matter the ozgolf champion would be crowned after a game of "coin against the wall".

Can we get a market framed up on this.......:lol:

shavey
9th July 2012, 04:07 PM
If the golf didn't matter the ozgolf champion would be crowned after a game of "coin against the wall".

I'm no hope then!

As being part of the governing committee (if there ever was a thing) SMS has my vote for his afternoon round count just as per normal. He'll be hitting completely different shots in and if you've seen him putt, the numerous three jabs in the morning will work against him.

That's it, I've spoken so you can now close the thread! 8)

sms316
9th July 2012, 04:37 PM
I'm no hope then!As being part of the governing committee (if there ever was a thing) SMS has my vote for his afternoon round count just as per normal. He'll be hitting completely different shots in and if you've seen him putt, the numerous three jabs in the morning will work against him. That's it, I've spoken so you can now close the thread! 8)Good stuff. I might not spit in your vodka after all.

Dazza
9th July 2012, 05:15 PM
This sheepstation won yet?

Captain Nemo
9th July 2012, 05:30 PM
I'm no hope then!

As being part of the governing committee (if there ever was a thing) SMS has my vote for his afternoon round count just as per normal. He'll be hitting completely different shots in and if you've seen him putt, the numerous three jabs in the morning will work against him.

:smt038

peter_rs
9th July 2012, 05:38 PM
I'm no hope then!

No one has a problem with two rounds if he can fit it in. It was only if he could play one round there was a problem( which in a seeded feild is more likey).

A few of us have to choose between club champs and og champs. It's a stab event he could win it in one day;)

When push comes to shove a vote can be taken be i would think it can count if he pays two comp fee

Daves
9th July 2012, 06:19 PM
Seriously, you guys are no fun. If it was my decision, I would have strung SMS out for days and baited him relentlessly.:wink:

Jarro
9th July 2012, 06:21 PM
Seriously, you guys are no fun. If it was my decision, I would have strung SMS out for days and baited him relentlessly.:wink:

My thoughts exactly :)

Yossarian
9th July 2012, 06:33 PM
WOuldn't that be infraction point worthy trolling?

Jarro
9th July 2012, 06:36 PM
WOuldn't that be infraction point worthy trolling?

You mean like what you do ?

Yossarian
9th July 2012, 06:43 PM
I'm not sure what you really mean jarro.

just
9th July 2012, 07:03 PM
If Shorn can't play twice, his morning round should be sufficient and count.

Johnny Canuck
9th July 2012, 08:23 PM
Surely playing on the same day at the same course means your score counts?I'd like to say we are less strict, but you haven't met JC yet. Get ****ed. I had nothing to do with last years controversial issues. I am just the WA handicapper, along with my.advisory committee.

mike
9th July 2012, 08:32 PM
Vegas, is the fathers days clash the reason why the numbers are down this year (I'd be there if it werent that weekend)?Me too.

jaybam
9th July 2012, 09:05 PM
Me too. Hahahaha. Funniest post yet lol

sms316
9th July 2012, 09:07 PM
Seriously, you guys are no fun. If it was my decision, I would have strung SMS out for days and baited him relentlessly.:wink: Which may have worked if I didn't live at the venue and didn't intent on attending Saturday drinks and Sunday golf anyway. I'll see if I can get exempted from the seeded draw on compassionate grounds anyway.

goughy
10th July 2012, 05:30 AM
I don't care which way it ends, but I think one of his rounds (either just morning or a 2nd arvo) should count. But then, we all know I'm not there for the golf.

And yeah, this weekend timing sux big for me. Fathers day, Friday night is my best mates 40th, Saturday night band has a big gig and still can't find a replacement drummer for me! Still currently got the champs in first - hopefully finances don't stuff that around as I could use the $400 from the gig.

Marto65
10th July 2012, 05:36 AM

Thats no difference when there is no separate comp for the ladies.

And I think I won "Coin" last year ... Where the hell is my Merit Bar ?

sms316
18th July 2012, 12:05 PM
Sat 1st is now the second round so not seeded. Looks like a 36 hole day.

LeftyHoges
18th July 2012, 12:50 PM
sat 1st is now the second round so not seeded. Looks like a 36 hole day.

hooray!!!!

peter_rs
18th July 2012, 08:00 PM
Seconds in a Cart so it's easy... New favourite

sms316
18th July 2012, 08:04 PM
Seconds in a Cart so it's easy... New favourite Both rounds are in carts. Still long way behind dc68.

timah!
18th July 2012, 08:14 PM
Both rounds are in carts. Still long way behind dc68.

And PeteyD...

PeteyD
18th July 2012, 09:46 PM
Yep, I am sure to win this now.

timah!
18th July 2012, 09:47 PM
Yep, I am sure to win this now.

Hey, no need to put tickets on yourself... :lol:

PeteyD
18th July 2012, 09:54 PM
pffft no one else has a chance

timah!